Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2017, 02:02   #1696
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Well Roby,talking about the look quotient, which you had mentioned a few posts above, and I understand your point. I even empathise with you. As much as Im a fan of the Hexa's brilliant and smart looking design and wonderful proportions, The Safari has 'character'. That is very hard to replace with the suave Hexa. The Hexa's bonnet line that slopes downwards in the front makes it look smaller when viewed from front (e.g.: Against the Endy as seen a few pics up, or with the Storme in the pic below) Add to it, the narrower air dam compared to the wide jawed Endy,Safari. The front quarter or the profile actually tells the true tale of Hexa's length. The rear roofline sloping down also, makes it look smaller. While for most buyers the Hexa is a mammoth and rightly so, I totally understand how it feels sliding over from the colossal Safari. The stepped up rear roof of the Safari is a nice high flat place, (I have had jolly silly moments climbing onto that to get a good photo vantage point.) It gives the rear of the Safari that towering effect over the Hexa. I had to actually look through the numbers to understand how sprawling the Hexa actually is. It is longer but narrower and shorter than the Safari.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa2.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-fullsizeoutput_12.jpeg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-fullsizeoutput_15.jpeg

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 23rd March 2017 at 02:13.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 02:15   #1697
BHPian

Viewed from the Hexa perspective, this is how it looks.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-fullsizeoutput_1d.jpeg

The first column is the Hexa
Tata Hexa : Official Review-screen-shot-20170323-2.11.53-am.png
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:21   #1698
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Viewed from the Hexa perspective, this is how it looks.
This is a very interesting observation. I had never compared the dimensions but the Hexa always seemed to be wider than the Safari. Surprising to know that it is actually narrower. This also means that if TML were to give the Safari a grounds up interior revamp, it could be bigger than the Hexa on the inside and look even more spacious.
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:51   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is a very interesting observation. I had never compared the dimensions but the Hexa always seemed to be wider than the Safari. Surprising to know that it is actually narrower. This also means that if TML were to give the Safari a grounds up interior revamp, it could be bigger than the Hexa on the inside and look even more spacious.
The 1965 mm width of storme is with side foot steps. Without sidesteps it is narrower than hexa at 1855mm

Source : Storme website
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-capture.jpg  

Last edited by S5157 : 23rd March 2017 at 08:53.
S5157 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:31   #1700
BHPian

Thanks for pointing out. I stand corrected. The Hexa is both wider and longer than the Safari.
The GC also seems to be higher, quoted somewhere as 209mm for the XT's , (thanks to the 19" alloys? )
I also noticed that my Storme manages to have a FLAT middle row floor (No transmission tunnel hump) Must investigate if it has been achieved by lifting the floor and the cabin clear off and above the shaft, and hence the added roof height?
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 12:38   #1701
BHPian

I happened to see a completely camouflaged hexa today while driving to work. Couldnt take pics as I was driving. Any idea on what's cooking (auto 4*4?)?
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 13:23   #1702
BHPian

That's great news.I wish it is the XTA 4x4! But why would it need camouflage? It would be practically impossible to spot the difference. They might as well test it in plainclothes. On the contrary, the camouflage makes you take a second look
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:03   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
On the contrary, the camouflage makes you take a second look
True that and that actually is what caught my attention. I was driving on the opposite lane and would have easily missed it if it dnt have the camouflage. What made me think on it was that the camouflage looked pretty recent than how it would have looked like on the earlier test mules (worn out/dirty). Couldn't take a pic unfortunately as I was driving and we crossed each other in a jiffy
Old 24th March 2017, 11:15   #1704
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hexa Experience Center rolls into Hyderabad - starting from today till 26th March, at the Hitex Exhibition Centre located in the Trade Fair Office Building at Izzat Nagar.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1.jpg

Official Mailer:

Quote:
Greetings from Tata Motors !!

I cordially invite you for Hexa Experience Centre being conducted in Hyderabad from 24th to 26th March 2017 at the Hitex Exhibition Centre, Hitech City Hyderabad.

Come, Participate and Drive the HEXTRAORDINARY.

Please share the event invite with your Colleagues, Friends & Family to Experience The Tata Hexa. Specially invite your inner circle of friends and your family members.

Please find below the invite with the event details and block your date and time to avoid missing an unforgettable experience.

Do click on the link below ”REGISTER” to register yourself to participate in this unique experience

Registration link : http://hexa.tatamotors.com/hexaexperiencecenter

Stay tuned to this space to know more:

Call 1800 209 8282 for any assistance. | www.hexa.tatamotors.com

We look forward to meet you at Hitex Exhibition Centre for the “Hextraordinary HEC”.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 22:06   #1705
Distinguished - BHPian

Jagdish Peswani shares his delivery experience from Thane:

Quote:
Sir,

I took delivery of my Tata Hexa XTA 4x2 yesterday from Deogiri Auto, then proceeded with my family to the Sai Baba temple in Vartak Nagar, Thane, to get the car blessed.

It was around 7 PM when we reached the temple, and in my haste to open the front bonnet for the priest, I pulled at the accelerator pedal with all my might, mistaking it for the bonnet opening lever! It was dark, and I had an absolute brain-fade moment (foolish of me). When the bonnet did not open and I heard no "click" of the bonnet release lock, I yanked at the accelerator pedal yet again, using all of my strength. Only when the bonnet lid didn't open for the second time, did I realise that I was doing something wrong.

But it was too late for my realisation, and the damage was done. The accelerator pedal was yanked outward and had got stuck in it's position, and didn't go down even after pressing hard. I got the rituals done and started the car, thinking that might ease the pedal. The engine started, then absolutely roared into the highest revving one could possibly hear! Fearful, I shut down the car and waited for some minutes, before trying again. Same thing happened - the engine started and roared into it's highest revs!

I sat down completely depressed, thinking I have done some extensive damage to the accelerator pedal's connections. I called up Deogiri Auto and explained the problem to them (the time was around 7:30 PM). The Deogiri helpdesk assured me that they will get some help dispatched to my location as soon as possible.

I sent my family home in an auto, and waited back by my car with my brother-in-law. Standing there in the dark by my new steed, I was close to tears, because this was the single biggest investment for me in my life, apart from our house.

A Tata technician from their Road-side Assistance office showed up first, but without any tools on him! He checked the car and said that because my car is new, it cannot be towed back to any nearby dealerships. The only option I had was of a flatbed truck, which won't be available before morning tomorrow. Saying that, he left, leaving me more apprehensive than before.

I called up my contact at Deogiri Auto again, told them what the technician had said, and requested for some emergency help (it was almost 8:40 PM by then). My Deogiri Auto contact assured me that he will do something, and to sit tight.

A few minutes later, I received a call from someone from Fortune Cars, Thane, who said that he was the workshop manager there and had left for my location, and re-confirmed the same from me. He reached my location in about 15 minutes and reset the accelerator back into it's normal position (how he did it I could not see), after which the car started up normally and the accelerator pedal revved & behaved normally again. The manager told me that the Hexa's accelerator is electronic, so it could not be fixed in the same way that a wired accelerator is fixed. To be safe, the guy even drove my car for a small round on the same road (for about a block) to verify that there was no problem with the car.

Still, I insisted that he accompanied us on our drive home, and promised him to send home by auto/taxi and paying for any/all expenses. He drove the car back home for us into my garage space, observing keenly throughout the journey for any possible quirks/whims which the car might throw out. (it was close to 9:30 PM) Thankfully, the Hexa behaved normally and smoothly all the way home.

Today morning, I drove all the way to Fortune to to get my Hexa checked. The Fortune tech team did a thorough inspection of the car in my presence, and okayed it. Relieved, I headed home.

I learnt later that the Road-side Assistance technicians are from TVS, with whom Tata has a tie-up. The TVS technicians usually do a first-level inspection and then make a phone call, recommending the car for towing, then leave the scene. Thankfully, I called up my dealership contacts at Deogiri as well, due to which I could get the emergency help from Fortune at such a late hour.

I request you to share this, because often Tata dealers are accused of being unresponsive and non-supportive. This is one instance when both Deogiri Auto and Fortune Cars need to be applauded for going out of their way to help out someone like me who was in real trouble at an unlikely hour and everything looked to be lost.
Delivery pics:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image4.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image2.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image5.jpg

Picking up the Hexa from Fortune earlier today, with a fellow Hexa owner.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image6.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th March 2017 at 22:35. Reason: minor correction
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 22:20   #1706
BHPian

I stopped by Concorde, South Ex, today and checked out the bench seat 7 seater version.

The quality and Benecke Kalicko stitches retain looks at par with the Captain seats, but I found the Captain seat to be the more comfortable option. If one could do with one seat less, the Captain seat is super plush.

Also spotted a white XM on the porch.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_4198.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_4195.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_4196.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_4197.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 9th April 2017 at 21:22. Reason: Correcting image orientation
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 01:28   #1707
Distinguished - BHPian

So I lodged a complaint yesterday on the TMSC app regarding the AC vent not closing properly. Within 15 minutes, I got calls from the dealer, the regional office and well as from Pune office to discuss the problem and work it out. The dealer immediately sent a technician to my place. He checked the car and concluded that the car will have to be taken to the workshop. Today morning, 9 30am and their driver was at my door to pick the car up. They had it for the entire day. By evening, I got a call that they have not been able to fix the vent. They said they have prepared a technical report which has been forwarded to the company and are awaiting instructions as to how to proceed. They have promised to get back to me with a solution asap. Car was duly cleaned and returned.

Tata's promptness and apparent seriousness in attending complaints is commendable. The TMSC app is also very convenient. At the same time, they should have been able to fix the vent. Don't think it is something that complicated.

Otherwise, I am now well and truly spoilt by the comfy seats and the magic carpet ride. Travel in ANY other car after the Hexa and the roads suddenly seem so much worse.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 26th March 2017 at 01:34.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 08:01   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
So I lodged a complaint yesterday on the TMSC app regarding the AC vent not closing properly. Within 15 minutes, I got calls from the dealer, the regional office and well as from Pune office to discuss the problem and work it out. The dealer immediately sent a technician to my place. He checked the car and concluded that the car will have to be taken to the workshop. Today morning, 9 30am and their driver was at my door to pick the car up. They had it for the entire day. By evening, I got a call that they have not been able to fix the vent. They said they have prepared a technical report which has been forwarded to the company and are awaiting instructions as to how to proceed. They have promised to get back to me with a solution asap. Car was duly cleaned and returned.

Tata's promptness and apparent seriousness in attending complaints is commendable. The TMSC app is also very convenient. At the same time, they should have been able to fix the vent. Don't think it is something that complicated.

Otherwise, I am now well and truly spoilt by the comfy seats and the magic carpet ride. Travel in ANY other car after the Hexa and the roads suddenly seem so much worse.

Good to hear the prompt response shreyans! Hope the issue gets resolved fast.
Could you pls let me know if your hexa was registered for 10yrs/15yrs? DL 6?
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 08:53   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Tata has been super prompt in addressing all kinds of issues. After 3M PPF treatment I observed a distinct rattle from the RHS bonnet area on undulations. I informed Tata on this and the regional service head south promptly called me, understood the issue, sent out the local service manager and a technician to my house. The problem was promptly diagonised as a slight misalignment of the rhs hinge (due to the savages in 3m who had been slamming the bonnet shut), realigned the bonnet and voila the issue was sorted, all within 2 hours of raising the issue. They also gave me a box of sweets due inconvinience caused!!.. what a great service experience and beautifully handled by their professional team. Kudos!!!
apachelongbow is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 20:35   #1710
BHPian

Do we have any XT4x4 owners? Given that most of the buyers seem to choose XTA at that price point, how good is the Borg Warner AWD?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks