Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2023, 22:41   #451

retrofit a toyota yaris CVT with cruise control?

BHPians,
I drive a 2020 Toyota yaris G CVT, and despite its minor short comings love the car and the comfort it offers especially while driving in the city, not to mention the toyota reliability.
I have recently come across some videos on youtube with some guys in Pakistan(it is sold under name Ativ) retrofit lower model yaris with cruise control. Has someone done this in India? If yes, please be kind enough to share the process to get this accomplished.

Thanks
michealangelo49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 10:56   #452
Senior - BHPian

One of my close family member is considering the Toyota Yaris VX CVT 2020 Feb registered used car as one of the possible options. A couple of questions.

1. Is 185/65 R15 tyres tested by anyone here on the Yaris stock alloys? If so could you share the feedback?

2. I've seen discussions around not having Android auto on older versions of Yaris here. Does any version of Yaris sold in India come with Android auto. If so, from which year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Congratulations once again. I hope you meant 30th March.

In my Yaris "V" Variant, the rear interior lamps can be switched off. The switches are part of the light console. The way I have set it is to have it ON when car is unlocked and have it OFF when car is locked.

A sample picture of rear light console is shown for reference
Attachment 1865796
Where do you change this setting. We were inspecting a Yaris VX used car and couldn't turn it off while the car was unlocked.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th June 2023 at 12:03.
Old 11th June 2023, 21:00   #453
BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Sorry for bumping an old thread.
Does it make sense for buying 2020 model Yaris top end CVT now? 9.5 l on road in Bangalore. About 18km odo.
What are the pros and cons?
Will parts/resale be an Issue in future? Planning to keep for 3-4 years.

Bit of history:

Going to replace my 6 year old manual Baleno. Wanted a safe and smooth automatic. Planned for Slavia earlier, but dropped due to budget constraints.

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th June 2023 at 21:21.
Old 17th June 2023, 19:12   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Seems ingenious. But I would be worried about it staying put in case of emergency, as its only contact with the car is a piece of Velcro.
Happy to inform that the handrest has been staying as it was intended to, except the velcro needs to be repositioned as the foam tends to get deformed with pressure and the assembly gets a bit loose. I shift the velcro at different positions and the foam regains its shape in a few days. I do this one in 3-4 months. Never has it got loose enough to get separated from the base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
Sorry for bumping an old thread.
Does it make sense for buying 2020 model Yaris top end CVT now? 9.5 l on road in Bangalore. About 18km odo.
What are the pros and cons?
Will parts/resale be an Issue in future? Planning to keep for 3-4 years.

Bit of history:

Going to replace my 6 year old manual Baleno. Wanted a safe and smooth automatic. Planned for Slavia earlier, but dropped due to budget constraints.
Try to get for 8.5L after checking history etc. Resale will be poor than comparable Honda City but then Honda City will be costlier to buy also. Yaris is a very successful model in the Middle East with the same engine and gearbox. Dont think there should be any issues even if you keep it longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
One of my close family member is considering the Toyota Yaris VX CVT 2020 Feb registered used car as one of the possible options. A couple of questions.

Where do you change this setting. We were inspecting a Yaris VX used car and couldn't turn it off while the car was unlocked.

I can't switch off the back interior lights in my VX, I removed its bulb when I bought it. I don't like my lights to come on every time the door opens.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th June 2023 at 21:29. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 5th July 2023, 22:35   #455
BHPian

Completed 1 year and 10000 km on my pre-owned Yaris. No issues so far. Routine replacement of Brake Pads and two tyres (in the hindsight I should have negotiated for this with the dealer) and Battery replaced due to my car cleaner leaving the boot open which drained the battery.

The car has its shortcomings when compared to my previous ride - the Ameo 1.5 TDi DSG. I miss the music system, torque, power, and lightning shifts. But! The Yaris has repaid every bit of faith I have put into it. Long drives, bad roads, traffic, nothing is an issue now. The car is very low on fatigue for both driver and passenger (as confirmed by family). And my back thanks the awesome leather seats, every time. Prime objective achieved.

Hoping for a trouble free ownership for years to come.

Last edited by theabstractmind : 5th July 2023 at 22:36.
theabstractmind is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 09:56   #456

My Yaris has been covering miles without many troubles. I have completed both the 40K and 50K services, and the service costs have been reasonable, around 7000. During regular highway trips, I usually log a fuel efficiency of around 16-20 kmpl.

However, there's an issue that has been bothering me since the purchase, and I'm seeking help from fellow owners or experts. The steering wheel does not return to the center position after a turn. While it sometimes returns slowly, it doesn't come back to the exact center position. This issue becomes particularly noticeable at lower speeds, especially on narrow roads with frequent turns where my speed is limited to 30 kmph or below.

I have raised this issue multiple times during servicing, but the response has consistently been that this is how the Yaris and Etios steering wheels operate. I even scheduled a separate appointment to address this specific issue, and I received the same response. The service advisor acknowledged that the steering wheel doesn't return to center. Their explanations were: firstly, it's typical for Yaris and Etios models not to return completely to center, and secondly, the tires are nearing 5 years of use and have covered 55000 kilometers. Despite having sufficient tread and no uneven wearing, the rubber might have hardened over time.

I am planning to change my tires soon, even though there are no alignment issues. However, I'm concerned that there might be another underlying cause for this steering issue. It's worth noting that my vehicle's extended warranty will expire in November 2023.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions on this matter. Thank you in advance.
wavingflag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 13:26   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavingflag View Post
My Yaris has been covering miles without many troubles. I have completed both the 40K and 50K services, and the service costs have been reasonable, around 7000. During regular highway trips, I usually log a fuel efficiency of around 16-20 kmpl.

However, there's an issue that has been bothering me since the purchase, and I'm seeking help from fellow owners or experts. The steering wheel does not return to the center position after a turn. While it sometimes returns slowly, it doesn't come back to the exact center position. This issue becomes particularly noticeable at lower speeds, especially on narrow roads with frequent turns where my speed is limited to 30 kmph or below.
I think the car is indeed designed that way. It does have a return to center action but not enough for those used to better steering setups, but better than some of the other cars. I have learnt to live with it as a typical steering with a good return action seem to be heavier based on my experience. A lighter but firm steering was one of the many reasons I ended up with the Yaris.

Good to see you clock very good FE. On my most recent trip from Udupi to Bangalore, I clocked 16.6 on the MID despite the uphill drive. AC was on about 70 percent of the journey, only me in the car. This despite using paddle shifters for overtaking which revs the engine higher. I was surely helped by low traffic. I am not complaining. The car has turned out to be a great buy.
theabstractmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 16:53   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
I think the car is indeed designed that way. It does have a return to center action but not enough for those used to better steering setups, but better than some of the other cars. .
Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that it's the default behavior and there's nothing much to worry about. I hope for some improvement when I replace my aging tires.
Old 30th August 2023, 23:08   #459
BHPian

I'll be considering a car purchase later this year in Bangalore. And I might look for a pre-owned Yaris. I felt that the car was never given a chance in India. It had impressive safety specs when it was launched and it is still competitive I feel from that aspect.
Tata makes safe cars now but they still miss on things such as middle headrest, 3 point seat belt. In fact most other cars are stuck at dual airbags (which is nice, but not enough).

Does it make sense to get a pre-owned Yaris? What would be the best avenue for this? Cars 24 and Spinny have them listed, but should I also look into local dealerships?
Also, is there a reliable way to check a cars service history - in case the seller can't provide documentation (I think they won't be able to given Cars 24 / Spinny never asked me for the receipts and service records when buying the car).
crodjer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 00:06   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
What would be the best avenue for this? Cars 24 and Spinny have them listed, but should I also look into local dealerships?
Around same time last year I was considering buying a pre-owned Yaris. I was regularly browsing the Toyota U Trust website then. Please check here: https://www.toyotautrust.in/used-cars/bangalore

Toyota has a direct used car showroom at Kengeri and they do have few in stock (might be those provided to Toyota company executives). In my case, I was not happy with the prices on offer for a discontinued model and hence dropped the plan then.
beez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 00:07   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
Around same time last year I was considering buying a pre-owned Yaris. I was regularly browsing the Toyota U Trust website then. Please check here: https://www.toyotautrust.in/used-cars/bangalore

Toyota has a direct used car showroom at Kengeri and they do have few in stock (might be those provided to Toyota company executives). In my case, I was not happy with the prices on offer for a discontinued model and hence dropped the plan then.
Got it. Thanks! I'll also check this out when I go to Bangalore.
Old 31st August 2023, 03:29   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post
I'll be considering a car purchase later this year in Bangalore. And I might look for a pre-owned Yaris.

Also, is there a reliable way to check a car's service history - in case the seller can't provide documentation (I think they won't be able to give Cars 24 / Spinny never asked me for the receipts and service records when buying the car)?
Yaris is an excellent vehicle, and in top VX trim it's worth every penny as pre-owned due to lower resale value. You could easily save a few bucks by buying Yaris. Try to get one in warranty. Toyota had 5 yrs warranty available when I got mine in 2019. I think Toyota has a vehicle inspection option at their service on a paid basis. Avail that before you buy. Best of luck hunting.
drsnt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks