Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 11:07   #541
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Had my first Service experience post Ford's closure in India.
It was not a routine service but for AdBlue top-up and software update. With Satyam Ford Thane.

While these are early days after exit, I must say the experience was fantastic and nothing has changed on ground.

Even though it was not a routine service, the car was still delivered completely washed, spic and span.

Relieved for now that service is in good hands in my area!
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 22:03   #542
BHPian

Hi

Where in Mumbai did you get your car serviced

Should I send it to Satyam Thane from where I bought my car or try Bhavna Ford at BKC

My first service for Endeavour is coming up in a few days

How do I check if my car needs the software update ? Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
It was not a routine service but for AdBlue top-up and software update. With Satyam Ford Thane.

While these are early days after exit, I must say the experience was fantastic and nothing has changed on ground.

Even though it was not a routine service, the car was still delivered completely washed, spic and span.

Old 15th November 2021, 12:21   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirdamo View Post
Hi

Where in Mumbai did you get your car serviced
Its Satyam Ford - Thane GB Road

Quote:

My first service for Endeavour is coming up in a few days

How do I check if my car needs the software update ? Thanks in advance
So basically 2 ways,
1 - the updates will show when the dealership will connect the laptop to the OBD
2- Sync shows the available update when connected to WIFI hotspot

ON the SYNC update, more info -

1. It is possible that SYNC update is not visible on laptop
2. What I did was to download the latest SYNC for my car from Ford Owners portal in an USB and then install it. It was a very seamless process and there is a thread on TBHP on that
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 11:58   #544
BHPian

Quote:

Had a similar experience at PPS Ford service station at Bangalore Yalahanka. The whole team was very proactive, the service was of the highest order and I have no complaints (except when they tried t upsell some service which was not required viz 'chemical cleaning of AC' - but with a twinkle in their eye!).
I had a long chat with the service manager on where they see the service standard going, and though I feel he was being politically correct, he did mention that they may merge service stations in the long run (I think they have two in Bangalore). He also said that with the current population of Ford cars on the road, they will be comfortable in their service business for the next 5 years or so.

Hopefully, that is the case, since I do not plan on selling my Endeavour 3.2 till it starts falling apart, hopefully, many years down the road!
Sanjivvohra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 08:27   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjivvohra View Post
Had a similar experience at PPS Ford service station at Bangalore Yalahanka. The whole team was very proactive, the service was of the highest order and I have no complaints
Absolutely. Even PPS Ford Pune is very professional and proactive. The people there from top to bottom are very knowledgeable and help you out to solve the issues. However I have learnt that many service centers have already started stocking "bare minimum" spares and this is anyway going to be a big issue in the future. The problem is that it has already started from now.
Old 22nd November 2021, 08:30   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjivvohra View Post
Hopefully, that is the case, since I do not plan on selling my Endeavour 3.2 till it starts falling apart, hopefully, many years down the road!
By that time aftermarket parts even for the Endeavour will have grown. Right now I can’t find eg oil filters from at least 6-7 brands for the Endeavour, only the Ford oem ones. For the ecosport / fiesta / figo there’s wide support.
Old 27th November 2021, 18:53   #547
BHPian

Eventually i am getting the habit of driving my 2.0 L Endeavour in (S) mode for regular use, be it a local drive or on a Highway

Can members advice me with there expertise if it is sensible to ditch the (D) mode ? Any long term adverse effects on the Engine and its maintenance ?

As the Engine is revving much more in S mode and for noticeable longer duration when off the pedal, i feel a sense of added wear & tear on the Engine and the Brake pads
ankushbansal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 01:49   #548
BHPian

Hi,

I too have a similar query. I do notice a difference in engine performance between D and S mode, and also wonder how much difference it will make to FE if we were to run it it in S always

Since my car is still in run in period around 2k done so far (guess i need to careful upto 5k km) I try and drive in D mode instead of S and avoid rapid acceleration

There are several guys out there who retune their engines, I know one who did for his brand new Thar last year without much long term damage so far

Brake pads I believe shouldn’t be a major cost to replace, and it may not really wear out that much faster by using S mode

I am starting to line the linear nature of 2.0 Diesel auto in D mode, just floor it a bit more and the power comes in quite nice and smooth and works well in city driving

Only issue i feel is that, occasionally you hear a a bit more of the engine roar at low speeds if the cabin is quiet and you try to listen intently under 40 kmph

Like all other cars, I hope this engine & transmission will grow on me over time

Cheers & Happy Motoring !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Eventually i am getting the habit of driving my 2.0 L Endeavour in (S) mode for regular use, be it a local drive or on a Highway

Can members advice me with there expertise if it is sensible to ditch the (D) mode ? Any long term adverse effects on the Engine and its maintenance ?

As the Engine is revving much more in S mode and for noticeable longer duration when off the pedal, i feel a sense of added wear & tear on the Engine and the Brake pads
sudhirdamo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 09:20   #549
BHPian

Quote:
how much difference it will make to FE if we were to run it it in S always
To my surprise, approx last 500 kms of dedicated S mode drive ( mixed highway and city) , it has not shown much of a difference in the FE despite significant difference in the performance .

For my driving style and similar conditions, It was about 10 in the D mode and 9.5 in the S mode.
ankushbansal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 18:35   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Quote:
Since my car is still in run in period around 2k done so far (guess i need to careful upto 5k km)....

Only issue i feel is that, occasionally you hear a a bit more of the engine roar at low speeds if the cabin is quiet and you try to listen intently under 40 kmph
'S' mode is not detrimental for the engine if used occasionally but I'm not so sure about the implications of perpetual usage of the same. The 2.0 lit Ecoblue engine is a (relatively) smaller engine with a narrow performance band (2000-2500 rpm) and hence, sluggish behaviour at lower rpms is to be expected. My advice would be to use D mode more often than S mode in the interest of engine longevity.

On run-in period - 2k km is more than sufficient. No need to baby the engine beyond this.

Last edited by cool_dube : 28th November 2021 at 18:36.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 18:46   #551
BHPian

Got my 2nd service done @ 10000 kms. It was a breeze and the experience was trouble free.
The Advisors were professional, listening concerns and ready to help . The work energy was tremendous.
Looking at there body language, i didn't feel if anything like Ford shutting operations, is bothering them.
Had a chat with Service Manager. He too appeared relaxed and calm. He said, Ford Endeavour per se, is unlikely to be affected by supply of spares in coming years because even before winding operations, many of the spares were still procured from Thailand & China.

The only pity thing i saw was the sales area, which has been converted to a multi brand outlet for used cars and the show-stopper was a Fortuner....
ankushbansal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 11:24   #552
BHPian

Hi,

I too had sent my Endeavour for first service yesterday

It clocked about 2200 in 2 months, and wanted to get done with this as I may drive to Delhi later this month

I found it odd that the Adblue seems to be used a lot faster in Endeavour compared the the new thar where I had no indication even past 5000 km

Service advisor said its low, and we need to top up.. so, I paid about 650 for 10 litre can, and when I checked tank full Adblue range after I got the car back - it just shows 5000 km

Anyone else faced this issue or noticed this ?

Quote:

Old 6th December 2021, 14:42   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found it odd that the Adblue seems to be used a lot faster in Endeavour compared the the new thar where I had no indication even past 5000 km
Did you verify that AdBlue tank was full at the time of delivery? AdBlue consumption depends almost entirely on driving style and conditions - aggressive driving as well as high-traffic driving will lead to high consumption of AdBlue. Typically a tankful should last anywhere between 6-7K km, again depending on factors listed above.

Quote:
when I checked tank full Adblue range after I got the car back - it just shows 5000 km
The range should go up as you start driving, as the algorithm recalculates the DTE based on your driving pattern and the amount of fluid remaining in the tank.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:14   #554
BHPian

Returned from a ~2400 KM road-trip covering most of Gujarat. Mumbai - SOU - Baroda - Ahmedabad - White Rann - Gir - Somnath and back.

The car performed exceedingly well. The famed GJ roads are not that great anymore and a lot of broken patches - especially around Morbi, Rajkot, Amreli etc. Though not as bad as MH roads - where even the national highways are riddled with potholes.

I am so glad I chose Endeavour over others, one doesn't need to worry about scrapping the bottom or slowdown considerably and, at the same time ride is still comfortable, no thud sounds in the cabin - it just glides over without tossing the passengers around. No tiredness, aching muscle or back even after hours of drive.

The mid shows 11.7 KMPL. I had kept the tyre pressure at 30 to choose comfort over economy. Haven't really gone in to calculating the mileage using tankful to tankful.

This car is an amazing mile cruncher and that too with great comfort.

Last edited by ulhas.ahirrao : 6th December 2021 at 16:15.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 09:02   #555
BHPian

Quote:

I found it odd that the Adblue seems to be used a lot faster in Endeavour .

when I checked tank full Adblue range after I got the car back - it just shows 5000 km

Anyone else faced this issue or noticed this ?

Yea, its the same with mine. Till my second service at 10000 kms, I had topped Adblue thrice with 10 ltr Tub.

So tank to tank, it has gulped 30 L for 10k kms
ankushbansal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks