Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2020, 15:27   #91
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Did anyone notice the power figures on ford india site? Could be a mistake or its really in the making ?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-screenshot-20200919-3.15.48-pm.png  

HotChillyPepper is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 19:13   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Did anyone notice the power figures on ford india site? Could be a mistake or its really in the making ?
This is making my hopes high
Old 19th September 2020, 21:31   #93
Team-BHP Support

Good catch. It’s higher than before but not same as dual. So, I called a local dealership and as per him, there is no change. They have new vehicle and it’s more refined but he doesn’t know yet if the power is indeed higher or is this just a mistake.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th September 2020 at 21:33.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 07:52   #94
BHPian

Ford India should at least give it in 180ps of tune because that's what the international market gets for the single turbo version.
Old 21st September 2020, 01:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
This is incidentally the exact power output of 3.2 Duratorq TDCi Ranger in international markets - 200 PS(147 KW). The India website update could be the figures of new Sport Edition due for launch soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
They have new vehicle and it’s more refined but he doesn’t know yet if the power is indeed higher or is this just a mistake.

The much anticipated twin turbo(possibly in the second half of 2021 in the next gen model as per earlier Autocar report) in Endeavour seems to be a sequential twin turbo. Isn't that a 2.0 L engine churning out more power, let's say 220 bhp and 500 Nm with a single turbo, more preferred than a twin turbo.

In Twin turbo set up - the smaller turbo spins at lower rpms and the bigger one will take over once the engine gathers steam. Isn't this sequential twin turbo helpful only in city conditions and in higher rpms all exhaust gases are totally directed towards the larger turbo? If so only the larger turbo will be in play at higher rpm. Is twin turbo's benefit only limited to providing boost at lower rpms alone apart from reducing turbo lag

Experts may please chip in. Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st September 2020 at 08:00. Reason: typo
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 15:39   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Since the Ford Endeavour has already been reviewed by Team-BHP, this report will only focus on changes made to the 2020 car
Quick question - any changes to the underbody protection gear on the 2020 model? Is it better, worse, or remains the same?
Old 24th September 2020, 12:27   #97
Senior - BHPian

Picked up the new Ford Endeavour 2.0 in the Titanium 4X4 variant on the 7th of August, 2020. After having owned many urban SUV's or crossovers as some call them. This was my first proper butch off-road capable SUV.

Quite happy with the purchase!The ICE is simply brilliant. The ride seems pliant and dampening seems ideal for the horrid road conditions in many parts in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img_9647.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 12:43   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Since the Ford Endeavour has already been reviewed by Team-BHP, this report will only focus on changes made to the 2020 car
Hi Anshuman - a query on 4x4 hardware of the 2.0! Quoting from the official review of the Endeavour published back in 2016:

Quote:
Like the Fortuner, this is a full-time 4x4 drivetrain (rear biased), with torque on demand via an active transfer case. It will keep monitoring the driving conditions and transfer power between the front & rear wheels. In normal mode, it transfers 60 % of the torque to the rear wheels and 40 % to the front wheels. There is a low range (2.48:1) transfer case as well. The max speed in low range is 65 km/h (which is very respectable). The rear gets an electronic locking differential. This can be locked in manually, or automatically via some of the TMS driving modes.
As I understand it, there is no change to 4x4 hardware on the Endeavour from the initial (2016) model to the 2.0 one. Can you please confirm if the quote above holds true for 2.0 as well?

Last edited by cool_dube : 24th September 2020 at 12:47.
cool_dube is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 16:09   #99
BHPian

It has been mentioned in the official review that the endeavour is not a fast highway express anymore. But is it still a good performer under 80 km/h? Or does it lack punch even at those speeds? Can any 3.2 owners who have driven the 2.0 share their inputs?
Old 7th October 2020, 17:05   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
As I understand it, there is no change to 4x4 hardware on the Endeavour from the initial (2016) model to the 2.0 one. Can you please confirm if the quote above holds true for 2.0 as well?
The 4x4 hardware is the same.
In reference to the above quote, rear differentials cannot be locked automatically. They can be locked electronically using a button and on the fly upto 35 kmphr, after which they will disengage automatically. But once you again come down below 35 kmphr, they will re-engaage automatically.

Extract from the manual.
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-screenshot_20201007172153_adobe-acrobat.jpg

4L can only be engaged in N mode (Normal) and in R mode (Rock). The other two modes do not get 4L.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 7th October 2020 at 17:22.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 17:59   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The 4x4 hardware is the same
Thanks for the details! Much appreciated.

Just to confirm - the Endeavour is a full-time 4WD, right?
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 18:56   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just to confirm - the Endeavour is a full-time 4WD, right?
Yes. The Endeavour is a full time 4WD with a torque split of 60-40, with 60% going to the rear wheels.
There is no 2WD/Rear wheel drive option.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 14:45   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Can someone shed some light on this? Ford recently recalled all cars built from 2017-2019 over 10 speed gearbox transmission issues
Any further updates on this front? I have been interacting with Endeavour 2.0 owners and have been made aware of a few instances of transmission failures on cars run as low as 20K km!
Old 23rd October 2020, 14:50   #104
BHPian

Asking for a friend -> With the Bengaluru OTR prices being the most expensive in Country - Titanium 2WD at 37.7L, Titanium+ 2WD at 41.4L, Titanium+4WD is 43.3L and the black edition is 44L OTR... does the entry level Titanium makes a VFM buy over the other variants? He is ok with 2WD; is the price of the sunroof, knee airbag that demands a premium? assume can get the auto dimming IRVM, front parking sensors fitted OE at the dealership? while the other features are non essential?

What are the latest offers for Endeavour in Bangalore, particularly now that must be facing heat with the arrival of MG Gloster?
Old 23rd October 2020, 15:55   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
It has been mentioned in the official review that the endeavour is not a fast highway express anymore. But is it still a good performer under 80 km/h? Or does it lack punch even at those speeds? Can any 3.2 owners who have driven the 2.0 share their inputs?
Not true. I own the new 2.0 engine and have also driven the old 3.2 model extensively. It doesn't feel underpowered at 100 kmph. In fact, it rapidly drops several gears to put you in the meat band rather quickly (the old 3.2 never did that).

You won't ever feel like you're having to work the engine even above 120 KMPH.

As long as you're not looking to get that slammed back to the seat feeling when you put your foot down. This engine is more than adequate for everything.

P.S I don't quite get who would want to drive an Endeavour enthusiastically or at rather high speeds. This is an SUV, it has body roll, wobbles a bit due to its soft suspension and nose dives a little under hard braking.

I would never want to drive it like I would drive a BMW or another sedan. Thus, the power is actually more than adequate for an SUV.

Quote:
Any further updates on this front? I have been interacting with Endeavour 2.0 owners and have been made aware of a few instances of transmission failures on cars run as low as 20K km!
I heard a few Indian reviewers saying that it was a software issue and it was fixed a year or so ago. In short, if you look at the Thailand spec and Asian models, they never had this issue.

Somehow this was limited to the north American market. I still have my fingers crossed though. I've driven close to 4,000 kms so far and it's been a pleasant experience.

Last edited by rahul_jo : 23rd October 2020 at 15:59.
rahul_jo is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks