Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 20:49   #2296
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Let's appreciate Tata for making amends at the second opportunity, having missed the first one. Better late than never.
Again, as I said. Prices are compared variant to variant, and variants are based on features. This goes across segments and cars.

Whatever you mentioned certainly makes the Hexa a better car when compared against equivalent variant of the XUV. Clearly no doubt on that.

But that equivalent variant against the XTA is the W8 AT.

PS - Haven't seen the market accepting second price corrections. Let's hope they do this time.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th July 2017 at 20:54.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 22:51   #2297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshnvjy View Post
A quick update after 5200+ kms
I'd like to provide a quick update regarding the issue we had (which I had mentioned in the above quoted post).

We took the car to Hyson Motors, Thrissur on Monday and spoke directly to the GM (Service), Mr. Sajithkumar. His response was prompt, professional and extremely effective. He directed his staff to look into the problem, and also introduced us to one Mr. Joshy, a well informed service supervisor, who assured us that the problem will be looked into.

We also told Mr. Joshy that the car had developed a slight rattling noise coming from the front right side of the dashboard (when seated in the driver's seat). He said he will look into that as well as soon as work on the infotainment system is complete.

By the evening, the car was ready and we went to pick it up. We found out that the infotainment system fuse was loose (which must have happened during the rough roads we encountered in Karnataka) and that the service techs had fixed it and ensured that it will not happen again. By now it was getting quite late (on Monday), and we thought we'll let the rattling issue stay for the time being and come back to fix it the next day as we had to leave for a short trip to Coimbatore the next morning. Mr. Joshy rode with us for a short while in order to observe the rattling sound, while we drove over a certain uneven patch of road here in Thrissur. Almost immediately, he hypothesised that the sound could be from the front right suspension. We left back home, telling that we'll hand over the car again the next day to ascertain the cause of this problem.

The next day, after the Coimbatore trip (during which we again observed the rattling, but not to such a bad extent), we gave the car to Hyson Motors and went away on a few errands. Upon coming back to collect the car, we were told that the issue was due to dirt and mud being stuck near the suspension bushes (the Kerala monsoon was heavy and unkind to cars this time). They cleaned the affected part, lubricated the joints and even did slight adjustments to the clutch and brake pedals, which made the whole experience a lot smoother. After the repairs, driving on the same patch of road, the car is near silent, except for the sound of the engine. The suspension did its job silently.

In conclusion, I would like to commend the level of professionalism shown by both Mr. Sajithkumar and Joshy in handling our case. However, I would also like to add that, in their absence, the whole experience we went through on Saturday, could have been a whole lot better. Ideally, the head in-charge of service need not step in to ensure that a customer gets treated right and that his/her problem is taken care of properly and professionally.

Again, if Tata Motors is listening, I'd like to say that I wish your dealers had better trained service technicians who know what they are doing. Give them better training, proper tooling and the skills required to use them so that in the absence of their superiors, they would be able to take care of the customer as well as they deserve when they buy a flagship product such as the Hexa. And do not give Hexa customers alone special treatment. Extend the same to everyone, be it owners of the Safari, Bolt, Zest, Tiago, Tigor or even the Nano.

Last edited by rshnvjy : 6th July 2017 at 22:55. Reason: Slight typo correction
rshnvjy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 23:35   #2298
BHPian

Hexa price list from Concorde, Bangalore.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Price List Hexa.pdf (97.6 KB, 1035 views)
Musa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 23:52   #2299

@rshnvjy

Yours is thus the second case of a loose fuse.

I was wondering if it is an inherent problem with the Hexa and will connections come loose everytime it hits bad roads? Or did you and I face this problem because of negligient assembly at the factory?
arijitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 01:07   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitd View Post
I was wondering if it is an inherent problem with the Hexa and will connections come loose everytime it hits bad roads? Or did you and I face this problem because of negligient assembly at the factory?
If you may refer to my first post on our Hexa, the Harman ICE had stopped functioning and the service guys replaced it entirely. During the replacement process, I suspect that the fuse may not have been inserted back properly (after cutting and restoring electrical supply to the system, which is the first troubleshooting step).

During the bad roads en route to Hampi, the loose fuse may have finally come free of the contacts resulting in the system stopping. I suspect this is the case because only the infotainment system stopped working. Every other electrical system was perfect.

Only the infotainment system had been worked on by the technicians earlier.

After fixing the fuse properly now, and driving for almost 350 kms afterwards, the system seems to be working perfectly fine, even after a few stretches of uneven and bad roads.

Last edited by rshnvjy : 7th July 2017 at 01:13. Reason: Added a few more details (regarding after the repairs)
rshnvjy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 09:55   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
PS - Haven't seen the market accepting second price corrections. Let's hope they do this time.
...this was exactly what I was referring to.

Tata Motors has played it smart here. They did not cut the price openly (which has a negative impact), but rather disguised it in the pretext of GST.

Trying to sell a bug as a feature.
sachinayak is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 12:43   #2302
BHPian

I had booked the Hexa XMA earlier but had to cancel it for lack of finances. Now I am again going to book one, but as the GST prices have come in and XTA is available for under 20 lakhs, thinking whether to go for that variant. Could anyone tell if going for the XTA over the XMA is worth it, considering it costs around 3.2 lakhs more than the XMA?
Old 7th July 2017, 14:20   #2303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Whatever you mentioned certainly makes the Hexa a better car when compared against equivalent variant of the XUV. Clearly no doubt on that.

But that equivalent variant against the XTA is the W8 AT.
The Hexa clearly Trump's the XUV if you compare the lower variants. The XE is just 10.95 compared to XUV W4's 12.1x something and the XE misses out only on rear wiper and washer.

The XM at 12.8 vastly undercuts the W6 at 13.46 while the XT,XTA and XT 4/4 are priced onpar with the W8 models.

People wanted the Hexa to undercut the XUV and here they have it.

If I am in the market for a 10-12 lakh SUV, I wouldn't even look at the Ecosport , Creta or Duster. The Duster 110 and Creta 1.6 are easily a lakh above the XE. The Hexa would be my eyes closed pick.Big car ( bigger is always better), bigger engine , more power , brilliant ride and handling. What more you need in a car. Moreover the Hexa 4/4 is way more capable than the XUV AWD which looks like a lame duck off road.
Old 7th July 2017, 14:53   #2304
BHPian

Hello Friends

I have 2014 Duster RXE with 40k on odo in 2 and a half years. I absolutely love the ride quality and almost everything about the car except the interiors . I am bored of the interiors and may well change/upgrade in 6-12 months(another 10k-20k km).

What do you think about:
Hexa XE. Is it a decent option to consider. My budget will be around 15 Lacs OTR Bangalore.
XT will be way out of budget and XM can be considered but going just by the engine specifications, how big a real life difference is there between XE and other models and how much is the difference in 'Kitna deti hai'? I would love to get and AT but the budget wont allow me to buy either of XUV or Hexa ATs and I don't want to look at Sedans.

Already owning a duster, I want something that should be somewhere close to its ride quality and I want my next purchase to be at least some sort of upgrade. I don't like Creta much and I don't really see any option other than XUV and Hexa. Are there any other options that I missed

I know I sound a little confused, but that's thanks to Hexa. How bad is an idea to sell a 3 year old duster ?

Thanks

Last edited by SinghP09 : 7th July 2017 at 15:14. Reason: Forgot to mention my budget is for OTR Bangalore
Old 7th July 2017, 15:12   #2305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobydick1983 View Post
I had booked the Hexa XMA earlier but had to cancel it for lack of finances. Now I am again going to book one, but as the GST prices have come in and XTA is available for under 20 lakhs, thinking whether to go for that variant. Could anyone tell if going for the XTA over the XMA is worth it, considering it costs around 3.2 lakhs more than the XMA?
I would say a resounding yes! XTA adds a lot more features to the XMA & it is completely worth the extra money if you can afford it. Side & curtain airbags, Auto climate control, better ICE, fog lamps/DRL, Cruise control, auto headlamps & wipers, 19 inch alloys, leather steering, better seat upholstery - it is a long list that XTA has above XMA!
Old 7th July 2017, 15:26   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
I would say a resounding yes! XTA adds a lot more features to the XMA & it is completely worth the extra money if you can afford it. Side & curtain airbags, Auto climate control, better ICE, fog lamps/DRL, Cruise control, auto headlamps & wipers, 19 inch alloys, leather steering, better seat upholstery - it is a long list that XTA has above XMA!
In my opinion, the side and curtain airbags alone are reason enough to spend the extra 3.2 lakhs. In case there's an accident involving a side hit, the 3.2 lakhs would be nothing if they help in saving the life of a loved one.
Old 7th July 2017, 16:46   #2307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
The Hexa clearly Trump's the XUV if you compare the lower variants. The XE is just 10.95 compared to XUV W4's 12.1x something and the XE misses out only on rear wiper and washer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Hello Friends
What do you think about:
Hexa XE. Is it a decent option to consider.
I was about to choose Hexa XE, but backed off due to its tuned down engine with 148 BHP and 320NM torque. XM and XT has the same engine tuned to produce 154 BHP and 400NM torque.

Hexa XE comes only in white colour.

I somehow got a doubt that Hexa XE has been targeted for taxi market.

Finally after considering my requirements, and a lot of discussions within the family, I ended up booking Innova Crysta GX MT (even though it is MUV ).
vsun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 17:30   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post

Hexa XE comes only in white colour.

I somehow got a doubt that Hexa XE has been targeted for taxi market.

Finally after considering my requirements, and a lot of discussions within the family, I ended up booking Innova Crysta GX MT (even though it is MUV ).
Congratulations on your booking. I love Crysta but it's way out of my budget, so not even considering.

I may have to look for XUV W4. Reviews say it's ride quality is not that great. I will take a TD before deciding.

I have white Duster and for me, it looks great and this was the only color I checked before buying but from whatever pics I have seen of Hexa in white, it doesn't look that good. That will mean XE is out of my list. It seems XM is the minimum I will have to look for. It will be real stretch for my budget, so lets see. There could be new launches too, but I am not someone who likes buying newly launched cars. Waiting for at least an year is always a good idea.
Old 7th July 2017, 18:35   #2309
BHPian

Autocar India has posted a long term review of Hexa. I hope the massive price reduction due to GST gives Tata some good sales numbers. Hope they don't increase the prices in small increments like Tiago.
Old 7th July 2017, 19:27   #2310

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Autocar India has posted a long term review of Hexa. I hope the massive price reduction due to GST gives Tata some good sales numbers. Hope they don't increase the prices in small increments like Tiago.
Posting from autocar
"First, being an crossover"
What did Renuka kirpalani mean by it. Is hexa a crossover?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks