Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2020, 10:44   #256
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra teamed up with Save life India for the Safer Drives Safer Lives initiative featuring Mahindra
Strange this is coming from a manufacturer selling cars like Scorpio-Bolero in 2020 with infamous safety records. Tata has taken safety much more seriously over all these years while Mahindra Chief was busy fondling Twitter.
hydraulicsteer is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 12:35   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by congodasher View Post
Dear all,

I am in a serious confusion about buying my first car.

The only reason I am confused about XUV 300 is, reliability. I am not sure about how reliable the vehicle would be for the next 10 years(worst case). Would appreciate if folks here could help me provide more info on this. That will make my life easier to decide on the car options I have.
I believe the XUV300 must be looked as the Ssangyong Tivoli, as it is a chopped down version to fit in the sub-4 meter class.
In the UK it is offered with a 7year

"How reliable is SsangYong Tivoli?
However, SsangYong's standard seven-year/150,000-mile warranty promises good things as far as the Tivoli's long-term dependability is concerned, showing the brand's faith in the reliability of its cars. It's one of the best warranties on the market and better than anything you'll find in the compact crossover class."

SsangYong Tivoli SUV 2020 reliability & safety | Carbuyer

From the Safety aspect, it has scored the highest amongst Indian vehicles.

It's on my list too, for the sheer space + features package, in that price bracket of cars.
Old 15th September 2020, 12:50   #258
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the vehicles I short-listed:
- Mahindra XUV300 W8 Petrol
- Hyundai Creta EX Petrol
- Skoda Rapid Ambition
- Skoda Rapid Ambition(AT)
- New Maruti S-Cross Petrol( yet to test drive)
You should either post this on the cross over vs Sedan thread or create a new thread. It won't be read by many people here.
Old 15th September 2020, 13:00   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
I believe the XUV300 must be looked as the Ssangyong Tivoli, as it is a chopped down version to fit in the sub-4 meter class.
In the UK it is offered with a 7year

"How reliable is SsangYong Tivoli?
However, SsangYong's standard seven-year/150,000-mile warranty promises good things as far as the Tivoli's long-term dependability is concerned, showing the brand's faith in the reliability of its cars. It's one of the best warranties on the market and better than anything you'll find in the compact crossover class."

SsangYong Tivoli SUV 2020 reliability & safety | Carbuyer

From the Safety aspect, it has scored the highest amongst Indian vehicles.

It's on my list too, for the sheer space + features package, in that price bracket of cars.
Thanks for the information. But unlike Tivoli, is XUV300 having a Mahindra engine? I wanted to know more in line with the Mahindra's parts reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
You should either post this on the cross over vs Sedan thread or create a new thread. It won't be read by many people here.
True. But again my question was more directed towards XUV300 reliability. Maybe I added too much information about other cars. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 15th September 2020, 14:15   #260
BHPian

Quote:
True. But again my question was more directed towards XUV300 reliability. Maybe I added too much information about other cars. Sorry for the confusion.
Why don't you consider nexon as well? There hasn't been any reported engine issues with nexon on the internet as well as on our forum, apart from the AMT models. It is as safe as xuv and is little cheaper as well.
Old 15th September 2020, 14:57   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Why don't you consider nexon as well? There hasn't been any reported engine issues with nexon on the internet as well as on our forum, apart from the AMT models. It is as safe as xuv and is little cheaper as well.
Hi @yesyeswe, Nexon was also there in my list. Main reason for not considering the same is the poor reviews on service in Chennai(At least the ones i read about) and also the seat was not comfortable for my back. I can indeed have lumbar support and make it comfortable. Relatively I also felt the gear shifting was not as smooth as the one on XUV300 and other vehicles i saw. At least that was the case on the test drive vehicle I rode. Another silly reason, my family didn't like the design.
Old 15th September 2020, 16:02   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @yesyeswe, Nexon was also there in my list. Main reason for not considering the same is the poor reviews on service in Chennai(At least the ones i read about) and also the seat was not comfortable for my back. I can indeed have lumbar support and make it comfortable. Relatively I also felt the gear shifting was not as smooth as the one on XUV300 and other vehicles i saw. At least that was the case on the test drive vehicle I rode. Another silly reason, my family didn't like the design.
The only issues which surfaced recently or in the past were related to the amt gearbox, apart from that there hasn't been much issues discussed or mentioned regarding the engine, maybe more people can comment on it. But an extended warranty purchased with the car will keep you tension free for a long time.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 00:05   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the vehicles I short-listed:
- Mahindra XUV300 W8 Petrol
- Hyundai Creta EX Petrol
- Skoda Rapid Ambition
- Skoda Rapid Ambition(AT)
- New Maruti S-Cross Petrol( yet to test drive)

The only reason I am confused about XUV 300 is, reliability.
I took a lengthy test ride of w8(o) diesel twice, both different TD cars. One had clocked 6k kms and the front sensors were not working. On the other TD car the odo was ~20K and the glove box lid was broken. Being test drive cars they might would be handled rough, but, I did not feel comfortable with the issues, esp the front sensors not working. I asked the SA accompanying me for the reason, he said that the car was involved in frontal accident by another customer. Could be true, but, I did check for any obvious signs of impact, did not find any.
Another thing I did not like was AC. I usually keep temp at 24, but, my wife sitting at back was uncomfortable. I had to set the temp at 19 for the car to cool. This issue was there in both TD cars.
Before you finalize on xuv300, take a longish td of the car from multiple showrooms.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 13:10   #264
Senior - BHPian

There was a lot of talk earlier this year about the new Mahindra Mstallion 1.2 liter turbo petrol engine with 130 BHP and 230 Nm torque, making its way into the XUV 300, and thereafter to the Ford Ecosport early 2021.

Does anyone have any updates or news on this? From online reports, the engine was supposed to be production ready earlier this year, but after that, all news seems to have died down and the BS6 version of the existing petrol engine has already debuted on the XUV300. No sign of the Mstallion engine, though.
Old 22nd October 2020, 21:54   #265
BHPian

Cancelled our Yaris booking after much deliberation about the need for a diesel car and now looking to book the XUV 300.

Finalized the W4 Diesel variant in Aquamarine colour. The powerful engine and the 5 star crash rating sealed the deal for the car even if it is around 1L more expensive than the Venue feature for feature .

The discounts are thin for the XUV300 while the Venue had good discounts running. Still opted for the XUV300 as it had better interior space and better crash safety. The Venue for the same price had rear AC, wheel caps, steering mounted controls and a few feel good features.

Getting a quote for 9.83L OTR after 10k cash discount and bargaining the insurance down to 26000. Plus a free rear bullbar . How is the feedback among owners ? Very few ownership threads on the XUV300.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 22nd October 2020 at 21:55.
Old 22nd October 2020, 23:38   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post

Getting a quote for 9.83L OTR after 10k cash discount and bargaining the insurance down to 26000. Plus a free rear bullbar . How is the feedback among owners ? Very few ownership threads on the XUV300.
First congratulations on booking a fantastic car, you have made the right decision to choose xuv over venue as safety is more important than some features, at the end of the day it is our life that is more important.

I'm not an owner but the feedback is good on the diesel engine, good amount of power and segment best torque. Do change to some quality tyres just after making the purchase to exploit the full potential of the car, mrf perfinza is a good choice.

Bull bar being considered as illegal now by the government why don't you get some other accessories in it's place?
yesyeswe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 10:06   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Bull bar being considered as illegal now by the government why don't you get some other accessories in it's place?
Thank you. The car will take 2 weeks to be delivered . The wait begins.

Bull bars may be illegal but there is no stopping the two wheelers from constantly nudging into the car in front. Most riders in the country don't have the habit of maintaining a safe distance.

Hope the bull bar won't compromise the safety of the car occupants in high speed crashes as it's situated far below the rear bumper. I have read materials in the past which indicate chassis damage and whiplash might occur. Fingers crossed.
Old 24th October 2020, 18:20   #268
BHPian

I went to checkout Xuv300 diesel as a possible replacement for my scross. I was looking only at W4 variant, which fulfills my requirements.

What comes as a shock is that Mahindra has removed headrest on the backseat of W4 variant.

Not even fixed headsets. Its a flat bench now.
shashant is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 19:00   #269
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
I went to checkout Xuv300 diesel as a possible replacement for my scross. I was looking only at W4 variant, which fulfills my requirements.

What comes as a shock is that Mahindra has removed headrest on the backseat of W4 variant.

Are you sure it's Mahindra, and not the dealer.
Dealers are usually known for this kind of thing.
Old 24th October 2020, 19:54   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post

Great, decontenting has started.

Can't really blame them. All the XUV300's competition, except the Ecosport have headrest-less bench seats in the rear. With Nexon only getting rear headrests on the topmost variant and the Brezza's base model rear seats, shockingly Alto like.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks