Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2021, 10:01   #5941
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
As per Tata Hexa owners manual it's filled for life time, go with manufacturer's recommendation. ATF not only lubricates the planetary gear set but also acts as the oxygen for the AT brain- the valve body, better not to mess with it unless it's having any trouble. Happy motoring with your beast.
I agree with the fact that the Tata Hexa owners manual mentions that the GB is filled for life time.

However, if we go by the examples of VW changing ATF for vehicles where the same was mentioned on the manual or even Hyundai TC AT GB requiring replacement at 1.15L kms per different threads on the forum, I am just extrapolating the need for ATF replacement for TCs in general.

Globally, the same 6L50 TC AT GB is used in many vehicles and all of them do not come with this Filled for Life Time recommendation.

I would like to understand if any high mileage Hexa AT owner has faced any issues with the TC AT GB and if yes, what was the issue and how was it resolved.

BTW, there is no doubt, the Hexa is in a league of its own when it comes to build, ride comfort and many such factors. I can say this since I have extensively experienced the Aria (2 in the extended family), the XUV500, Crysta as well.
MS_Auto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 22:22   #5942
BHPian

Few damages seems to be cropping in my Hexa. The engine guard is broken partly and the rubber pipe attached to windshield water reservoir has fallen off from its place due to which water can not be stored in it. Don’t know the exact reason but the plastic engine guard might somehow developed cracks and eventually part of it got broken. I don't remember any hitting underneath the engine. Thinking to replace it once service centers open here in Mumbai after lockdown.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20210508_212036.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20210508182636.jpg
sandeepsc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 11:10   #5943
BHPian

Just a thought, the Winger BS6 variant is currently available and uses a de-tuned version of the 2.2L DICOR engine. So from an engineering POV is it safe to assume that the higher-spec version for the Hexa should also be ready? lf it is, with the current goodwill that brand is enjoying, this reintroduction might actually be a low investment exercise to actually test out? Not sure as the model will carry the baggage of a not so successful product - enthusiast community's sentiments notwithstanding, but from what I understood, when it was previously launched, TML didn't enjoy the kind of confidence it does now - in the 10L+ segment, so you never know. Sorry just thinking out aloud...
Old 17th May 2021, 11:06   #5944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
Just a thought, the Winger BS6 variant is currently available and uses a de-tuned version of the 2.2L DICOR engine. So from an engineering POV is it safe to assume that the higher-spec version for the Hexa should also be ready? lf it is, with the current goodwill that brand is enjoying, this reintroduction might actually be a low investment exercise to actually test out? Not sure as the model will carry the baggage of a not so successful product - enthusiast community's sentiments notwithstanding, but from what I understood, when it was previously launched, TML didn't enjoy the kind of confidence it does now - in the 10L+ segment, so you never know. Sorry just thinking out aloud...
I don't think TML will relaunch the hexa (shame really). But think of it this way, if they launch a spacious 7 seater that is a proper old school ladder on frame, RWD, extremely spacious, has the best ride quality in its segment and 2 above it, and also has AWD capability, it might just end up hurting TML by cannibalizing sales of the harrier and safari. That prospect alone means that this erstwhile TML flagship will not be revived again
AdiSolEn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 17:44   #5945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSolEn View Post
I don't think TML will relaunch the hexa (shame really). But think of it this way, if they launch a spacious 7 seater that is a proper old school ladder on frame, RWD, extremely spacious, has the best ride quality in its segment and 2 above it, and also has AWD capability, it might just end up hurting TML by cannibalizing sales of the harrier and safari. That prospect alone means that this erstwhile TML flagship will not be revived again

While that is a fair point, the Safari badge and it's current goodwill might carry it. But on the other hand if they can keep all sales within the TML brand it could be a win win for them.
Old 17th May 2021, 20:15   #5946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Don’t know the exact reason but the plastic engine guard might somehow developed cracks and eventually part of it got broken. I don't remember any hitting underneath the engine.
As per the pics which you have shared, seems like you have driven the car on wet roads or rain. This is a common issue on the Safari Storme too. When driven on highway speeds if you hit a puddle with water the splashing water breaks these engine / GB plastic guards. Its recommended to get them replaced with metal ones as these are priced high for what it offers..
varun560061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 20:34   #5947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
The Hexa comes with just plastic underbody protection as factory fit. However, some of the owners have got custom made metal underbody protection plate fitted. Weighs around 10 kgs or so. But will do the job nice and proper
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Few damages seems to be cropping in my Hexa. The engine guard is broken partly Thinking to replace it once service centers open here in Mumbai after lockdown.

Attachment 2153680

Attachment 2153681

You can think of replacing the stock plastic engine guard, which is pretty useless actually, with this metal guard (Please refer post # 4831). The manufacturer ships the guard to places outside NCR as well.

Contact details - 9871154446
Rohit Sangwan
RS Customs
nvldvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 23:04   #5948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun560061 View Post
As per the pics which you have shared, seems like you have driven the car on wet roads or rain.
I think your observation might be right here. I have came to the instances where I have driven it on wet road with deep water splashing all over. Just today because of Cyclone Tauktae I had to drive it through water logged area near Gandhi Market at Sion which is quite infamous for flooding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
You can think of replacing the stock plastic engine guard, which is pretty useless actually, with this metal guard (Please refer post # 4831). The manufacturer ships the guard to places outside NCR as well.
Thank you nvldvr for suggesting the right replacement for this plastic engine/GB cover. Read your post and think it will be quite useful. Can you please share your experience how it is holding up till date and its pricing. I will definitely call the manufacturer and if any help needed I will PM you.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th May 2021 at 06:37. Reason: Grammar.
Old 23rd May 2021, 22:29   #5949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSolEn View Post
I don't think TML will relaunch the hexa (shame really).
I too am not hopeful of Tata relaunching the Hexa. If launched today, the erstwhile top end XT 4x4 should cost around INR 25-26L if Tata intends to turn a profit which places it well over the Tata Safari and when comparing the two products, IMHO few will choose the Hexa over the Safari owing to its looks and SUV stance and modern touches.
I believe Tata did plan on relaunching the BS6 Hexa with the Safari Edition badge but dropped it altogether and decided to christen the Gravitas as the Safari, a wise move if you ask me. The "Safari Edition" badge wouldn't produce the intended results as the Gravitas to Safari naming is doing.
nathanjdias is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 08:30   #5950
BHPian

The big blunder that Tata made with the Hexa was sticking to the MUV shape, especially the sloping front bonnet. Had they made a minimal sheet metal change and kept a higher, square bonnet, the Hexa would look like the older Endeavour and sales would have been much much higher.
I don't know which old coot in TML has this MUV/Innova fetish, but he is solely responsible for flop of a great product.
AirbusCapt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 11:52   #5951
BHPian

Just saw this on Car Dekho! Is the Hexa launch imminent or is it just that the site is not updated?

To make sure I googled Hexa launch and came across the Tata Motors Hexa page: https://cars.tatamotors.com/suv/hexa

This is not accessible via the Tata Motors home page. Probably the old website which has not yet been disabled, but sure gave me a glimmer of hope.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-a5b33fb9586740b3b2ffb65dc2dbf686.jpeg  

Old 10th June 2021, 12:17   #5952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjdias View Post
I believe Tata did plan on relaunching the BS6 Hexa with the Safari Edition badge but dropped it altogether and decided to christen the Gravitas as the Safari, a wise move if you ask me. The "Safari Edition" badge wouldn't produce the intended results as the Gravitas to Safari naming is doing.
There are a few taxi/cab TATA Hexa parked at the backside of the Taj, Mumbai (India Gate area). I find them quite elegant and its ride quality was simply unmatched anyway. Perhaps what TATA should experiment is to launch the Hexa again in BS6 avatar using same quality of materials but in just one or two low cost variants. They can have a 6 seater and a 7 seater variant with those comfortable leather seats, auto AC, power windows, a touchscreen, rear sensors AND camera. No need for ambient lighting, LED headlamps, DRL, sub woofer or Harman speakers or any such gimmick. Aim this at the taxi segment with a reasonable price tag and I am sure it will be successful.
Old 10th June 2021, 13:17   #5953
BHPian

They should rework on the hexa and make it a proper MUV (just so safari isn't affected) and lose some weight. This way, they would pit it against the Innova and it will see reasonable success.
Old 10th June 2021, 13:26   #5954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Aim this at the taxi segment with a reasonable price tag and I am sure it will be successful.
Cabbies were done with Tata after they added an ECU to their diesel engines, Dicor, CR4 etc. Hexa is incredibly heavy in comparison to an Innova, that will increase their running cost as well.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 17:25   #5955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Looks like Hexa is still on the cards? Or am I reading this wrong?

Any concrete updates on this? Neither they have declared that Hexa is discontinued nor they have taken it down from their website. But at the same time no news on BS6 launch

Most Viewed