Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2021, 15:05   #301
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Do note, however, that if you are an aggressive driver and love frequent pedal to metal contacts, then the 2.0 lit EcoBlue will certainly leave you demanding for more! So, my sincere advice to folks who have fallen for the Endeavour, would be to take adequate number of test drives under all possible conditions before taking the plunge.
Similar views after my first 250KM on the Endeavour. Largely in city however empty stretches with less traffic. FE was 12.8 KMPL, however it drops considerably at lower speeds.

A lot has been said about Endeavour, my Top 10 (not in order!) likes are -

1. The suspension is super silent! This was my #1 buying criteria. In BRV the suspension was very noisy, not only every pothole was felt, it was also heard. Endeavour's suspension goes about its job in super silence, no sound reaches the cabin I just love it.

2. Noise insulation - a lot of folks cribbed about ANC being removed. I don't have any baggage of how was it then, but I am really impressed with the noise levels of my car. Very quiet cabin.

3. The music quality - it's outstanding. 11 speakers including subwoofer just make the songs sound so good.

4. The seats - very very comfortable. Coming from BRV the comfort is next level

5. Infotainment system - really responsive, quick. No glare, reflection and works like a charm. Very easy to use

6. AC - it's fantastic, cools the cabin really well

7. Self parking - this is just awesome. I use it all the time. Parking this car even in tight spots using self parking is really easy.

8. Global window close - I have habit of leaving the windows open while locking the car, while I am careful about checking before leaving the car, it was a added hassle to go back, push the ignition switch and then roll the windows up. Now its just long press of lock key on the remote and the windows roll-up.

9. Single button for all cabin lights - seems like a trivial feature but makes it really convenient

10. The gearbox - very quick. And when it reaches 9-10th gear, the car just glides without any noise! Its amazing

Not so good bits -

1. Engine - as all have said it's adequate. For a sedate driver like me it's perfect, anyways the size of this car makes me handle it gently. In general I use momentum to build speed rather than floor the pedal. However if you enjoy the quick acceleration then this is not for you.

2. Body roll - it's obviously expected given the height, however coming from BRV I feel it quite a bit. Need to get used to it.

3. Lack of cooled glove box - this was a terrible omission IMO. A cooled glove box is a god send for our summers

I have not done any accessories fitment except sunfilm and 7D mats. The sunfilm has however made huge difference.

This is just a start, many more miles to go!

Last edited by Sheel : 31st March 2021 at 08:07. Reason: Endy = Endeavour. Request you to type in full without any short forms / abbreviations. Thanks.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 10:18   #302
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Hi BHPians,

So finally got the delivery of my Endeavour today at Satyam Ford.

In short period of 5 minutes almost 10-15 liters of diesel was gone.

More importantly it was a major safety hazard as it could caught have fire.

Called the delivery guy, he rushed to the spot. Due to Friday the service station was closed (the car was exactly in the opposite direction of the service center!), the delivery executive got the service guy on the video call. Usual conversation on how it could have happened etc. happened. The delivery executive fixed the clip, and tried to see if the pipe is still loose. It wasn't.

Had to send the kids and wife on auto to home and took the car to get washed as it was reeking of diesel from outside.

Honestly, I understand that at the end of the day such things do happen, it's a machine, however, my confidence in the brand and vehicle is a bit shaken.

How did the QC and dealer PDI miss it is a question nobody is able to answer?

Need to take the vehicle to the service center just to make sure everything is alright.
Congratulations on the new Car..

another thing I wanted to point out is that one should never rely on the PDI of the Dealer.

A detailed PDI has to be done and also we should make sure that while doing the PDI, the engine has to get started to check if everything is working fine or not.

I do the PDI personally for my cars and friends as well, which will take a minimum of 30 to 45 minutes which includes all of these checks and also I do get the car on a ramp in the service center to check the under body as well.

I hope everything is working fine now and you will have an enjoyable drive on this machine.
pd_scorpio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 10:58   #303

Congratulations for your new car. Don't let this minor incident spoil the mood. Got my Endeavour BS6 in September 2020. My experience of taking the delivery was a 3 month long ordeal, but despite that the day after delivery and after driving for 10,000 kms, I can assure you that you will not regret your decision and will have cheerful memories with this car in future.
harwinder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 11:17   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd_scorpio View Post
Congratulations on the new Car..

I hope everything is working fine now and you will have an enjoyable drive on this machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harwinder View Post
Congratulations for your new car. Don't let this minor incident spoil the mood. Got my Endeavour BS6 in September 2020. My experience of taking the delivery was a 3 month long ordeal, but despite that the day after delivery and after driving for 10,000 kms, I can assure you that you will not regret your decision and will have cheerful memories with this car in future.
Thanks guys! Yes the car has no issue whatsoever. Anyways the dealer Service Team is responsive, they have ordered the pipe and will replace it just for my peace of mind. So all good.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 11:55   #305
BHPian

Hey, congrats on this new wonderful car. And wait, don't panic!

Quote:
Ford seems to have started on a wrong foot for me.

This can happen at times. Do you know what? When I took my first car home and parked it in the basement and was so damn excited to show my new car to my family. I took my family to the parking and showed them the car, and got inside to take them around in my FIRST NEW CAR. But the car just didn't start then, it was D-E-A-D. I had to call the A.S.S and they picked up my car the next day morning on a flatbed and returned me later in the evening.

And now after 2 years & 8 months clocking ~76000 beautiful kilometers, that was the one and the only issue I had on my car, my Changan EADO.

Last edited by kamilharis : 31st March 2021 at 12:09.
kamilharis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 15:41   #306
BHPian

Quote:
How did the QC and dealer PDI missed it is a question nobody is able to answer.

Seems to be a human error, but point about a PDI is exactly to catch this type of errors. The person botched up the PDI and the brand has to suffer. I can understand the nervousness you would feel every time you sent your vehicle for servicing!
Old 31st March 2021, 16:49   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Hey, congrats on this new wonderful car. And wait, don't panic!

And now after 2 years & 8 months clocking ~76000 beautiful kilometers, that was the one and the only issue I had on my car, my Changan EADO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjivvohra View Post
Seems to be a human error, but point about a PDI is exactly to catch this type of errors. The person botched up the PDI and the brand has to suffer. I can understand the nervousness you would feel every time you sent your vehicle for servicing!
Thanks guys. Honestly the pandemic has prepared all of us in a way to expect the unexpected. There is inherent understanding that things can go wrong. At least my mind got conditioned that way in the last 12 months.

So I have this incident behind me completely and it doesn't cross my mind at all while driving the car. Just the joy of driving the new car...that's all there is!
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 18:37   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys! Yes the car has no issue whatsoever. Anyways the dealer Service Team is responsive, they have ordered the pipe and will replace it just for my peace of mind. So all good.
Did the dealer offer you a fuel coupon in lieu of the 15 ltr fuel that you lost? IMO that should have been done considering it was on delivery day.
PraNeel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 18:45   #309
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car. It is a rather unfortunate event. But don't fret over it. Anyways you should be happy that it was diesel and not petrol. Diesel can't ignite that easily while petrol can.

This must be a mistake from the dealer, who must have tried to remove any air locks in the system. Your car must be perfectly fine.
OctYFAN is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 20:17   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,
So finally got the delivery of my Endeavour today at Satyam Ford.
The dealership experience so far had been good however the day of delivery turned out to be completely unexpected and pretty sad.
Congratulations on acquiring one the few visually true SUVs on our roads. Wish you unlimited safe, happy & fun filled miles with the brute ride. BTW - I'm contemplating issuing you a show-cause-notice. You purchased such a mighty car. And the only pictures you posted - are of specific areas of the engine bay, a bumper, a wheel and wasted diesel! That is simply not done .
Quote:
More importantly it was a major safety hazard as it could caught have fire.
While what you had to go through is certainly unacceptable and frustrating as a new car owner - thankfully this particular risk was rather low. There are very few circumstances under which spilled diesel on road/floor would catch fire, even lesser chances of that being spontaneous ignition. Diesel doesn't burn so easy. Had it been petrol etc - certainly I'd have had cold-feet and yet run away from the car for some time probably.

Last edited by Reinhard : 31st March 2021 at 20:38.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 21:15   #311
BHPian

Quote:
It does not seem that the pipe is faulty. Looks like a case of loose connection.
Old 31st March 2021, 22:55   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on acquiring one the few visually true SUVs on our roads. Wish you unlimited safe, happy & fun filled miles with the brute ride.
Thanks a lot! Here is a decent snap I managed to take. Hands are itching to take her for a long spin, however the Covid situation in MH is coming in a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
It does not seem that the pipe is faulty. Looks like a case of loose connection.

Correct, the pipe is not faulty. However they said let's replace it just to be sure. Ford customer care is pretty responsive I must say.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-whatsapp-image-20210331-10.52.29-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by ulhas.ahirrao : 31st March 2021 at 22:58. Reason: Added
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 23:28   #313
BHPian

Quote:
8. Global window close - I have habit of leaving the windows open while locking the car, while I am careful about checking before leaving the car, it was a added hassle to go back, push the ignition switch and then roll the windows up. Now its just long press of lock key on the remote and the windows roll-up.
Wow! I did not know about this feature! Was looking everywhere for detail on the remote key feature!

Quote:
I have not done any accessories fitment except sunfilm and 7D mats. The sunfilm has however made huge difference.
This is just a start, many more miles to go!
What type of sun films are these? Could please share more detail like is it legal pan India and cost?
Old 1st April 2021, 01:38   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post

What type of sun films are these? Could please share more detail like is it legal pan India and cost?
Nope. Sun films are illegal pan India. The Supreme Court in April 2012 had prohibited the use of tinted glass or sun films on windshields and windows of vehicles that restricted vision beyond the permissible limits fixed under the Motor Vehicles Act 1989.

http://jowaipolice.gov.in/Laws_and_R...ss_in_cars.pdf

However, there is an alternative to illegal tinted windows...

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...glass/1553106/
shaheenazk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 07:07   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Wow! I did not know about this feature! Was looking everywhere for detail on the remote key feature
Did you finally take delivery? If so, please share your driving experience and some snaps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks