Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2020, 18:37   #301

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

Hello Guys,

I am planning to buy the Diesel XUV300 W8 Option AMT in January. I am planning to go for the top end since it has the best safety with 7 Airbags and comes with all the bells and whistles. But also it costs a lot.
So my question is.. Is it better to go for the W8 AMT instead of the W8 Option AMT.
Then with the saved money put in all the accessories and make the car better.
Old 28th December 2020, 14:13   #302
BHPian

My Phoenix got delivered on 24th December. The dealership experience was overall quite good.
The car is super comfortable and gives a big car feel. The view of the bonnet, the width and those 17 inch tyres add to this feel. The diesel engine is amazing and has good NVH levels.
Here are a few snaps from delivery day.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201224-18.39.14.jpeg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201224-18.41.28.jpeg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201224-18.39.13-1.jpeg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201224-18.39.13.jpeg
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201224-18.39.12.jpeg

Went for a 120 km drive within Mumbai. The overall performance is impressive and the ride quality is great. The city drivability is good enough if the revs are above 1000 rpm. Below that however, there isn't much and the engine is susceptible to stall. The clutch is light and the gear though tall, shifts without a fuss.
The Ecosense mode is quite funky and throws some interesting data points.

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201226-16.05.10.jpeg

I have planned a trip to Nashik on 2nd and Lonavala on 16th. Waiting eagerly for both these drives.
SansGT is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 14:53   #303

Congratulations SansGT on the delivery of your Phoenix!!

I am planning to book in next month. Looking forward for your drive experiences.!
Eco_Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 16:11   #304
BHPian

Is this news true?

https://gaadiwaadi.com/mahindra-xuv3...his-month/amp/

I am not really sure about the fuel efficiency figures here. A turbo charged 1.2L with a TC gearbox.

Will the same combo reach the Ford Ecosport a few months down the line?
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 12:36   #305

My xuv 300 AMT has done 2000kms. It started flashing that DPF is choked and REGEN is required. Upon switching off and switching on the alert has disappeared. Is it an one off error message or anything to be concerned about. How common is a vehicle's DPF to get choked so early at 2000 kms.
Old 8th January 2021, 12:51   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhamshu View Post
My xuv 300 AMT has done 2000kms. It started flashing that DPF is choked and REGEN is required. Upon switching off and switching on the alert has disappeared. Is it an one off error message or anything to be concerned about. How common is a vehicle's DPF to get choked so early at 2000 kms.
It is giving you an excuse to take the vehicle out on a nice highway drive this weekend
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 18:57   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry, you aren't driving your car as much as you should (in the context of BS6 diesel car with DPF). Take your car for a highway spin, drive it at more than 60km/h or at more than second gear with 1500~2500 RPM for about half hour. This would regenerate the DPF and solve your problem.

You can refer to some very informative team-bhp threads:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...nes-india.html (Busting the myth of BS6 / BSVI compliant engines in India)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-commutes.html (Diesel DPF clogging due to short city commutes)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...te-filter.html (FAQs about DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter))
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 11:44   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Don't ignore it. Go for a highway drive immediately and drive at 60kph or higher for 20 to 30 minutes. It should go away.
You can also try out the park regeneration as mentioned in the manual if a highway drive isn't possible immediately. But then, why not enjoy the sweet engine on a open stretch!
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 23:06   #309
BHPian

Took delivery of Xuv300 W4 diesel on 8th of Jan from Unnati Motors, Pune.

Shortlisting: With Scross 1.6 completing 5 years, I was not comfortable keeping it post warranty period. Test drove only Xuv300 and Brezza and liked both, However space at the back and want for a diesel powertrain turned in favour of Xuv.

Next was variant selection. I didn’t want to spend too much on a new car, so it was a tossup between W6 and W4. W6 didn’t feel a VFM variant (with 1L diff) and I thought of adding all the features aftermarket/ at dealer.

Dealership experience: was below average, right from the sales enquiry, test drive, accessories fitment, delivery they messed up on almost all the things. With lot of negotiations they matched outside insurance price and I got handling charges waived off as well.

With 25K exchange bonus I got it on road at 9.97L. For Scross 1.6, 5 yrs old, 48K run and second owner, I got 5.25L.

Modification done:

All Mahindra original accessories
  • Alloy Wheel - 40000 (post 5% cashback offer)
  • Roof Rail -3990
  • Spoiler - 3520 (unpainted)
  • Central Locking - 3130
  • LED reflector light -1195 (awaited)
  • Front Fog Lamp - 3800
  • apart from that I paid 6800 ( fitting and spoiler painting) charge.
  • Front Grill - Amazon -2000
  • Side Panel/ Mirror wrap at 3M - 5000

Car at stockyard

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-front_orig.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-side_orig.jpg

After accessories fitment

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-side_mod.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-back_mod.jpg

Hope I don't find pic of my car in 'weird & wacky mod jobs' thread

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-front_mod.jpg

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-int_mod.jpg

Modification planned:
  • Paint rear bumper to match W8 skid plate color
  • AC chrome rings or piano black wrap
  • Read Headrest
Initial impression: Coming from Scross, NVH levels are superb, Clutch and steering is feather light and ride on 16 inches are slightly better than Scross, which in itself was fantastic. Have not floored the pedal so cannot comment on turbo kick, which I believe will not be as fun as Scross but that’s the compromise I am okay with.

I will try to active on this thread with my long term updates.
shashant is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 11:26   #310
BHPian

We have purchased XUV300 W8 Optional Diesel to our home in March 2019. The vehicle was produced in one of the very earliest batches.
There were few niggles (listed below) in the vehicle which Mahindra resolved as part of service actions.

The dealers had a very cold feet about the recalls and service actions which needed constant follow-ups and frequent email's to Mahindra.

Suspension Knuckle - There was excessive waving effect in the rear during medium speed cornering's. Also the vehicle felt instable while tackling the speed breaker humps.
This was notified to Mahindra via email. We were asked to send the vehicle and the same was replaced at the dealer.

AC Water Leak to Co-Driver Footwell - After every trip, there would be water accumulated up in the co-driver footwell area. On taking to the dealer, this was rectified.

RHS Headlamp Glass - The right hand side headlamp glass became cloudy within a short span of time. When enquired, got to know this was also a common issue faced by many owners. The same was replaced when contacted Mahindra. During the dealer visit, I asked them to check if there are any more items to be replaced as part of service action.
Hence they changed - Acoustic Plug, HFM Sensor, some kind of a ventilation pump for the headlamp.

Glovebox Glove box used to fall off frequently due to faulty clips. This was also replaced.

Android Auto Android Auto disconnects frequently. No fix has been provided so far. Software has been updated few times.

Mahindra has been trying to keep the owners happy by resolving all the niggles faced up on informing them.
Its the dealers who should be equally proactive enough to keep the customers satisfied

We are absolutely happy with the engine, refinement, comfort, performance and mileage of this vehicle!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-1610343465624.jpg  

MithunSathianat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 13:34   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Hope I don't find pic of my car in 'weird & wacky mod jobs' thread
Far from it. I guess Mahindra would be proud of how Mahindraish your XUV300 has become with that grille job.

Personally I love the XUV300 grille. In a sea of huge and loud grilles, this is a very tame and old school kind.
Hope your grille doesn't inspire Mahindra during the midlife facelift.

Was in your same shoes.
Half an year back was looking at the XUV300 and it's rivals. The W4 was just under budget, and it looked like most of the W6 stuff could be retrofitted later, except for the rear wash/wipe.
Also hated the cheetah tear drop like matte finish in the lower variants. Your gloss black finish looks much better.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 18:11   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of Xuv300 W4 diesel on 8th of Jan from Unnati Motors, Pune.
Congratulations on the new ride. Looks super cool with the mods.

Currently, my odo reads 770km. Completed a day-trip to Nashik on 2nd January. This was my first highway drive with Phoenix. The experience was super awesome and she is a real pleasure to drive. The diesel mill is as good as they come, and though I have not yet explored the punchy mid range yet (keeping the revs under control during run-in), it has enough grunt post 1200-1300 RPM.
Got to test the cruise control feature for the first time and it is quite a help while cruising.

• The overall NVH levels.
  • Ride quality is great.
  • Handles well. The steering weighs up nicely at high speeds in Normal mode. Sports mode adds additional weight. Body roll is obviously present, but acceptable.
  • The width of the vehicle and the lower GC provides additional stability.
  • Extremely comfortable on long routes.
  • Park regeneration mode for DPF (not tested though).

Dislikes:
  • Removal of ESP from W8. Mahindra - what were you thinking?
  • As many have mentioned, Android Auto keeps on disconnecting all of a sudden. Have changed cables but the issue persists.
  • AC console display.

Fuel Efficiency: T2T gave me 15.7 kmpl but unfortunately, I forgot to compare it with MID reading for equivalent mileage. This is a mix of highway as well as city driving (in Mumbai traffic) and I am quite satisfied. On expressway, the MID has shown up to 22 kmpl with a light foot. A 30 km drive in Mumbai traffic which took 1.5 hours returned 15.5 as per MID while on a worse day, the same distance took 2.5 hours and the MID showed 12.1.

Boot Space: Yes, the elephant in the room! Surely, no where near the competition. But then, it is adequate for me. For a family of 2, it can easily carry luggage for a trip of 10-15 days. The 60:40 split is helpful and there won't be an issue even if there are 4 people on the move. The only instance when this will create an issue is when there are 5 people and equivalent luggage for a long trip (7 or more days). Personally, I see this happening once in a blue moon.

Niggles: I asked my dealership to fit the W8(O) seat covers and the same had plastic covering (as shown in the pictures). Once I removed the same, a squeaking noise appeared (only when the vehicle is on the move). It comes from the right hand rear side near the seat belt housing. I tried to troubleshoot with a lot of use cases and found that the noise disappears when the rear seat is folded. I believe the sound is either coming from the seat belt mechanism or the clip where the rear seat is attached once it is upright. In either case, it is annoying and will try to have the SA address this during the first free service at 1000 km (which will be completed during my planned Lonavala trip this weekend). My only worry is the capability of the SA to diagnose the cause and rectify it. Did anyone else face this?

Here are a few snaps during the Nashik drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210111-11.32.51-2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210111-11.32.51-3.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210111-11.32.51.jpeg  

SansGT is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 09:41   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Was in your same shoes.
Half an year back was looking at the XUV300 and it's rivals. The W4 was just under budget, and it looked like most of the W6 stuff could be retrofitted later, except for the rear wash/wipe.
I don't think rear wash/ wipe ever came in W6, unless they have removed it now like some of the other features across variants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post

Niggles: I asked my dealership to fit the W8(O) seat covers and the same had plastic covering (as shown in the pictures).
Interesting. How much they charge to put W8(O) seat covers. They look very premium.
shashant is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 09:52   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Dislikes:[list][*] Removal of ESP from W8. Mahindra - what were you thinking?
I was only planning for w8 then found this out at last moment , booked w8 optional DT . I joined several Facebook owners group after booking and saw many users complaining about clutch burn . Too many to ignore so changed the booking to W8 0 AMT. At least now cannot be blamed for halfclutch driving being the cause.
castiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 10:24   #315
BHPian

Quote:

Interesting. How much they charge to put W8(O) seat covers. They look very premium.
The cost is INR 7300 as per the Mahindra official site. They charged INR 9000 including labor charges. Indeed, it elevates the look. On the downside, surely will be difficult to maintain. I am planning to buy some seat cleaners from Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
I was only planning for w8 then found this out at last moment , booked w8 optional DT . I joined several Facebook owners group after booking and saw many users complaining about clutch burn . Too many to ignore so changed the booking to W8 0 AMT. At least now cannot be blamed for halfclutch driving being the cause.
Congratulations!
Well, if it is a mechanical fault, then I believe it will affect the AMT too. But I think it is more of an usage issue. The clutch is light and many people have the habit of riding the clutch. This certainly leads to faster wear and tear of the clutch plate.

Last edited by SansGT : 12th January 2021 at 10:28.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks