Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2019, 15:41   #46

Re: Maruti WagonR : Official Review

I have booked Wagon R Lxi cng in magma grey colour, Will post my initial reviews as soon as I get it.
swapk53 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 10:06   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapk53 View Post
I have booked Wagon R Lxi cng in magma grey colour, Will post my initial reviews as soon as I get it.
Here she is
Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img_20190607_172056.jpg
swapk53 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 13:04   #48

Initial Opinions after driving WagonR LXI CNG 1L for 250 Kms, Will not comment on milage figures at this moment as it will be too early to comment about that. Maybe it will be better if I post it after 1st or 2nd service, as the user manual suggests run in period of 950kms.

Positives:
1) Suspension feels a lot more smoother compared to the earlier generation WagonR.
2) NVH is improved.
3) With 5 people and luggage car doesn't scrape on speed breakers.
4) Side motion had reduced considerably, maybe because of increased width.
5) Tyres being 13" provide equivalent comfort that of 14" found on higher variants.
6) Loved the lane change indicator function even on base variant.
7) Light throwing intensity is very good.
8) Car feels sturdy even at high speeds of 120. (Didn't attempt beyond that)
9) 1L engine was known for its poor low end torque, observable when car is on CNG mode with full load.
10) Loved the overall visibility and commanding driving position.

Negatives:
1) Silly cost cutting regarding ORVM'S in base models. Doesn't inspire confidence. (Looking into possibility of changing the mirrors to those of Celerio's.) Suggestions are welcome.
2) Should have at least provided wheel caps in CNG variant. Looks ugly. Have ordered them from Amazon now.
3) Car feels slow and hesitant in gaining RPM (Maybe because it's still new).
4) Front bumper seems to be a bit low, I fear it might get scraped on to a few speed breakers in Pune.

Few Photos:
Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img_20190608_180648_1.jpg

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img_20190608_180702.jpg

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img_20190608_180624.jpg

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img_20190608_170310.jpg

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img_20190608_104300.jpg
swapk53 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 05:48   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Exterior

That said, the 2nd-gen had a l-o-n-g run. Nine years is simply too long and the car felt outdated over the last 2 – 3 years.
This should the 4th generation, right?

1st: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...d-delight.html (TRAVEL: How the WagonR took 7 people up the hills... And still managed to delight!!!)

2nd: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...km-report.html (Long Term Ownership Report - WagonR Duo Lxi - 3 Years, 35000KM Report)

3rd: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...onr-vxi-o.html (The story of my silver steed : Maruti WagonR VXI(O))
Old 6th August 2019, 07:15   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

WagonR becomes India's largest selling(dispatched) vehicle in July!

Quote:
Wagon-R sold 15,062 units in July’19 and was clearly ahead of the second best-seller Dzire. It sold 2,139 units more than the Dzire.

Source:Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 07:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

Is having a "Conclusion" or "Verdict" section going to be too contentious? It will be a huge time saver for me. Usually reviews do have one verdict section. Unless it goes against the forum rules.
Old 6th August 2019, 11:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Is having a "Conclusion" or "Verdict" section going to be too contentious? It will be a huge time saver for me. Usually reviews do have one verdict section. Unless it goes against the forum rules.
If you want the gist of our reviews, I think the Likes and Dislikes at the beginning would give a fair idea on the product. Further, a lot of effort goes into each and every review making it an injustice to just publish a one liner conclusion or verdict. It may not also align with all of the readers and BHPians who can make their own conclusions / verdicts based on their requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
What you'll like:

• Unbeatable practicality, with a value-for-money price tag
• Spacious interiors. Ingress & egress are effortless too
• 340-liter boot has almost doubled in size (compared to the old WagonR)
• Awesome 4-cylinder 1.2L engine costs just Rs. 20,000 more than the 1.0L
• Suspension offers a more compliant ride than the outgoing car
• Features such as the touchscreen head-unit, underseat drawer & well-priced 2nd airbag
• Maruti's fuss-free ownership experience & excellent after-sales service

What you won't:

• Interior quality is budget grade. The Santro is in another class altogether!
• Thin & tinny sheet metal. Car feels lightweight when driving as well
• Lousy NVH package. Insulation is quite poor
• AMT – although improved – cannot match the Santro AMT’s smoothness
• Road manners make it suited to the city than the highway. Keep your speeds in check
• Some misses like no alloy wheels, missing rear speakers & useless rear headrests
• Superior Ignis isn’t priced too far away, especially after discounts
blackwasp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 15:53   #53
BHPian

Congratulations to all the New Owners!!

For Powering the New WagonR to the Top of the Sales Charts!

Maruti WagonR : Official Review-img_20190806_155008.jpg

Source

I am waiting for the Electric Version though..
Moto$apien is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 16:22   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

We were in the market last weekend for a friend who was looking for a used car for his wife. By the evening he was inclined towards checking out brand new car itself and we walked into one of the Maruti Show Rooms in Yelahanka.

While he was checking the Celerio and the Alto, having seen the all new WagonR in flesh for the first time, I walked towards the display car to check it out.

Let us accept it - The WagonR was never a looker and this too is not but it definitely felt bigger and better than the past generations. I may have mentioned about the practicality aspect of this car many times and it is the most crucial USP as to why it sells well rather than anything else.

I have always loved cars where someone tall like me (6'3") walks in and walks out and this was no different. With driver seat adjusted to my position, my knees didn't rub with the steering wheel.

With the driver seat adjusted to my position I sat behind and I was amazed at the space management at the rear. It was generous for me and so was the head and shoulder room much better than the previous WagonR.

With such kind of roomy interiors, especially for the rear bench, Kids to adults would love to travel in this with ease. The ingress-egress still remains the biggest positive of this car.

I didn't drive the car anyway but for sure would love to take a detailed TD sometime soon.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 16:52   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Let us accept it - The WagonR was never a looker and this too is not but it definitely felt bigger and better than the past generations.
Apart from great space utilization, one advantage of WagonR is its boxy design which makes it easier for those not comfortable in gauging space in traffic.

This plus a higher seating position is a boon for may drivers. I feel this is one USP which no other cars in this price range offers.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 16:55   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
its boxy design which makes it easier for those not comfortable in gauging space in traffic.
And I can't agree more on this aspect because I haven't spent on body work since my wife started to drive my WagonR because surprisingly the dents and scratches were nearly nil in the past 5 years of her driving it .
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 15:58   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvasista View Post

I own a Tata Tiago - April 2018 model. Illuminated key ring is there in my car. But not sure if they are present in latest models. You could be right.
Today i checked brand new Tiago in the showroom and yes the keyhole illumination is present in the car.
tushky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 17:28   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapk53 View Post
9) 1L engine was known for its poor low end torque, observable when car is on CNG mode with full load.
10) Loved the overall visibility and commanding driving position.

3) Car feels slow and hesitant in gaining RPM (Maybe because it's still new).
Congratulations (Delayed ) on the new purchase.
I own the outgoing model and couldn't agree more with the fact that fully loaded car in CNG mode just does not feel as quick as you want it to be.
Having completed 55K in 3 years, its a complete value for money and does full justice of being a daily workhorse.
I may (just may), when the time comes, change to this new WagonR in another couple of years (or sooner) but the initial acceleration is definitely a big let down.
Wish Maruti gets the CNG avataar in the 1.2L engine and on a higher trim (VXI at least).
I will most likely be the first in the queue to buy that one
pankajn1702 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 16:57   #59

We test drove the new WagonR Zxi AMT, and is on the top of my short list. Primarily intend to use for daily commute to office (Bangalore), and weekend travel within city.
My wife has concerns on rear seat that it may not be comfortable on bumpy/bad roads, and does not like the small arm rests either.
Appreciate if you can share your family experience in back seat, and any after-market remedies possible?

Next ones on the list are NIOS i10 AMT, Swift AMT, which I think are not as VFM as WagonR. Figo or Aspire ATs seem quite expensive, and seem short on space.
Have given CVTs a slip (Baleno, Honda), in favor of cheaper AMTs, and am comfortable with the head-nods / lack of hill-hold assist.
joshisd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:53   #60
BHPian

K10 owners be advised, there is a recall for almost 40,000 units of Wagon R.

Details can be found in this thread -> https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ts-wagonr.html (Maruti-Suzuki recalls over 40,000 units of the WagonR)

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks