Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2018, 17:03   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohan78 View Post
Hi, The tracker that I am seeing in your screenshot , is it a screen grab from your gmail inbox or a Ford Portal where you can see the progress of the order just like a shopping cart ?
It's a screen grab from Gmail.
EVEN I wish I would be able to see my car in real time. It would feel like an Amazon package comes tantalizingly close to delivery
frankmehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 17:50   #77
BHPian

Dear Sir(s)

I have now booked for a Figo Aspire Diesel Titanium Silver model. There are niggling issues with Ford dealer which I hope to iron out as soon as possible.

Insurance

1. Removed the Engine protection add on and RTI
2. Asked him to remove zero depreciation but was forced not to remove with lot of pleading. Might be their commission target. Will allow this add on for 1st year and then drop it. Had to do this favor.
3. Added Personal Accident to unnamed passengers. 5 passengers for 5 lakhs of accident insurance.

Road Tax and Car registration

1. As usual, they have refrained from giving a detailed breakup of Rs. 50295 against Road Tax and Registration at the time of booking.
2. In West Bengal Kolkata Kasba RTO, I know the Motor Vehicle Tax for this car will be Rs. 42295. So a clear case where Rs.8000 will be unaccounted for.
3. Some of it will be towards Car Registration Rs. 600, Smart Card Rs. 200, Fast tag Rs. 600, Rs. 20 inspection fee.
4. Still a huge gap
5. The dealer is not divulging details
6. I have a hunch that he will load the Temporary Registration charges on me. Already opened a thread on this matter vide link below

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4517119 (Can dealers charge for temporary registration?)

7. The rest they will not invoice and tell that it was a bribe to the RTO and their agents but in reality it will go in their pockets. Do not know how will I fight this one but hate such kind of fooling with customers.

Accessories planned

Dealer agreed to provide in the prices as present in Ford website. There was a lot of confabulation since their prices had a mark-up of around Rs. 500 on top of Ford prices. They said that their prices comprises of "fitting charge" as well and hence the mark-up. I clearly mentioned that I am ready to Ford prices or else the deal is off. After that the prices were agreed at Ford scheduled price.

1. Illuminated Scuff Plate - Rs. 3980 (wanted steel plates but Ford has not released those steel plates yet)
2. Chrome Exterior Pack (details as per brochure) - Rs. 6106
3. Anti-Theft Nuts - Rs. 2904
4. Engine Under shield - Rs. 4420
5. Essential Car Kit - Rs. 3323

Breakup of Essential Car Kit (Serial No. 5) is as follows
A. 2 nos. of Front Side Mud Flap - Rs. 356
B. 2 nos. of Rear Side Mud Flap - Rs. 452
C. Trunk Mat - Rs. 874
D. Carpet Floor Mat - Rs. 1641

Thanks to blackwasp in rendering this review which made a profound impact on my decision making.

Thanks to NaXal on his contributions on this thread.

I will be honest. Been a Maruti user for 10 years. In fact Maruti salesman showed me the Ford India Facebook page where all sorts of Horror stories on their After Sales Service are written and really spooked me badly. But this post and the contributors made a profound impact not to get swayed by a sales pitch and make decisions in an objective manner.

Regards
Anish

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
It's a screen grab from Gmail.
EVEN I wish I would be able to see my car in real time. It would feel like an Amazon package comes tantalizingly close to delivery
Need to thank you too for some of your posts. A detailed post on booking of Ford Aspire in under moderation. Hope you read it by the time you read this thread.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th December 2018 at 18:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
amohan78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 10:40   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohan78
I have now booked for a Figo Aspire Diesel Titanium Silver model
Congratulations. I have the same colour, same model but the previous generation.

Quote:
There are niggling issues with Ford dealer which I hope to iron out as soon as possible
Regarding the price related issues, I don't think it's wise to bargain on point to point basis. Some how it doesn't work out for me. Like for example, dealership always ask me to do self registration when I try to argue about the difference of registration charges and actual bills for them. Same with insurance.

For me bargaining on total price helps a lot. I do a rough calculation about the difference and see what should be the total on road cost. Then I fix up my mind on a certain price point and start bargaining about the actual take home. Dealership always try mentioning about the little difference of EMI but I stick to my ground with my purchase power.

I have never purchased a car or bike with single option in mind. There are so many things to go wrong with the dealership so I always keep few options of different manufacturer. If one doesn't work out or I don't feel good about the experience, I can always walk out to a different manufacturer.

At the end, always try to bargain with a realistic price in mind. Always behave friendly and establish your purchase power. Their need to sale are more than our need to buy so if our demands are realistic, dealership do try to match it with utmost urgency.

I don't mind paying a few thousand extra on a dealership which allows me to follow team bhp PDI check list or gives me the VIN beforehand. Inspection at their yard for a freshly unloaded car is priceless for me. Cheery on top when they allow me to drive or at least accompany the driver till their ASC for PDI (ensuring no high revving / abusive driving within running in).

Quote:
will be honest. Been a Maruti user for 10 years. In fact Maruti salesman showed me the Ford India Facebook page where all sorts of Horror stories on their After Sales Service are written and really spooked me badly. But this post and the contributors made a profound impact not to get swayed by a sales pitch and make decisions in an objective manner
That Maruti salesman isn't wrong. There are horror stories out in the wild about Ford. But a quick glance at Maruti's social channels may show their horror stories too.

Ford Kolkata over all is really good. There are 3 dealership, Saini Ford, Ganges Ford and Kaikan Ford. They all have multiple service outlets each.

I hear Ganges at Topsia (China Town) is the oldest and highest rated. I have visited Kaikan (Birati) and Saini (Mukundopur, EM Bypass). I have positive experience in both. I am confident that no Ford owner here in Kolkata would be unhappy about their quality of work or honesty with pricing, diagnostic and job recommendation.

Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing, which dealership did you select?
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 12:48   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Congratulations. I have the same colour, same model but the previous generation.

Ford Kolkata over all is really good. There are 3 dealership, Saini Ford, Ganges Ford and Kaikan Ford. They all have multiple service outlets each.

I hear Ganges at Topsia (China Town) is the oldest and highest rated. I have visited Kaikan (Birati) and Saini (Mukundopur, EM Bypass). I have positive experience in both. I am confident that no Ford owner here in Kolkata would be unhappy about their quality of work or honesty with pricing, diagnostic and job recommendation.

Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing, which dealership did you select?
Extremely elated to see positive responses from Ford dealers and workshops in Kolkata.

I have no issues in sharing the dealer name of Kolkata from where I pursued my purchase. The dealer is Saini Ford in Sector V at Salt Lake Kolkata.

I have insisted on getting the VIN, decode the manufacturing date and do the PDI of the vehicle too. All of these things were complied. I never make full down payment if VIN and PDI of Vehicle is not done. The car had to be brought from the regional stockyard as it was not present in the dealer's stock. Hence the PDI was done at the showroom itself.

I had asked them to let me know when the car is being bought to RTO Kasba for "production" (a term which means that RTO Inspector will physically see the vehicle). But they did not and I am told that the Production is done. I would have been happy if they would have done the same.

The temporary registration will be loaded on my bill, I have kind of hunched that thing by this time.

The reason I avoided Ganges Ford is the test drive belt. They offer is the park circus connector and e m bypass. Given the traffic, I was not confident if I could put the car on real drive test (speed till 80 km/hr). So I went to Ganges Ford and made a good drive on the Rajarhat expressway till Aliah university, Ecospace and TCS Gitanjali Park.

Regards
Anish
amohan78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 13:28   #80
BHPian

Talk about coincidence, I too didn't like the waiting of Ganges about availability of their test drive car at my home. Kaikan was prompt enough to send the car to my home and I drove it at longer stretch of NH34 and Belghariya expressway for getting the feel of both bad roads and high-speed.

Then came the news of this new showroom of Saini Ford. They too sent their car at my place.

Saini Ford quote was good, so was their waiting period of few days compare to Kaikan with their 45 days.

Saini Ford shares their regional godown with their other branded dealership. Location is right exactly at the junction point of Kona Expressway and NH6. I did my (team bhp list) PDI there and accompanied the car till their ASC at Mukundopur for their PDI (washing, accessories fitment)

Yes they too slapped Temp charge on me, but as I said before, bargaining was with total take home price so I didn't mind on how the price was broken up. But I did take the delivery with temp reg and parked it at my place till they informed me the date for RTO production. Family driver took the car to RTO (few mins drive) for C.F. since I couldn't manage time out from work, and few days later I took it for number plate fitting.

Last edited by NaXal : 26th December 2018 at 13:29.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 13:59   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys.. Just got my vin no.
Car is in transit and this is what I see on ETIS.
  • Figo 2015- / KA+ 2016-, 1.5L SOHC DI TC I4 Diesel DV5, Smoke (Metallic)
  • * VIN Number: MAJZXXMTKZJR35853
  • Change selected Vehicle
  • Primary Features
  • Build Date: 27.10.2018
  • Vehicle Line: Figo 2015- / KA+ 2016-
  • Body Style: 4 Door Saloon
  • Version: Series 55
  • Engine: 1.5L SOHC DI TC I4 Diesel DV5
  • Transmission: 5 Spd Man Trans 5MX65 6D-1 Getrag
  • Drive: RHD FWD
  • Axle Ratio: 3.37
  • Emission: Bharat 4
  • Air Conditioning: Automatic Air Conditioning
  • Territory: (+)"IND"
  • Paint: Smoke (Metallic)
  • Interior Colour: Light Oak Interior
  • Interior Fabric: Lodha / Light Oak
  • Minor Features
  • Rear End Fascia - Level 2
  • Less Front Door Sill Protection
  • Tailgate Scuff Plate
  • Less Cargo Stowage Device
  • Accesry USB 2 Unit W/iPod Function
  • Less Interior Pack
  • Driver & Passenger Seat Map Pockets
  • Less Hill Launch Assist
  • Battery Monitor System
  • With Tailgate Lock
  • B/C Pillar Decal
  • (-) Version Packages
  • Gujarat India Assy Plant Build
  • Mex, Saf, Export, India Sales
  • Ford Corporate Badge
  • Less Marketing Flex Prep Pack
  • With Side Impact Package
  • Titanium Badge
  • Less Exterior Appearance Pack
  • Marketing Level 1
  • (-) SVP
  • Less Safety Packs
  • (+)"GEN RHD"
  • Exterior Paint - Solid
  • For Normal Temperature Zones
  • "US" Tailgate Badge
  • With English Language Label
  • Rear Decklid Applique
  • Less Fire Extinguisher Fixings
  • Less Fire Extinguisher
  • With First Aid Kit
  • Less Tyre Repair Service Kit
  • Package Tray - Fixed
  • Less Service Interval
  • Pwr Fr Window 1 Touch Up/Dwn-Driver
  • With Electric Rear Windows
  • With Tinted Glass All Round
  • Less Grille-Upper
  • With Laminated Windscreen
  • Less Heated Windsh/Wiper Park
  • Less Illum Power Window Switches
  • Less Heated Windscreen
  • With Heated Rear Window
  • Less Console Ashtray
  • With Wheel Arch Mouldings
  • With Standard Instrument Panel
  • With Integral Glove Box Lid
  • With Mini Overhead Console
  • With Full Floor Console
  • Int Environ Colour-Metallic Grey. With Carpet Floor Covering Level 2
  • Front Floor Mat-Driver Only
  • Less Rear Floor Mats
  • With Instrument Panel Stowage Box
  • With Full Headlining - Moulded
  • Drivers Visor Mir/Flap/Tick Pocket
  • Snvsr-Pass / Mirror And cover
  • With Door Map Pocket
  • With Level 2 Door Trim Panel
  • Less Front Roof Grab Handle
  • Less Rear Interior Assist Handle
  • Less Rear Coat Hook
  • With Load Floor Carpet
  • Less First Aid Retain Straps
  • With W/Triangle. Retainer Straps
  • With Load Compartment Side Trim
  • With Noise Insulation Pack
  • Interior Dash Insulator II
  • Hood Insulator High Series
  • Ins-Eng Dash Outer Dash Upper
  • Ins-Eng Dash Outer Dash Lower Hi
  • With Self Colour Grille #2
  • Grille - Lower Dark
  • With Masked Chrome Headlamp Molding Less Roof Rack
  • Less Exterior Body Mouldings
  • Less Exterior Rocker Panel Moulding
  • Less Tail Lamp Lense Applique
  • Automatic Dimming Rear View Mirror
  • Dual Ext Pwr Mirror-Power Fold Back
  • With Body Coloured Exterior Mirror
  • Blended Seat Trims No.4
  • Less Under Seat Stowage Facility
  • Less Drivers Seat Armrest
  • With Front 2 Way Headrest
  • With Manual Driver Seat Recliner
  • With Manual Passenger Seat Recliner
  • With Fixed Rear Seat
  • With 2 Way Adjustable Rear Headrest
  • With Rear Seat Centre Armrest
  • Less Rear Centre Headrest
  • Less Temp Control Driver Seat
  • Less Temp Control Passengers Seat
  • With Driver 4 Way Mnl.Seat Adjuster
  • With Pass 2 Way Manual Seat Adjust
  • With Front Tow Hooks
  • With Rear Tow Hooks
  • Less Trailer Towing Attachments
  • Less Trailer Coupling
  • Less Device Dock
  • Less Decal Option 1
  • Body Coloured Exterior Door Handle
  • With Soft Feel Gear Shift Knob
  • Soft Feel Gear Shift Boot
  • With Child Proof Safety Lock
  • With Remote Controlled Tailgate Release
  • Manual Gearshift
  • With Central Locking System
  • Keyfree System
  • With Keyless Start
  • 434 MHZ Door Lock Frequency
  • Less Fuel Filler Flap Lock
  • Less Rear Window Wiper/Washer
  • Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
  • Less Sun Roof
  • Less Body Tu-Tone Paint
  • Less U/Body Corrosion Protect
  • Less Fr Bumper Ped Foam Protection
  • Front Bumper Body Coloured Plastic
  • Rear Bumper Body Coloured Plastic
  • Less Bumper Energy Reinforcement
  • Front Bumper Lip
  • Air Curtain Restraint LH
  • Air Curtain Restraint RH
  • Less Inflatable Knee Bolster Driver
  • Beltminder-Driver + Passenger
  • With Static Front Seat Belt
  • With Centre Rear 3 Point Seat Belt
  • With Driver Air Bag
  • With Passenger Air Bag
  • With Side Air Bag - Drivers Side
  • With Side Air Bag - Passenger Side
  • Less Passenger Air Bag Deactivation
  • Less Isofix Hard Point Attach
  • Less Adjustable Frt.Seat Belt Mount
  • Less Tether Anchorage Restraint
  • Less Pelvic Pushers
  • With Steel Spare Wheel
  • Less Tyre Pressure Sensors
  • 6J x 15 #1 Alloy Wheel
  • 195/55 SR x 15 Tyres
  • With Wheel Hub Cap
  • Non Locking Lug Nuts
  • Market Road Condition - General
  • Standard Electric Starter Motor
  • One Touch Integral Start Software
  • Bharat 4
  • With Front Stabilizer Bar
  • Parking Brake Knob Chromed
  • With Front Disc-Brake/Rr Drum Brake
  • 4 Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System
  • Less Fuel Kit - FIA
  • Less Floor Mats-FIA
  • Less Skid Plates
  • With Pollen Filter
  • With Recirculating Heater
  • A/C Refrigerant-R134A
  • Less Fuel Water Separator
  • With Locking Fuel Cap
  • With Diesel Fuel Capability
  • Fuel Tnk Filler Nck-Low Carbon
  • With Electric Power Steering
  • With Tilting Only Steering Column
  • Electronic Locking Steering Column
  • Soft Feel Type Steering Wheel

It's so exciting to see what I'm actually going to get! Even the manufacturing date and the module data with their software versions is available.

Can't wait!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th December 2018 at 14:19. Reason: Fixed. Use [list] [/list] tags.
frankmehta is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 15:00   #82
BHPian

Quote:
[list][*]Figo 2015- / KA+ 2016-, 1.5L SOHC DI TC I4 Diesel DV5, Smoke (Metallic)
Hi

Can you give the website of ETIS ? In your case, you are seeing so many details but in my case, I am not seeing any of that !!!

Last edited by bblost : 26th December 2018 at 15:07. Reason: Reduced the size of quoted text. Replaced u with You. Please do not use SMS Lingo.
Old 28th December 2018, 19:03   #83
BHPian

Can anyone tell me if the Figo Aspire OVRMs fold automatically on its own when the ignition is switched off and the doors are locked after getting out ?
Old 28th December 2018, 19:34   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone tell me if the Figo Aspire OVRMs fold automatically on its own when the ignition is switched off and the doors are locked after getting out ?
No they don't.
In other news....
2018 Ford Aspire Facelift : Official Review-screenshot_2018_1228_192358.jpg
frankmehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 19:59   #85
BHPian

Quote:
[*]Figo 2015- / KA+ 2016-, 1.5L SOHC DI TC I4 Diesel DV5, Smoke (Metallic)[*]Build Date: 27.10.2018
Congratulations doctor.
Can you please explain the quoted points? Build date says 10/2018. Also the details mention figo 2015, KA 2016.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 20:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Can you give the website of ETIS ? In your case, you are seeing so many details but in my case, I am not seeing any of that !!!
One needs to create a login ID and password to access ETIS.
Once that is done, there's a lot of fun info to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Congratulations doctor.
Can you please explain the quoted points? Build date says 10/2018. Also the details mention figo 2015, KA 2016.

Regards
Nikhil
OCTOBER 2018 made
ETIS is worldwide and Ford has set nomenclature easy for their service and parts sharing etc.
The Figo/aspire were introduced in 2015
And the ka must have been launched in 2016.
frankmehta is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 23:39   #87
BHPian

How many airbags does the Ford Aspire Titanium variant come with. The driver and Driver-side co-passenger gets 1 airbag each.

What about the rear passengers ? do they get the airbags too > if yes, where are the airbags located in the rear seat ?
Old 31st December 2018, 01:23   #88
BHPian

Quote:
How many airbags does the Ford Aspire Titanium variant come with. The driver and Driver-side co-passenger gets 1 airbag each.

What about the rear passengers ? do they get the airbags too > if yes, where are the airbags located in the rear seat ?
Ford Aspire Titanium gets 2 Air Bags. One each for driver and front passenger. Driver side Air Bag is housed within steering wheel. If you may notice, the horn pad has the Air Bag information written. The front passenger Air Bag is housed just above the glove box. You may notice the outer lines of that along with Air Bag information written there too.

Rear Passengers don't get any Air Bag. Hope they are strapped in and front seats ahead of them may act as Air Bag and offer some protection when needed.

Titanium version doesn't come with any Air Bag inside any seats. Titanium Plus version comes with side curtain Air Bags. Couple of those are housed within front seats and they too come with clear marking in form of written information about the Air Bags.

If you please refer to the Previous Gen Aspire review thread, you may find the pictures showing the side curtain Air Bags on front seats and B Pillar.

Refer here -> https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...al-review.html (Ford Aspire : Official Review)

Its same with Present generation Aspire also.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 20:40   #89
BHPian

What is meaning of the feature "Remote Keyless Entry" in Ford Aspire ? Yes, I can press the unlock button in my remote control to get in, but I thought that Remote Keyless Entry meant that the remote control being in my pocket, I could press a switch on the Vehicle Door Handle and the doors unlock !

Something that is present in Ford EcoSport I suppose.
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:02   #90
BHPian

Quote:
What is meaning of the feature "Remote Keyless Entry" in Ford Aspire ? Yes, I can press the unlock button in my remote control to get in, but I thought that Remote Keyless Entry meant that the remote control being in my pocket, I could press a switch on the Vehicle Door Handle and the doors unlock !

Something that is present in Ford EcoSport I suppose.
Couple of words to sum it up, cost cutting.

To be honest, Keyless Entry is what you are looking for, whereas Ford is marketing this as Remote Keyless Entry. If someone have to argue, then its not about the feature but rather terminology.

One would need to pay extra to go up to EcoSports for this feature. One way of creating premium car by removing features from lower segment.

I guess next major update from car makers would be implementing bio-metrics / password to remove the need any physical key. Technology is there, it is robust and reliable. Infact Zoom Car is using similar feature with aftermarket add-on. You can unlock their Ford Figo / Aspire / FreeStyle via their app and then find the key in glove box for starting the car.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks