Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2017, 16:11   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Can anyone share interior pics of Ignis Sigma Variant.
Here they are,

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-16649250_1644621665554611_6873374075194878708_n768x576.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-16640611_1644621655554612_7551582173677007473_n768x432.jpg

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-16603057_1644621632221281_4434492585487597247_n768x432.jpg

Since this is the base version, they look basic. Just like Baleno. If you are thinking of buying one, get a Delta Instead.
CarguyNish is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 17:08   #182
Senior - BHPian

Following are some points to ponder for those looking for the Sigma variant -

1) Any externally fitted audio can void warranty as per Nexa dealers claim.
2) Based on point 1, Nexa suggests touchscreen headunits only which costs anywhere from 15k-45k depending on the headunit. A major drawback since Nexa does not stock the basic audio only headunits unlike other Maruti dealers. However, many Nexa dealers are not stocking the entry level touch screen headunits. Thus, you would be forced to buy anything upwards of 20k.
3) Sigma is not equipped with security/remote locking system. Nexa charges a whopping 9k-10k for fitting the above.
4) A pair of speakers of Hertz costs Rs.5.5k. They do not stock any other brand.

Total: 20k(head unit) + 5.5k(2 speakers)+Central locking(10k) = ~35k.
The difference in Delta & Sigma variants is ~65-70k.
Sigma also lacks an adjustable rear headrest, tachometer and many other trivial but useful features.

Conclusion: For those even with the tightest of their budgets, I would suggest an upgrade to delta versions. It is worth it.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 12th June 2017 at 17:09.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 09:14   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post

2) Based on point 1, Nexa suggests touchscreen headunits only which costs anywhere from 15k-45k depending on the headunit. A major drawback since Nexa does not stock the basic audio only headunits unlike other Maruti dealers. However, many Nexa dealers are not stocking the entry level touch screen headunits. Thus, you would be forced to buy anything upwards of 20k.
3) Sigma is not equipped with security/remote locking system. Nexa charges a whopping 9k-10k for fitting the above.
4) A pair of speakers of Hertz costs Rs.5.5k. They do not stock any other brand.

Sigma also lacks an adjustable rear headrest, tachometer and many other trivial but useful features.

Conclusion: For those even with the tightest of their budgets, I would suggest an upgrade to delta versions. It is worth it.
I have found Maruti more willing than most other car makers who turn a blind eye to mods like tyres, ICE etc as long as one is careful not to tamper with wires, suspension and crazy tyre and wheel upgrades. What Nexa is saying is here is standard dealer rhetoric and should not be a problem as long as one is careful.
Old 13th June 2017, 15:05   #184
BHPian

Quote:

The traditional loophole for this issue was to get your accessories from a shop and have them fitted at the Maruti authorised (in this case it may be an NEXA) workshop.

Try to catch the service head and try to strike a deal with him.
Old 13th June 2017, 22:29   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Here they are,

Attachment 1647572

Attachment 1647573

Attachment 1647574

Since this is the base version, they look basic. Just like Baleno. If you are thinking of buying one, get a Delta Instead.
Thanks for the Images. I am still confused with Sigma and Delta variant. Is The sigma having MID diSplay (DTE, AFE)?

Quote:

I agree with the above points. I have been quoted 14.5k for Sony XAV 65 without Bluetooth + 5K for four speakers and installation charges extra + 5k for Reverse Camera. Let me re evaluate the models. Which color suits Ignis?
Old 14th June 2017, 00:30   #186
BANNED

Quote:
One Ignis Zeta owner has swapped the Button HU with this Sony Touchscreen HU (XAV-AX100). Price - 29k.

Attachment 1646690

Comes with Android Auto Support & also has Reverse Camera. But misses out on Navigation.

Installation was easy with end to end sockets. It also supports Stock Audio Controls on Steering Wheel.
It's the perfect replacement HU since it has both Carplay and Android Auto. I wouldn't use inbuilt nav anyway if i have Android auto and Google maps. And also the Bluetooth and reverse cam . Best option for AMT buyers IMO
Does Nexa finally have the 2 din faceplate now?

And also this is an interesting HU since the internals are only 1 din size but the screen is full 2 din
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 13:08   #187
BHPian

Quote:
One Ignis Zeta owner has swapped the Button HU with this Sony Touchscreen HU (XAV-AX100). Price - 29k.

Comes with Android Auto Support & also has Reverse Camera. But misses out on Navigation.

Installation was easy with end to end sockets. It also supports Stock Audio Controls on Steering Wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
It's the perfect replacement HU since it has both Carplay and Android Auto. I wouldn't use inbuilt nav anyway if i have Android auto and Google maps. And also the Bluetooth and reverse cam . Best option for AMT buyers IMO
Does Nexa finally have the 2 din faceplate now?

And also this is an interesting HU since the internals are only 1 din size but the screen is full 2 din
Hi, does anyone know if the Maruti wiring harness that comes with this HU when purchased at Nexa is available as a MGA separately? I am looking to pick this HU from the United States for my yet to be delivered Baleno, so was wondering if the wiring harness could be bought separately at an MGA outlet.
Old 17th June 2017, 13:21   #188
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
Hi, does anyone know if the Maruti wiring harness that comes with this HU when purchased at Nexa is available as a MGA separately? I am looking to pick this HU from the United States for my yet to be delivered Baleno, so was wondering if the wiring harness could be bought separately at an MGA outlet.
I wouldn't recommend to get it from there since you won't get warranty in India and the price difference isn't much, it's about 450-500 Usd there. You can find it in shops here at about 25k(mrp is 27k). And since Nexa is including a reverse cam too, it would be better to get it done there itself.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 13:31   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I wouldn't recommend to get it from there since you won't get warranty in India and the price difference isn't much, it's about 450-500 Usd there. You can find it in shops here at about 25k(mrp is 27k). And since Nexa is including a reverse cam too, it would be better to get it done there itself.
Thanks. If I buy online at Amazon or Flipkart, will the wiring harness be included? If it's not, will I still be able to get one as an MGA at a Maruti accessory shop? The folks at OMR NEXA seem not so enthusiastic about selling this HU or any other good accessory. They are keen on selling only the Nexa standard accessories.

One more query, if I do opt to buy this HU at Nexa, will they do a buy back on the factory fitted HU?

Last edited by y2ksrs : 17th June 2017 at 13:33. Reason: Edit
Old 20th June 2017, 12:10   #190

We had initially booked a Grey Delta petrol MT on March 18th, with estimated delivery time of 8-10 weeks. Around 4th May, we were told that the car will most probably arrive in June. Five days before that car arrived, we casually told the SA that we also fancied the Zeta variant when he told us that a white petrol MT was in stock. Did our own PDI smoothly (only forgot to check tyre pressures at the time) and we were satisfied, so went ahead with it.

Bought from : NEXA Porvorim (North Goa)
Ex-showroom price : Rs 5.76 lakhs
RTO : Rs 54k
Insurance (Zero depreciation) : Rs 20800 from Maruti Insurance
Anti-rust and teflon : Rs 10k
Extended warranty : Rs 8.5k
NEXA card : Rs 1.1k
2 cushions : Rs 2k
Total : Rs 6.73 lakhs

1. Sales experience was great, with some 10.5k worth of accessories provided for free (excluding a pair of cushions for which we paid 2k), since the car had initially been ordered by someone else who apparently wasn't available to take delivery.
Accesories we got for free:
Floor lamination
Floor mats
Dicky mat
Tyre inflator
Leather steering wheel wrapping
Car cover

2. Had some 7 litres in the tank at the time of delivery.

3. AC seems effective enough, although monsoons aren't the best weather to judge that.

4. Sound quality from the system is decent, although not amazing. Bass is strong, mids are okay but the highs seem blown up somewhat.

5. Ride quality was terrible and I immediately suspected that the tyres might be overinflated and I was right. Rear tyres had been inflated to 40 PSI (vs 32 recommended) and front ones to 41 PSI (vs 36 recommended). Haven't driven the car yet after deflating them, but I expect a big improvement given most people's opinions about its ride quality.

6. Build quality seems satisfactory enough, if not rock solid.

7. It's only done 84 km (including around 20 that were there on the odo just before delivery) yet, so can't rely on the fuel economy readout.
kpower11 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 15:02   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpower11 View Post
Accesories we got for free:
Floor lamination
My RM said Maruti started discouraging Floor Lamination recently (he was unaware of the reason) and they cannot do floor lamination at the dealership now.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 15:34   #192
Senior - BHPian

I have booked for the 1st Service of my Ignis Delta (P) AMT for this coming Monday from Pratham Motors @ Bangalore. They offered a Mobile Service at Home and I have taken that option. Is the First Service only a wash? I have done about 750 kms and do not have any specific complaints as such.
Old 2nd July 2017, 09:27   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I have booked for the 1st Service of my Ignis Delta (P) AMT for this coming Monday from Pratham Motors @ Bangalore. They offered a Mobile Service at Home and I have taken that option. Is the First Service only a wash? I have done about 750 kms and do not have any specific complaints as such.
Our SA also mentioned that engine waxing will be done (to prevent rust in the engine block), although I am not sure why that wasn't done during the anti-rust procedure itself before delivery.
kpower11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 09:47   #194
Senior - BHPian

Engine waxing is a paid value added service. I doubt it does anything to protect your engine. Ask him if the manufacturer has given them directions to do this? Usually these items are done only at the request of the customer as they are entirely unnecessary, and the only value they add is to the profit of the service center
greenhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 23:10   #195
Senior - BHPian

I have noticed that in the Ignis AMT, the gear shifts occur only at 2000 rpm and not below that. Once the gear has shifted you can cruise at a lower rpm though. Is there a possibility that this can be tuned/reconfigured so that the gear shifts occur at 1500 rpm rather than the higher 2000 rpm? Has anyone attempted such a thing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks