Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2021, 19:12   #2056
BHPian
 
EmpyreanKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Aurangabad
Posts: 42
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Pearl View Post
I have booked Seltos GTX+ DCT (Petrol) last Sunday (17 Nov). The delivery timeline given to me by my SA is about 19-20 weeks. The online docket generated by kia states the delivery timeline to be about 18-19 weeks.

The booking was done at Kia Baner, Pune. The color I choose is Gravity Gray. The SA said that the most sought after color is Black hence the waiting period for Black variants is more.
Congratulations on your booking, I believe you meant 17th oct
Although I am not from Pune but I have booked GTX+ AT Diesel on 18th Oct and I too got the same information on the waiting period. My SA told me that we may get delivery as soon as in December but the official stand is 18 to 19 weeks.
EmpyreanKnight is offline  
Old 31st October 2021, 18:12   #2057
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 44
Thanked: 71 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

I may be wrong but, I've noticed a weird ergonomical issue in the Seltos. While seated in the driver's seat, my shin seemed to touch the lower part of the dashboard and it made me feel quite uncomfortable while driving. Is it an issue with my seating as I had the under thigh support of the 8 way electrically adjustable seat all the way up as I liked it that way and I tend to sit quite close to the steering wheel and low. I didn't experiment too much with the seating though as I was running out of time. Requesting your opinions. Thanks.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 14:11   #2058
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 696
Thanked: 3,005 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Is anyone else facing a problem with calls disconnecting on the ICE? It disconnects on the phone but the ICE does not recognise it as disconnected so you can't play music, make another call or do anything else really.

It got so bad yesterday that I had to park my car in the side, switch off the engine, open the doors (to disconnect the ICE) and restart the car for the ghost call to disconnect.
Stribog is offline  
Old 3rd November 2021, 04:22   #2059
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: PUNE
Posts: 47
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

How is the resale of the car in the used market in pune? I am looking to sell my 1 year old HTK plus Diesel AT. Just done 10000 kms to upgrade to Innova since the family size has increased this year.
Sagar.Agarwal is online now  
Old 4th November 2021, 10:25   #2060
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: BLR/COK
Posts: 4
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Took the delivery of my Kia Seltos HTX 1.5L 6MT last Friday.
3. Good ride Quality (My car has JK Royale UX Tyres). TPMS indicated 39 PSI all-round.
Congratulations on your new car. I have booked seltos and i still have some confusions around its ride quality. I see that you find the ride quality to be good even at 39 PSI. Have you driven it on bad roads as well? What was your previous car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post
Impressions after 7000kms in our new 2021 Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic. Color: Silver

Cons:
1. Harsh ride quality. Everything on the road is felt at all speeds. Even after 7000kms I still get stunned by the jarring creaking noises that's felt in the cabin when driven over unavoidable potholes. During the initial 500kms even maintaining an 80Km/hr speed led to constant undulations. I believe the car has settled down now. Or I've gotten used to it. I don't know. Tyre pressure has always been within the recommended 34-36.
I was hoping that 2021 Seltos has slightly improved ride quality.
kugelblitz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 21:23   #2061
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: KA-21
Posts: 311
Thanked: 1,607 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Is anyone else facing a problem with calls disconnecting on the ICE? It disconnects on the phone but the ICE does not recognise it as disconnected so you can't play music, make another call or do anything else really.
I am not able to receive/answer Whatsapp calls and the infotainment screen fails to recognise the caller displaying the caller as "Unknown Number". The calls can only be answered/rejected from the phone. This gets really annoying while wading through traffic.
Emvi is offline  
Old 4th November 2021, 21:38   #2062
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 696
Thanked: 3,005 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
I am not able to receive/answer Whatsapp calls and the infotainment screen fails to recognise the caller displaying the caller as "Unknown Number". The calls can only be answered/rejected from the phone. This gets really annoying while wading through traffic.
Yeah that's the same problem I am facing now. Unsure if Kia even has a fix for this.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 10:59   #2063
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Pune
Posts: 3
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Would like to highlight certain issues I have been facing with my Seltos GTX+ 1.4 6MT in the first two years of ownership.

Clutch and Gearbox

Needless to say, as I have even brought out in my previous ownership review, not suited to the 1.4 engine, makes the car very difficult to drive at lower speeds and over speed breakers. In my recent checkup at the ASC, the SA tells me that clutch is worn out partially after just 22400km. Find it hard to believe but they adjusted the clutch, bleeding the lines and all, end result, clutch has started slipping on climbs.

HUD Noise

After a couple of years of driving the car with an inbuilt HUD, it has started rattling badly, already, shown twice at ASC, they cant seem to repair it. Moreover, feels like a total gimmick now, rattles even when closed.

Major wheel Alignment issue

The Kia cars are apparently so sensitive that an error during assembly of the car, of about 0.2 deg somewhere, caused a chronic alignment issue that took three weeks and multiple suspension parts change to rectify. Even now it isnt completely satisfactory. Crystal Kia Pune tried their best however, I would put the blame entirely on Kia engineering team. Vehicles have become much more difficult to repair.

AVNT System

Already been changed once under warranty, however still lagging, buggy and problematic.

Body Shop

While Crystal Kia Pune ASC helped me to the best of their abilities with the alignment issue, the same cannot be said of their bodyshop, who cannot even paint one panel correctly. Had to get it repainted after complaining and even then Pipada Kia, Ahmednagar couldnt complete the job properly. Was a minor 2 inch dent from a bike hit on the front right fender, first the paint had flowed down and became a lump, second time, was a black scratch at the same place, despite a supposedly fresh layer of paint.

Mileage

I dont know if its just me or my driving style or the 1.4 engine. I barely manage 7.5-8.5 on cantt roads and 10-11.8 on highways and mixed runs. That too only if I keep it below 2000 rpm at all times. Whats the point of such a wonderful engine then.

Spark Plugs and Jerky Acceleration

During the alignment job, I had complained about this too. Got the fuel Pump changed at my cost, looking for some solution, but no difference. Two spark plugs were supposedly shot, that Crystal Kia replaced not with new ones, but their testing ones (whatever that is). Still the issue persists and no solotion from ASC or Kia Engineers.

At the end, would just like to tell everyone from personal experience, while being one of the first few owners of a new launch is exciting, must wait it out and buy a reliable, niggle free end product.

Would be grateful for any suggestions and solutions on any of these issues.

Drife safe and Take Care. Cheers.
arshdeepbond007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 12:33   #2064
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
Hi, I have changed my cartridge multiple times. Service stations have three varieties of perfume cartridges and you can purchase them there whenever you visit them next. I tend to buy 2 when visit.
BTW, these cartridges are expensive (I recall more than 1000 rs per cartridge).
During this service, the service center came forward to replace the perfume cartridge after sensing that the existing cartridge had lost the smell. It cost around Rs.750 for the lavender one. However, not much of fragrance in it. So next time, I would not go ahead for this replacement, rather do the DIY as suggested by few other BHPians.
gotoguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 13:43   #2065
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

We drove back from Chidambaram (in TN) to Chennai via the ECR and it was a nightmare thanks to the poor headlamps. We hit the Marakkanam- Mahabs stretch at around 6PM and we had to slow down to 50-55Kmph for most of the stretch as we had a tough time figuring out where the road was, particularly when there was an oncoming vehicle.

The reflectors & the "cat-eyes" were practically non-existent on that stretch and coupled with the now notorious headlamp range of the Seltos, we had a very tough time navigating the stretch.
narvind0110 is offline  
Old 8th November 2021, 16:36   #2066
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Cochin
Posts: 49
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narvind0110 View Post
We drove back from Chidambaram (in TN) to Chennai via the ECR and it was a nightmare thanks to the poor headlamps.
Which variant of Seltos do you have? Dirt/dust getting lodged on the headlamp would reduce visibility considerably, both for LED reflector type as well as the halogen projector headlamps. The round parabolic halogen reflectors (not offered on Seltos) fare better in these conditions even with a light layer of dirt on them.
TT-S is offline  
Old 9th November 2021, 13:07   #2067
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 32
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Hello,
Are there any long term ownership reviews for Seltos IMT?
maverick88 is offline  
Old 16th November 2021, 17:39   #2068
BHPian
 
Mountainman21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: H.P. & Gurgaon
Posts: 71
Thanked: 116 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshdeepbond007 View Post
HUD Noise

After a couple of years of driving the car with an inbuilt HUD, it has started rattling badly, already, shown twice at ASC, they cant seem to repair it. Moreover, feels like a total gimmick now, rattles even when closed.

Major wheel Alignment issue

The Kia cars are apparently so sensitive that an error during assembly of the car, of about 0.2 deg somewhere, caused a chronic alignment issue that took three weeks and multiple suspension parts change to rectify. Even now it isnt completely satisfactory. Crystal Kia Pune tried their best however, I would put the blame entirely on Kia engineering team. Vehicles have become much more difficult to repair.

AVNT System

Already been changed once under warranty, however still lagging, buggy and problematic.

Body Shop

While Crystal Kia Pune ASC helped me to the best of their abilities with the alignment issue, the same cannot be said of their bodyshop, who cannot even paint one panel correctly. Had to get it repainted after complaining and even then Pipada Kia, Ahmednagar couldnt complete the job properly. Was a minor 2 inch dent from a bike hit on the front right fender, first the paint had flowed down and became a lump, second time, was a black scratch at the same place, despite a supposedly fresh layer of paint.

Mileage

I dont know if its just me or my driving style or the 1.4 engine. I barely manage 7.5-8.5 on cantt roads and 10-11.8 on highways and mixed runs. That too only if I keep it below 2000 rpm at all times. Whats the point of such a wonderful engine then.

Spark Plugs and Jerky Acceleration

During the alignment job, I had complained about this too. Got the fuel Pump changed at my cost, looking for some solution, but no difference. Two spark plugs were supposedly shot, that Crystal Kia replaced not with new ones, but their testing ones (whatever that is). Still the issue persists and no solotion from ASC or Kia Engineers.

At the end, would just like to tell everyone from personal experience, while being one of the first few owners of a new launch is exciting, must wait it out and buy a reliable, niggle free end product.

Would be grateful for any suggestions and solutions on any of these issues.

Drife safe and Take Care. Cheers.
You car seems to be having lot more issues than what I have seen on this forum. E.g. in my case HUD works like a charm; when using inbuilt maps it gives very clear and easy to follow direction on HUD which is extremely helpful.

I get mileage of about 11-13 in city and 16+ on Highway (Tank to Tank calculation).

Acceleration is very smooth (but mine is 7DCT)

Also, I think the service guyz in handling your car are not good and you need to find someone else. I get my car serviced from Kia Dhingra Gurgaon and they have really good quality Service advisors and technicians.

In general I am very happy with Seltos (Apart from pathetic 3 star rating).
Mountainman21 is offline  
Old 16th November 2021, 19:33   #2069
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: TS10/TS08
Posts: 461
Thanked: 914 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Pearl View Post
I have booked Seltos GTX+ DCT (Petrol) last Sunday (17 Oct). The delivery timeline given to me by my SA is about 19-20 weeks. The online docket generated by kia states the delivery timeline to be about 18-19 weeks.

The booking was done at Kia Baner, Pune. The color I choose is Gravity Gray. The SA said that the most sought after color is Black hence the waiting period for Black variants is more.

Could anyone from Pune (who booked recently or took the delivery recently) confirm the same timeline (with your variants/colors)?
Congratulations on booking the Seltos. Although I'm from Hyderabad, the waiting period quoted by different Kia dealers here is around 4-5 months and even one of the Kia dealers had assured me that they would get me the preferred variant (GTX+ Diesel AT) within a month but in silver or grey colour as these colours are the least preferred when compared to white, red and black.
car_guy1998 is offline  
Old 17th November 2021, 12:44   #2070
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 696
Thanked: 3,005 Times
Default Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Guys, who is a reliable ASS in the Andheri W / Powai region? I see a few, but wanted to see if you guys recommend any in particular or on the converse stay from any particular Kia ASS dealer.
Stribog is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks