Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 00:24   #391
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Is the size of the alloy same for Petrol/Diesel XZ+? Both these powertrain's share same alloy but the tyre size is different. I couldn't find the size of the alloys on the brochure.
Old 15th February 2022, 13:48   #392

I had a peculiar problem related with my Altroz, infact baggage of problem. To start with
1. The blurting of horn everytime I lock my car with my smart wrist key. The other key also did the same problem. My Altroz often didn't respond to the smart wrist key when I had to use the other key to unlock car.( This created quite a panic for me if that happens with me in a far off destination away from home as I had to travel around 70 kms away from home). I contacted the service station they said battery problem and changed the battery. The non responding issue with smart key gone but blurting of horn persisted and I just ignored.

2. Few months went by and the problem persisted unless few days back something weird started happening. My both the low beam headlamps got fused together and needed replacement urgently and I obliged. I ignored again.

3. Two days back my idle start stop function just stopped working. My Harman system started going blank and resetting itself randomly. The connectnext will switch my phone automatically from the car speaker to phone speaker and reconnect again. The instrument cluster will show low battery every now and then.

When I decided it's enough and got my car to the clinic. They are saying may be ECU problem or some electrical disturbance. Hope to get a solution by evening.
Old 16th February 2022, 20:08   #393
BHPian

I recently watched the review of Tata Altroz i-Turbo posted by the youtube channel "MotoWagon".

In the video, the reviewer explains that even when the car is locked and is in motion, one can unlock the car, which is really a safety hazard. I had the same doubt when the car was launched, but I couldn't comment on the same without verifying. Now, as it is confirmed, I feel Tata must look into this, and change the lock mechanism for better safety.

I know child locks can be used to prevent such incidents, but IMO, it would be better if the lock mechanism is changed altogether.

Attaching the video link: (17:57 to 18:00)

P.S.: The reviewer says that he did the above process with seatbelts on and in permitted surroundings.
Old 16th February 2022, 20:19   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
In the video, the reviewer explains that even when the car is locked and is in motion, one can unlock the car, which is really a safety hazard. I had the same doubt when the car was launched, but I couldn't comment on the same without verifying. Now, as it is confirmed, I feel Tata must look into this, and change the lock mechanism for better safety.
All cars can be unlocked when in motion. Nothing different with the Altroz. The difference is - the unlock switch is integrated within the door open lever, rather than a separate smaller knob/flap for unlock. This is similar to most cars in the western (especially EU) markets.

This is more of a psychological point than a real safety issue. Trust me, someone as naïve as pulling a door open latch in a moving car, can be trusted to play with the unlock button as well, removing any real benefit of a separate button.

And absolutely - all children belong exclusively in the back, with child-safety activated on the doors, in their baby/booster seat, buckled in. The door open latch - is the last thing in the list for their safety, not first IMO.
Reinhard is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 20:33   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
All cars can be unlocked when in motion. Nothing different with the Altroz.
Ah yes. I should have explained correctly.

Quote:
This is more of a psychological point than a real safety issue. Trust me, someone as naïve as pulling a door open latch in a moving car, can be trusted to play with the unlock button as well, removing any real benefit of a separate button.

And absolutely - all children belong exclusively in the back, with child-safety activated on the doors, in their baby/booster seat, buckled in. The door open latch - is the last thing in the list for their safety, not first IMO.
Yes, you're absolutely right.

But some cars don't allow the doors to be opened when the car is in motion, right?

And, thank you for your explanation
Old 16th February 2022, 20:43   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But some cars don't allow the doors to be opened when the car is in motion, right?
I can't think of a car that does so, maybe there are. I don't know, I confess.

However, I pray there are no such cars. Imagine a very realistic scenario of someone being abducted. What would that unfortunate person's reaction be, if he/she can't jump out of it while taking the risk, given the fate otherwise can be even worse. Just because the car won't allow opening doors.

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th February 2022 at 20:47.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 23:29   #397

I'm facing a repeated issue after getting it fixed from service centre. The left horn pad keeps on not working in Altroz.
I was told that it is due to steering mount control wiring is done through that way and it is causing in all altroz.
Is everyone facing this issue or is it something I'm only experiencing?
Old 22nd February 2022, 10:29   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu victor View Post
I was told that it is due to steering mount control wiring is done through that way and it is causing in all altroz.
That sounds like rubbish! I hope these ASC guys don't go about throwing statements that actually cast doubt on the overall R&D and engineering of the carmaker altogether, just to avoid work.

Get the entire horn / steering wheel assembly replaced under warranty in the worst case if they are not able to fix it. Absolutely no reason to accept what is clearly a defect.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 11:12   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Altroz new Opel Blue colour to be launched soon.

Name:  618C5BFF0A0C46D5853F1D75A32642E4.jpeg
Views: 1452
Size:  347.6 KB

CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 11:19   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I can't think of a car that does so, maybe there are. I don't know, I confess.
Seltos doesn't allow to unlock the door when the car is in motion. Push the unlock button and it goes back to lock position in a millisecond. Threshold is >15-20 kmph probably (need to check this).

On the other hand, Brezza lets out a loud continuous chime when you open the door of the moving car.

There would be more such examples, probably.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 11:29   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Altroz new Opel Blue colour to be launched soon.
Ah just a colour! Ok it looks quite neat on this sharp car. But how the optimist in me wishes the colour actually accompanied a sweat DCT or at least a conventional CVT/AT. Come on Tata.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
On the other hand, Brezza lets out a loud continuous chime when you open the door of the moving car.
Even in my Nexon the car gives a voice/audio warning that a certain door is open. (i.e. specific "Left rear door is open". Not just chimes.). I presume the Altroz carries this forward.

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd February 2022 at 11:34.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 12:09   #402

Thanks for clarifying.

Just wanted to confirm before escalating this to Tata motors. I have dropped a mail to Tata motors with the details. Hoping for the best.
Old 22nd February 2022, 12:58   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu victor View Post
Is everyone facing this issue or is it something I'm only experiencing?
Can confirm that I haven't seen this on my Altroz iturbo. But have indeed felt that the left horn pad requires more pressure to be functional and works only when to upper corner is pressed, instead the convenient centre of the pad.
Old 24th February 2022, 19:50   #404

I have few issues with my Altroz.
1.The door won't auto lock on reaching speeds of 15-20kmph.
2. I am unable to lock and unlock passengers and co driver side doors front the driver door lock.
3. The orvm closes when i press the lock button on the key ob but the doors don't lock
Old 28th February 2022, 11:38   #405
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors has teased the Altroz Automatic, launch soon.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-smartselect_20220228110130_twitter.jpg

Link (Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review)

Last edited by Venkatesh : 28th February 2022 at 11:42.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks