Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2021, 19:10   #481
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Sangli
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to let go of my Endeavour! Needless to say, it has not been an easy decision to make, with many sleepless nights behind it. With Ford shutting shop, I am not very comfortable with the uncertainty around quality of after-sales service and availability of parts down the line. The SUV is as good as new (7 months/3,500 km) and a great buy for someone who is willing to spare time and effort towards procuring spares and dealing with FNGs (if need be), for which I neither have the time nor the temperament anymore.
Hi! I would like to buy the car. But I'm new to the forum, so I don't know about I should I approach you! How can I contact you to buy the car? And what is the price you're looking for?
imrohanshah is offline  
Old 17th September 2021, 20:09   #482
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,180
Thanked: 2,649 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imrohanshah View Post
Hi! I would like to buy the car. But I'm new to the forum, so I don't know about I should I approach you! How can I contact you to buy the car? And what is the price you're looking for?
Please keep an eye on our classifieds section. It should be up there by tomorrow.
cool_dube is offline  
Old 17th September 2021, 21:13   #483
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,465
Thanked: 8,204 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Selling like a distress sale and low ballers will circle you like vultures.

Why do you want to sell your car anyway with such low usage, when it has a robust build and Ford has support for another 10 years by which time there will be a substantial after market?

Endeavour is a global model so getting parts is going to be the least of your worries even after those ten years.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 02:21   #484
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 504
Thanked: 2,150 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

The points to consider regarding the Endeavour is: is it a 4*4 or a 4*2. Is it the automatic or a manual? Post Ford's exit the Endeavour is at best an affluent persons weekend toy, so a 4*4 , 3.2 liter manual may be desirable for a knowledgeable buyer. The car with the least value may well be a 2.0 liter 4*4 automatic. Saying this because the Endevour doesn't have the poser value (white fortuner of a political class) or the utility value of say an Innova.
AirbusCapt is online now  
Old 18th September 2021, 09:42   #485
Senior - BHPian
 
CEF_Beasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 9,683 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
The points to consider regarding the Endeavour is: is it a 4*4 or a 4*2. Is it the automatic or a manual? Post Ford's exit the Endeavour is at best an affluent persons weekend toy, so a 4*4 , 3.2 liter manual may be desirable for a knowledgeable buyer. The car with the least value may well be a 2.0 liter 4*4 automatic. Saying this because the Endevour doesn't have the poser value (white fortuner of a political class) or the utility value of say an Innova.
4X4 3.2L MT didnít exist! There was a rare 2.2L MT 4X4 in the Trend trim.

And now across India, Endeavour has enough poser value if not more than the Fortuner in some states.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 13:13   #486
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Ponda, Goa
Posts: 16
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post

So, in other terms, the worst news is already there and the recency of this news makes sure that the resale price would be at the lowest, since there is a panic selling going on. the price should only recover from here on, even though there may just be a slight upward movement or it may stay the same.

Plus, with you being in Bangalore, there will be service centers working there for some years to come, as Ford has sold a lot of cars, and Service is a lucrative business.
I completely agree here that, due to panic selling the resale value is going to be the lowest. So selling now wouldn't make much sense from a financial point of view looking at the OTR price of the car. So wait it out.

Secondly, service is the way car companies make a profit rather than selling cars. So it going to be there for a while. No one is going to let go of their profit if it can me made.

This chain of thought is exactly what stopped my sister from selling her 1.5 year old ford.

Finally, in my humble opinion I believe peace of mind is more important than any financial hit that you might take while selling the vehicle. So I wish you all the luck in going forward with whatever decision that you take.

Regards
Laidbackakki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 16:46   #487
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,180
Thanked: 2,649 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
I, for one, am interested, market sentiment notwithstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imrohanshah View Post
How can I contact you to buy the car? And what is the price you're looking for?
While the ad on Classifieds awaits mods' approval, you may reach me on cool_dube@yahoo.com to take this forward.
cool_dube is offline  
Old 18th September 2021, 18:13   #488
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 18
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

I had placed my order for the Endeavour Sport but am now told it will not be delivered. I would have gone ahead if it could be delivered. With mixed feelings, I now move to the Fortuner Legender.
ramitmahajan is offline  
Old 18th September 2021, 19:24   #489
Newbie
 
ankushbansal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Panipat
Posts: 22
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramitmahajan View Post
I had placed my order for the Endeavour Sport but am now told it will not be delivered. I would have gone ahead if it could be delivered. With mixed feelings, I now move to the Fortuner Legender.
Sorry to hear that. Can understand the mixed feelings. It's tough to deviate from your preferences. But I don't think legender is a replacement for Endeavour sport , considering Legender comes with 4x2 option only. If your are an enthusiast and love to go offbeat, you should go for 4x4 .

By the way Endeavour Sport ( Black) was available in my city 2 days before on an handsome discount....
You can try that in your nearby locations, and who knows you might be lucky to find your dream machine and that too on a better price
ankushbansal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 02:34   #490
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 113
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Sorry to hear that. Can understand the mixed feelings. It's tough to deviate from your preferences. But I don't think legender is a replacement for Endeavour sport , considering Legender comes with 4x2 option only. If your are an enthusiast and love to go offbeat, you should go for 4x4 .

By the way Endeavour Sport ( Black) was available in my city 2 days before on an handsome discount....
You can try that in your nearby locations, and who knows you might be lucky to find your dream machine and that too on a better price
Mind sharing more details on the discount offered?
snowmane is offline  
Old 19th September 2021, 07:51   #491
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 18
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Sorry to hear that. Can understand the mixed feelings. It's tough to deviate from your preferences. But I don't think legender is a replacement for Endeavour sport , considering Legender comes with 4x2 option only. If your are an enthusiast and love to go offbeat, you should go for 4x4 .

Actually my purpose is not really offroading. We are a fairly enthusiastic road trip family and the Endeavour had the right mix of engine and features for us. The sunroof was infact a big draw for my daughter - and that is what causes the mixed feelings for the Fortuner. However, the only other option - Gloster has a really dissatisfactory engine for my needs. So the Legender it is.
ramitmahajan is offline  
Old 20th September 2021, 14:48   #492
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 47
Thanked: 105 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
While the ad on Classifieds awaits mods' approval, you may reach me on cool_dube@yahoo.com to take this forward.

It's a very tough decision that you have taken up sir. First while buying you must have put up lot of effort in deciding which car. For me car means a lot of personal attachment as well. Ford has shattered the feelings of many people.

If we take the previous experiences into count, the flex plate issue of 3.2 engine and gearbox combination occured after 70,000 to 80,000 kms in most of the cases. In our group itself there are Endeavours which had those issues. I know 2.0 is new and better product, what If some new complaint like this comes up later, you never know.

Peace of mind is the best medicine to have smooth flow of life. You might loose money for resale but you will be done with it. If I were in your position, I would close a good deal as soon as I can.

The above is purely my personal opinion, but not to start a debate with anyone.
drpavan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 19:16   #493
BHPian
 
rahulskumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: TVM/MUM
Posts: 340
Thanked: 581 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Please dont sell the car now. I can feel your pain, we faced same issue after buying Corolla AT. After 6 months Toyota stopped selling this model in India. In your case its is more difficult as the company itself exited. But you never know if Ford might re-enter Indian markets through some collaboration , no one knows. You wont find any buyers easily unless you quote it very less. Even if they exit India, Ford needs to provide spares for next 10 years. After 10 years anyway the car value will be negligible and till then you please enjoy your Endeavour to the max , just make sure you avoid unwanted trails and cause damage.

Last edited by rahulskumar : 21st September 2021 at 19:21.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:00   #494
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 612
Thanked: 724 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Please keep an eye on our classifieds section. It should be up there by tomorrow.
If you haven't made the decision, please don't sell. The reasons are below.
  1. The Endeavour is pitted against Prado, in other countries, so in case, if Ford brings Everest as a CBU to India, you will have to shell out minimum 90 lakhs to get one. This is the whole reason, people are buying the last pieces of endeavour, without much discounts. A Hyderabad dealer sold his 10 cars on the next day of the Ford restructuring announcements. (This was the biggest sale of Endeavours in his entire sale history ).
  2. There are around million Ford cars in India, that needs to get serviced, So I am not expecting service issues in at least next 5 years.
  3. As I mentioned in some other place, last year Ford would have gotten, around 2.8 billion INR as net profit from services, so I don't think Ford will leave that much money so easily
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:52   #495
Newbie
 
skarface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to let go of my Endeavour! Needless to say, it has not been an easy decision to make, with many sleepless nights behind it. With Ford shutting shop, I am not very comfortable with the uncertainty around quality of after-sales service and availability of parts down the line. The SUV is as good as new (7 months/3,500 km) and a great buy for someone who is willing to spare time and effort towards procuring spares and dealing with FNGs (if need be), for which I neither have the time nor the temperament anymore.
It would be prudent to show restraint in selling a good car just because of the Ford pullout. The Endeavor is a tough truck and should serve you well with regular maintenance. Agree that there might be a level of uncertainty over the quality of Ford ASS but spare parts availability should not be a problem. I see it this way, yes you might have to deal with the ASS may be for a couple of days a year and for the rest of the days you can thoroughly enjoy this very capable machine.

Also may be Ford might import the Endeavor as a CBU in the future as it is their flagship apart from the Mustang here in India and also has a great fan following. So please do reconsider before letting it go.

Last edited by skarface : 23rd September 2021 at 19:04.
skarface is offline   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks