Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2021, 11:59   #406
BHPian
 
lalittalwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 247
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour base (Titanium) variant no longer listed on official website

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Base variant of the Ford Endeavour - 2.0l Diesel Titanium 4x2 AT - has been pulled off the official website of Ford India - https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ende...deavour-price/

With this move, the Ford Endeavour now comes with a starting ex-showroom price of INR 33,80,000 for 2.0l Diesel Titanium+ 4x2 AT
So, that explains why my booking was changed last month to Titanium+. Ford was going to get rid of the Titanium variant.

BTW, no news from the factory till now about when my car will be out . The sales guy keeps saying that the order bank from factory has not been sent, which is usually sent out by 4th or 5th of every month. Every time I talk to him, he says, "Sir, just wait for 2 days. the factory should send out the order bank anytime".

So, anyone out here with a booking got any upates from their dealers?
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 12:10   #407
BHPian
 
ankushbansal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Panipat
Posts: 25
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour base (Titanium) variant no longer listed on official website

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
So, that explains why my booking was changed last month to Titanium+. Ford was going to get rid of the Titanium variant.
=====
So, anyone out here with a booking got any upates from their dealers?
Seriously!, I am getting a gut feeling that something big is underway from Ford India, maybe some change in the lineup with consideration to its specs. This , i am saying because recently i got an extended warranty done for my BS6 Endeavour and the certificate i received read the variant as 2.0 Titanium + , Limited Edition. I am not sure what does that limited edition means.
Dealer has no clue about that.
ankushbansal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 13:02   #408
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 2,747
Thanked: 6,973 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour base (Titanium) variant no longer listed on official website

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Seriously!, I am getting a gut feeling that something big is underway from Ford India, maybe some change in the lineup with consideration to its specs. This , i am saying because recently i got an extended warranty done for my BS6 Endeavour and the certificate i received read the variant as 2.0 Titanium + , Limited Edition. I am not sure what does that limited edition means.
Dealer has no clue about that.
Factory was shut until May 29 and probably not open yet. Even if open they will prioritize earlier bookings first. Semiconductor shortage might just be adding to backlog.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 16:57   #409
BHPian
 
ulhas.ahirrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 225
Thanked: 277 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This is perfectly normal.

So, do not worry about gears being skipped.
Thanks. Not worried about skipping gears as I am aware that's how this gearbox works. My query was more on the higher revvs for upshifting from 1st gear, its a tad too late. Rest of the gears - absolutely fine.

Anyways, had my first service / check-up at 2500 kms. First time in my car ownership, KMs happened before service time interval, that too in lockdown! Can't get enough of driving this car, doing random rides for no reason!

Back to topic, so I raised the high RPMs thing and the TCM was updated. The shifts are definitely smoother.

Have also started using manual mode often just for the fun of it and liking it alot. Especially when speed is reduced frequently to single digits (e.g. to many speed-humps every few meters). While the upshift is manual, downshift is automatic in this mode. And the downshift does not happen till 3rd gear unless car comes to standstill. Hence the drivability in this mode for such roads is better.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 17:37   #410
BHPian
 
ankushbansal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Panipat
Posts: 25
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...2364/#leadform

Just came across this short review. The content appears quite explicit. Any difference of opinion, can be reinforcing for this thread
ankushbansal is offline  
Old 23rd June 2021, 21:37   #411
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 2,747
Thanked: 6,973 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...2364/#leadform

Just came across this short review. The content appears quite explicit. Any difference of opinion, can be reinforcing for this thread
The fuel efficiency is accurate though the figure might be slightly higher than ARAI rating. The acceleration figure might not be important for many and results here have to be taken with pinch of salt. During launch, most have claimed sub 11 sec 0-100 dash for 3.2L motor, while majority have claimed 12.5-13.5S for new 2.0L motor. Again 0-100 is not of much importance here but ability to cruise at speeds above 110 where the 3.2L is lot more comfortable. Current motor is refined but NVH inside is probably same as earlier, thanks to Ford for deleting Active noise cancellation feature.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 11:40   #412
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,184
Thanked: 2,666 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Just came across this short review. The content appears quite explicit. Any difference of opinion, can be reinforcing for this thread
While I have not clocked my timings for 0-100 km/h runs or kickdowns, I am not surprised by these results, given the lovely 10-speed gearbox that does a phenomenal job at covering up where the smaller 2.0 lit engine falls short on performance, compared to the 3.2 lit engine. I have had a very brief stint with the Endeavour 3.2 while evaluating my options in the pre-owned market. Needless to say, it felt more powerful compared to my Endeavour 2.0 but the gearbox on the 3.2 was nowhere as impressive, and seemed unable to tap the full potential of that beast of an engine.

That said, if I look at the 2.0 lit engine in isolation, it is far from being underpowered, unless one is looking for blistering performance. It does its job very well over all sorts of terrain, with added advantages of:
  • Low NVH levels and relaxed cruising - chugs along at ~1500 rpm while the SUV is doing 100 km/h
  • Great FE - I extracted ~14 km/lit on one of my highway runs, of course with a light foot. That's a big relief, given the atrocious diesel price these days. Additionally, this gives me an excellent cruising range of ~1000 km on a tankful

Net-net, if one is on the verge of dropping Endeavour 2.0 from his/her shopping list just because of the smaller engine, I'd request a couple of test drives before taking the call.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by cool_dube : 24th June 2021 at 11:44.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 18:55   #413
BHPian
 
ankushbansal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Panipat
Posts: 25
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

One thing in the comparison chart that's making me think is the drivetrain !
It says Four wheel drive for 3.2 AT & All wheel drive for 2.0 AT.

So, does that means there is a mechanical difference in both the versions or its just an editor error.
ankushbansal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 20:53   #414
Senior - BHPian
 
ruzbehxyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: MH02 to MH46
Posts: 1,186
Thanked: 4,084 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
One thing in the comparison chart that's making me think is the drivetrain !
It says Four wheel drive for 3.2 AT & All wheel drive for 2.0 AT.

So, does that means there is a mechanical difference in both the versions or its just an editor error.
Both Endeavours 3.2 4x4 AT and 2.0 4x4 AT are Full time 4WD vehicles.
The major differences are engine capacity, engine cylinders, torque + HP figures and gearbox.

The major difference between AWD and 4WD is that 4WD has low range gearbox (4L) and locking differentials probably.
In both cases the engine povides torque to all four wheels.

Eg. Mahindra XUV5OO AWD is an AWD vehicle while Scorpio 4x4 is 4WD as it has low range gears. But the Scopio has option for 2H, 4H and 4L and hence is not a Full time 4WD vehicle.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 24th June 2021 at 20:59.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 13:23   #415
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 39 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Hi everybody,

I was all set to purchase the new Ford Endeavour when I read this on the forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
The guy in the video talks about engine design fault and issue in the 10-speed gearbox on long term reliability

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=wEQvXFHP-tg&t=588s

I know this video has been discussed already, albeit briefly. The vlogger might indeed be whipping up a controversy to get views. I agree. However, rejecting message because the messenger lacks credibility would be an ad hominem response. His methodology with respect to looking for customer experiences is sound. Many platforms tend to reach India a few years after they have been introduced globally. Therefore its logical to read how technology has aged in the west. I am not technically qualified to opine. However, there are others vloggers who are talking about it as well:




Specifically, as for the transmission snafu, Ford might have fixed the issue through recalls. I really want to believe its a non issue. This owner claims switching off adaptive learning solved the problem:



I have begun to have early discussions with Ford dealerships. They don't seem to have heard customer complaints on the transmission. Ford is also offering a five year extended warranty. There is even a TMP cover which includes all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance costs (labour, consumables, etc.). This instils confidence.

Requesting the owners to please share their feedback.

@ulhas.ahirrao, you mentioned that your transmission might be misbehaving. Have you found a fix?

Thanks in advance
schwartz is offline  
Old 27th June 2021, 14:25   #416
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 82
Thanked: 394 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartz View Post
Specifically, as for the transmission snafu, Ford might have fixed the issue through recalls. I really want to believe its a non issue. This owner claims switching off adaptive learning solved the problem:
Ford designed a 10 speed AT with GM. I have trust issues with Ford, but GM is worse than that when it comes to reliability. Then there have been many recalls of 10 speed AT in vehicles such as Ford Transit. I am not sure if Endeavour has the same gearbox. Nevertheless 10 speed being one of the newest transmission tech will have it's share of niggles and reliability concerns. It's the same case with any brand, newer tech needs time to be declared reliable. Even Toyota's 8 speed transmission in Sienna and Highlander had issues and there is a class action lawsuit going on. Although the issues seems to be fixed and even the new LC300 comes with 8 speed if I am not wrong (not sure if its the same one as other models). And we all are aware with Toyota's DPF issues in Australia. In that sense, I am happy Toyota stuck with the proven 6 speed AT in Fortuner and improving the existing engine rather than going for a complete overhaul. New tech, new problems.

Regarding the vlogger, Scotty is a big Toyota fan boy but he has also criticised whenever Toyota screwed up. He absolutely hates American carmakers for their reliability concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartz View Post
I have begun to have early discussions with Ford dealerships. They don't seem to have heard customer complaints on the transmission. Ford is also offering a five year extended warranty. There is even a TMP cover which includes all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance costs (labour, consumables, etc.). This instils confidence.
The facelift Endeavour was launched just before Covid lockdowns, so not many miles have been munched by customers to judge its reliability and so it's too early to come up with problems without driving much. You need to wait for at least 1 more year to get tangible feedback. But even if problems have been reported to the dealership, they won't tell you "Yes there are many problems, don't buy our car". Your best bet is look for user reviews online.

The main problem is that Ford hardly trains their service staff to handle these latest technologies. In fact even though TDCi engines are very common, the service centre couldn't fix my Fiesta's engine problem for 2 years. How many Ford service engineers do you think have any experience with 10 speed transmission? Even most of the engineers of other brands in India won't have any experience with it. By the time the Ford service centres gained experience with 6 speed AT, the 10 speed was launched. So whenever there is a problem the only solution is replacement without even understanding the root cause and I honestly would hate to see my car's critical parts like transmission and engine being replaced in a dealership.

There have been reports of Endeavour's 3.2 gearbox failing in this very forum. One user had also reported there were 4 other Endeavours in the same dealership with the similar gearbox failure. So you can guess the extent of the problem. One 3.2 user recently reported some issues where his transmission was replaced but the problem didn't go away and the Ford service engineer even recommended him to sell the car as he had to change engine of few other Endeavour's after 1 lakh kms. Having been a Ford customer with a hell of engine issues, I have seen a number of engine and gearbox out in the open of many during my umpteen repair visits. But the kind of cars Ford makes, Toyota would have been out of business only if Ford was as reliable as Toyota. So I say wait for some more time if you need feedback on 10 speed AT.

Last edited by Technic90 : 27th June 2021 at 14:37.
Technic90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 16:50   #417
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,184
Thanked: 2,666 Times
Default First (free) service and AdBlue top-up

A quick update on first free service of my Endeavour:

As per owner's manual, first (free) service for Endeavour 2.0 is to be done at 2,500 km or 3 months from the date of sale, whichever falls earlier. I was munching miles quite well over the first 2 months of ownership - having crossed the 2,000 km mark within 45 days of ownership - and was quite confident of reaching 2,500 km on the odo much prior to the stipulated timeframe of 3 months. However, novel Corona virus had other plans for the human race! Bangalore entered another lockdown and the Endeavour crossed its third month of ownership with minimal running. Eventually, ended up getting the first service done at an odometer reading of 2,250 km as soon as the lockdown eased out.

The first service is more of an inspection and no consumables are changed. Got it done at PPS Ford, Yelahanka - took just about a couple of hours, as I did not have any complains. All was reported well. Wanted to get AdBlue topped up as well, although the range being shown on the MID was a healthy 3,500 km. However, thanks to lockdown, they did not have any in stock. I requested them to let me know once it is back in stock.

Got a call earlier this week that they have AdBlue in stock now. Drove down to the service station and got it tanked up. Interestingly, they are still using AdBlue cans with M&M branding - probably, stocked up from the JV days The car gulped about 9.5 lit of AdBlue and I was charged at the rate of Rs. 66 per lit (incl. GST). With a full tank of AdBlue (capacity 18 lit), the MID shows the range as 7,500 km. Hope it lasts till my second service at 10,000 km/1 yr of ownership.

Desperately waiting to hit the highway!

Last edited by cool_dube : 29th June 2021 at 16:52.
cool_dube is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 09:41   #418
BHPian
 
ankushbansal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Panipat
Posts: 25
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: First (free) service and AdBlue top-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
A quick update on first free service of my Endeavour:

As per owner's manual, first (free) service for Endeavour 2.0 is to be done at 2,500 km or 3 months from the date of sale, whichever falls earlier. I was munching miles quite well over the first 2 months of ownership - having crossed the 2,000 km mark within 45 days of ownership - and was quite confident of reaching 2,500 km on the odo much prior to the stipulated timeframe of 3 months. However, novel Corona virus had other plans for the human race! Bangalore entered another lockdown and the Endeavour crossed its third month of ownership with minimal running. Eventually, ended up getting the first service done at an odometer reading of 2,250 km as soon as the lockdown eased out.

The first service is more of an inspection and no consumables are changed. Got it done at PPS Ford, Yelahanka - took just about a couple of hours, as I did not have any complains. All was reported well. Wanted to get AdBlue topped up as well, although the range being shown on the MID was a healthy 3,500 km. However, thanks to lockdown, they did not have any in stock. I requested them to let me know once it is back in stock.

Got a call earlier this week that they have AdBlue in stock now. Drove down to the service station and got it tanked up. Interestingly, they are still using AdBlue cans with M&M branding - probably, stocked up from the JV days The car gulped about 9.5 lit of AdBlue and I was charged at the rate of Rs. 66 per lit (incl. GST). With a full tank of AdBlue (capacity 18 lit), the MID shows the range as 7,500 km. Hope it lasts till my second service at 10,000 km/1 yr of ownership.

Desperately waiting to hit the highway!

I got my first service done just at about 90 days mark but little over driven @ 2600km. Though the AdBlue range was 2300 kms ( approx) at that time but the Diesel particulate filter warning light started flashing on the MID. Luckily , the dealer at Panipat had well stocked the DEF ( Velvex ). Mine gulped approx 12 litres of ADBlue at 2600 kms on ODO. So, i feel it also depends upon the driving conditions and the drivers character.
Additional job done in my first service was about the Ford Pass issue which was behaving erratic since i bought the vehicle. But it was successfully resolved by changing the module after which it is a breeze.

So adding to my ownership experience till date, i can say that the service technicians and engineers are aware to handle these latest technologies. But yes, still many miles to go, before i prove that true

Last edited by ankushbansal : 30th June 2021 at 10:05.
ankushbansal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 10:33   #419
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 2,747
Thanked: 6,973 Times
Default Re: First (free) service and AdBlue top-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Got a call earlier this week that they have AdBlue in stock now. Drove down to the service station and got it tanked up. Interestingly, they are still using AdBlue cans with M&M branding - probably, stocked up from the JV days The car gulped about 9.5 lit of AdBlue and I was charged at the rate of Rs. 66 per lit (incl. GST). With a full tank of AdBlue (capacity 18 lit), the MID shows the range as 7,500 km. Hope it lasts till my second service at 10,000 km/1 yr of ownership.
18Lts should easily last 10K KMs? Did you check with Ford if its ok to use AdBlue available outside? I see some of the fuel stations have started selling DEF. Toyota had recommended to avoid until there is some clarity. I personally I don't think there is any rocket science in AdBlue but would like to hear approaches from other manufacturers too.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 15:54   #420
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,184
Thanked: 2,666 Times
Default Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Mine gulped approx 12 litres of ADBlue at 2600 kms on ODO. So, i feel it also depends upon the driving conditions and the drivers character.
The amount taken in for first tankful depends on the level of AdBlue that the vehicle came with, at the time of sale. A tankful-to-tankful measure would be the best way to gauge. Moreover, as you rightly said, it depends a lot on driving style/conditions - city driving as well as spirited driving increases consumption. What is the range being shown for you now, after the tankful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Additional job done in my first service was about the Ford Pass issue which was behaving erratic
What were the issues being faced? Also, are first service details visible for you in FordPass? I do not see mine yet, even after 2 weeks. I have reported this to Ford customer care and they are looking into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
18Lts should easily last 10K KMs?
As per the SA, a tankful of AdBlue lasts for about 8,000 km, give or take 500 km, depending on driving conditions/style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Did you check with Ford if its ok to use AdBlue available outside? I see some of the fuel stations have started selling DEF. Toyota had recommended to avoid until there is some clarity. I personally I don't think there is any rocket science in AdBlue but would like to hear approaches from other manufacturers too.
I have not checked with them specifically on this, but will do so for sure. I will not be surprised if they raise warranty-related concerns on this!
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks