Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2021, 13:55   #346
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Was a keen follower of this thread and booked Aquamarine W8(O) AMT Diesel on the last day of last month. No idea of delivery although committed time was 10 weeks but now with semiconductor shortage and all, I even doubt that.

What's with lack of colour options in W8(O) AMT highest variant? All I see is Red, White and Aquamarine with dual tone options based on same colours. The highest variant should have all colour options, isn't it? Would have loved to have one in grey / black, but alas!
jagzrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 19:55   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post
Hello BHPians, Might be posting my first issue here..

My diesel W8O MT is about 40 days old and the first 1000 km was driven within the state of Goa. I had a 3700 km planned covering 4 states, and I wanted to complete the 1000 km inspection service before this planned trip. I

Thanks!
I drove my BILs XUV 300 for a long trip yesterday and I had the exact same observation. I think its the Turbo.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 21:25   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
I drove my BILs XUV 300 for a long trip yesterday and I had the exact same observation. I think its the Turbo.
Unfortunately I couldn't capture that sound using my phone video - it is not loud enough to get recorded. I thought I'll fix a GoPro inside the engine bay, but didn't find time to do that experiment. Meanwhile I had to visit the dealership for some other purpose and while I was there, I explained the mechanics regarding the turbo sound, and initially they were unable to 'hear' it. And once they heard it, they acknowledged and they told me that they will have to open a jobcard and I leave the vehicle with them so that they will do a diagnosis with M&M. I was not sure about leaving the car since I am doing another trip this extended weekend.

I also noticed black deposit on top of the catalytic converter / DPF, which is located right below the turbo unit. Attaching a couple of images for clarity. The black deposit is NOT oil leaking from the turbo oil inlet - it feels powdery to touch - like soot. A zoomed out photo for more clarity of where this area in the engine bay is!

I'm not sure how many BS6 diesel owners are there in the forum but whoever reads this may check it out in your engine bay and post an update if possible.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-soot.png  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-turbo_300.png  

Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 10:00   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goandiaries View Post

I also noticed black deposit on top of the catalytic converter / DPF, which is located right below the turbo unit. Attaching a couple of images for clarity. The black deposit is NOT oil leaking from the turbo oil inlet - it feels powdery to touch - like soot. A zoomed out photo for more clarity of where this area in the engine bay is!

I'm not sure how many BS6 diesel owners are there in the forum but whoever reads this may check it out in your engine bay and post an update if possible.

Thanks!
I tried to find soot deposits in the engine bay area. However, I didn't observe any such deposit as depicted in your picture. Did you check after completing a drive? I did the inspection when the engine was cold and the car had been parked for a couple of days.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 10:21   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
I tried to find soot deposits in the engine bay area. However, I didn't observe any such deposit as depicted in your picture. Did you check after completing a drive? I did the inspection when the engine was cold and the car had been parked for a couple of days.
Is this only for the Diesel engines or even Petrol? Sorry if I am missing something obvious. I own a W8 Optional DT Petrol and have not had any issues thus far. I bought it in Nov 2020 and the car has run 3500 odd.
Old 24th March 2021, 11:09   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Is this only for the Diesel engines or even Petrol? Sorry if I am missing something obvious. I own a W8 Optional DT Petrol and have not had any issues thus far. I bought it in Nov 2020 and the car has run 3500 odd.
It is for diesel as DPF functions in BS6 diesel engines. However, it should ideally capture the PM inside and not deposit outside (in the engine bay area).
Old 25th March 2021, 22:53   #352
agm
BHPian

I have went through majority of the post in this thread, but to my surprise not a single post I could find where someone has complained about the performance of air conditioners on XUV300.

Last week, although we wanted to take a test drive of XUV300 petrol, but unfortunately it wasn’t available with the dealer. So, they sent us a diesel vehicle instead. Overall liked this CSUV! But I along with my cousin both of us found the AC to be quite weak. Even when it was not very hot outside. Temperature was in mid thirties, which goes to mid forties in peak summers.

Someone who has been using XUV300 can throw some light on this, please?

Also, any idea as to when will XUV300 sportz with more powerful petrol heart will be launched?
Old 26th March 2021, 02:23   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
I have went through majority of the post in this thread, but to my surprise not a single post I could find where someone has complained about the performance of air conditioners on XUV300.

But I along with my cousin both of us found the AC to be quite weak. Even when it was not very hot outside. Temperature was in mid thirties, which goes to mid forties in peak summers.

Someone who has been using XUV300 can throw some light on this, please?
I guess there are no posts about the AC because there isn't much to write about.
I've used my XUV300 in summers of Kolkata, NCR, Mumbai, Nagpur and have absolutely no complaints.

Even in peak summer, the AC chills within 5-10 minutes and post that I have to turn the fan speed to 1-3 with temperature set at ~22. And I'm someone who likes the environment to be chilled all the time

Although, some might rue the lack of rear vents, but I've had no such complaints.

I guess your experience has more to do with the lack of maintenance of the test vehicle. I change my AC filter every 10k kms and drive with the windows up without fail.
anantpoddar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 10:21   #354
agm
BHPian

Thank you @anantpoddar sir for clearing the air regarding the Ac performance on XUV300. I’m sure it was one off case with that particular vehicle.

I’m planning to buy a CSUV in the next month or two. My monthly running will be less than 1k. So, looking for a petrol vehicle with budget of 14Lakh on road. I need something which drives really well, like first gen diesel swift, which have driven extensively and enjoyed a lot. In the last few years have been driving i20 which is so boring to drive that have lost interest and avoid taking it out.

Need advice from our team-bhp experts as to which vehicle will be best for me? I’ll be keeping this car for the next 8-9 years at least.
agm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 14:11   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Thank you @anantpoddar sir for clearing the air regarding the Ac performance on XUV300. I’m sure it was one off case with that particular vehicle.

I’m planning to buy a CSUV in the next month or two. My monthly running will be less than 1k. So, looking for a petrol vehicle with budget of 14Lakh on road. I need something which drives really well, like first gen diesel swift, which have driven extensively and enjoyed a lot. In the last few years have been driving i20 which is so boring to drive that have lost interest and avoid taking it out.

Need advice from our team-bhp experts as to which vehicle will be best for me? I’ll be keeping this car for the next 8-9 years at least.
I too believe that what you faced was a one off issue and the AC performs quite well on the XUV. I am not sure if rear vents would have had a faster cooling at the back (especially on a hot summer day, when the car has been parked in the sun for a long duration), but give it a bit and it cools the back equally well.

As for your choice, you can surely look at XUV and Nexon (in their manual avatars) and both are amazing to drive. Then there is the ever present Ecosport, though that will come with poor fuel economy. If you are looking for an automatic however, Ecosport and Sonet become the primary choices with superior gearboxes versus XUV or Nexon.
Old 28th March 2021, 12:50   #356
BHPian

Today's drive from Kundapur to Bangalore. Completed 20k with my xuv300 and its been wonderful experience so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20210328_063204.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20210328_062941.jpg  

Kashi053 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 14:01   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
I noticed it for the first time when the engine was cold, I had completed around 5k by then (of which one trip was 3600 km). I cleaned it a bit and observed fresh deposit after a 650 km trip. I keep checking the engine bay for any abnormal signs like rat intrusion, oil leaks etc which is when I noticed it.
Goandiaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 19:30   #358
BHPian

I did a wheel balancing and alignment today and below is the breakpad condition. Can anyone tell me how many more KM it can last?

First pic is rear and 2nd pic is front one.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20210329_102947.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-20210329_102927.jpg  

Old 29th March 2021, 20:04   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
I did a wheel balancing and alignment today and below is the breakpad condition. Can anyone tell me how many more KM it can last?

First pic is rear and 2nd pic is front one.
You see this mark in red circle, you can use your pads till this mark is visible.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20210329200034__01.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 14:37   #360
BHPian

After enjoying a Jazz for about 5 years, I am now considering switching to an XUV 300.
Went out to the showroom, to get a feel of the vehicle, but sadly they didn't have a diesel for test drives. Only the petrol AMT was available.

It's a huge paradigm shift for me, and I am curious about the NVH and refinement levels that the diesel offers. I discounted the petrol purely because I do not wish to drive a 3 pot petrol after having what is probably the most refined 4 pot petrol on the market.

The showroom is suggesting upto 3 months of waiting :( But says that they will try to work something out.
With another lockdown looming on the horizon, I grow worried.

Plus, for me it's a two step process. I need to sell off my current car first, and then use that as the footing for the new one. Mahindra first choice offered a rather paltry offer under the "exchange" scheme, so I probably won't exchange with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks