Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2021, 21:41   #451
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Hello BHPians...

Need some advice on an observation that i made in my 2.0 endeavour today.

Probably, it was for the 1st time i switched to 4x4 low in my 7 month old Endeavour and there was a very significant under body shake by the mechanicals during gear shift which was felt with a massive turbulence inside the cabin. I had owned a fortuner 4x4 prior to this and the gear shifts in 4x4 low , though felt but were not that ugly.

Fellow Endeavour 2.0 owners can probably throw some light
Old 11th August 2021, 15:49   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Need some advice on an observation that i made in my 2.0 Endeavour today.
Hope the shift to Low range was made with:

a) Transmission in N (the electronics do not allow otherwise, but just in case)
b) Vehicle at standstill

Some amount of vibrations are normal during the shift, but not to the extent of shaking the cabin, as you mentioned. Since this was the first time you engaged Low range, could be the mechanicals "setting in". Did you repeat the procedure? If so, did the extent of vibrations change?
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 12:06   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Few troubleshooting tips:

* Does it happen only when the car is running or even at standstill (with engine being revved)?
* Did the car encounter some very bad roads recently?
* Has this issue surfaced only after the parking brake issue?

Edit: Just saw the note on "second service". How come the vehicle has seen its second service if it is a Dec 2020 model, done only 1,800 km? The second service comes up after 1 yr of ownership or 10,000 km, whichever is earlier.
It happens only when car is running/accelerating.
Only driven on highways and good roads never been on bad roads.
Nope, this has nothing to do with parking brake. It was noticed way before the parking brake issue..

My friend desperately wanted to check the vibration issue that's why he took the vehicle to service center and thought of changing the engine oil too as the vehicle was very rarely used. When the parking brake warning showed up, instead of just changing the engine oil he decided to do the second service as well, barely 6 months from the purchase. Service center was happy to accept and didn't even bother to remind him that the service wasn't due ( Per schedule its 1 year / 10000 KMs whichever earlier ). First service was done at 825KMs ( Per schedule its 3 months / 2500Kms whichever earlier). It looks like even the service center did not have any clue about the Endeavour service interval too. After the first service next service was mentioned as 'June' instead of 'December'
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img_5239.jpg  

LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 13:33   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Could this be the 2L bi-turbo Endeavour?

Spotted at Chakan undergoing emission testing.
Wow!! Really hope so. We've just been contemplating to get an Endeavour home and if this is true, it could be too good news for me.
However, although it seems like it, I doubt Ford getting that Bi-Turbo now at this time where internationally the current gen Endeavour is on the end of it's life cycle and the new-gen car might be coming as early as next year.

Hope our in-house experts can confirm about the bi-turbo thing. If that's true, I'd happily wait for it to launch and get my hands on that version itself.
Old 17th August 2021, 13:16   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 Endeavour 2.0L faces gearbox issues, dealership not able to fix it.

Owner drags car to dealership.

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-b5d13b916f9040dd9a1eb1210690204f.jpeg

https://fb.watch/7r8q_0son0/
Old 17th August 2021, 14:05   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2020 Endeavour 2.0L faces gearbox issues, dealership not able to fix it.

Owner drags car to dealership.
Owner says he bought Endeavour in 2016, made a mistake and did commit mistake again in 2020 by buying another Endeavour. Since he already had problem with Ford, wonder what made him buy another one. While 10 speed unit is complex and the average 2.0L engine badly needs this, Ford(and even GM) has this gearbox on quite a few models, which has been improved over time. Difficult time for owner but all current cars are complex and comes with certain percentage of risk.
Old 20th August 2021, 15:53   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Apologies in advance if I'm wrong but what else will they be testing if not the bi-turbo?
330i is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 18:40   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Apologies in advance if I'm wrong but what else will they be testing if not the bi-turbo?
It could be emissions testing by ARAI, if it’s not the bi-turbo.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 14:28   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This is definitely not "normal"! The ASS guys are washing their hands off - quite disappointing. I'd suggest that you friend escalate the issue to Ford India again, and also make some noise on Twitter.
Update :

My friend got it escalated to Anurag @ Ford India and the next day he got a call from Kairali Ford and they brought the demo vehicle to his place for test drive and comparison. Mild vibration is present in the demo vehicle as well.

Good to see there is some response from Ford India but feels sorry for Anurag. If customers are keep reaching out you for help which means the level below isn't working or not competent enough !!!
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 08:49   #460
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour 2.0L sale all over India till August 2021.

January '21: 545.
February '21: 801.
March '21: 1024.
April '21: 840.
May '21: 263.
June '21: 892.
July '21: 1024.
August '21: 928.

Average till date in 2021: 790 nos.

Considering above average and the lockdown, Ford India has managed to sell a good number of Endeavours especially after the launch of the 2021 Fortuner.

Source of data: Team BHP.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 09:19   #461
Senior - BHPian

These are decent numbers. There is no denying the fact that there is a part of the market that see beyond Toyota's resale image and prefers Endeavour over Fortuner. I don't think those 928 customers bought the Endeavour to save 3-4 lakhs. Obviously they value something that the Endeavour represents.

I think Ford will introduce the BiTurbo version and price it on par with Fortuner. They should not be afraid to price it on par with Fortuner or even slightly above it. As long as the pricing do not go a lot above Fortuner, the sales will continue. I see this as a good opportunity to increase their margins. 900 Endeavours per month with better margin should be easy to accomplish. Who knows the numbers may go further up too, because the BiTurbo will get rid of the concerns about Ford leaving.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 7th September 2021 at 09:23.
Old 7th September 2021, 11:52   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
These are decent numbers. There is no denying the fact that there is a part of the market that see beyond Toyota's resale image and prefers Endeavour over Fortuner. I don't think those 928 customers bought the Endeavour to save 3-4 lakhs. Obviously they value something that the Endeavour represents.
Endeavour brand has been in India for about 20 years now and has managed to create a good fanbase. With 3.2 gone, Sunroof and American styling is big draw for majority of buyers and actually are Endeavour' USP. Of course has better ride, cheap service and you get to save around 2.5L come as bonus.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 17:08   #463
BHPian

Ford shutting plants in India

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-422002
Old 9th September 2021, 18:15   #464
Senior - BHPian

What a sad day for all those who bought one in the last year or so! However much the company claims that they will back everything up in terms of service, I don't think anyone should have any doubt that none of the dealers would continue to operate only on the basis of service. They will shift to other brands or shut shop.
Old 9th September 2021, 18:34   #465
Senior - BHPian

The BiTurbo may still come. In fact, I think, BiTurbo launch was triggered by the manufacturing shutdown decision. Since there is no India specific manufacturing, they can only sell international models now. This means we may get the exact model that Australia is getting.

If the BiTurbo indeed comes, the prices will significantly go up. That should not be too bad for the current-gen Endeavour owners. At least the snob value should go up since Endeavor will then become a premium product even costlier than Fortuner.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks