Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2019, 19:25   #4561
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnselvaraj View Post
I had observed that AC cooling was not effective in the mod-noon time when the outside temperature was 33 degrees and the vehicle was idling. However, once the vehicle starts moving AC becomes effective slowly. Any known issue / reasoning for the AC being ineffective during engine idling time ?
It's to do with the large glass area (the windshield and the side windows). Glass absorbs heat and retains it for a longer period. So, when the car is stationary the amount of heat absorbed by the glass is higher. Upon moving, there is wind blowing against the glass and dissipating heat from it all the time.

When parked for a longer period in the sun, always open up the windows for a few minutes, change the AC from recirculation to allow fresh air, then close the windows and set it back to recirculation mode again. You will find the AC much more effective.
discoverwild is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 19:29   #4562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnselvaraj View Post
I had done a 1300 km trip over the last week and Hexa has done very well in this drive (in which 1000 km was in Western Ghats roads) with great suspension. Enjoyed driving Hexa in the scenic and winding rods of the mighty Western Ghats.
I had observed that AC cooling was not effective in the mod-noon time when the outside temperature was 33 degrees and the vehicle was idling. However, once the vehicle starts moving AC becomes effective slowly. Any known issue / reasoning for the AC being ineffective during engine idling time ?
Even i find the AC not as effective. It's not cool unless the air is directed to you. And I hardly get any cool air at my feet if it is selected to feet and face. And I must add, my Jazz, which is not a chiller, is still better than Hexa.

And to top it all, this is in winters when prevailing temperatures are ranging 14 to 20 deg!
Old 6th January 2019, 20:21   #4563
BHPian

My experience with the AC of my Hexa, bought in Dec 18, has been quite the opposite.
It's really a "CHILLER". Even at low blower settings, it chills the cabin in no time at all.
May be you need to get the AC checked for issues like gas leakage etc.
nvldvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2019, 23:17   #4564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
Even i find the AC not as effective. It's not cool unless the air is directed to you. And I hardly get any cool air at my feet if it is selected to feet and face. And I must add, my Jazz, which is not a chiller, is still better than Hexa.

And to top it all, this is in winters when prevailing temperatures are ranging 14 to 20 deg!
Not fair comparing Hexa with the Jazz! That way, even our Santro cools faster than Hexa. You need to keep in mind the huge interiors and understand that cooling the whole thing will definitely take some time. I let it run at 16 degrees for ten minutes with the speed set to 2 or 3. After ten minutes i switch to 23 degrees with speed at minimum. Works all the time.
abhi7013 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 22:02   #4565

Took delivery of my Hexa XT 4X4 on 21Dec.
Drove kolkata-Bikaner-Bangalore-Kolkata 6000km+ in two weeks. Hats off to the design team at Tata. Must commend the attention to detail.Tata Hexa : Official Review-nathani.jpg
ghostforce is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 07:14   #4566
BHPian

Folks complaining of AC cooling. Please get your ac cabin filter checked. In dusty areas it gets chocked and the flow and cooling become lower. A simple compressed air blow on the filter will clean it
AirbusCapt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 23:51   #4567
BHPian

Stumbled upon this cool render of the Hexa. Based on Tata's original Xover cliff rider concept, this SRK designs has pumped the Hexa with steroids. Looks wicked IMHO.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-tatahexacliffriderrender.jpg

Source : SRK Designs
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 09:06   #4568
BHPian

I was looking at the connect next app and noticed my car warranty has started the date i booked it on 18 dec. I got the car only on the 3 jan(also reg on the same date). Is that the way it is done?
Shiwik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 09:31   #4569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwik View Post
I was looking at the connect next app and noticed my car warranty has started the date i booked it on 18 dec. I got the car only on the 3 jan(also reg on the same date). Is that the way it is done?
IIRC, warranty starts from date of sale (not booking date or delivery date or registration date), i.e. the date when you do full payment and the vehicle is invoiced in your name, for which you will get a receipt. You can cancel a booking, but can't cancel a sale after full payment is done. I might be wrong, so please do confirm this with other Hexa owners too and with TML customer care.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 14th January 2019 at 09:32.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 10:04   #4570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
IIRC, warranty starts from date of sale (not booking date or delivery date or registration date), i.e. the date when you do full payment and the vehicle is invoiced in your name, for which you will get a receipt. You can cancel a booking, but can't cancel a sale after full payment is done. I might be wrong, so please do confirm this with other Hexa owners too and with TML customer care.

Cheers,
Vikram
I was of the same opinion. I made the payment on the 31st of December and here i see the warranty has started from the date i booked. Any other views? Should i go back to Tata and question this?
Old 14th January 2019, 10:07   #4571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was of the same opinion. I made the payment on the 31st of December and here i see the warranty has started from the date i booked. Any other views? Should i go back to Tata and question this?
Yes, you should. 13 days is a long time in the world of warranty claims, and it's better to get it corrected now rather than after 3 years, when the warranty is about to end. Good luck, and do let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 19:50   #4572

Quote:
Checked the app for my warranty dates. It starts from the date of sale, ie 17dec18 for me. I had booked the car on 01nov18.
Old 15th January 2019, 13:47   #4573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostforce View Post
Took delivery of my Hexa XT 4X4 on 21Dec.
Drove kolkata-Bikaner-Bangalore-Kolkata 6000km+ in two weeks. Hats off to the design team at Tata. Must commend the attention to detail.
That's one hell of a trip, especially with a new car! Please do share with a travelog and pictures.

How did the car perform over the journey?
chaotic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 22:39   #4574

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic View Post
That's one hell of a trip, especially with a new car! Please do share with a travelog and pictures.

How did the car perform over the journey?
Thanks. And yes it was a challenge and I loved it all the way.
I'm new to the forum so I thought it would be better to observe and start with smaller posts.
Will certainly write up once I get a hang of things.

Regarding the car's performance.
Even over the longest stretch, fatigue was minimal. I've become a fan of the cruise control feature and used it a lot in the Bikaner-Ahmedabad stretch.
I also took care to keep the car under 1500rpm in the initial 1500km.
The longest stretch in 24hrs was from Varanasi-Bikaner. We started at 0530hrs and reached at 0130hrs.
Gearbox is smooth and falls into place once you learn the spacing. TOD works flawlessly and the comfort mode returned a mileage of 16.1kmpl.
Steering is not heavy and provides adequate feedback.

The mood lights of my left passenger door were not functioning but it was promptly fixed in my first service at Bangalore. ( 2 weeks after buying the car!)
ghostforce is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:58   #4575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Yes, you should. 13 days is a long time in the world of warranty claims, and it's better to get it corrected now rather than after 3 years, when the warranty is about to end. Good luck, and do let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Vikram
I have been trying to get a resolution from TATA on this to no avail. I have been in touch with Prashanth who is the south zone representative from TATA and he says this is what it is. There were December offers and the dealer would have gone ahead and raised an invoice with TATA motors to secure the December offers which is why the warranty starts from the 18th. My argument is I had not even paid for the car and the warranty starts even before i have purchased the car. I had asked him whom can i escalate further and was surprised to hear his response "Even you escalate to anyone it would eventually come back to him"

Can i get contact details of anyone higher up in Tata who could help solve this issue please?
Shiwik is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks