Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2017, 09:00   #2371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Going by the description of the event, I recall a similar incident in my Storme (described in my ownership thread) where I had to go up an incline right after a sharp turn. I took it as usual which is turn in slowly and started ascending from gear 1. But the vehicle was totally bogged down and kept rolling back. I gave way to a partially loaded Bolero which made up easily. Later I realised that since the Storme is a turbo charged engine, It needs to build up rpm to get into the torque band which the N.A. Bolero did not require to. I then used momentum into the turn and kept the revs above 2200rpm and was able to go up smoothly in gear 2. Not sure if this helps.
Yes, i too feel its the turbo that causes most of the confusion. While holding down clutch, i guess it is very necessary to let the rpm stay above 1500 while standing still to gain momentum. Else, even if you let go of the clutch, at idle rpm, the car doesn't move irrespective of how much input you give to the A pedal.
Old 15th July 2017, 17:26   #2372
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hey folks,
My Hexa XTA has completed its first free service today. The ODO reading at the time of the service was 4,750 kms and as usual we went to Malik Cars, Tolichowki(the dealership which we patronized for a couple of issues in the past). We liked the dealership's attitude because of the way they treat a customer. It was truly Premium. Now, our beast had a couple of issues to be rectified during this service :
1.) Rear LH inner Door Latch gave way and lost the spring-action during our maiden roadtrip from Hyderabad-Tirupathi-Vellore-Kanchipuram-Chennai-Hyderabad. This happened when the vehicle had around 1,900 kms on the Odo. So much for the famed quality of the new-gen TATA's.
2.) The air-flow diverter for the Rear AC vents (mounted onto the armrest) wouldn't divert.
3.) My car had a couple of minor scratches on the Bonnet occurred due to the cleaning job done while the car was being delivered. This was promised to rectified at the first service.

So, we booked an appointment yesterday using the TMSC app and reached in the morning just as the workshop opened. The issues were addressed and were rectified to my satisfaction. The first free service was also performed a bit earlier as we're going on a 700kms trip tomorrow and wanted our beast to be perfectly alright before that. The experience was nothing new to write about as we're used to this VIP treatment. On a whole a 10/10 experience and wish this remains forever this way.

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 15:56   #2373
BHPian

Posting some photos of XMA variant with the optional 16inch alloys. This one has the full chrome kit and side steps from TATA.
Post GST XMA is seriously good value now at 13,69,791 ex showroom room AP which is just 50k expensive than Creta S+ auto. Also its cheaper than Crysta GX AT by 2.07 laks ex showroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170716wa0096.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170716wa0090.jpg  

Last edited by damodar : 16th July 2017 at 16:03.
damodar is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 21:15   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Posting some photos of XMA variant with the optional 16inch alloys. This one has the full chrome kit and side steps from TATA.
Post GST XMA is seriously good value now at 13,69,791 ex showroom room AP which is just 50k expensive than Creta S+ auto. Also its cheaper than Crysta GX AT by 2.07 laks ex showroom.

Though not as good as those 19" ones, the alloys do enhance the overall appeal of the XM/XMA variants but at Rs.8700 apiece they are a little on the expensive side. Price to pay for being OEM, I guess but knowing how they look like on Hexa makes them a safe option.
BTW, how come the XMA is priced at 13.69 in AP when its priced almost around 13.9 everywhere else in India (even in Pune where it is manufactured). I can't think of the rationale behind this price difference
r0nit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 21:44   #2375
BHPian

Are the sidesteps and rear bumper protector available outside? In gurgaon? Showroom prices for these are very very high.
Old 17th July 2017, 12:17   #2376
BHPian

Tata getting proactive ?

Cross posting from another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Time to get a test drive.

So, Friday evening, I logged on to http://hexa.tatamotors.com and signed up for a test drive. Within 15mins I got a call from Tata. They thanked me for my interest and asked me to reconfirm my location. I told them it’s Guwahati, Assam. What came next was a total shock! They didn’t have any dealership in Guwahati!! All these years, they had not one but two dealerships here, but seemingly, both have closed down in recent times. This was quite a dampener for me!

They lady on the phone however insisted that I should still take a test drive and that she could arrange one from the next closest dealership which was located in a small town, Nowgaon, around 120kms from here.

Reluctantly, I gave my go ahead and within a couple of minutes; I got a call from the dealership in Nowgaon. They were very courteous and didn’t seem one bit hesitant about sending the car on a 250kms round trip for a test drive!
Quote:
As agreed upon, Sunday morning 11am, the car reached my place--snip--There’s no doubt that the HEXA is a great vehicle and an excellent effort by Tata. But, what's even more commendable is the all new “ready to serve” attitude of the Tata dealerships when it comes to Hexa customers. Too bad, it’s not the right car for me!
Looks like TATA is waking up to a customer-centric approach. The pro-activeness of the dealerships is refreshing, hope it stays this way. A slew of interesting and capable products lined up for launch, a customer-centric approach coupled with knowledgeable and proactive dealerships / A$$ should translate into a great all-round buying / servicing experience and consequently, a happy customer.

Is it too early to say 'Good show !' ?

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 17th July 2017 at 12:22.
Ironhide is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 13:19   #2377
BHPian

I was pleasantly surprised by the proactiveness from Tata.

I was working from home on Friday a couple of weeks back and went to the Tata Hexa website.They had a number where you need to give a missed call and they would arrange for TD.I gave a call and within 30 seconds get a call back from Tata Pune.They ask me my location and what the nearest Tata dealer would be.I give them the closest dealer and get a call(multiple) on Saturday.Fixed the test drive for Sunday 11:30am.Even on Sunday,they kept me informed that they are reaching 15 mins late(which is nothing actually).Did the TD and they gave a token gift and took a snap.The best thing I admired is their professionalism and their earnest attitude.I think they are trying their best to change their reputation.

A big thumbs up to the K B Motors Tata team
joy_swift is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 21:29   #2378
BHPian

Guys, I've booked XTA pearl white.
I had booked BRV CVT earlier, but, heart took over mind.
BRV was cheaper by 5L+ on road.
BRV is easy to drive, feels car like to drive and has advantage of paddle shifts on steering.

Hexa is better in everything else - premium inside out. Bigger. Solid. Safer due to xtra airbags and discs. Planted on bad roads. Better visibility. Tons of more features n creature comforts.
(BRV has same ground clearance - no complaints)

Last - kids fell in love with hexa and said straight no no to BRV
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 21:55   #2379
BHPian

Any offers given on your booking?
Old 19th July 2017, 08:53   #2380
BHPian

Zero offers as of now :-(
Not even floor mats or corp. discount.
Old 19th July 2017, 10:44   #2381

https://www.motorscribes.com/feature...tore-to-london

Worth a read.
Old 19th July 2017, 10:59   #2382
Team-BHP Support

I put up a separate thread on Tata Hexa 4x4 performing in slush head to head with other 4WD and AWD vehicles.

Here is the link -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-vehicles.html
BlackPearl is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 13:20   #2383
BHPian

Wondered how Hexa would look with Storme alloys? Alloys cost 6200 a piece with painting extra. Source = Another Hexa owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-screenshot_20170719131558.png  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170719wa0018.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170719wa0017.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2017 at 17:05. Reason: Let's not start off a discussion on WhatsApp groups :)
damodar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 17:15   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Hello Friends

I have 2014 Duster RXE with 40k on odo in 2 and a half years.

Already owning a duster, I want something that should be somewhere close to its ride quality and I want my next purchase to be at least some sort of upgrade. I don't like Creta much and I don't really see any option other than XUV and Hexa. Are there any other options that I missed

I know I sound a little confused, but that's thanks to Hexa. How bad is an idea to sell a 3 year old duster ?

Thanks
I am exactly in same boat in the same city

I have a Duster RXE 2013 (60k) on ODO. No complaints with the car at all, though it will demand 60k now for new tyres, clutch, brake discs etc in next 5k kms. I too can't drive a sedan after enjoying Duster.

Did test ride of XUV and did not like much. Will test ride HEXA this week and keep you posted. Another important criteria would be the resale value of Duster 2013 RXE @ 60k km. I expect 6.5+
Old 23rd July 2017, 11:09   #2385
R_R
BHPian

Does the Hexa have any kind of plate or something protecting its critical underside components, such as the fuel tank or parts of the engine? The photos I have seen here seems to suggest no, and the superb review was unfortunately silent on this one issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks