Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2019, 13:29   #4696
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaustsher View Post
2. Secondly, there are hardly any pics or marketing material available online that shows Arizona blue with dual tone colours. The pics on tatamotors website doesn't do justice. I personally feel that tungsten silver with black roof looks much better than arizona blue & grey roof but would want to make the final decision only after seeing enough pics(or seeing the car for real).

3. Out of the two dealers I spoke to, only one of them was aware that the new 2019 Hexa comes with only one exhaust as opposed to two in the previous models. Not sure what the reason for this change esp when it looked so cool. Again, this info is only from a dealer & no where mentioned on hexa brouchers etc. Can anyone please confirm this?
I have done a detailed Testdrive two weeks back. Even I asked the same question about single tone color. SA too informed me that he is not sure about the single color option in the top variants. He told me he will check the same and let me know later. Since we told him that we are waiting for Harrier AT before making a final call, he may not have bothered to check further. Regarding the exhaust pipe, I'm reading it first time from your post. Regarding the pictures, I could not find any real picture. Tried checking over Youtube by sorting the videos based on upload date, but the sort by "upload date" feature aint working for me since the last week. May be you can try that.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 14:08   #4697
BHPian

Quote:
I need some help & guidance from the experts here. We have been planning to upgrade our car(we own the dependable & trustworthy swift since 2007) to a family sedan/suv. In this search, we have evaluated Ciaz, then XUV, then Creta, then Civic, then XUV again & now finally have settled on Hexa!
1. The new Hexa is only available in dual tone paint and not in single tone. Only lower variants are available in single tone.

2. Arizona blue comes with silver for dual tone which doesn't look as appealing as a tungsten silver or white with a black roof. There are no much images available as its just a few weeks that the updates were announced and i don't think there are many new models around yet.

3. Since last 2-3 months itself, Hexa comes with single exhaust and the same is retained in the newer version as well. Doesn't effect performance in any way. Not sure how it looks aesthetically though as i haven't seen one.

4. Yes, please go for the extended warranty. You may travel 7k a month which might increase when the Hexa arrives! So 10k per month is a good enough number for you to go for extended warranty.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th March 2019 at 17:14. Reason: Please avoid quoting large posts entirely. Thanks!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 14:14   #4698
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

4. Lastly, does it make sense to buy the 4-5th year extended warranty? Our annual drive is just about 7k km now but again it may change with Hexa :-)

Absolutely. Go for it eyes closed.

Apart from covering any unforeseen part replacement(s) in 4th/ 5th years, it will also help the resale value, just in case you decide to sell the Hexa off.
nvldvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 14:46   #4699
BHPian

IMHO, Arizona Blue Hexa with Silver roof looks really bad. Again, looks can be subjective and is a matter of personal taste. Silver with Black and White with Black looks good. I would say single tone Hexa looks better than dual tone, unless White with Black roof!
shivathedude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 10:34   #4700
BHPian

Probably the only image/video of dual tone Hexa I could find. Dual exhaust is still present.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 14:16   #4701

Thank you everyone for your responses & suggestions!

I have consulted with 3 dealers in NCR and also spoken to a Hexa owner who bought his dual tone Hexa just last week. Here are the findings as far as new Hexa XTA is concerned -
1. Dual exhaust is available on new(dual tone) Hexa as well. Phew! Thank God for small mercies.
2. New Hexa is available ONLY with dual tone colours. This one is a bummer IMHO.
3. New Hexa's ambient light feature is available only in white colour. It does not have 8 colour options like the previous model. Wonder why they would do this?
4. New Hexa has dropped the wide chrome plate/belt on the rear door. It can be put in as an accessory though.
5. New Hexa has the 7-inch touch screen with Android Auto.
6. 19-inch diamond cut alloys have been retained.

Keeping all this in mind, we have decided to go ahead & buy older(Jan/Feb 2019) Hexa in Arizona Blue colour. We realized that we can live with a smaller screen on the ICE but not without Arizona Blue colour. Additionally, my kids love the 8 colour ambient light so that made the decision easy. :-)

Now I am in negotiation mode with two dealers and as soon as I have the best price, I will go ahead & book.

I really appreciate the timely help provided by Team-BHP members. Thanks!
chaustsher is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 15:02   #4702
BHPian

Quote:
2. New Hexa is available ONLY with dual tone colours. This one is a bummer IMHO.
That's really bad that there is no single color option. Did you check whether the new 7" unit can be installed to the older models? Please do share pictures, if you get any, of the dual tone versions.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 15:41   #4703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
3. Since last 2-3 months itself, Hexa comes with single exhaust and the same is retained in the newer version as well. Doesn't effect performance in any way. Not sure how it looks aesthetically though as i haven't seen one.
Last I checked their brochure, I remember the twin exhaust was only for the top manual and AT variants. I don't know if Tata has slyly removed it since in their "spirit of deleting features".
rovingeye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 16:22   #4704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
Last I checked their brochure, I remember the twin exhaust was only for the top manual and AT variants. I don't know if Tata has slyly removed it since in their "spirit of deleting features".
Here's the link that speaks of the change in exhaust design. Indeed this is during the time when TAMO was on a feature deletion spree.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...deletions/amp/

Also i did check with my dealer who confirmed the lack of dual exhaust. Its confusing, yet relieving to see that the new Hexa still has it though!
Old 26th March 2019, 16:34   #4705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Also i did check with my dealer who confirmed the lack of dual exhaust. Its confusing, yet relieving to see that the new Hexa still has it though!
I'm not sure if the dealer is unaware or if Tata is being sloppy with their brochure updates. Check the official brochure, which says the twin pipes are retained in all variants except of the XE.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexatwinexhaust.png

Official Brochure.
rovingeye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 16:57   #4706

Frankly, I have never seen such confusion around any other vehicle/face-lift launch. I have spoken to 3 different dealers in NCR and each one of them has their own version of what features are there or not.

Coming on to the (lack of) images & videos from TATA marketing channels, it's surprising how could they not use social media to build buzz around a face-lift version. In-fact I won't be surprised if in a few months, TAMO suddenly decides to start offering new Hexa in single tone colours as well.

I have connected with their Instagram handle and they are supposed to call me today sometime to discuss this. Let's see how that goes.
chaustsher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 17:30   #4707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
I'm not sure if the dealer is unaware or if Tata is being sloppy with their brochure updates. Check the official brochure, which says the twin pipes are retained in all variants except of the XE.

Attachment 1863243

Official Brochure.
I wonder why some of the exterior elements like exhausts are mentioned under the INTERIORS section. Is this a printing mistake?

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your responses & suggestions!

I have consulted with 3 dealers in NCR and also spoken to a Hexa owner who bought his dual tone Hexa just last week. Here are the findings as far as new Hexa XTA is concerned -
1. Dual exhaust is available on new(dual tone) Hexa as well. Phew! Thank God for small mercies.
3. New Hexa's ambient light feature is available only in white colour. It does not have 8 colour options like the previous model. Wonder why they would do this?
4. New Hexa has dropped the wide chrome plate/belt on the rear door. It can be put in as an accessory though.
5. New Hexa has the 7-inch touch screen with Android Auto.
6. 19-inch diamond cut alloys have been retained.

Keeping all this in mind, we have decided to go ahead & buy older(Jan/Feb 2019) Hexa in Arizona Blue colour. We realized that we can live with a smaller screen on the ICE but not without Arizona Blue colour. Additionally, my kids love the 8 colour ambient light so that made the decision easy. :-)

Now I am in negotiation mode with two dealers and as soon as I have the best price, I will go ahead & book.

I really appreciate the timely help provided by Team-BHP members. Thanks!
Very good decision. I did the same last year when I took the delivery of June 2018 model in September. For the uninitiated, Tata deleted features like Soft touch dashboard with Hexa branding, Airbag indicator, second row smart USB charging, roof rails, third row charging slot in XT and so forth from July 2018.

Bad product planning by Tata. Nevertheless, congrats on choosing a great product. Cheers!

Last edited by Zappo : 26th March 2019 at 17:55. Reason: No back to back posts please. Use multiquote option to respond to everyone in one go. Consecutive posts merged.
shivathedude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 17:50   #4708
BHPian

Here is the brochure of updated Hexa. Hexa_Brochure.pdf

1. Android Auto enabled 7 inch touchscreen system is available in all variants except the base XE version. XE also loses the audio system.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexaheadunit.jpg
2. Single tail pipe for XE only. Rest all get dual tail pipes.
3. XM+ gets 16 inch alloys, XT and XT 4x4 get 17 inch charcoal grey alloys from Aria and XTA retains the 19 inch machine cut alloys.
4. Brochure still retains proof of cost cutting by mentioning that roof rails are absent from all variants.
5. Don't know what is meant by white coloured mood lighting. Whatever is the mood the light will remain white.
6. No push button start.
7. Below are the dual tone colour combinations.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexacolouroptions.jpg
PraNeel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 18:07   #4709
NH6

Quote:

Jfyi. Discounts offered to me
Oct 2018 XTA @ 1.7L
2019 New XTA @ 50k
NH6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 06:53   #4710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
1665 kms Road Trip to Jodhpur

Did a 3 day long trip to Jodhpur, Osian, and Pali clocking 1665 Kms in total on Hexa XM. Hexa performed amazingly well, even in the deserts of Osian. I tried Hexa in Osian deserts on Rough Mode and it was too comfortable in there, with no wheel or even a single hiccup. We went to Osian, Jodhpur for Jeep safari and the guy was like, "why don't you get your car for desert safari"
Dude, you took hexa over the sands??

I did a trip to Sum, Rajasthan two months ago. I did not risk running XT 4x2 (that too with 19 inch rims). We ended up doing an all wheel drive camel ride instead .

Would you share how did she perform on the dunes?
cpyder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks