Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2024, 23:55   #541
BHPian

Re: My 1st year ownership review of Tata Altroz XZ NA Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hot_punto View Post
Got a call from another Tata Motors dealer from Kundanahalli, Whitefield area. Even they claimed they are getting BS6.2 engines from last Nov itself.

How's your experience with BS6.2 w.r.t NVH levels compared to earlier lower versioned engines of TATAs if in case you have driven them? And about overall engine performance?
I have driven the the 1st gen Tiago with the original 1.2L revotron for quite a bit. Compared to that the BS6.2 is much more refined and slightly quieter.

Also while comparing to the BS6.1 Altroz I have driven earlier the BS6.2 Altroz DCA I drove recently felt nicer.

Last edited by Shanksta : 16th March 2024 at 23:58.
Shanksta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 19:18   #542

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaybndlsh3 View Post
Hello,

I purchased a pre-owned Altroz 2021 XE BS6 Petrol from Spinny in September 2023 with ~15k KM on the odometer. After the purchase, I opted for 3 years extended warranty from TATA
….
Recently I had got 1st major service done at ~20k KM on odometer (All 3 free services were done by previous owner). I have some queries related to this service:
Hi, I purchased a similar aged and mileage preowned Tata Punch from Spinny as well and did the 4th service @ 15700 km. I purchased AMC silver plan for ₹6400 under which the 4th service and the next mid year service will be covered. It looks like much of your bill is labour charges and other components which would have been covered by AMC.

And with respect to the actuator, did you not rake up the issue with Spinny? They provide 3 months complete coverage for cars sold under Spinny Assured tag.

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th April 2024 at 20:17. Reason: Trimmed the quoted post for better readability. Thanks!
Mad Pursuer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 19:19   #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pursuer View Post
And with respect to the actuator, did you not rake up the issue with Spinny? They provide 3 months complete coverage for cars sold under Spinny Assured tag.
Hi, I think AMC would have been a much better option for me too.

Issue occurred after 3 months coverage from Spinny expired, so, did not check with them
Old 27th April 2024, 12:21   #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaybndlsh3 View Post
Hi, I think AMC would have been a much better option for me too.

Issue occurred after 3 months coverage from Spinny expired, so, did not check with them
Hi, I just checked with the terms. Spinny's 90 day coverage is comprehensive coverage while the powertrain coverage they provide is for 1 year, under which the actuator should be covered. You should still check with Spinny. Hope they'll honour their assurances.
Old 7th May 2024, 16:13   #545

Apologies, if my question is out of context but i am trying real hard to find a solution to the lack of good pickup on my Altroz XT for quite some time, i've changed the normal spark plugs to NGK Iridium plugs but there still is a huge lag in the pickup of the car. is there any other way by which i can improve the pick of the vehicle?
Old 21st May 2024, 13:01   #546
BHPian

Any idea if the Tiago/Tigor air filter is the same as the one on the Altroz. I know the Punch and Altroz share the same air filter assembly and air filter. Looking to upgrade to a BMC panel air filter, which is available for the Tiago/Tigor but not the Altroz.
Old 26th May 2024, 19:23   #547
BHPian

Has anyone installed auto dimming IRVM on Altroz? I have the XZ DCA and want to get it done. Does it need hardwiring to battery or fuse box ? Will it void warranty? Suggested products also welcom
Old 11th June 2024, 14:26   #548
BHPian

I am looking for a new car in Hyderabad and for the first time, I am considering buying used. Because of the whole E10 - E20 confusion, I am avoiding any petrol used cars (rare to find ones post 2023 April). Instead, I feel 2020+ diesels may not have similar concerns.

There is a Altroz Diesel from 2021 available on Spinny, priced at 8.74L. I tried it in their parking lot and it drove well.

- Is that a good price?
- Does buying a used Diesel sounds like a good idea in Telangana? From a resalse and regulatory perspective.
- I have never owned Diesel cars before, but are higher vibrations and noise expected? The NVH of the car wasn't great compared to the petrol.

The alternative is to get a new Altroz Petrol XT, which actually is costlier and I don't see it as a good value.
Old 11th June 2024, 14:40   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crodjer View Post

There is a Altroz Diesel from 2021 available on Spinny, priced at 8.74L. I tried it in their parking lot and it drove well.
It's overpriced by 1 lakh. 7.5 to 7.75L is a good price for it.

The engine noise will be audible always.

There are no intrusive vibrations from my experience, just the diesel noise.

If you are not going to drive on highways atleast once or twice a week, stay away from any BS6 diesel.

New Altroz BS6.2 Petrol is smoother than the 1.5 diesel. But once you hit the open highways, the 1.5 turbo diesel will bring a wide smile on your face (with much higher FE too). Petrol Altroz N/A is a boring car on the highways. I own the 1.2 N/A (in Punch) and I always choose the 1.5 diesel when I have to drive on highways.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 11th June 2024 at 14:43.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 23:19   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
It's overpriced by 1 lakh. 7.5 to 7.75L is a good price for it.
I see. Spinny tends to price their cars at a premium. This particular car has been with them a while I have noticed, so maybe they'll eventually re-price it. I have no urgency.

Quote:
The engine noise will be audible always.
There are no intrusive vibrations from my experience, just the diesel noise.
Noise and vibrations aren't too big of an issue either as long as it is expected from diesel.

Quote:
If you are not going to drive on highways atleast once or twice a week, stay away from any BS6 diesel.
I don't really plan on driving much on highway. Is low running an issue with Diesel (other than being uneconomical)?

Quote:
New Altroz BS6.2 Petrol is smoother than the 1.5 diesel. But once you hit the open highways, the 1.5 turbo diesel will bring a wide smile on your face (with much higher FE too). Petrol Altroz N/A is a boring car on the highways. I own the 1.2 N/A (in Punch) and I always choose the 1.5 diesel when I have to drive on highways.
I am assuming that a BS6 diesel cars won't have a concern from a refueling standpoint. Particularly not as much as using a E10 petrol car with a majority E20 infrastructure in few years. I don't see many E20 compatible cars in the used car market right now.

And the new car market, it seems has gone insane. Basic hatchbacks like Swift are priced at 10L plus on road (for a moderately featured variant). I am okay spending more as long as it brings in the value.

Most Viewed