Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2019, 17:13   #91
SS4
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Kia Seltos awarded 5-star ANCAP rating
Please note the Australian model is imported from South Korea.

Source: ANCAP
SS4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 18:50   #92
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review. Team-Bhp reviews are like reading a GSMArena review for mobiles for me. I usually use the gsmarena reviews to learn more about the features and usage of a mobile that I may buy.

Similarly the attention to detail is amazing in a Team-BHP detail and I'm not sure about others but I don't mind the wait given the detail in which everything is covered. I am still working through reading the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Exterior
I just noticed that the windshield has a kink at the top center into which the roofline overlaps. Similar to the tiger nose treatment on the front grill.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 21:51   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
There's a ECU update available for Seltos D. I am at the service center for the second service and they're updating the same in my car right now. The staff don't have much clue about what's included in this update.
Thanks for the heads-up. Will go tomorrow, if I fijd out what the update is about, will keep the forum posted.
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 22:42   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Excellent review. Team-Bhp reviews are like reading a GSMArena review for mobiles for me. I usually use the gsmarena reviews to learn more about the features and usage of a mobile that I may buy.
+1 to that! These two are just the perfect reviewers in their own fields. The level pf detail is just another level. Couldn’t agree more.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 08:30   #95
BHPian

Great review mods!

After owning the car for a few months now(GTX+ DCT), I have some small disagreements with the review though(won't go into positives as they are all well covered, infact I felt it has been given a overwhelming ) :

1. Bose is certainly underwhelming, despite all tweaks to the equalizer
2. Lights are strictly average again, found the throw and intensity both lacking
3. Don't think everything in the interiors are built to last. Steering mounted buttons are way too flimsy and plastic door handles are real cheap

Apart from this it is a wonderful car
springisking is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 10:26   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvee View Post
Hi all,

Found a new fix to the UVO app - which stopped working for me around mid Dec. Typical symptoms - the mobile app doesnt show actual location of car; you are unable to set alert services; app shows "contact call centre" messages while communicating with the car.

Did some googling and saw few Youtube videos. Credits to "RDx Studio" page in Youtube among others. Sharing the steps here:
1. Start the car (this is needed to go to the required settings)
2. Start radio (this is needed to be able to adjust volume in subsequent steps)
3. Long touch "SETUP" and then go to Version Info/Update settings
4. Change volume level to level 7
5. Touch on the "Version Info/Update" area on top (grey band just below the "Menu")
6. Change volume level to level 3
7. Touch on the "Version Info/Update" area on top again
8. Change volume level to level 1
9. Touch on the "Version Info/Update" area on top again
10. Enter password as 2400, when prompted
11. This will open the dealer mode. Scroll down to Factory Reset and click "Reset" on the right.

Please note that this will erase all data from the app - such as preset radio stations, user settings etc.

Once this is done, UVO will restart and you should be able to view your live location on UVO mobile app etc. Worked for me. Happy to hear feedback from others.
By doing this, you're only resetting to the head unit to the factory date (the month that you got your car). You're not updating to the latest release. I got my unit updated when I went to the service centre earlier this month & the SA uploaded the update file from a pen drive. Since then it has been working ok. I guess as of now updates are released once a month
akrish01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 12:33   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic Review!!!

It is raining Seltos every where. White and Red are the most common ones I have seen with majority of them being the GT Line variants. GT Line stands out as compared to the Techline which is sort of lost in the crowd kind of feel.

I did test drive the car, albeit for a short distance. Will be joining my friend who bought the Seltos on a highway trip shortly. I will pen down my observations post the drive.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 18:07   #98
Senior - BHPian

Referring to the post and news which talks about Kia Seltos price hike from January 1, there is no official communication as of now.

T-BHP News - https://www.team-bhp.com/news/kia-se...january-1-2020
Post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4701009 (The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs)

Is the information about price hike was verified or the letter from Kia to the dealers was fake maybe just to increase the hype around the car?

I called up several dealers here in Delhi and all of them are clueless about any price hike. They told me customers taking delivery tomorrow will be invoiced on existing prices only as they have not received any intimation from the company. As per them, if there is any price hike, dealers get notice several days in advance so they update their invoicing systems and accounts accordingly.

Meanwhile, for my booking, I called up the salesperson and he told me that production will again begin in Jan first week and he has no clue when the car will arrive. The quoted waiting period is 2 months. I don't understand how stupidly these salesmen change their attitude just after receiving the booking. Feel sorry for such an attitude which will not take these kinds of people very far.

Since it's been 15 days of booking, how do I keep track of my booking or any progress in terms of car allotment, dispatch etc? How this all is communicated to a customer. I don’t think calling my salesperson every 15 days will give me any information as he earlier promised to provide updates!

Last edited by bluevolt : 31st December 2019 at 18:09.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 18:22   #99
Senior - BHPian

The Kia Seltos Diesel meets BS6 norms without the need for using Adblue.

How has this been done? Are they using a Lean NOx trap in place of a SCR?

It would also be good to know how the Seltos is claimed to be BS6 compliant before the availability of BS6 fuel as the engine / emissions etc can be checked only after availability of BS6 fuel or do they mean Euro 6 compliant?
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 09:40   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
It would also be good to know how the Seltos is claimed to be BS6 compliant before the availability of BS6 fuel as the engine / emissions etc can be checked only after availability of BS6 fuel or do they mean Euro 6 compliant?
BS6 fuel has been available at least in Delhi for a while now:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ble-delhi.html (BS6 / BSVI fuel now available in Delhi)
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 11:14   #101
BHPian

Re: Dct Issue

Quote:

On another note, I usually don't expect sales personnel to be clued up technically but this team leader was exceptional - "Sir, Adblue is old technology. We don't need Adblue in the Seltos because the carburettors in our Diesel engines have the latest technology". When they are so far gone you don't bother to correct them.

I just nodded my head and said "Ok."

Good point about the Adblue, i am wondering the same. How are they giving BS6 compliance without adblue. Maybe the people who posted have petrol variant.

So from March onwards do we expect a separate tank in addition to the fuel tank.
Old 1st January 2020, 12:05   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dct Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Good point about the Adblue, i am wondering the same. How are they giving BS6 compliance without adblue. Maybe the people who posted have petrol variant.

So from March onwards do we expect a separate tank in addition to the fuel tank.
The Seltos uses a LEAN NoX Trap to meet Bs6 standards, smaller engines which are relatively cleaner can suffice with this route, but larger engines such a the Fiat 2.0 multijet will need a urea tank /Adblue etc.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 1st January 2020 at 12:12.
84.monsoon is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 12:18   #103
BHPian

Any word/info on the price hike from Kia?
Old 1st January 2020, 12:47   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Quoting my earlier post on the previous page:

Quote:
The Kia Seltos Diesel meets BS6 norms without the need for using Adblue.

How has this been done? Are they using a Lean NOx trap in place of a SCR?
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 13:47   #105

I just completed a trip from Delhi to Dehradun then from Dehradun to Jim Corbett with HTX G1.5 6MT. The total drive was around 1200km. Fuel economy was 15.5kmpl. The roads between Dehradun and Jim Corbett were very bad but Seltos handled the roads really well. On bad roads, the ride was a bit bumpy at first at low speeds due to its stiffer suspensions but was way smoother at high speeds. 500km into the journey I had reduced the tire pressure to 32 for all 4 tires as advised by fellow BHPpians, the difference was very much noticeable. As soon the tire pressure was reduced the warning signal started to blink which I ignored, obviously. The brakes very very good and the car felt confident at high speeds. The max I went to was 125kmph, although the warning signal at 120kmph was a bit irritating but it's for our own safety. Also every time the car exceeded 80kmph speed, there was this reduce speed warning, which I got used to.
At the end of the journey, the car was extremely dirty as I did not even wipe the car once during the journey. just wanted to get that rugged dirty look for the car. Just got it washed yesterday from Kia service center for Rs755, both interior, and exterior. The car looks like new again.
Also the power delivery is linear so overtaking on highways was a bit hard. I am not sure about other engine variants. Please share if others have felt this thing.
Overall It was a happy and confident ride with Seltos. Looking forward to many more such journies.
Sharing some pics.
A very happy New Year to my fellow BHPians and their family. Stay Safe
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_1312.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_1315.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_1317.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-annotation-20200101-131130.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-annotation-20200101-131213.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-annotation-20200101-131914.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 1st January 2020 at 14:09. Reason: Not more than two smilies allowed per post
vijayan.vipin85 is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks