Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2022, 04:01   #571
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Hi,

I am unending minor niggles, which have really irritated me a lot

My Ford Endeavour 4WD Titanium Plus was purchased in October 2021 (August 2021 manufactured)

I proudly bought this vehicle, even after Ford India shut manufacturing operations assuming support will be available; but customer care has been a bit slow and issue is getting dragged on

I have had repeated mechanical issues, mainly a rattling noise first on the left side few months ago

The left side has been solved - but the noise started almost immediately on the right side and i showed same to service advisor but they aren’t able to sort this issue out

I am sending my vehicle for the 7th time to Satyam ford Thane

Details of service visits to Ford service centre

1> 5th Dec 2021 (first service, left side noise issue not solved)

2> 25th Jan 2022 (left side noise solved, but right side noise started)

3> 6th Feb 2022

4> 30th March 2022

5> 2nd May 2022

6> 10th May 2022

7> 6th June 2022

The service guys are so confused, they wanted permission to open the sunroof when the noise was coming from footwell, I sent mails to Ford india also asking for escalation matrix

But the Ford customer care is slow to respond and reminders too are not answered

What can be done, should I go ahead and file a consumer complaint for poor quality of product delivered by Ford India as this issue is not resolved in over 6 months now

I couldn’t attach the video, in .mov or .mp4 so I shared same on twitter

Here is the video of the noise -

https://twitter.com/sudhirdamo/statu...knM7WmO7N2jmbw
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-8634190c49294288a97fc3789a5130aa.jpeg  

sudhirdamo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:29   #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargmudit View Post
Friends, I am planning for a Ladakh trip in my endeavour 2.0 4wd 2021 model. I am little worried about the DPF regeneration issue at high altitudes. In that terrain I don’t think I will get opportunity to drive at above 50kmph continuously if need arise for auto regeneration as per manual.

My itinerary keeps me at 14K+ altitude for 3 -4 days at strech and hence I am really worried about it.

Want to check experience of experts who have knowledge about this or have taken their bs6 endeavour to Ladakh already and how the experience with dpf has been for you?

Thanks in advance !

Finshed the trip and car performed like a breeze. Was really worried about the DPF issue after reading lot of stories about it but thankfully faced no issues. I tried to run car at higher speeds / rpm whenever got a chance for 15-20 min just in anticipation of auto DPF regeneration

Drove to the highest motorable road at UmlingLa (19K feet) and temp was in negetive. Didnt stop the engine while at the top for about 20 min. No problem at all at such high altitude and low temp.

Decision to buy the car even after Ford pull out has been vindicated by the superb performance of the car during this trip.
gargmudit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 02:34   #573
BHPian

Quick update, on the nth time they seem to have finally fixed the noise issue - I haven’t heard the rattle sound in the 300 km I drove after it returned from service centre

Will be doing a 2000 km round trip(Mumbai-Bangalore-Mumbai), and hopefully it will be incident free and issue won’t resurface

Thanks @teambhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirdamo View Post
Hi,

I am unending minor niggles, which have really irritated me a lot

My Ford Endeavour 4WD Titanium Plus was purchased in October 2021 (August 2021 manufactured)

Last edited by Sheel : 26th June 2022 at 07:20. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
Old 26th June 2022, 09:48   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Finshed the trip and car performed like a breeze
Did Jispa-Keylong-Sissu-Rohtang-Manali last week with my 2.0 4x4.

Was little apprehensive after reading random DPF issues. But as u rightly said, the car performed like a breeze without any hesitation or niggles.

Also wanted to test the 1996 cc displacement on steep hills and that too well went with 10/10, specially on the hairpin steep curves of Rohtang Valley with occupied 5 Adults.

Had a chance to test the brakes too ( my bad) with an averted headon with a loaded cement truck. They were just superb. Anti-Lock braking system did its best to stop 2.5 - 3.0 tons of weight on wheels.
ankushbansal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 20:44   #575
Senior - BHPian

I am planning a 4000 km roadtrip on my ford endeavour 2.0L in December. Any key aspects that need inspection on the car. Also, can I add Clearblue from IOC instead of Adblue? It seems to be a bit low. Does water from Adblue evaporate if we have low usage of the car? if so what should I do (Add distilled water?).

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th November 2022, 09:08   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I am planning a 4000 km roadtrip on my ford endeavour 2.0L in December. Any key aspects that need inspection on the car. Also, can I add Clearblue from IOC instead of Adblue? It seems to be a bit low. Does water from Adblue evaporate if we have low usage of the car? if so what should I do (Add distilled water?).

Thanks in advance.
You can use any sort of Adblue just like you can use Shell or Reliance instead of IOC or BP.

Same chemical, just the brand varies.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 06:14   #577
Senior - BHPian

Ford circular.

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img_7501.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks