Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2021, 22:03   #1981

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The 10.25" unit doesn't support wireless Android auto. It is used across various Hyundai and Kia models across the globe and yet, nowhere it provides wireless connectivity. While I can't comment on the hardware part but I believe the hardware doesn't support it. Had it been an OTA update, Hyundai and Kia would have rolled it out on their premium models at least.
This fundamentally makes no sense to me, unless they just have a bunch of older 10.25" units laying around which they are trying to get through. Thanks for the context though. Will look for further solutions to this, apart from the indiegogo link which you shared.
Old 15th September 2021, 20:28   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
I own a Seltos HTX+, the LED headlight + fog lamp setup is worst for night highway drives, its even more worst when it rains. I can barely see the road. I never had this issue in any of my previous cars. Any reliable solution to upgrade the headlight/fog lamps? I do not want any modifications to the original wiring which would void the warranty, I don't want to take this risk. A connector to connector or plug to plug solution is what I am looking for.

I have an idea but not sure if some reliable auto electrician from Bangalore can help me. Idea is to change the LED fog lamp to projector once which comes as standard in entry level models of Seltos, also change the projector lens size from 2.5" to 3" and then install Osram/Philips 55W Xenon HID's Kit. What do you guys suggest?

Waiting for some reliable solution/suggestions.

Regards,
Vijay
Don't change the led fog lamp, it will void electrical warranty
I put a Hella light bar, the 470 and it has made a drastic improvement in highway drives.

You might want to research on this.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 19:36   #1983
BHPian

I have the Good Year tires and I find that they are absolute nail magnets.

I average 1 puncture a month at least. I take good, normal surfaced roads all the time though.

Anyone also having this issue?
Old 17th September 2021, 21:11   #1984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post

I average 1 puncture a month at least. I take good, normal surfaced roads all the time though.

Goodyear quality is quite pathetic. One of my friends relatively new Honda City had a side wall rupture within few thousand km. Btw, is there any reason to suspect a fowl play in your case by a notorious puncture repair shop on regular route you take (sometime they throw nails on road on purpose to get business) or someone doing mischief in your parking lot?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th September 2021 at 21:12.
Old 18th September 2021, 09:43   #1985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Goodyears are hard (hard on your suspension), super-noisy on the motorway and puncture-prone. My i20 came with them. Recently, I swapped them for Continental MC5 and it's been a revelation! I've already done 20k on them. These are super quiet, softer on the suspension and no punctures so far. Drives on the motorway are quiet finally.

The only seeming downside are the frequent visits to the fuel station to maintain air pressure (nitrogen). This is because Continentals are softer than Goodyears.
Old 18th September 2021, 11:31   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Goodyear quality is quite pathetic. One of my friends relatively new Honda City had a side wall rupture within few thousand km. Btw, is there any reason to suspect a fowl play in your case by a notorious puncture repair shop on regular route you take (sometime they throw nails on road on purpose to get business) or someone doing mischief in your parking lot?
These punctures are all in varied locations. Bangalore, Theni, Sringeri, my office in Chennai, home.

There definitely is nothing malicious going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Goodyears are hard (hard on your suspension), super-noisy on the motorway and puncture-prone. My i20 came with them. Recently, I swapped them for Continental MC5 and it's been a revelation! I've already done 20k on them. These are super quiet, softer on the suspension and no punctures so far. Drives on the motorway are quiet finally.

The only seeming downside are the frequent visits to the fuel station to maintain air pressure (nitrogen). This is because Continentals are softer than Goodyears.

Yeah I have come to that conclusion also. Only problem is the tires are at 23k km done so I won't get a paisa for them, but there is still 50% more life in them.

The conundrum I am in now is, wait and upgrade at around 40k km or upgrade now.

As it is I spend some 350 Rs on punctures every 2.months at the moment.
Old 18th September 2021, 12:10   #1987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only problem is the tires are at 23k km done so I won't get a paisa for them, but there is still 50% more life in them.

The conundrum I am in now is, wait and upgrade at around 40k km or upgrade now.
As the miles add on, it's only gonna get more harder and more louder. So there's not much saving you can make between now and at 40k IMHO.

It depends on what's important to you. Earlier, I could deal with frequent punctures but definitely couldn't stand the road noise since I do a lot of motorway driving. The softer ride was an incidental benefit.
Old 20th September 2021, 10:48   #1988

I had booked my GTX+ DCT on 28th June and got it on 16th September. The vehicle got allotted in the 1st week of September itself. The allocations depend totally on the model / colour and stock availability. If the dealer said that it would be available within same month he is probably right. Also XUV700 has not started taking bookings yet and expected somewhere in October. The deliveries are expected in November. I have connections in M&M and they clearly say that the chip shortage is going to affect even XUV700 deliveries
Old 20th September 2021, 12:18   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Don't change the led fog lamp, it will void electrical warranty
I put a Hella light bar, the 470 and it has made a drastic improvement in highway drives.

You might want to research on this.
I though of this option, but the only problem is that the cops will surely catch and fine me for fitting additional lights. This is a new way for cops to make money in Bangalore.
Old 22nd September 2021, 01:48   #1990
BHPian

Guys, contemplating between Creta and Kia.

Question is, do Kia showroom perform in house upgrade of accessories/fittings to upgrade HTK+ version to top model ?
(Probably, Alloys+Tyres+front bumper+touch panel inside etc etc )

The reason being , that I am getting an equivalent option in Creta, buy a base model, get every thing from dealer, and without risking warranty, max items are upgraded.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 08:18   #1991
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, contemplating between Creta and Kia.

Question is, do Kia showroom perform in house upgrade of accessories/fittings to upgrade HTK+ version to top model ?
(Probably, Alloys+Tyres+front bumper+touch panel inside etc etc )

The reason being , that I am getting an equivalent option in Creta, buy a base model, get every thing from dealer, and without risking warranty, max items are upgraded.
From my visits and few enquires, I know Kia showrooms upgrade alloys, tyres, fog lamps, bumpers, spoilers, rear taillights. I am not sure if they will be willing to change the ICE touch screen as well. Best to check with your local dealer.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:30   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
The seat height of my car doesn't stay fixed. Say if I set the height to the highest position, over a week or so it gradually comes down and reaches somewhere around the mid-point. Is this a common problem with seats having mechanical adjustment or I need to fix something or am I too heavy for it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
I too have noticed/experienced this in my car a few times. But I'm still not fully convinced if the position actually changes. Of late, I haven't noticed it happening, perhaps due to minimal running.
UPDATE:
I reported the issue at the service centre during my last scheduled service visit. And to my surprise, they replaced the seat height adjuster(Pumping Device Assembly is the OEM part description) under warranty with not many questions thrown at me. I must say, I am highly impressed by their customer centric approach.

Last edited by Emvi : 22nd September 2021 at 17:37. Reason: Multi-quoting
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 09:44   #1993

Quote:

Goodyear makes some of the worst tyres I've seen. Changing them could change so much for your ride quality.
Old 24th September 2021, 11:25   #1994
BHPian

Team,

I visited Kia showroom yesterday enquiring about the HTX manual. I came to know about the HTK+ iMT which seems to be real good value for money.

Has anyone driven iMT transmission? There are very limited number of reviews online where it seems to be a good option once you get used to driving it.

What I want to know about is the reliability of the iMT transmission and it's maintenance cost.

HTK+ iMT variant of the Seltos seems to be high in demand at the moment though I did not see a lot of it on the road.
Old 24th September 2021, 22:28   #1995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
UPDATE:
I reported the issue at the service centre during my last scheduled service visit. And to my surprise, they replaced the seat height adjuster(Pumping Device Assembly is the OEM part description) under warranty with not many questions thrown at me. I must say, I am highly impressed by their customer centric approach.
Thanks for the update, Emvi! I have taken my car to a service centre in Vizag and the SA said they fixed it but it again started loosing height after few weeks. This time I will ask them to change the whole assembly and show them your message.
papr23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks