Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2021, 11:18   #1966
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpednekar View Post
My Kia Seltos GTX Plus 7DCT ...based on the VIN decoder...Or should I be checking somewhere else for the full VIN?
You could request our always helpful TeamBHP member a4anurag to help you decode the details.

He had decoded a Kia VIN for me. Perhaps a private message request to him and he could do the needful.

Also - insist of getting that VIN sticker removed before you drive that vehicle out of the showroom. You could paste it in your vehicle documents file, at its removal.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 6th September 2021 at 11:21.
Old 6th September 2021, 20:17   #1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
You could request our always helpful TeamBHP member a4anurag to help you decode the details.

He had decoded a Kia VIN for me. Perhaps a private message request to him and he could do the needful.
Thanks, after my post I did find this thread (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)) where he seemed to be replying till 2nd September, but I just noticed that he's showing as "banned" now . Hope someone else can help.

I frankly find it a bit ridiculous that KIA/Hyundai VINs cant be decoded directly though, very few will have access to their custom site. Registration also does not work.
Old 8th September 2021, 10:32   #1968
BHPian

I am visiting this thread after a really long time so I dont know where do we stand on hard brake pedal issue but I have faced it twice on my HTK+. Both times i pumped the brake pedal two three times and the brakes became rock hard. I recalled that pressing the clutch softens the brake pedal so immediately did that to get the car under control. I normally press the clutch while engaging the brakes but sometimes I dont do that in a normally moving stop and go traffic and instead just pump the brakes. Got me a little scared.
Old 8th September 2021, 11:04   #1969
BHPian

I had booked a Seltos in the month of July and was informed of a 20 week waiting period. I cancelled the booking just yesterday since I wanted to check out XUV 700 before I buy the car - frankly, did not expect such cut throat pricing from Mahindra. On cancellation request, the executive said that the vehicle would have been delivered this month. I was surprised - I expected this to happen by end of Nov/ beginning of Dec.

Is Kia quoting higher wait period intentionally, so that customers feel good when they deliver before time? Or is it because there is reduced demand? Can't see any slowdown in demand for Creta/ Seltos twins from Aug'21 sales numbers though.
Old 8th September 2021, 11:11   #1970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
I am visiting this thread after a really long time so I dont know where do we stand on hard brake pedal issue but I have faced it twice on my HTK+. Both times i pumped the brake pedal two three times and the brakes became rock hard. I recalled that pressing the clutch softens the brake pedal so immediately did that to get the car under control. I normally press the clutch while engaging the brakes but sometimes I dont do that in a normally moving stop and go traffic and instead just pump the brakes. Got me a little scared.
Vacuum leak of some sort. As you press the clutch , the engine is able to speed up and create the necessary assist in the brake booster.

This can be checked by pressing the brakes repeated when the vehicle is switched off Vs another vehicle of the same kind. They should more of less give you the same number of assist before pedals getting hard, or there is a leak or failure somewhere.
Old 8th September 2021, 20:52   #1971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Is Kia quoting higher wait period intentionally, so that customers feel good when they deliver before time? Or is it because there is reduced demand?
In general , most of the scenarios I see that the vehicle gets delivered before the committed time by SA. Of course, the reverse can also happen though. I took the delivery of Seltos GTX+DCT in Nov2019 which was 2 months before the promised time. Similar was the scenarios with my friends' bookings too.
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 13:06   #1972
BHPian

A quick gain calculation on IOC XP95:
I thought of just scribbling my rough calculation I have used to understand any gain on IOC XP95 over regular fuel. As far as I understand it is a replacement for XtraPremium fuel we use to get at IOC. I regularly fill IOC normal petrol in my Seltos GTX+DCT and I use to get 12KM/L for city/highway combined with occasional spirited driving. However, previous 2 months, I have filled in IOC XP95 petrol and I got 0.7 KM extra mileage on the similar conditions. Price wise there is a RS 4 difference between these two. So if you do the math based on this, I think it might be worth to try for many. Please give it a try and see if it works for you.
Regular petrol price = 102 RS
IOC XP95 price = 106 RS
Seltos fuel tank = 50 L
Extra KM gain for tank to tank full for XP95 fuel = 50 * 0.7 KM = 35 KM
Extra money paid for tank to tank full for XP fuel = 50 * 4 RS = 200 RS
Extra regular petrol you would have used if you use regular petrol on a full tank compared to XP95 to cover the gained 35KM = 35 / 12 => ~3L
So extra money one would have spent to match XP95 mileage on a tank full = 3 * 102 => ~300 RS
So basically you spent 200 RS extra on a full tank and gain is 300 RS so the net gain is 100 RS on a full tank, if you use XP95
IMHO, XP95 is a no brainer and a much awaited launch to the Indian car scene after a long time given its price
NOTE: This being a premium fuel, the gain you get on refinement et all are on top of this ( if any :-)). The above calculation used approximated numbers and is based on Seltos GTX+DCT with occasional hard acceleration. Hence this may vary from car to car, person to person, road to road , also based on the fuel price and its difference etc

Official video link:

Disclaimer: I am no way related to IOC and is not a promotion. It is just a user experience note.

Last edited by Salnv : 9th September 2021 at 13:23.
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 14:50   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
I had booked a Seltos in the month of July and was informed of a 20 week waiting period. I cancelled the booking just yesterday since I wanted to check out XUV 700 before I buy the car - frankly, did not expect such cut throat pricing from Mahindra. On cancellation request, the executive said that the vehicle would have been delivered this month. I was surprised - I expected this to happen by end of Nov/ beginning of Dec.

Is Kia quoting higher wait period intentionally, so that customers feel good when they deliver before time? Or is it because there is reduced demand? Can't see any slowdown in demand for Creta/ Seltos twins from Aug'21 sales numbers though.
My guess is the demand for Seltos has gone down compared to Creta and they are expecting that the pricing for XUV700 will have some impact too. The KIA SA here called me thrice in a day, 3 times a week for the booking after XUV700 prices were announced, promising a Nov 2021 delivery (his earlier estimate was Jan/Feb 2022). Earlier, he didn't bother to call me back when I wanted a TD.
sam264_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 15:13   #1974
BHPian

The Seltos HTK+ IMT version is turning out to be a good value for money if one is OK to change the gears manually but wants to give a holiday to their left leg/thigh/foot whatever.
For 12.29L Ex-showroom ,you get a sunroof, an auto A/C + other goodies from the regular HTK+. Has someone booked this variant or had a test drive?

Wish they would give an IMT to the diesel version too. will save a ton of money when compared to the HTK+ diesel AT.
Old 10th September 2021, 22:29   #1975
BHPian

I own a Seltos HTX+, the LED headlight + fog lamp setup is worst for night highway drives, its even more worst when it rains. I can barely see the road. I never had this issue in any of my previous cars. Any reliable solution to upgrade the headlight/fog lamps? I do not want any modifications to the original wiring which would void the warranty, I don't want to take this risk. A connector to connector or plug to plug solution is what I am looking for.

I have an idea but not sure if some reliable auto electrician from Bangalore can help me. Idea is to change the LED fog lamp to projector once which comes as standard in entry level models of Seltos, also change the projector lens size from 2.5" to 3" and then install Osram/Philips 55W Xenon HID's Kit. What do you guys suggest?

Waiting for some reliable solution/suggestions.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 12th September 2021, 11:30   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
I own a Seltos HTX+, the LED headlight + fog lamp setup is worst for night highway drives, its even more worst when it rains. I can barely see the road. I never had this issue in any of my previous cars....
True that - I've the same model, and it is a pain to drive at night (most of my highway drives are between 7pm to 11pm or 3am to 7am). I kind of got used to it and found that if you make the lamp level to the lowest point and then put high beam, it is somewhat manageable. I usually never use highbeam, but in this car on some highways, it is needed because the throw of the light goes very low at the center after few meters. When it rains heavily, fog lamps help a little bit, but I can't go above 60kmph with the light.

This thread https://www.team-bhp.com/news/review...-my-kia-seltos has a neat solution; that might work too - in my area, police often stop for "modifications" - so yet undecided on that.
vsbabu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 19:34   #1977

Hi,
Does anyone that own the GTX variant of the Seltos tell me if the infotainment supports wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay? I watched a couple of reviews that said the lower variants with the smaller infotainment supports wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay but the higher variants are yet to receive it.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th September 2021 at 21:19. Reason: Typos fixed.
Old 14th September 2021, 19:48   #1978
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavsh View Post
Does anyone that own the GTX variant of the Seltos tell me if the nfotainment supports wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Wireless Android Auto and CarPlay are not available in GTX plus. 10.5 screen doesn’t support wireless connections. Only the lower variants with smaller display support these wireless connections.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th September 2021 at 21:19. Reason: Typos fixed. Quote trimmed.
Old 14th September 2021, 20:15   #1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Only the lower variants with smaller display support these wireless connections.
That's so strange! Any idea if there's an OTA update possible that changes this? Or does the change have to happen at a hardware level?

Last edited by aah78 : 14th September 2021 at 21:19. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 14th September 2021, 21:54   #1980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavsh View Post
That's so strange! Any idea if there's an OTA update possible that changes this? Or does the change have to happen at a hardware level?
The 10.25" unit doesn't support wireless Android auto. It is used across various Hyundai and Kia models across the globe and yet, nowhere it provides wireless connectivity. While I can't comment on the hardware part but I believe the hardware doesn't support it. Had it been an OTA update, Hyundai and Kia would have rolled it out on their premium models at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The 8" touchscreen unit is available in the lower models and supports wireless Android auto. Higher models come with 10.25" unit which doesn't support wireless Android auto (wired AA works).

The same is true for all KIA and Hyundai models which use either of the head units, even the global models like Telluride and Palisade.

There are third party kits available, to connect with the head-unit over Wi-Fi. Some of our members have used it in other cars and were satisfied.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks