Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 16th May 2020, 18:05   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Found this interesting video on youtube:-

We don't know the reliability of this new smaller capacity engine but the engine+gearbox combo looks good and a befitting replacement to the 3.2L
Old 21st May 2020, 21:56   #62
BHPian

I finally got the delivery of the new 2.0 4X2 Endeavour the other day. It was a little frustrating at first because I paid them just before the lockdown and my car was stuck at their showroom for almost 2 months.

Nonetheless, here are some initial pictures (sorry for the poor quality, just trying to get things in order after the lockdown).

It is too early to mention any big likes and dislikes but in terms of initial impressions.

Likes -

1- Very punchy engine lower down. I test drove the 4x4 version but this 4x2 feels a lot peppier (maybe because it is almost 200 kgs lighter than the 4x4). It drops several gears to give you an instant surge of power and I had to be very gentle with the throttle in stop-go traffic.

2- Massive road presence (Usually the most obvious highlight of this car).

3- I personally find it very appealing look wise with the raptor grill on.

4- Great over pot holes and horrible patches of road. You don't even feel anything on mini speed breakers and road bumps. Giving you an almost hovercraft like feeling.

5- Absolutely amazing sound system. The 10 speaker system is splendid.

Dislikes -

1- The engine is somehow loud lower down. Not in a bad way, but you hear it a lot with the music turned off. I quite like the grunt, makes it feel sporty but might not be to everyone's taste.

2- The driver side pillar is a little thick, affecting all around visibility.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-20200521_201555.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-20200521_201620.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-20200521_202130.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 22nd May 2020 at 08:05. Reason: video in post not playing/accessible
rahul_jo is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 23:07   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
I finally got the delivery of the new 2.0 4X2 Endeavour the other day. It was a little frustrating at first because I paid them just before the lockdown and my car was stuck at their showroom for almost 2 months.

Lucky you and congratulations! Hey quick question, how come the wheels on your ride are different? They're not the ones that started coming out this gen and the one preceding it 2018-19 models too. The wheels on yours were on the 2016 makes.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 00:18   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Lucky you and congratulations! Hey quick question, how come the wheels on your ride are different? They're not the ones that started coming out this gen and the one preceding it 2018-19 models too. The wheels on yours were on the 2016 makes.
Thank you.

Exactly. I was a little surprised too when I saw this in person. I read the spec sheet multiple times and it didn't mention anything about different alloys. All it said was "Premium Alloy Wheels".

I read it again yesterday and realized that on my model Titanium it had a # sign at the top and at the bottom of the page, within the fine print it said - "Different design on the variant".

However, to my pleasant surprise, it looks quite good in person. The pictures don't do it justice. A part of me is liking these alloys slightly more than the other one's.

They have brought back the old alloys in the 2020 model for international markets too - https://www.ford.com.au/content/ford....full.high.jpg

Last edited by rahul_jo : 22nd May 2020 at 00:38.
Old 22nd May 2020, 18:22   #65
BHPian

BS6 Ford Endeavour introductory pricing extended by three months till July 31, 2020.

Endeavour went on sale on February 25, with prices ranging from Rs 29.55- 33.25 lakh, and it was to see a price increment of around Rs 70,000, post April 30.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-months-417379

Most Viewed