Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2021, 14:19   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Congratulations on your new car!

The Endeavour was one of the cars I considered buying very seriously at the time of its launch in 2016. It has that tough and indestructible feel to it, and has all the features one would want over the course of ownership. It is, no doubt, pricey-however, delivers a lot of value and will be very long lasting.

Surprisingly, re-sale values of used Endeavours are holding up very well. Maybe not as much as the Fortuner, but still a lot better than other SUVs in the price range. 2016 vintages of the Endeavour, which cost 32-36 lakhs on road at the time of purchase, are selling no less than 20-25 lakhs in Chennai with around 50k-70k kms on the Odo, which is very good for a 5 year old Ford. The previous generation Endeavour proved its mettle during the Chennai floods of December 2015, these were one of the few cars moving around with half a meter plus of water stagnation everywhere. At least two people I know in Chennai bought the new Endeavour when it launched in early 2016, just for this one reason.

Wish you many happy miles ahead!

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 18th April 2021 at 14:31.
84.monsoon is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 15:28   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Having owned my Endeavour 2.0 Titanium+ 4x4 AT for about 50 days and driven 2000+ km, here is an attempt to provide an overview of my buying experience and ownership so far.
Thank you cool_dube for this fabulous overview and comparison between both these beautiful mammoth vehicles. More than normal reviews, this is the practical, unbiased kind of overview which serves perfectly in the real world.

I love both these beauties since a very long time, however the use case scenario for either of these is practically nil in my case vs the cost outlay. Extremely informative and enjoyable read nonetheless.

Wish you a wonderful ownership!

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 07:56   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Pics clicked post full Aegis self-healing full body PPF. Preceramic coated pdf is adding enough gloss!

Attachment 2141906

Attachment 2141907

Attachment 2141908

Attachment 2141909

Attachment 2141910

Attachment 2141911

Attachment 2141912

Attachment 2141913

Attachment 2141914
Full exterior body PPF? How much did it cost?
Old 19th April 2021, 10:41   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
Fantastic observations. And congratulations for the new beast and beauty in black
Thanks, mate!

Quote:
can u let us know whats the mileage in city ?
My Endeavour has not been (and is unlikely to be) driven in city traffic, hence I do not have an exact figure. However, based on my feel of its fuel consumption characteristics thus far, I would expect it to return 10-11 km/lit in average/medium city traffic. Do note that I'm referring to the 4wd variant here. The 2wd variant is more frugal and could return 12-14 km/lit as well. BHP-ian rahul_jo was able to extract 15 km/lit from his 2wd Endeavour 2.0, as mentioned in this (Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)) post of his.

Quote:
I am sitting on the edge over an endeavour and kodiaq
Both have significantly different driving characteristics, former being a heavy ladder-frame SUV and the latter being a lighter, more nimble monocoque crossover. Given your requirements, particularly around primary usage being city driving, I would lean more towards the Kodiaq unless you have already fallen in love with the Endeavour, which might be a pain to drive/park in peak Mumbai traffic, given its bulk. Do take extensive test drives of both, especially in city traffic, and take a call. In my case, the Endeavour won't be driven in city at all and is reserved only for highway runs. I might have gone for the Kodiaq or even the Compass if my usage was primarily city driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
First off; many congratulations on getting what I consider to be one of the best full sized SUVs in the subject price bracket available in India currently.
Thanks a lot, Vikram!

Quote:
called up the Ford dealer in Solan who informed me that they don’t have any inventory as they’re sold out (sounds great; they’re really hard to keep on the dealer lot it seems)
Yes, Ford dealers hardly have any inventory lying around and waiting periods of 1-2 months are a given.

Quote:
Regarding your concern for the 10 speed transmission (Ford-GM 10R80); it is a fairly reliable transmission and Ford uses it in Mustang, F-150, Navigator, Expedition, Ranger, Transit & also the upcoming BRONCO.
Thanks! That's good to know.

Quote:
I look forward to your updates, especially if you take it off pavement and do some rough stuff (no rock crawling but some rough roads) & if you do get a chance to engage the 4WD-Low along with the differential lock. Now you have a perfect platform to indulge in some cross country travel. Time to head to the mountains once this nightmare recedes.
Absolutely! Will keep this thread updated. A trip to the Himalayas is on the cards for later this year, God-willing

Quote:
Wishing you hundreds of thousands of kilometers of safe, comfortable & niggle free driving my friend.
Thanks a ton for your wishes, yet again!

Quote:
On a side note; have you gotten rid of the Gypsy? I saw a few of your postings on the Thar thread so maybe you're considering the new kid on the block?
Yes, the Gypsy has found a new home and a good one at that. The new owner is putting it through it paces, going off the beaten path quite often, much more than I could. And you are right about the Thar as well - have fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker Finally booked an LX P AT CT earlier this month - delivery expected by early 2021.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Excellent review sir. Wish you all the best with your new beast.
Thanks a lot, friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I think Ford's future in India is also a cause of dilemma for many potential buyers just like you have mentioned.
Yes, it is a risk that I have knowingly taken. Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations on your new car!
Thanks a lot, mate!

Quote:
It is, no doubt, pricey-however, delivers a lot of value and will be very long lasting.
Precisely! It delivers a lot for what it costs.

Quote:
Surprisingly, re-sale values of used Endeavours are holding up very well.
Yes, you are right! I was pleasantly surprised as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Thank you cool_dube for this fabulous overview and comparison between both these beautiful mammoth vehicles. More than normal reviews, this is the practical, unbiased kind of overview which serves perfectly in the real world.
You are most welcome and I am happy to note that the report was helpful. I deliberately omitted the quintessential details around exteriors, interiors, features, etc. since these are available all over the internet. Wanted to provide an insight into my thought process as a potential buyer and owner.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 11:13   #335

First of all congratulations on your new purchase!

I'm sitting on the same fence as you were a few months ago. I have a 2012 Fortuner with 1 lac on the odo. He still drives like a charm and my SA at Toyota asks me not to sell the beast. My better half wants me to change to a new Fort but Kiddo wants a Titanium+. I'm torn.

Honestly heart wants Toyota Fortuner, but mind wants Endeavour.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, MS, T-Fort, ANHV, Endy, JC) when referring to cars or their makers. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Thanks for the support & understanding

Last edited by Sheel : 19th April 2021 at 18:25. Reason: Mod note attached.
keerti_ck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 11:29   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Which might be a pain to drive/park in peak Mumbai traffic, given its bulk.
It will be the other way around actually and you will not find any bikes and autos trying to cut you and do dramas. This is what I found out after moving to the Hexa from a Verna. Bulk gets you space and respect.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 14:33   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerti_ck View Post
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
My better half wants me to change to a new Fortuner but Kiddo wants a Titanium+
Now that's being caught between a rock and a hard place, mate All the best! Hope my short report helps you with your decision, to an extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
It will be the other way around actually and you will not find any bikes and autos trying to cut you and do dramas.
Agree with that. However, I prefer smaller/nimbler cars to drive around in bumper-to-bumper city traffic, primarily due to smaller footprint, maneuverability, and ease of parking.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th April 2021 at 18:25. Reason: Quoted post edited.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 15:05   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
It will be the other way around actually and you will not find any bikes and autos trying to cut you and do dramas. This is what I found out after moving to the Hexa from a Verna. Bulk gets you space and respect.
In Mumbai, the motorcyclists just don't care - even with a Tata Storme...
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 15:34   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My better half wants me to change to a new Fort but Kiddo wants a Titanium+. I'm torn. Honestly heart wants Toyota Fortuner, but mind wants Endeavour.
Keerti, buy whichever one you want, then give some heavy technical stuff about the vehicle you buy to your family. Tell them it’s real world stuff picked up from our wonderful forum and this SUV (the one you like) will be the best in the long run for the family and money well spent. Everyone will be happy - win win situation created out of an impasse.

Advantage - Team BHP

Cheers

Last edited by Sheel : 19th April 2021 at 18:26. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 15:47   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Keerti, buy whichever one you want, then give some heavy technical stuff about the vehicle you buy to your family. Tell them it’s real world stuff picked up from our wonderful forum and this SUV (the one you like) will be the best in the long run for the family and money well spent. Everyone will be happy - win win situation created out of an impasse.

Advantage - Team BHP

Cheers
Back in 2016, Endeavour had a significant upper hand. Multiple engine/gearbox choices, beast of an Engine, and trumped Fortuner w.r.to Features too. Come 2021, Toyota has upped the game in every department, while Ford has diluted the Endeavour and both cars evenly matched now. Any informed buyer, looking to select between these two is guaranteed to lose sleep . I don't know what will happen long term and for sure you wont go wrong with either, but for now mark down your preferences/priorities, it gets easier to pick one!
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 16:02   #341
BHPian

Quote:

I'm sitting on the same fence as you were a few months ago. I have a 2012 Fortuner with 1 lac on the odo. He still drives like a charm and my SA at Toyota asks me not to sell the beast. My better half wants me to change to a new Fortuner but Kiddo wants a Titanium+. I'm torn.

Honestly heart wants Toyota Fortuner, but mind wants Endeavour.
I remember well the moment I was driving my father to our village in a Nano. The best part of the 6 hour round trip was discussing list of priorities ranging from safety to ride comfort etc if I were to invest in a car in India. Safety was at the top out of 5 factors. Cost of purchase & ownership was ranked in the middle at no.3

Having acquired the vehicle, I once found myself with dad criticizing my choice to the bank manager in terms of cost for an SUV that I would seldomly drive. My response at the time was that the Ford Endeavour was half the price of the Audi Q7 or indeed the BMW X6. The humour completely overshot the two gentlemen in my presence. I explained that I had set out to purchase the safest car I could afford in 2016...and did exactly that!

Last edited by Sheel : 19th April 2021 at 18:27. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
Arbind Ray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 16:55   #342
BHPian

Excellent review. It really sums up very nicely the answers to all the questions one has when shopping in this segment. Congratulations. Enjoy your beast.
eyeman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 11:22   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

Having owned my Endeavour 2.0 Titanium+ 4x4 AT for about 50 days and driven 2000+ km, here is an attempt to provide an overview of my buying experience and ownership so far.
Congratulations on the new ride. I am sure it will serve you splendidly.
No need to worry about the service costs IMO, as I have gone through a few ownership reviews, and the service costs have never exceeded 10K, which I feel is fantastic.

Could you help me with following-
1) How is the throw of the headlamps, low/high beam? If possible can you attach a picture of both.
2) Do you get navigation directions in the MID screen?
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 12:05   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz View Post
Hi Folks,

I have done around 2400Kms in under 4 days and loving every bit of it.

Attachment 2141807
Congrats, Bhushan! Happy to find you here. How is the Bullet?
Old 20th April 2021, 14:54   #345
BHPian

Hey cool_dube ,
Congratulations on your new acquisition . I owe a pre owned 2017 3.2 titanium bought last march . In an years time i have already done 25k kms. Even the service cost for my beast is under 10,000/-. Can vouch for ride and handling.
Its an absolutely mile munching machine .
LEOMAN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks