Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 19:56   #5896
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Thanks padmrajravi for the response.

It happens both in N and while driving. The climb after 2.5k is so slow and by this time, there is so much engine noise, that my neighbours now call this a truck.

Unfortunately this is the second TASS i got car checked and I havent heard good things on third TASS from my cousins who own other Tata cars. Anyways, I will still give a try, lets see if something comes up.
Check the rubber seal around the fuel filler area. When the rubber is degraded, the car goes into a limp home mode (not revving beyond 2000/2500 rpm in any gear), because it feels there is air in the fuel tank. Sometimes the check engine light comes on as well. Replacing that rubber ring/seal will solve this issue.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 22:48   #5897
BHPian

Dear all, I was driving hexa (xma) today. I was at stop signal. On Green light I started to drive, after few seconds there was continuous beeping sound but there was no warning lights on dashboard. I was all confused & pulled to left side of the road & switched off the car, pulled the key out. Then put the key back, started the car and drove few meters. Immediately the continuous beeping sound started again. Then I stopped again then put car in reverse drove for 2-3 meters backwards, then the beeping stopped and it was all normal as before. Not sure what happened suddenly.
Any help/suggestion guys ? thank you.

Last edited by Mishrap : 30th January 2021 at 22:50.
Old 1st February 2021, 09:17   #5898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Check the rubber seal around the fuel filler area. When the rubber is degraded, the car goes into a limp home mode (not revving beyond 2000/2500 rpm in any gear), because it feels there is air in the fuel tank. Sometimes the check engine light comes on as well. Replacing that rubber ring/seal will solve this issue.

Thanks, apachelongbow for the suggestion. I plan to get this checked sometime this week, will post an update later.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 12:11   #5899
Senior - BHPian

Tata Hexa gets Apple CarPlay via Infotainment System software update

Tata Hexa : Official Review-smartselect_20210201121017_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 18:03   #5900
BHPian

Good to know this. I am on Android Auto having software from 2020 March version. So this is newer.
Its good on Tatas part to keep existing models updated. I was just thinking would it make a good business case to develop and release additional packs feature upgrades etc for now not in sale models but which exist in decent numbers. Safari and Hexa can be clubbed together in this bucket I guess and those upgrades released. E.g. company provided tyre management for people facing issues with unavailability of 19 inchers. Exhaust upgrades, electricals, ICE etc which is mostly sold by after market guys.

Last edited by busydrive : 1st February 2021 at 18:06. Reason: Fixed type
busydrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 07:36   #5901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishrap View Post
Dear all, I was driving hexa (xma) today. I was at stop signal. On Green light I started to drive, after few seconds there was continuous beeping sound but there was no warning lights on dashboard. I was all confused & pulled to left side of the road & switched off the car, pulled the key out. Then put the key back, started the car and drove few meters. Immediately the continuous beeping sound started again. Then I stopped again then put car in reverse drove for 2-3 meters backwards, then the beeping stopped and it was all normal as before. Not sure what happened suddenly.
Any help/suggestion guys ? thank you.

Unfortunately have not heard of such an issue. To be honest this cannot just be a simple failure of an electronic component. My suggestion would be to get this checked at TASS. Now it would not matter that the car is running fine now because if they connect the laptop to the car, they can check previous error code. Do get it checked and diagnosed properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Thanks padmrajravi for the response.

It happens both in N and while driving. The climb after 2.5k is so slow and by this time, there is so much engine noise, that my neighbours now call this a truck.

Unfortunately this is the second TASS i got car checked and I havent heard good things on third TASS from my cousins who own other Tata cars. Anyways, I will still give a try, lets see if something comes up.
So as others have suggested this looks to be the case with the car entering limp mode or the Turbo is malfunctioning. This has to be checked at TASS. Now to your question on which TASS to visit, there are the below that you can try out:
1. KHT Mahadevpura - Praveen SA, He is knowledgeable and there is a senior technical guy (forgot the name, they call him Maghi) in the centre who has good knowledge of Hexa.
2. Adishakti Hebbal - Again here as well there are a few guys who are knowledgeable
If you need references, please DM me.

Do keep us posted on what was the reason.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 2nd February 2021 at 07:38. Reason: editing the name of the SA
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 17:54   #5902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post

So as others have suggested this looks to be the case with the car entering limp mode or the Turbo is malfunctioning. This has to be checked at TASS. Now to your question on which TASS to visit, there are the below that you can try out:
1. KHT Mahadevpura - Praveen SA, He is knowledgeable and there is a senior technical guy (forgot the name, they call him Maghi) in the centre who has good knowledge of Hexa.
2. Adishakti Hebbal - Again here as well there are a few guys who are knowledgeable
If you need references, please DM me.

Do keep us posted on what was the reason.
Thanks swarnava.ch.
I forgot to mention in earlier posts that car is leased from wife's company. As such we do not have any control on services as these are coordinated from leasing co and car is taken to their authorised TASS. With these issues, wife escalated the matter and they agreed to get serviced at different TASS. First Concorde, then KHT and recently Key motors. We will try to get hold of your reference and may be get checked personally than through leasing co.

Will keep posted.
Old 3rd February 2021, 21:43   #5903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Hexa gets Apple CarPlay via Infotainment System software update

Attachment 2116417

Source
Respect to TATA for doing this. Great example on how to take care of your customers and how not to use android auto or the lack of it for further looting your customer.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 21:09   #5904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Respect to TATA for doing this. Great example on how to take care of your customers and how not to use android auto or the lack of it for further looting your customer.
Actually not. Let me explain the background. When launched in 2019, the new ICE with the updated model already promised availability of Android Auto and Apple car play. Now Android Auto was available from the first day itself but not Apple Car play. It was promised with an upgrade later. So now calculate how quickly the Promised upgrade happened

However to be fair to TML, this delayed update for the ICE would have come from Harman who are the vendors for the ICE system and secondly, it would have been very easy for them to finally forget about this small issue now that Hexa is not a priority but they still pushed this.

Also just a small point, this is not new, rather it was first reported by me in my own ownership blog here (Life with our Blue Hippo, our Tata Hexa XT 4x2).

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 4th February 2021 at 21:10. Reason: small correction
swarnava.ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 23:45   #5905
BHPian

An update on my Hexa XT 4x4, bought in Jan 19.

The Hexa has continued to run flawlessly, although the running has been on the lower side, with the odo being at 15k presently. Hope to make amends on this front, with COVID rules being relaxed now, and hopefully some good long drives in the near future.

The hexa had got left parked in a non shaded area for about 2 months during the lock down, when I had to leave my station for some urgent requirements. The harsh summer sun took its toll, resulting in some oxidation marks on the paint, in addition to the significant swirl marks added by the car wash guy.

I had initially thought of getting the car detailed through 3M, but then made the mistake of browsing through the TBHP detailing thread. As expected, the detailing bug bit me hard, and I ended up buying a Shine mate DA Polisher (Ex 605, 5/12), and other stuff like detailing bar, medium cut compound (Wavex) and finishing polish (Meguirs). Put these to use over this weekend, and have been extremely satisfied with the results. The Hexa is back to its original looks, with the paint shining as good as new.

Here are a few pics of the results.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20210220_133257.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20210220_133426.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20210220_133514.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20210220_174900.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20210220_174930.jpg

Also, changed the stock 5" Harman system with a 9", 4/64 GB Woodman android head unit around 3 months back. The head unit fits perfectly, touch response and overall speed are excellent, and the sound output is also better than the stock system. Very happy with the product.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-screenshot_20210221232211_video-player.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-screenshot_20210221232035_video-player.jpg
nvldvr is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 16:10   #5906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexamaniac View Post
Hi , curious to know if you managed to get that Sub woofer installed in the slot provided. I drive a XM+ too and looking for recommendations , thanks in advance!
Hi, sorry I could not check my Inbox since few months now, got busy with family issues. No, I havent installed the sub-woofer in the provided slot. I enquired in many accessories shops, but they do not have a sub-woofer of that size. So dropped the idea. Currently I have kept only the stock ICE. No sub-woofer at all..
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 19:59   #5907
BHPian

On a long drive, somewhere in Odisha today.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20210301wa0012.jpg  

nvldvr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:39   #5908
BHPian

Mileage as per MID, over a long drive through Odisha.

Speeds maintained through out were around 80-100. AC on 100% of the time.

The road conditions were not so good. Most of the Kolkata Chennai NH between Vizag and Bhubaneshwar is in a bad state, with construction in progress in around 80% of the stretch, and many resultant crowded diversions.

The tank top method mileage obtained was around 2kmpl less than the HID figures.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20210302wa0022.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20210302wa0023.jpg  

nvldvr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 07:49   #5909
BHPian

Hello everyone.

Sorry to bump up this thread, but thought it might be the right place to ask this question: Has Tata put an end to the Hexa, or is a BS6 version on its way?

I was looking at the Hexa as my next car, but now wonder if that's a chapter that's closed?
Old 13th March 2021, 09:23   #5910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
Hello everyone.

Sorry to bump up this thread, but thought it might be the right place to ask this question: Has Tata put an end to the Hexa, or is a BS6 version on its way?

I was looking at the Hexa as my next car, but now wonder if that's a chapter that's closed?

They seem to have put Hexa on the back burner for now.

Given the dismal sales of the Hexa and the fact that the new Safari is raking in good numbers doesn't help reviving the Hexa either.

Looks like TATA has bid adieu to the capable MPV.
KA18 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks