Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2021, 17:15   #391
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Come 2021 competition and even cars from lower segment have moved on but Endeavour's engine went in opposite direction. As a standalone 2.0L is decent offering adequate power but when you compare, it falls short by big margin. That's not discounting other strengths of Endeavour and upto individual to pick based on their preference and if engine meets your needs, perfect.
I agree with you on the point that when you end up dragging against a Fortuner today, you may end up coming out with a bruised ego. but that just about it. Just to give an analogy, just for my usual mundane, everyday tasks of using powerpoints, browsing, outlook and excel,Ii don't need an i7; an i3 would do all these jobs perfectly fine. But, when I might end up in a match for video encoding, my processor will fall short and will take much longer.

Now, as you said, it is up to the user to decide whether they want to have a do-it-all whose capabilities they will use often, or have something with slightly lower capability, which will be compromise in one off situations for them. Justifications lie with the users.

Ofcourse, more power and more capability is always better, if nothing else is considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Ford management did not expect Toyota to bump up the price so much, had they known they would have launched Bi Turbo and priced at a premium of 2L in 2019, which in 2021 would have turned out to be great value.
that I completely agree with. with Ford going through multiple rounds of price increases, barring the Titanium variant, others have gone up by more than 2L in one year already, and I am worried that with the new Fortuner and the new MUX pricing, and Ford having a full order book, they might be tempted to hike the price further, even without the bi-turbo engine.
Old 2nd June 2021, 19:28   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
This is very much the case, as the difference in performance and mileage between the 4x4 and 4x2 Endeavour is due to 2 big factors
Spot on!

Quote:
if you aren't going to be taking your car to the sand dunes and really treacherous terrain, then 4x4 makes little sense.
Agree. However, while one might not indulge in recreational off-roading, a 4x4 setup does provide that extra bit of confidence when you are on an outstation trip and want to take on the challenges thrown by mother nature.

Quote:
So for a 168 bhp vehicle, it should be a walk in the park.
Absolutely! Please read my review on a few hill drives (here (Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing))), if not already done so.

Quote:
I am worried that with the new Fortuner and the new MUX pricing, and Ford having a full order book, they might be tempted to hike the price further, even without the bi-turbo engine.
That could happen, for sure! However, you should be "price protected" by the dealer, should a hike happen before your delivery. Please get a commitment on this from the dealer. In my case, there was a round of price hike post my booking the vehicle and before I took delivery - however, I paid the booking price only.
Old 6th June 2021, 15:14   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Endeavour tops the list among full sized SUV sales in May 2021

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-0f48c3d501c747628f26d67163cd6fca.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 20:11   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Endeavour tops the list among full sized SUV sales in May 2021

Attachment 2164481
That's extremely strange. Wonder why the sales figures of the Fortuner plummeted so drastically this month. Stocking woes, probably?
SgtRepeat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 21:31   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
That's extremely strange. Wonder why the sales figures of the Fortuner plummeted so drastically this month. Stocking woes, probably?
Toyota closed plant from 22nd April to 14th May for maintenance and then Covid 2nd wave lockdown happened which was much severe in Karnataka especially around Bangalore, so the plant was hardly operation in May. These numbers are factory dispatches not dealership sales, so either they produced only 15 in May or those 15 belong to April month but dispatched in May.
Old 9th June 2021, 09:08   #396

Hello,
I wanted to ask about an issue I'm facing with my new Endeavour sport.
The electronic tailgate seems to have some problem closing with the Close Tailgate button in the tailgate.
Upon trying each of the tailgate opening methods (1. Next to the steering wheel, 2. On the tailgate, 3. Double pressing the dedicated button on the key, 4. Swinging a foot under the rear bumper) it opens fully (however looks like it goes up all the way in an uncontrolled manner like normal hydraulic struts and not an electronic tailgate). When pressing the 'close tailgate' it gives three chimes and the tailgate lifts for about 6 inches and then stops (does not come down, but goes up)

I had to manually pull down the tailgate to close it (I might have caused damage to the system by doing this but however I could not leave it open) and have never opened it again to avoid any untoward damage to the mechanics or electronics. Also the Ford service station being closed owing to the lockdown restrictions, I have no choice but to live with it. Also this is saddening as my vehicle is only 6 days old.

Some points to consider:
1. I've googled issue but have not found any satisfying content which could hint towards my problem.
2. Endeavour's owner's manual has pages describing the opening and closing function of the electronic tailgate but only covers the point : the tailgate will not close if it detects any obstruction while closing and will give out 5 chimes. (Note: My boot is empty, it gives out 3 chimes and no warning is displayed on the MID)
3. Car is brand new! only a week from delivery, the tailgate was functioning effectively during the PDI. VIN of the car reads manufacturing of May 2021.
4. Rest all features of the car work seamlessly and there's no abnormal warnings or chimes whatsoever.
5. The first 2500km / 1 month service is yet to be conducted, however I cannot wait so long to get a crucial issue fixed.

If anyone could help me;
I want to resolve this myself for following reasons:
1. Service station can dupe me considering my lack of knowledge.
2. Service station can worsen a smaller issue by applying excess of logic to things they possibly don't understand or don't know the exact cause of; (read about a post on the forum where the entire gearbox was overhauled for rattling noise and the owner was billed for a huge amount while the culprit was a small vestigial plastic tag which usually would fall off by itself or torn off)
4. I might be superstitious, but new vehicle going to the garage for repairs in its first week is something that displeases me. (doesn't mean that I'll not take my car to the service station at all, if need be, it has to be done)

If anyone knows about this, please let me know.
Regards,

Jai Hind!
Old 9th June 2021, 10:01   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertknight73 View Post
Upon trying each of the tailgate opening methods (1. Next to the steering wheel, 2. On the tailgate, 3. Double pressing the dedicated button on the key, 4. Swinging a foot under the rear bumper) it opens fully (however looks like it goes up all the way in an uncontrolled manner like normal hydraulic struts and not an electronic tailgate). When pressing the 'close tailgate' it gives three chimes and the tailgate lifts for about 6 inches and then stops (does not come down, but goes up)
"however looks like it goes up all the way in an uncontrolled manner like normal hydraulic struts and not an electronic tailgate", this mostly is the root cause. Possibly the struts are bad? If true, better to wait to get this checked from Ford, they will be happy to rectify/replace under warranty.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 10:09   #398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had to manually pull down the tailgate to close it (I might have caused damage to the system by doing this but however I could not leave it open) and have never opened it again to avoid any untoward damage to the mechanics or electronics.
No, usually it should not get damaged by manually closing. How many times, have you tried and it got stuck? If only a couple, you can try again today. Just use any one method, perhaps, the key or directly at the boot and see. Can be a one-off case too and may go away on its own.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 10:44   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
I wanted to ask about an issue I'm facing with my new Endeavour sport.
The electronic tailgate seems to have some problem closing with the Close Tailgate button in the tailgate.
The Tailgate will not close or open if the battery voltage drops below certain threshold limit. Although your car is new, new Ford Endeavor is known for quick battery discharge even in first year. Are you driving enough during lockdown?
Also tail gate is designed for manual opening & closing as well so rest assured you can't damage any system by closing the tailgate manually.

I would suggest you to take the car to ASC. Its brand new car and there is absolutely no reason Ford will dupe you or blame you. It will be rectified or parts replaced free of cost without any blink.
Wanderers is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 12:17   #400
BHPian

There is an anti pinch sensor placed in the top. (marked in red circle in the below photo).
Hope you are not pressing it unknowingly while the door is getting closed.

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-boot-area.png

Also, the liftgate will raise again if it senses some obstacle in closing area.
Esp if you install the 3D mats, pls be sure that the edges of the 3D mats are not in the way of obstructing the latch. My friend's car had same issue & it was his mat not properly placed.
Old 12th June 2021, 22:35   #401
BHPian

Hi folks, this is my first automatic and there is something that is bothering me. Reaching out to you for guidance. This is regarding how the gear shifts from standstill.

What I have observed is when I move from standstill, the first gear upshift happens when the engine revvs quite a bit. And most of the times it moves to 3rd gear. My problem is with the high revvs. Given I have been using petrol cars so far, this high revving diesel in the first gear bothers me a lot.

Is this normal? Are you guys also experiencing similar driving characteristics while moving from standstill.
ulhas.ahirrao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 10:02   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaboy View Post
Hi Livnletcarsliv,
Are you sure Ford DNA of build, Ride & handling are missing in BS6 version?
I also don't own an Endeavour, but with the drive I did on my friends BS6 version, I don't think so & the character remains same except for the Powertrain. I will leave it to the Endeavour owners to comment further.

I will still vote for Endeavour & I think it will loose only to Fortuner on reliability & excluding that, its a really well rounded car.

Hi Fiestaboy. I totally agree with your point here. Being an owner of BS6 Endeavour which i bought after selling my 2019 Fortuner, i can vouch for the character of Ford Endeavour and its build quality, ride as well as handling. None of them is missing or even compromised. Powertrains though look little on paper , but believe me they are not when the beast is in action. The small spec engine is a part of evolution i believe, the auto industry is going through and FORD is amongst the first few who have done that. Having said that, twin turbo would had definitely been an icing on the cake. But that would come with a cost and i am sure the pool of critics ( which is good for healthy discussion) will change from powertrains to over priced cars in india.
ankushbansal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 11:22   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
How is the throw of the headlamps, low/high beam? If possible can you attach a picture of both.
Here is a picture each. Apologies for a delayed response and average picture quality. Hope this helps.

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-low.jpg
Low beam - note the crisp cut-off

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-high.jpg
High beam

Quote:
The electronic tailgate seems to have some problem closing with the Close Tailgate button in the tailgate
Looks like some alignment/setting issue with the tailgate mechanism. Should not be a major problem. Please have it checked at Ford ASC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Is this normal? Are you guys also experiencing similar driving characteristics while moving from standstill.
This is perfectly normal. All automatic transmissions upshift at a slightly higher RPM compared to a typical manual upshift pattern, especially at lower gears. This is to avoid/minimize clutch wear and tear. By virtue of being a 10-speed unit, Endeavour's transmission is capable of skipping multiple gears in one go - both during upshift as well as downshift - to keep the engine in its meat-band. So, do not worry about gears being skipped. After the initial few months, I stopped looking at gear display on the console - let the transmission do its job in peace while you enjoy the view outside

FYI - the transmission is in a constant "learning" mode and its behavior changes over time, as it gauges the driving pattern of its new owner. Here is an excerpt from owner's manual:

Quote:
Automatic Transmission Adaptive Learning

This feature may increase durability and provide consistent shift feel over the life of your vehicle. A new vehicle or transmission may have firm shifts, soft shifts or both. This operation is normal and does not affect function or durability of the transmission. Over time, the adaptive learning process fully updates transmission operation.
Enjoy your Endeavour without worrying about transmission behavior. You will soon get used to it

Here is a latest picture of my Endeavour, from a short drive around outskirts of Bangalore. It is as eager to hit the highway again, as I am!

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-endy.jpg
cool_dube is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 10:55   #404
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour base (Titanium) variant no longer listed on official website

Base variant of the Ford Endeavour - 2.0l Diesel Titanium 4x2 AT - has been pulled off the official website of Ford India - https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ende...deavour-price/

With this move, the Ford Endeavour now comes with a starting ex-showroom price of INR 33,80,000 for 2.0l Diesel Titanium+ 4x2 AT
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-endy_pl.jpg  

Last edited by cool_dube : 15th June 2021 at 10:58.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 12:11   #405
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour base (Titanium) variant no longer listed on official website

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Base variant of the Ford Endeavour - 2.0l Diesel Titanium 4x2 AT - has been pulled off the official website of Ford India - https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ende...deavour-price/

With this move, the Ford Endeavour now comes with a starting ex-showroom price of INR 33,80,000 for 2.0l Diesel Titanium+ 4x2 AT
So the difference between Endeavour and Fortuner now is 1.5L. In a years time these will be hitting 50L mark. Atleast on paper Ford should have retained base variant. Even though not many prefer, a low entry price lures lot of customer even though end up buying higher variant. A distant relative of mine recently mentioned Endeavour and Fortuner is available at 38L on road, though he was not aware of the variants, engine or transmission.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks