Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 19:51   #196
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 333
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Like every other auto manufacturer, the semiconductor/steel shortage has hit Ford India real bad, and production is very slow and erratic. My delivery date continues to get pushed from early-Feb to mid-Feb, and now end-Feb.
The Ford customer support representative was complaining about problems at the plant when I spoke to him yesterday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
No discounts whatsoever on 2021 Endeavour and all 2020-manufactured cars are gone, as the demand is quite high. What I am being told is that many folks who were on the fence, waiting for the Fortuner facelift, have decided to go with the Endeavour given the atrocious price hike on the former - not sure if this is true or just dealer talk!
I was offered a really good discount a few months ago on a Sport - not sure what the current situation is...will update.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 20:05   #197
BHPian
 
motomonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 49
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Like every other auto manufacturer, the semiconductor/steel shortage has hit Ford India real bad, and production is very slow and erratic. My delivery date continues to get pushed from early-Feb to mid-Feb, and now end-Feb.
No discounts whatsoever on 2021 Endeavour and all 2020-manufactured cars are gone, as the demand is quite high.
Oh okay, I better hurry up and book mine too then! Before they start dropping more features

Will look out for your owner's review post delivery.

Cheers!
motomonk is offline  
Old 16th February 2021, 23:03   #198
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 80
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Like every other auto manufacturer, the semiconductor/steel shortage has hit Ford India real bad, and production is very slow and erratic. My delivery date continues to get pushed from early-Feb to mid-Feb, and now end-Feb. No discounts whatsoever on 2021 Endeavour
My friend has booked a 4x2 Automatic Titanium Plus from Bhagat Ford, Chandigarh. The dealer is saying the expected delivery time is April 10. He has got a cash discount of 26k. Other dealers in the town were saying that they wont be able to deliver the car before May. I guess the situation is particularly bad in the north.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 18:45   #199
BHPian
 
motomonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 49
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

In Bangalore, Black/White is 30-45 days waiting, and Diffused silver is 60 days waiting.

Will finalize the deal and book black Titanium+ 4x4 this week. Hoping to get at least a 50k discount. Excited as this is my 1st car.
motomonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 20:42   #200
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 333
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

A black Endeavour Sport in black just drove by me as I was driving my Safari Storme today - was not impressed, unfortunately.

The paint is really not that great, and I fail to understand why Ford keeps insisting on only the beige interior and chrome handles!

If I bought one, I would then wrap it in matte black I think, and try to find black seatcovers or something!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 17th February 2021 at 20:44.
SuperFlyBoy is offline  
Old 18th February 2021, 15:48   #201
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 3,469 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I was offered a really good discount a few months ago on a Sport
I guess it must be around Nov/Dec timeframe as a year-end stock clearance exercise. I was offered a good discount as well in December but I chose to forego it in favor of a 2021-manufactured vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Will look out for your owner's review post delivery.
I'm quite lousy at that but will try my best

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
Other dealers in the town were saying that they wont be able to deliver the car before May. I guess the situation is particularly bad in the north.
Waiting period is a minimum of 2 months here in the South as well. The situation might improve to an extent if the semiconductor crisis is resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Will finalize the deal and book black Titanium+ 4x4 this week.
Congratulations and all the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
A black Endeavour Sport in black just drove by me as I was driving my Safari Storme today - was not impressed, unfortunately.
I have never quite liked the looks of the Sport variant, in any color for that matter. Looks like a custom-mod job gone awfully bad, no offence to owners whatsoever. The regular trim looks much more elegant in my opinion. I wish Ford India offered more color options, though. I really liked the Smoke Grey color on the BSIV models - looked quite graceful.
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 17:02   #202
BHPian
 
motomonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 49
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I wish Ford India offered more color options, though. I really liked the Smoke Grey color on the BSIV models - looked quite graceful.
Did you check diffused silver? It is a mystery color, the brand new one I spotted on road looked so metallic and great in sun. But the demo vehicle in the parking space inside looked dull and pale.

Black looks great but when kept clean. Are you planning on any paint protection jobs? PPF looks expensive, whereas re-paint also might not be cheap and quality is always questionable.
motomonk is offline  
Old 18th February 2021, 17:36   #203
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 3,469 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Did you check diffused silver? It is a mystery color, the brand new one I spotted on road looked so metallic and great in sun. But the demo vehicle in the parking space inside looked dull and pale.
Concur with your observations on Diffused Silver. I guess it will retain its shine and look quite good if maintained well, as you can see in some of the promo videos from Ford India. On the demo cars looking pale, we all know how these are maintained This color will also be great from maintenance point of view as the car won't look dirty that easily. Will also hide minor scratches and dents quite well. Black is the exact opposite on all these fronts, BUT is matchless in looks when it comes to a big SUV like the Endeavour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Are you planning on any paint protection jobs? PPF looks expensive, whereas re-paint also might not be cheap and quality is always questionable.
Not decided yet. Am not a big fan of PPF, so in all probability, will get a basic ceramic coating done right after delivery and from thereon, a good annual detailing session should be enough. It is an SUV at the end of the day and battle scars should look good on it

Last edited by cool_dube : 18th February 2021 at 17:38.
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 17:51   #204
BHPian
 
motomonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 49
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Not decided yet. Am not a big fan of PPF, so in all probability, will get a basic ceramic coating done right after delivery and from thereon, a good annual detailing session should be enough. It is an SUV at the end of the day and battle scars should look good on it
Diffused silver has at least 2-3 weeks additional wait period over white/black as demand is less and thus manufactured less. I am more worried about notorious motorbike/auto drivers rubbing from the behind and sides! Think of getting some PPF protection on more scratch-prone areas and basic ceramic on the remaining. Too much of burn on the pocket though
motomonk is offline  
Old 18th February 2021, 18:42   #205
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Though color choice is personal preference, but you will not regret over diffused silver option . Initially i also had a big confusion whether black or diffused silver. Finally chose diffused silver and gone for complete PPF wrapping except the roof part in Krithi car care.

Most of my known ones gave a feedback(without asking) that, the color looking very nice

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-pxl_20210130_114438607.mp.jpg
smnrock is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 18:47   #206
BHPian
 
ulhas.ahirrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 233
Thanked: 289 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Test drove the Endeavour again and Fortuner for the first time, almost back-to-back (Fortuner old version, the new one is still not available for TD - SA was like 'why do you even have to TD it?, its Fortuner!")

Comparatively -

The only real positive I saw in Fortuner was (stating the obvious) the engine, it really pulls well compared to Endeavour. Off-course apart from that the brand trust, resale and peace of mind add to it.

However,

- The noise is quite a bit, it's significantly higher and I hated it
- The ride quality was bad, Kids in 3rd row absolutely did not approve of it
- The interiors (for the old version) felt utilitarian, no wow factor here
- Sun-roof! its missing and I must have it

While these are specific points, overall I just could not connect with the car the way I connected with the Endeavour. It was a clear no from within!

The SA tried to convince that the new version is better at this and that, however not having a TD vehicle is disappointing. He said it will come only in May sometime

Last edited by ulhas.ahirrao : 18th February 2021 at 18:49. Reason: Typo
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 21:10   #207
BHPian
 
motomonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 49
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Finally chose diffused silver and gone for complete PPF wrapping except the roof part in Krithi car care.
The car looks great and shiny! How much did it cost for full PPF and what brand did you opt for? How is your experience since then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
While these are specific points, overall I just could not connect with the car the way I connected with the Endeavour. It was a clear no from within!
'Conneced' feel on Endeavour seems to drive many buyers to choose it over Fortuner!
motomonk is offline  
Old 19th February 2021, 00:08   #208
Senior - BHPian
 
CEF_Beasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,068
Thanked: 12,695 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post

- The noise is quite a bit, it's significantly higher and I hated it
- The ride quality was bad, Kids in 3rd row absolutely did not approve of it
- The interiors (for the old version) felt utilitarian, no wow factor here
- Sun-roof! its missing and I must have it

While these are specific points, overall I just could not connect with the car the way I connected with the Endeavour. It was a clear no from within!

The SA tried to convince that the new version is better at this and that, however not having a TD vehicle is disappointing. He said it will come only in May sometime
Head to another Toyota dealer for a proper test-drive, I guarantee you the first two points are pretty much ironed out! Regarding interiors well they remain the same and yes sunroof is missing. But otherwise the Toyota is right up there this time around, the added oomph will definitely make you reconsider. But I agree Endeavour carries a more premium appeal compared to the Fortuner.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 19th February 2021 at 00:09.
CEF_Beasts is online now  
Old 20th February 2021, 11:15   #209
BHPian
 
ulhas.ahirrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 233
Thanked: 289 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
In Bangalore, Black/White is 30-45 days waiting, and Diffused silver is 60 days waiting.

Will finalize the deal and book black Titanium+ 4x4 this week. Hoping to get at least a 50k discount. Excited as this is my 1st car.
Great! Did you do self insurance? What kind discount offered by the dealer?
ulhas.ahirrao is offline  
Old 20th February 2021, 11:56   #210
BHPian
 
subbarp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 280
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Hi,

Did a longish test drive of the Endeavour.

Yes, the downgrade of power is somewhat evident but has been discussed enough. Did feel slight sluggishness as soon as you hit an empty stretch, before it starts pulling. Almost like, I heard you, let me do something about it. I would not call that a major concern in terms of my possible use case. It does pull well later.

Other than that just loved multiple other aspects (all discussed here previously, so will skip) - the ride, the premium feel, features, the solid build etc. And to a certain degree, these are possibly more important to me.

Did not hear engine noise at all - cannot say if it was because we had a lot of other noises coming in due to busy traffic or whether it was due to the BS6 and smaller engine. The advisor informed that the active noise cancellation is back due to popular demand - do not know if that is true or whether it was an older test drive vehicle that already had active noise cancellation. Could not check myself as it was getting dark/ late in the day.


Aspects noticed afresh and comments from family:

1. middle row passengers stated a few times that the seat belt buckles for the unused middle seat were troubling them and would not go into gaps in the seat. Minor aspect in my view and did not understand the fuss but they mentioned it a few times.

2. again there was no space for the mobile to be kept while it is charged by the middle row passengers. Possibly require to keep the phones in the front seat back pockets - not the most convenient. There is no USB but there is a workaround using the adaptor. Not the most elegant way but manageable.

3. Driving position was good overall but could not get reach (as there is no reach adjustment to get steering further out) so I could rest my right arm on the door arm rest or the left on the left arm rest. Again, not a major major issue but just wondering about this aspect on a long drive, having to drive with no arm rests that can be effectively used.


I would say, all of the above are minor aspects. The bigger one is to take a call on the various news items appearing and the future. For now, am ignoring all that. Was informed that the waiting period across colors is 60 days.

However, I do wish to compare before moving forward. I am now awaiting (endlessly) for that Fortuner test drive.


Thanks.
subbarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks