Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:59   #136
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Appreciate your point but I feel the Seltos looks & 'feels' a generation ahead of the Creta. Even the Tucson looks more modern. Hyundai missed out some funky changes to facelift the Creta enough to keep it fresh till the 2020 model comes in.

Personally, the Seltos has made its mark and I don't expect the sales surge to drop too much due to this hike.
Somewhere in Google news , I remember reading seltos numbers of around 6000-7000 for the month of December. I am not able to find the link.
Anyways, with the lowest version being priced at above 10 lakhs, the on road price will increase by more than 50k. This makes the lowest version no more value for money. This will affect the overall sales numbers as it's always the lowest version that are sold the max.
I was actually thinking to book this version of seltos but probably will look at XUV300 now.
Old 3rd January 2020, 11:49   #137
ADB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
I called up one of the sales person today for the same information and he laughed at the question and said that these things are revealed in a week or so and not automatically on 1st or 2nd of the month.
The prices have been hiked. Check the website and go to configure. You will notice that the GTX+ DCT ex showroom price is now 17,29,000 instead of 16,99,000 and for diesel GTX+, it is now 17,34,000
Old 3rd January 2020, 12:00   #138

Has anyone tried different fuels for HT Petrol variants? Any benefit in using a premium fuel?

TIA
Old 3rd January 2020, 12:36   #139
BHPian

2 weeks back I took a test drive of Seltos and the sales rep mentioned that the price hike will be in the range of 50-80k. I thought it was a steep hike considering that Seltos is already priced well. Kia has done well to increase the price by just 20-35k. It will increase the on-road price from 25-50k depending upon the variant and the state. This is not a big hike considering that the car falls in the price brackets of 15-20L.
How much ever we crib about high price of Seltos, the fact is that it's flying off the shelf like hotcakes and every manufacturer will try to cash on it.
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:18   #140
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Seltos further looses its VFM tag with the price hike and is dangerously close to be called as “Overpriced”.

For example, with the current discounts on Creta, a SX Creta MT and a HTK plus Seltos MT costs the same.

The goodies you don’t get in a Seltos HTK plus over Creta SX
1. Auto climate control
2. Adjustable front centre armrest
3. Rear seat adjustable headrest
4. Rear seat armrest with cup holders
5. LED tail lamps.
6. The subtle chrome pack(door handles, front grill, number plate garnish)
7. Top all this up with a engine down on both power and torque in the name of BS6 efficiency.

Looks like this Seltos’s VFM hoopla from KIA is just a eyewash.

It's brilliant strategy actually. With the Creta 2020 the prices will go up further and once again Seltos will feel VFM compared to Creta. It's funny how even a 20l budget has started looking insufficient for what you need
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:46   #141
BHPian

When we saw Seltos pricing, and you valuated with features given anyone would have felt its not value for money - like, HTX+ diesel does not have 6 airbags, top end has some features which are not absolute necessary for one, so on. But then, you try to compare it with other cars in this price range, you see that, there is none offering this much features, the sense of Value for Money comes into picture.

So, literally its not value for money, but even with price hike, there is no other option in market in this price, size, features, performance - making it a value for money offering.

Looks like, "value for money" is also a state of our mind
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 16:52   #142
BHPian

I just got my first service done at Automotive Kia, Financial District, Hyderabad. Response and feedback was luke warm. It was a little over 4 hours for what is nothing but a quick check up without any changes.

There was an update for the UVO, I haven't found the changes yet but settings seemed to have reset. So I will need to adjust them back.

No ECU update and when I've asked, it's only available for the Diesel engines. The service person mentioned, because of the BS4 fuel in the BS6 engines of the Seltos, the check light issue is being fixed. Petrol engines didn't go through these, so no update.

I also did a 700 kms road trip, the 7DCT performed well with decent handling. I am still not confident in pushing the car over the corners though.

I am not so keen on the mileage personally but I know some do, so here's a picture. This has about 450 kms highway, rest in the city and some country roads. I was getting around 15 kmpl on the highway with sedate driving. Also there were couple of test drives on the car by family with some quick acceleration, I am sure that made an impact as well.

Not too impressed with the mileage considering my Supercharged S4 does about 12-13 kmpl on the highway, sedate driving and that thing pushes 340 horses.

The car did about 1050 kms so far, will do another road trip in 10 days. I'll start to push the engine post 1500kms, let's see how that works out.

One thing I have to point out off topic is the speed alarm. I don't know who thought about this absurd idea. When on the highway, you keep shifting back and forth the 80 kmph and it is absolutely distracting to get that beep and wonder what's wrong with the car. In fact I've felt it is dangerous because you instantly think something's wrong and you take eyes off the road. I also did get the 120 kmph continuous beep which felt more like an alarm and you are to reduce the speed, which makes sense. However, my opinion about the 80 kmph alarm is something that would do more harm than good.

Not to mention there's a glitch in my Seltos or may be others as well, I've randomly heard beeps between 90-100 as well. So overall not a good experience at all.
sweetvar26 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 18:07   #143
BHPian

I was at my dealer today to get some accessories. They are receiving a Carnival this Sunday. My Seltos SA has received training on the Carnival but was tight-lipped and didn't reveal anything else.

Now some pictures of the accessories that were installed on my HTK today.

1. OEM Parcel tray kit with installation - Rs.4990
The cost is surprisingly cheap, considering the side panels were also replaced. The tray already came with the rattling fix.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200103_171432791.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200103_171549514.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200103_171509227.jpg

2. OEM LED cabin lights (3) - Rs.740

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200103_170852362.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200103_170845383.jpg

3. Aftermarket leather wrap for steering wheel - Rs.4500
Feels great to touch.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200103_170453648.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200103_170513535.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200103_170523471.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200103_170529466.jpg

Also tried replacing the ugly gear-knob with a beautiful one sourced from Singapore but discovered that there is an additional groove on the gear rod that prevents after-market generic ones to be fitted, unless somebody comes up with good ones specifically for the Seltos. The HTX manual gear-knob costs about 4.2k and I did not find it attractive. So the search continues.

Last edited by dksv : 3rd January 2020 at 18:33.
dksv is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 18:16   #144
BHPian

Steering cover looks really good and fitting done too looks top notch , just like the OEM. Was this job carried out at dealership or some other place.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 19:18   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
Steering cover looks really good and fitting done too looks top notch , just like the OEM. Was this job carried out at dealership or some other place.
I had earlier checked with a popular place in my city (people of Bangalore will know Imperial Leathers) for OEM fitment, but they admitted that it is going to be the first time they'll be doing it for Seltos and want to check the feasibility of removing the steering wheel with their technician before they commit to it. This thought of a 3rd party testing/messing with the steering wheel got me worried. So I approached my dealer. The service center removed the steering wheel and sent it over to their own leather works vendor for the job.

The SC did not have any sample photos for reference. But I went ahead with it anyway and thankfully am glad with the outcome.

Last edited by dksv : 3rd January 2020 at 19:21.
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:49   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
I was at my dealer today to get some accessories. They are receiving a Carnival this Sunday. My Seltos SA has received training on the Carnival but was tight-lipped and didn't reveal anything else.

Now some pictures of the accessories that were installed on my HTK today.

1. OEM Parcel tray kit with installation - Rs.4990
The cost is surprisingly cheap, considering the side panels were also replaced. The tray already came with the rattling fix.
My sales advisor told me that the OEM parcel tray kit is not available as official accessories when I booked my car about 15 days back (not listed on the Kia website as well as IIRC).

How you sourced the OEM parcel kit? Was it installed in the showroom itself before taking delivery?

IMHO, the price of parcel tray @4990 INR doesn't appear cheap to me.
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:56   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

How you sourced the OEM parcel kit? Was it installed in the showroom itself before taking delivery?

Both in the Creta and the Seltos lower variants, the boot plastic side trims also need to be changed to accommodate the OEM shelf. It is VFM considering aftermarket quality and durability issues.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 22:52   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
My sales advisor told me that the OEM parcel tray kit is not available as official accessories when I booked my car about 15 days back (not listed on the Kia website as well as IIRC).

I had requested my dealer 2 months ago to place an order as soon as they know the part details. You too can get your dealer order the parts 1 thru 4 from the below list and get them installed prior delivery. A small labour fee was charged for me.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200103_223410000.jpg

I meant cheap price considering these huge panels also getting replaced.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20200103_223619904.jpg
dksv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 10:57   #149
BHPian

DCT Gearbox issue: Follow up from Kia

The service manager at Incheon Kia,Cochin contacted me today. Kudos to Cochin team for following this up diligently.

According to him he has got a mail from Kia HQ regarding the issue.
Kia has received up to 3 to 4 concerns regarding this behavior by the DCT gearbox. They are of the opinion that this is a software issue and has been addressed in the patch update rolled out for DCT models.
He said that the same has been done in my car and won't have another issue of the same nature. The first customer who has experienced it is running on the update and has no further issues for almost 1k km.

He agreed that this issue had cropped up in many centers all over India and most of them has no new issues after the patch update.

He also reassured that the Korean gear boxes recalled had vehicles stalling due to a mechanical problem which has already been addressed in the Indian model at launch.They are sure that this is a code glitch in the actuator software which has been addressed in the new patch update.

He said that he would arrange a telephonic conversation with regional service head at Kia HQ on Monday. I expressed my concern and my disappointment on deleting the transmission temperature warning.

Hope this is a software glitch. Fingers crossed
sandygordon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 11:18   #150
Senior - BHPian

Re: DCT Gearbox issue: Follow up from Kia

Quote:
He said that the same has been done in my car and won't have another issue of the same nature. The first customer who has experienced it is running on the update and has no further issues for almost 1k km
So far so good. Since your case is now under KIA'S radar, it might help to continuously monitor your car and provide an update to them.

Quote:
He also reassured that the Korean gear boxes recalled had vehicles stalling due to a mechanical problem which has already been addressed in the Indian model at launch.They are sure that this is a code glitch in the actuator software which has been addressed in the new patch update
Interesting to note that KIA has acknowledged the mechanical problem and mentioned /addressed it for India. Time will tell if they have been able to do a proper check and resolution.
On the software glitch part, can they share details of what update they have applied to the actuator?

Quote:
I expressed my concern and my disappointment on deleting the transmission temperature warning.
Did they come back for how they are going to reinstate the temperature gauge?
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks