Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:22   #286
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
I asked around, another challenge is no tyre shop in Mumbai has it in stock due to import ban.
What import ban is this?

I'm going to be looking for tire replacements soon...!
Old 26th March 2021, 21:41   #287
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

So finally got the delivery of my Endeavour today at Satyam Ford.

The dealership experience so far had been good however the day of delivery turned out to be completely unexpected and pretty sad.

Trouble happened after the delivery.

Took the delivery, and went to the petrol pump. Put 70 ltrs of Diesel, went to the restaurant had food. As I left the restaurant, a particular red clip of the pipe that supplies diesel to something got loose and the diesel started pouring out.

I realized something is wrong after i started seeing drops on the windshield, and the people on the road started shouting.

Stopped the car on the side and saw the pipe loose (see pic - the red clip was loose), diesel was oozing out. Quickly put the pipe back, it stopped the flow.

In short period of 5 minutes almost 10-15 liters of diesel was gone.

More importantly it was a major safety hazard as it could caught have fire.

Called the delivery guy, he rushed to the spot. Due to Friday the service station was closed (the car was exactly in the opposite direction of the service center!), the delivery executive got the service guy on the video call. Usual conversation on how it could have happened etc. happened. The delivery executive fixed the clip, and tried to see if the pipe is still loose. It wasn't.

Had to send the kids and wife on auto to home and took the car to get washed as it was reeking of diesel from outside.

Honestly I understand that at the end of the day such things do happen, its a machine, however my confidence in the brand and vehicle is a bit shaken.

How did the QC and dealer PDI missed it is a question nobody is able to answer.

Need to take the vehicle to service center just to make sure everything is alright.

My earlier Hyundai and Honda neverever caused any such issue, absolute peace of mind, however Ford seems to have started on a wrong foot for me.

On top of it the Fordpass is also not activated and working. Have raised a complaint let's see.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-whatsapp-image-20210326-9.25.31-pm.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-whatsapp-image-20210326-9.25.10-pm-2.jpeg  

Last edited by ulhas.ahirrao : 26th March 2021 at 21:42. Reason: Addition
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (73) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 21:50   #288
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations for the new Car. I am not sure if checking such pipes/ joints will be a part of any PDI. Loose clamps from factory? Not sure.

By any chance, is this the way that dealership tries to get the oil pump primed in case diesel goes below a level? Maybe they didn’t fill the diesel and the car stopped, so to take out the air bubble, somebody opened the clips and then forgot to secure back?

Either way, I won’t fret over and spoil my experience, an achievement for most of us to buy a new car. Consider as an accident which could have been much worst.

Do try to find the exact reason so that manufacturer/ dealer can improve. And post some more pictures when you get over this.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 31st March 2021 at 15:20. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
Turbanator is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 21:52   #289
BHPian

Quote:
...As I left the restaurant, a particular red clip of the pipe that supplies diesel to something got loose and the diesel started pouring out.

I realized something is wrong after i started seeing drops on the windshield, and the people on the road started shouting.

Stopped the car on the side and saw the pipe loose (see pic - the red clip was loose), diesel was oozing out. Quickly put the pipe back, it stopped the flow.

In short period of 5 minutes almost 10-15 liters of diesel was gone.

More importantly it was a major safety hazard as it could caught have fire.

Called the delivery guy, he rushed to the spot. Due to Friday the service station was closed (the car was exactly in the opposite direction of the service center!), the delivery executive got the service guy on the video call. Usual conversation on how it could have happened etc. happened. The delivery executive fixed the clip, and tried to see if the pipe is still loose. It wasn't...
Totally ridiculous.

Here, they all want to save money by giving you an *empty* gas/fuel tank!

In the US, normal procedure (last I bought one, some time ago) is to give you a new (or used) car with a full tank of gas/petrol...

Edited to Add:
If that procedure was followed, then this wouldn't have happened while in your care - probably would have been noted at the dealership.

Edited to Add 2: Yes - congrats on the new car!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 26th March 2021 at 21:58.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 23:10   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

Congratulations! Sorry for the bad experience. Kudos to your positive attitude that such mishaps are bound to happen in machines. Wish you a happy experience ahead.

BTW even i am facing difficulty activating fordpass
motomonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 01:06   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Maybe they didn’t filled the diesel and the car stopped, so to take out the air bubble, somebody opened the clips and then forgot to secure back?
That is absolutely possible. The dealer executive did say that the 5 litre fuel they put got exhausted due to rto run. And the car couldn't start, so they put additional 5 liters was added. I can connect the dots now.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 01:56   #292
BHPian

Hi guys!!

This thread seems to have been the place where all the new buyers are chipping in so thought of sharing my 2 cents as well

It was quite a confused state deciding between a car, or a bike or a bike+car cause my budget for all put together was 45L.

Quite a few bookings were made, some cancelled, some yet to be cancelled.

Mahindra Thar + Triumph Rocket 3GT, is the final combo i had decided, both in black!

Both were booked and both had their long waiting times, the thar was 10 odd months.

After all the deliberations and the sleepless nights of browing through team BHP, i finally booked the ford endeavour 2.0 sport edition in BLACK!

The booking was done on 23rd March'21 at Bhavna Ford Nerul and the car was arranged for its PDI on 25th March'21.

I got really lucky with the delivery timelines and hence decided to take the plunge and not miss out on the opportunity. A customer decided to cancel his delivery and hence I got lucky.

The car is up for delivery on Sunday 28Mar'21.

Absolutely no discounts offered, no accessories provided (except for matting) and no accessories even pitched upon enquiring.

Ive asked them to do the ceramic coating, and i plan to get a PPF done on the car soon enough, once im able to zero in on which one.

I will be driving the car from mumbai to bangalore (where I am based currently) and I would orefer to get the PPF done there cause hopefully by then I would have zeroed down on which PPF to go with.

I am currently torn between Xpel Ultimate, 3M Venture Shield and Ceramic Pro.

Just wanted to check with you guys, do you think its advisable to drive my ceramic coated car to bangalore and then get the PPF done there, kr do you think I should just get the PPF done in mumbai right after the delivery and not risk it at all.

Also any advice on engine run-in? Or is it cool if I do very high speeds on the highway to bangalore for the first 1500 odd kms?

Any inputs would help, will share pics on Sunday

Thanks to everyone for their inputs on this thread which finally made me take this plunge!

Last edited by Eddy : 1st April 2021 at 02:19. Reason: mention of speeding on public roads
Bhushanrulz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 02:26   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhushanrulz View Post
Hi guys!!

This thread seems to have been the place where all the new buyers are chipping in so thought of sharing my 2 cents as well
Congrats on finalizing and buying Endeavour! You won't regret the gentle giant.

Not sure if this is the right thread to discuss paint protection. Sharing my 2 cents. Ideally, a ceramic coat is optionally done over PPF to get that extra shine and hydrophobic property. I am getting fully PPF done at Carzspa Bangalore, found their work professional and neat. I chose Aegis self-healing PPF which is their own product and comes with 10 years guaranty. Xpel was my other option, but that was too expensive.
motomonk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 12:49   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Congratulations! Sorry for the bad experience. Kudos to your positive attitude that such mishaps are bound to happen in machines. Wish you a happy experience ahead.

BTW even i am facing difficulty activating fordpass
Motomonk, got the fordpass issue sorted. Visited the service center they updates the TCU software and fordpass is now working seamlessly.

Also got the leaked pipe checked, everything in order.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 16:08   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

The dealership experience so far had been good however the day of delivery turned out to be completely unexpected and pretty sad.

I had a similar issue with my Jeep Compass where the service guy had put the diesel strainer/valve/? in a upside down position after replacing the pump and the end result was all the diesel spilled "Post getting full tank" and since it was night no one was there to warn me.

I was stranded in middle of the road around 1am but thankfully I got a tow truck and they left me till the next town. Since the engine was dry the whole thing was flushed and the guy who had done the deed was given a suspension.
ajaiD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 10:39   #296
Senior - BHPian

Good news for owners who bought Endeavour recently, not so good news for future buyers . In Bangalore I expect prices to go up by 1.5L for Endeavour.
https://gaadiwaadi.com/ford-india-an...-to-endeavour/
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 12:11   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i finally booked the ford endeavour 2.0 sport edition in BLACK!
Congratulations! You won't regret the decision.

Quote:
I've asked them to do the ceramic coating, and i plan to get a PPF done on the car soon enough, once im able to zero in on which one.
I concur with motomonk - typically ceramic coating is done over PPF and not the other way round. Ceramic coating vs. PPF is better discussed on relevant thread but from my perspective, PPF is over-rated and not worth the money spent (on good ones, since cheaper ones are usually not good). A good quality ceramic coat, followed by regular detailing is more VFM in my humble opinion.

Quote:
Also any advice on engine run-in? Or is it cool if i do sedate 150 speeds on the highway to bangalore for the first 1500 odd kms?
Is that a typo up there or you really consider speeds of ~150 km/h as "sedate"?

Endeavour's owner's manual does not specifically talk about "run-in" as such but this is what it says about engine care in initial stages:

Quote:
Avoid driving too fast during the first 1,600 km. Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labour the engine.
I guess today's engines do not require stringent "run-in" restrictions but being old-school, I would still suggest taking it easy for the first ~1500 km or so. Your best bet would be to avoid "S" mode as well as manual shifts during this period. Let the car run in "D" mode, which will ensure early upshifts, thereby avoiding high revving of the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
In Bangalore I expect prices to go up by 1.5L for Endeavour.
This was inevitable, given the huge gap between current on-road costs of Endeavour and Fortuner However, as this gap decreases, it will push more fence-sitters towards the Fortuner! Ford had better not become too greedy here.

Last edited by cool_dube : 29th March 2021 at 12:23.
cool_dube is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 22:29   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This was inevitable, given the huge gap between current on-road costs of Endeavour and Fortuner However, as this gap decreases, it will push more fence-sitters towards the Fortuner! Ford had better not become too greedy here.
The thing is that Toyota has also announced price hike from April 2021 and that will make sure there is price difference between Endeavour and Fortuner.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 11:34   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer executive did say that the 5 litre fuel they put got exhausted due to rto run. And the car couldn't start, so they put additional 5 liters was added.
That's exactly what would have happened - they tried to save a few bucks on fuel and car ran out of diesel, they poured in some amount, primed the fuel pump, removed that pipe to let air bubbles escape, and did not put it back correctly. Nothing to do with the QC or PDI at Ford's end. This is sheer lousiness at dealer's end and they should be taken to task for it. Why be stingy regarding a few liters of diesel for a car that the customer is paying 40+ lac for?! Utterly ridiculous! I hope you have given them a piece of your mind. My car was displaying a DTE of 95 km when I took delivery. Excellent experience with PPS Ford, Hebbal - would recommend it to anyone planning a Ford purchase in Bangalore.

In any case, many congratulations and enjoy this lovely SUV without a single apprehension or doubt on its quality/reliability. Wishing you many happy miles on it.

Quote:
Motomonk, got the fordpass issue sorted. Visited the service center they updates the TCU software and fordpass is now working seamlessly.
Interesting that they had to update the TCU software to get FordPass working. In my case, the dealer configured it perfectly before I took delivery, and it has been working well ever since.

Quote:
Also got the leaked pipe checked, everything in order.
Did they own up to their mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
The thing is that Toyota has also announced price hike from April 2021 and that will make sure there is price difference between Endeavour and Fortuner.
Can't imagine the Fortuner touching half-a-crore mark! What is the world coming to

On another note - did a ~650 km round trip last week in the Endeavour, with a mix of 4-lane NH, 2-lane SH, and hilly terrain involving a few steep hairpin bends. Here is a quick summary of performance on each terrain type:
  • 4-lane NH: As expected, the Endeavour munched miles flawlessly and in absolute comfort. I did not cross 100 km/h, being the run-in phase and the car was on cruise-control for the better part of the journey. The experience of cruising in the Endeavour at 100 km/h - with transmission in 10th gear - is something that cannot be put in words. It is almost like sitting in an electric car with absolutely no noise from the engine as it chugs along at ~1500 rpm. In fact, the ride was so amazing that we ended up wishing that we should have planned for a more distant destination for our trip Overtaking was a breeze, even in "D" mode, wherein a sharp-ish jab on the throttle leads to the transmission dropping 2-3 gears in one go, to get the engine in its meat band ASAP. Icing on the cake was a FE of 13.8 km/lit being displayed on the MID for this stretch.
  • 2-lane SH: The Endeavour was a treat here as well, gobbling up all minor undulations and potholes without us feeling anything inside the cabin. It is on these kind of imperfect roads - with scarred surfaces, undulations, small potholes - that you realize the prowess of Endeavour's superb suspension setup. Overtaking was a breeze here as well, though the engine does get a little vocal in lower gears under hard-ish acceleration. Nothing too intrusive, though.
  • Hilly terrain: This was a pleasant surprise as I was expecting the 2.0 lit engine to struggle a wee bit. The Endeavour, however, tackled the terrain with ease, transmission cutting across 3rd-6th gears without a fuss. Encountered a few steep hairpins and I was happy to note that the Endeavour took these in 2nd/3rd gear with absolute panache, not needing the 1st gear at all. The car was extremely stable and handled very well for its size and mass, all thanks to the full-time 4wd setup. Do note that I did not engage the "S" mode at all, which I intend to do in hilly terrain going forward, once the run-in is over. This will help with engine braking to an extent, which is pretty much non-existent in "D" mode.

This drive was intended to be a pilot run primarily to gauge engine's performance, as I was certain about all other aspects of the Endeavour. I am glad to report that I am quite happy with the overall performance of the engine. While it is certainly not a blistering unit like that of the Fortuner, it does its job well and does not give you a reason to complain at all. In fact, it is just the right unit for a sedate driver like me, who rarely drives above 100-110 km/h and goes easy on the throttle in general. The overall FE for the trip - with a decent mix of 4/2-lane roads and hill driving - was a respectable 12.5 km/lit.

Do note, however, that if you are an aggressive driver and love frequent pedal to metal contacts, then the 2.0 lit EcoBlue will certainly leave you demanding for more! So, my sincere advice to folks who have fallen for the Endeavour, would be to take adequate number of test drives under all possible conditions before taking the plunge.

Last edited by cool_dube : 30th March 2021 at 11:52.
cool_dube is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 12:27   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Utterly ridiculous! I hope you have given them a piece of your mind.
Honestly I did not want to spoil the mood for myself and the family. So just visited the dealer to get it checked and moved on. The service GM was fairly responsive and offered to replace the pipe just to have a peace of mind.

Have driven for 250 km so far the drive is just sublime
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks