Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2023, 20:38   #496

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssathiyanarayan View Post

Dear Team BHP ians,

I've made a booking for Tata Altroz XZA+ DCA in Royal Blue colour. Expecting delivery in another 10 days. Already started a thread in the Assembly Line with guidance from GTO. Will try to cover everything related to my purchase and share the long term term reviews as well.
========
Still i'm planning to write to Tata Motors at their email with the available details. Similar confusion is there with respect to their variant classification in website to brochure.
Congratulations on booking your new car! I too have booked the Manual Transmission of the Altroz today. I initially thought to wait for the Sunroof (not a fan) and the shark fin antenna (preferred) to be added to the Petrol/Turbo variants but later figured out it would be best to save money rather than spending on features that are only pleasing to the eye for the initial few months and don't add any real value to the car or the driving experience. Certainly not a deal breaker. So I decided to book the regular iTurbo MT variant.

Accessoeries: Please don't get me wrong here but maybe you seem to have overthought on the list of accessories you wish to add. Or maybe it's only me. I only got the Door visor and Mud flaps as an accessory as they prove to be utalitarian and i prefer to have them factory fitted rather than cheap aftermarket. Good thing you mentioned about the door edge guards. I should probable add those to my list too.

I strongly recommend you to get the Anti-rust and silencer coating done from a good automotive shop that deals in detailing and other stuff, as you can watch them do it and be sure of the thickness of the layer applied as I have heard of instances where the showroom only apply a thin layer of these to the underbelly.

However, if you trust your sales associate and the manager, then that should not be a problem. I'm sure the Service center is equally competent and equipped to put a nice coat of anti rust and silcencer coat.

Coming to other accessories, I believe it will be wiser to spend on a ceramic coat for your car or getting it PPF'd so that it looks new for a longer time and saves your car from minor scratches. Nonetheless, I am very happy and excited to hear about your new car to arrive and wish you all the best and happy miles

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th May 2023 at 20:47. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Thanks.
Unohu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 13:08   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unohu View Post
Congratulations on booking your new car! I too have booked the Manual Transmission of the Altroz today. So I decided to book the regular iTurbo MT variant.
A hearty congratulations on your new car. Hope to see your reviews soon.

Quote:
Accessoeries: Please don't get me wrong here but maybe you seem to have overthought on the list of accessories you wish to add. Or maybe it's only me. I only got the Door visor and Mud flaps as an accessory as they prove to be utalitarian and i prefer to have them factory fitted rather than cheap aftermarket. Good thing you mentioned about the door edge guards. I should probable add those to my list too.
I too reduced the accessories from dealership to bare minimum as you suggested. Very useful point that you made.

Quote:
I strongly recommend you to get the Anti-rust and silencer coating done from a good automotive shop that deals in detailing and other stuff, as you can watch them do it and be sure of the thickness of the layer applied as I have heard of instances where the showroom only apply a thin layer of these to the underbelly.

Nonetheless, I am very happy and excited to hear about your new car to arrive and wish you all the best and happy miles
Thanks for your elaborate suggestions. I made a couple of calls to the details provided by Rhienhard and my friends who got their vehicles coated at 3M. Getting better deals.

Also came to know from 3M directly that there are lot of complaints from a couple showroom including mine. All this is related to the claims that 3M coating is done on the car and 3M has found either no conclusive evidence of their genuine materials used or genuine materials used but not as advised. Eg. Silencer coating with 1/10 th usage guidelines. If 1 bottle is suggested for the vehicle, only 1/10 of the contents used on the problematic vehicle and rest might have been shared with other vehicles. In other cases, the materials used for ceramic coating are counterfeit ones, not genuine.

A few having taken things legally it seems. So 3M representative requested me to exercise caution and ask for 3M guarantee certificate from dealership. When I made this request, the dealership gave vague replies like "Trust us" , "We will guarantee ". I politely refused and planning to go with 3M genuine Showroom nearby with certification for 3 years. Let's see.
ssathiyanarayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 00:25   #498
BHPian

Hi, I have booked Altroz XZ+S Petrol manual a week back, but i am still confused should i go in for iTurbo or NA Petrol engine. Diesel or CNG is not even explored due to lower drive run requirements.
It will be primarily driven by my wife who will be upgrading from Alto 800 - 2013 model. there is price difference of about 70K between XZ+S NA petrol vs iturbo variants. I am looking for guidance on the same. Primarily it will used for city driving - with loads of traffic, red lights and speed breakers.
Old 21st June 2023, 00:46   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmzbond View Post
I am looking for guidance on the same. Primarily it will used for city driving - with loads of traffic, red lights and speed breakers.
Lady driver, lots of traffic and speed breakers.

Altroz DCA is the best bet.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 14:06   #500
BHPian

~~Help Required~~
I own a Tata Altroz MY'21 XZ+ (p). Last week the car refused to crank up 3-5 times in different situations. On inspection at the ASS, battery replacement was suggested. But my ASS didnt have it in stock and they informed me that they wouldnt be able to procure the same for me.. But i was informed to stick to a EFB type battery. Altroz with auto start/stop comes with Amaron EFB battery(60 Ah. But I couldnt find a EFB battery anywhere. After a bit of research i figured other Tata models too come with this battery type. So the car is parked and not used untill i find a solution.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation or knows where I can find a replacement battery?
Sharing the images of the battery
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-img20230619wa0052.jpg  

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img20230619wa0008.jpg  

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img20230619wa0007.jpg  

Last edited by Redline Shooter : 21st June 2023 at 14:25.
Old 21st June 2023, 14:26   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I have booked Altroz XZ+S Petrol manual a week back, but i am still confused should i go in for iTurbo or NA Petrol engine. Diesel or CNG is not even explored due to lower drive run requirements.
It will be primarily driven by my wife who will be upgrading from Alto 800 - 2013 model. there is price difference of about 70K between XZ+S NA petrol vs iturbo variants. I am looking for guidance on the same. Primarily it will used for city driving - with loads of traffic, red lights and speed breakers.
Hi jimmzbond,

I would recommend you to change the booking to a Tata Altroz XZ+ DCA Variant instead. I'm having one and its really handy in bumper to bumper traffic, speed breakers and heavy red lights condition in city. Having a true automatic helps much in these conditions. It's by no means a slouch when it comes to highway runs. It can flex is muscle and cruise ahead munching miles.

Sathiya Narayanan. S
Love Cars. Live Cars | Tata Altroz XZA+ DCA | Honda Activa i
Ex - Toyota Fortuner GX 2.7 4x4 AT
ssathiyanarayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 22:47   #502

Quote:
Hi, I have booked Altroz XZ+S Petrol manual a week back, but i am still confused should i go in for iTurbo or NA Petrol engine.
Since the car will mostly be driven in city, the Turbo variant does not make sense. I suggest sticking with the NA variant or switch to the DCA as suggested by other members, since it will make driving a lot more satisfying in city traffic.

Wishing you the best of experience.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 12th July 2023 at 20:49. Reason: quote tags
Unohu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 11:30   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
~~Help Required~~

Has anyone else faced a similar situation or knows where I can find a replacement battery?
Sharing the images of the battery
Hi, you can check on Amaron website. https://www.amaron.in/battery/passen...-xm-bs6/petrol

I believe, many cars come with start-stop feature,so this battery should be available easily at Amaron dealers.
Old 28th June 2023, 11:46   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, you can check on Amaron website. https://www.amaron.in/battery/passen...-xm-bs6/petrol

I believe, many cars come with start-stop feature,so this battery should be available easily at Amaron dealers.

Yeah that was my understanding too. I looked up on official Amaron/Exide website and third party sellers like batterybhai.com for my options. They do list out batteries with 60 AH(Altroz has 38Ah or 60AH batteries depending on the model) and bigger options. But none of them are EFB type. And its been mentioned more than once on the battery and the manual that we need to use the specific type. Hence I am trying to stick to it.
Spoke to the customer support for Amaron and Exide who passed on the numbers for dealers in my city. The Exide dealer knew about the battery type but suggested that i should go for a regular 60AH battery as there was no supply. Also According to him the dimensions of the EFB battery is smaller than a regular 60AH. Which means there is a plate in the battery compartment that needs to be removed in case I am opting for the regular battery. Amaron Dealer had no clue about the battery type.

I am quite surprised with the limited information available online and with official dealers about this battery considering other cars like Nexon are using the same battery type.

Anyhow I managed to pull some strings and got the dealer to place an order for the exact same Amaron battery. It should arrive in 2 days. Will try and get some pictures clicked and will share updates once the battery is fitted.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-screenshot-20230628-11.35.17-am.png  

Last edited by Redline Shooter : 28th June 2023 at 11:50.
Old 28th June 2023, 14:03   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

My Altroz 1.5L diesel just crossed the 50,000 km milestone, exactly in 19 months since purchase.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-20230628_094310.jpg
PrasannaDhana is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 11:13   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
My Altroz 1.5L diesel just crossed the 50,000 km milestone, exactly in 19 months since purchase.

Attachment 2469255
Hi PrasannaDhana,

Super happy for your mileage. With your kind of driving, i was pretty sure the milestone will be achieved shortly. Wishing you many more happy miles and touchwood no issues. A great fan of your writing on this forum. The way you have shared your driving experience inspired me to write things here.
ssathiyanarayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 14:20   #507
BHPian

Completed 2 years and 32,000 kms with this mile munching machine last weekend. Reaffirms my decision to go for diesel every single time I get behind the wheel.

Just got the 30000 kms service done. FL linkrod had gone kaput and was making noise. No questions asked, replaced FOC under standard warranty which expired. I have extended warranty for another 3 more years. No DPF issues so far.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-unnamed.jpg
aswin ajith is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 16:03   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
Reaffirms my decision to go for diesel every single time I get behind the wheel.
Did I miss something? I thought the Harbour Blue colour was exclusive to the iTurbo.
Old 11th July 2023, 16:59   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Did I miss something? I thought the Harbour Blue colour was exclusive to the iTurbo.
Not really. This color was made available across all engine options. Not sure what's the case now. Heard its limited in supply though. It was launched with the iTurbo.
Old 12th July 2023, 20:16   #510
BHPian

Nice marketing for Altroz iCNG

This is at T1 Mumbai airport.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-img20230712201141.jpg  

JReacher13 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks