Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2021, 20:56   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreanKnight View Post
Booking amount is 25k, they are not even ready to match the insurance from outside, but they are ok if I buy insurance from outside.
It's good that you have option to buy outside insurance. It can easily save you 30-50% of dealer's quote. Just a suggestion - try to stick to reputed insurance provider so that you have peace of mind during the claim process (God forbid).

Last edited by aah78 : 20th October 2021 at 16:53. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please quote relevant sections only. Thanks!
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 00:31   #2042
BHPian

Impressions after 7000kms in our new 2021 Seltos GTX+ Diesel Automatic. Color: Silver

It's been about 9 months since mighty Kia decided to deliver our Seltos. After several delays attributed to the year 2020 and also due to our initial choice of color which was Orange we finally got hold of the vehicle at the end of January this year. So far completed 2 free services at 1000K and 5000K. City-Highway split is about 30-70 with city commutes mostly solo and highways with 2-3-4 passengers.

Cons:
1. Harsh ride quality. Everything on the road is felt at all speeds. Even after 7000kms I still get stunned by the jarring creaking noises that's felt in the cabin when driven over unavoidable potholes. During the initial 500kms even maintaining an 80Km/hr speed led to constant undulations. I believe the car has settled down now. Or I've gotten used to it. I don't know. Tyre pressure has always been within the recommended 34-36.

2. Lack of backlighting of power window switches, buttons etc. This one is a real peeve. Even now I fumble around at night trying to roll down a particular window or unlock the vehicle. It's unbelievable. One time at night we kept the cabin light ON for an entire 40km trip.

3. The position of the horn. The horn button is small, circular and hard to press. You have to take your fingers off the wheel to reach it. Perhaps it's a design to make people honk less. Or maybe some form of cost cutting. I don't know. But I've gotten used to it and am back to honking the way I've always honked.

4. Face down spare tyre. There's no way to reach the spare tyre's nozzle without extracting the tyre out of the car. And it requires a lot of effort to do this. Clearing out the boot, raising the flap, unscrewing that bolt and power lifting the tyre - all at a crowded petrol bunk - and doing it all in reverse again. This has made regular air checks for the spare almost impossible. And no, the awesome TPMS system doesn't work for the spare wheel.

5. Hard steering in sport mode. This one was unexpected. Was hoping to zip (or rather zoom, thanks xuv700) around using the sport mode. While the engine response is good it makes the steering quite hard to steer. As someone had mentioned earlier in the Seltos thread, it makes your arms ache. Its a mini workout for sure. Maybe that's a sign that I need to workout.

6. Drive mode dial. Have stopped using drive modes entirely due to above mentioned hard steering, so this is not an issue anymore. But for some reason the drive mode selector always goes first to snow/sand option before going to the sport/eco/normal category. It's a minor annoyance, but it's there. Eco mode is good though. Makes everything smooth and relaxed. But I don't trust it on highways (and even within the city) where quick overtaking/maneuvering is required and the Eco's mode's laggy nature just makes everything "doubtful".

7. Steering size. A lot has been said about the flat bottomed steering. It looks amazing for sure. However I think the diameter is smaller than your regular Maruti steerings. This I believe puts more pressure on your shoulders. Just my opinion.

Pro:
1. 360 View. I forgive Kia and Seltos for all their sins for this one feature. Words won't describe the potency of the surround view system. Parallel parking? Check. Tight tight apartment parking? Check. Waddling through narrow streets? Check. It's literally your own eye in the sky. Only issue is the 4 cameras need to be clean. Otherwise it gets blurry. So before every trip I try to walk around and wipe the lenses with my fingers.

As per expectation:
1. Torque converter gearbox is convenient. Turbo lag is evident at 20-30 speeds. But once you are above 30-35 the car becomes very responsive, but in city traffic you tend to oscillate around 20-40 a lot and hence there's that slower mode and faster mode. But I've gotten used to it.
2. Fuel efficiency is 16.1 Km/l according to MID. But from my calculations it's 14ish. When driven in Eco mode with max revs of 2000-2200 rpm it is very easy to extract 18-19 Km/l . Its definitely boring though.
3. Cooled seats. No more back sweats. Enough said.
4. TPMS. Again a very useful feature.
5. Android Auto. Hit or a miss. Quite hard to connect. But I've gotten better at it these days. There's a delicate dance of bluetooth on, plug in the usb cord, bluetooth off, then android auto hijacks the phone and prime music app won't open and so on and so forth. Google Maps is good. Inbuilt Kia Maps leads you down rabbit holes. Better not listen to her.

Other vehicles considered:
Tata Harrier Deisel Automatic. Let's just say the Harrier is an emotion. Just wowed by its shape. Took a test drive and found everything good. But it was way more dearer and bigger and didn't/doesn't come with front sensors or 360 views. Parking and maneuvering would be an issue.

Ford Ecosport Petrol Automatic. Good but, during the test drive could not see the bonnet from any seating position. Rear seats were definitely smaller, especially after experiencing the Harrier just hours ago.

Toyota Yaris Petrol CVT. Probably the 2nd best car that we checked on. The CVT + 1.5 NA petrol is sublime. Was super responsive within the city, very quiet ride and no bumps filtered into the cabin. Biggest deal breaker was the lack of rear seat head space. At 5'9 was scared of hitting the roof.
barefeetdriver is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 16:40   #2043

Can someone please tell if the software is upto date on the Oct 2019 bought Seltos.
Service technician claims, over the phone, that it is already updated during last week's service.

Here is screen shot of current version.
Please share your screen info.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-2021_10_19-11_38-pm-office-lens_1.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 20th October 2021 at 16:58. Reason: Picture inserted in-line. Typos.
Old 20th October 2021, 17:13   #2044

Does Kia service center provide with the latest maps updates or we have to buy directly from map-care.com?

2021 Seltos Map Update
Map Version - IN.14.41.44.450.202.2
Update File Size - 8.03GB

Anyone tried to put a drop of organic perfume oil like lavender in the empty cartridge and see if it works well? Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
I have had a mixed experience with different cartridges. I think the ocean one lasted around 3 months with all 4 strips removed, however, forest and lavender lasted just about 1.5 months, which is really less for INR 1200.

Thing that I appreciate is seamless integration onto the air purifier system and keeping the cabin clutter free, however, I am not sure if it is worth it now. I will buy Ocean one more time and if it does last 3 months I may continue to use it else would shift to something else.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 20th October 2021 at 18:23. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 17:41   #2045
BHPian

Cross posting from another thread to sort out this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
As the spare wheel's valve faces down, checking the air can be an issue, especially if you want to take the wheel down from the high loading lip.

I found this useful, a tyre valve extension adapter. I've used it for some time now with no leaks anywhere.
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210619_104713.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210619_104824.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210619_122252.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefeetdriver View Post
Impressions after 7000kms

Face down spare tyre.
There's no way to reach the spare tyre's nozzle without extracting the tyre out of the car. And it requires a lot of effort to do this. Clearing out the boot, raising the flap, unscrewing that bolt and power lifting the tyre - all at a crowded petrol bunk - and doing it all in reverse again. This has made regular air checks for the spare almost impossible.
Duckdoc is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 15:10   #2046
1:1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltos98 View Post
Does Kia service center provide with the latest maps updates or we have to buy directly from map-care.com?

2021 Seltos Map Update
Map Version - IN.14.41.44.450.202.2
Update File Size - 8.03GB

Anyone tried to put a drop of organic perfume oil like lavender in the empty cartridge and see if it works well? Thoughts?
Avoid updating it manually. My maps just got Bricked!. Rest of the system got updated there was a change in the UI and is working fine. But Maps are bricked completely. Nothing happens when I click on maps. I tried navigation using voice assist, Maps started working then, but entire system hanged, even after switching off the car and locking it maps screen was yet on. I had to do a manual reset by poking that little hole on the screen. Will have to visit service center to get this sorted.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_5521.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-error.jpg  

1:1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 17:33   #2047
Senior - BHPian

What is the waiting period of HTX IVT variant in Bangalore? One of my friends is planning to book it and the dealer is promising delivery in January so wondering if it is realistic given the chip shortage etc. He doesn't want to wait for 6+ months and hence not considering Creta IVT. We want to make sure we are not falling for a false promise by Kia dealer.
Old 21st October 2021, 21:09   #2048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
What is the waiting period of HTX IVT variant in Bangalore? One of my friends is planning to book it and the dealer is promising delivery in January so wondering if it is realistic given the chip shortage etc.
Which dealer in BLR? I am talking to JSP Kia Marathahalli and they said waiting time is 18-19 weeks for IVT. I had contacted couple of dealers in my home state (AP) and they said they could get it by Dec end or early Jan.
Old 21st October 2021, 21:53   #2049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelkoyya View Post
Which dealer in BLR? I am talking to JSP Kia Marathahalli and they said waiting time is 18-19 weeks for IVT. I had contacted couple of dealers in my home state (AP) and they said they could get it by Dec end or early Jan.
This is Epitome motors Whitefield. I am not expecting delivery with in 3 months but the SA is confident so it made us wonder if things have changed. Hyundai dealer is quoting at least 5-6 months for IVT.
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:29   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seltos98 View Post

See these posts here (Kia Seltos : Official Review) and here (Kia Seltos : Official Review)

What I did now, bought a Godrej Aer gel bottle and filled the empty perfume cartridge up to half with 1 table spoon of Aer gel and installed it back. Its working absolutely fine. Gel is sticky so no spilling. Original perfume sachet did not have any fragrance after a week. This stays for around a month for a table spoon, may be little more. A recipe that works
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 19:55   #2051
BHPian

One of my recent trips yielded the best ever recorded fuel average in our car(1.5D). I was 'forced' to maintain a sedate pace as I was following my relative's car all through the journey . The end result-

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211021_195736.jpg

Last edited by Emvi : 23rd October 2021 at 20:00.
Emvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 11:09   #2052
BHPian

Had a short test drive of the HTK+ IMT . The car does roll back an inch and then moves forward if its on an incline. Can be a heart in the mouth situation for the car following you in a bumper to bumper traffic case. One would need to play with the throttle or the hand brake to get over it. Please take a good long drive on inclined roads to check if you are comfortable.

Other than that, the other things are pretty good. The audio even though not a Bose was crisp and had good bass even for the radio. Auto A/c, decent sized sunroof which covers both the front seats adequately(ie both the driver and the passenger can enjoy a good view without struggling too much if you keep the cover open) round off the features. All in all a well priced variant.

For those interested : the IMT is available at VST KIA central Palace cross road.
Old 25th October 2021, 13:17   #2053
BHPian

I have booked Seltos GTX+ DCT (Petrol) last Sunday (17 Oct). The delivery timeline given to me by my SA is about 19-20 weeks. The online docket generated by kia states the delivery timeline to be about 18-19 weeks.

The booking was done at Kia Baner, Pune. The color I choose is Gravity Gray. The SA said that the most sought after color is Black hence the waiting period for Black variants is more.

Could anyone from Pune (who booked recently or took the delivery recently) confirm the same timeline (with your variants/colors)?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th October 2021 at 20:56. Reason: As requested
Old 25th October 2021, 13:38   #2054
MCR
BHPian

Took the delivery of my Kia Seltos HTX 1.5L 6MT last Friday.
The delivery experience was good considering there were close to 18+ cars awaiting delivery.

Have driven close to 70 Kms till now and all of it in heavy Traffic.

My experience till now;

1. Smooth Clutch and quick Shifting gearbox.
2. Light and Precise Steering.
3. Good ride Quality (My car has JK Royale UX Tyres). TPMS indicated 39 PSI all-round.
4. Commanding driving position.
5. LED Head lamp + Fog Lamp combo.
6. Superb NVH.
7. Damped action of Light & Wiper stalks.
8. Some cheap plastic and rough edges near seat base and lower door trim.
9. Glare on the windscreen from Dashboard.
10. Small boot (especially with Parcel tray down)!!

Some Photos, I took on the delivery day. I will pen down more observations on a regular basis in coming days.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20211022_172211.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20211022_172154.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20211022_172143.jpg  

Last edited by MCR : 25th October 2021 at 13:40. Reason: typo
MCR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 18:31   #2055

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
This is Epitome motors Whitefield. I am not expecting delivery with in 3 months but the SA is confident so it made us wonder if things have changed. Hyundai dealer is quoting at least 5-6 months for IVT.
I had booked HTK+ Diesel Automatic in Epitome Yelahanka in early March and they were super confident that they will deliver it in 2 months. Now it's close to 8 months and they still have no clue when they can deliver it. As per the sales person, I was next in line even in April itself. Last week I called up Taapasi kia and they promised delivery in November. So I made another booking with Taapasi and cancelled Epitome.
Not sure about IVT variant though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks