Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 20:04   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Is the 165mm ground clearance of Altroz a major issue?

Compared to Altroz, i20 offers a huge list of features including 6 airbags, sunroof, wireless charging and that beauty of a touchscreen. However, with the recent price increase by Hyundai, i20 top end goes into 12 lacs territory, which is expensive for a hatchback, although a premium one.

The only concern I have with Altroz is the very low ground clearance of 165mm. I am ready to live with the rest of the misses, compared to the i20.

Please let me know.

Planning to book the car within one week, so would love to get feedback from TBHP community soon enough.
Old 16th May 2022, 20:28   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

The only concern I have with Altroz is the very low ground clearance of 165mm. I am ready to live with the rest of the misses, compared to rest of the misses.
It's not much of a concern- the swift is at 165, Baleno is at 170. Can't think of many places along the urban route these cars would not reach. Haven't bottomed out my Altroz in last 5 months- and I've travelled in rural interiors as well. A firm suspension helps, too, I guess. So as long as you're not planning a dedicated off-road route, you're good to go. For a more extensive review, recommend @PrasannaDhana's review! https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...km-update.html
Nikhil Beke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 08:06   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Compared to Altroz, i20 offers a huge list of features including 6 airbags, sunroof, wireless charging and that beauty of a touchscreen. However, with the recent price increase by Hyundai, i20 top end goes into 12 lacs territory, which is expensive for a hatchback, although a premium one.

The only concern I have with Altroz is the very low ground clearance of 165mm. I am ready to live with the rest of the misses, compared to the i20.

Please let me know.

Planning to book the car within one week, so would love to get feedback from TBHP community soon enough.
Have driven my Altroz for 16k kms now on all sort of roads, often at good speed. Only lost front left mudflap when I hit something. Car has firm suspension and that really helps.
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 11:15   #424
BHPian

I am in a dilemma to choose between good engine (nexon amt) vs good automatic (altroz dca). I am not sure if NA engine with 86PS power and 113NM torque is sufficient for me. (Currently I enjoy driving sedately - new driver, but not sure how it goes in future when I need to overtake).
What are your thoughts??
Old 6th June 2022, 18:33   #425
BHPian

We took our new car Tata Altroz to home today. I did PDI before and found nothing to worry about. But after taking car to home, I noticed below things.
1) Rust on Disk Brakes (both sides)
2) Uneven paint finish near spare wheel space.

Is this Ok. I am new to car world and this is our first brand new car. I am worried. Do I need to visit service center to get them fixed?
Tata Altroz : Official Review-20220606_160450.jpg

Tata Altroz : Official Review-20220606_164327.jpg
Old 6th June 2022, 23:16   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sany0023 View Post
We took our new car Tata Altroz….
1) Rust on Disk Brakes (both sides)
2) Uneven paint finish near spare wheel space.
Is this Ok.
Both the points are ok. Nothing to worry about. Congratulations for getting Altroz home.

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th June 2022 at 06:55. Reason: Minor typo
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 13:03   #427
BHPian

Hi Guys,
My model is XZ+. But I am unable to see TPMS option in instrument cluster. TATA says in their website that Altroz comes with i-tpms. Anyone facing the same issue?
Tata Altroz : Official Review-screenshot_20220607125824_chrome.jpg
Old 15th June 2022, 20:12   #428
BHPian

Tata Altroz : Official Review-repaint-issue.jpeg

Hi BHPians,

Today while cleaning my car, I have found that it is repainted near right rear wheel arch to hide some scratches. The repainted surface is rough and it is completely different from other shiny areas. While doing PDI this problem was not there. I took delivery 1 week after I inspected the vehicle. Something happened in between, and to hide that my car was repainted. During delivery day, I couldn't locate this issue since this is not easy to find just by looking from a distance. This is clearly felt when we look from an angle or if we touch it.

I have written to TAMO customer care and yet receive reply from them. I have informed this to dealer too and they are also not ready to give any answers as of now.

I want to know what's the best way to handle this situation? What is the maximum claim (if any, in any manner) that I can ask for?
Old 21st June 2022, 15:44   #429

Tata Altroz Spark Plug issues

Hey guys, i am currently considering buying a new car and I'm stuck between Tata Altroz and Hyundai i20. I've used a Tata Manza for almost 12 years now so i do not doubt the quality of Tata products or their reliability. However, upon reviewing various customer experiences many customers have stated that the factory fitted spark plug of the Tata Altroz are not good enough and many customers opt to change it to iridium spark plugs. The customers state over time they notice a lag in performance and a significant decrease in the mileage of the car due to the stock spark plugs. How far is this true?? Also are there any specific issues which i should be aware of before buying the Altroz? One major reason i am discouraged from buying a Hyundai is the lack of safety when compared to Altroz. But should i consider i20 over the Altroz?
Old 25th June 2022, 13:19   #430
BHPian

Hey Guys,

After about 1.5 years of my Altroz ownership, I got more dents and scratches and there is a bit of rust on the door frame as well.

I am thinking of doing dent fixing and repainting at ASS/OEM. These are not minor ones to get them fixed in FNG but if a reputed and professional FNG is there, I might consider. Any idea what would be the cost for a full body treatment at ASS/OEM and FNG?

Any inputs here would be great. I am looking to get it done in Hyderabad. But depending on your inputs, I might choose to do in Bangalore when I travel there next month.

Quinn.
Old 27th June 2022, 00:15   #431

Took my car on a mild off-road excursion.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img20220627wa0002.jpg

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img20220627wa0001.jpg
Pigcee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 18:24   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilp2504 View Post
Hey guys, i am currently considering buying a new car and I'm stuck between Tata Altroz and Hyundai i20. I've used a Tata Manza for almost 12 years now so i do not doubt the quality of Tata products or their reliability. However, upon reviewing various customer experiences many customers have stated that the factory fitted spark plug of the Tata Altroz are not good enough and many customers opt to change it to iridium spark plugs. The customers state over time they notice a lag in performance and a significant decrease in the mileage of the car due to the stock spark plugs. How far is this true?? Also are there any specific issues which i should be aware of before buying the Altroz? One major reason i am discouraged from buying a Hyundai is the lack of safety when compared to Altroz. But should i consider i20 over the Altroz?
Haven't seen anyone on TBHP reporting this. Is it for Petrol or Diesel? Try to talk with SA on your next visit. With Manza kept for 12 years, you would have contacts inside the dealership. Will always recommended Altroz over i20, and their sales figure also point towards that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sany0023 View Post
Hi Guys,
My model is XZ+. But I am unable to see TPMS option in instrument cluster. TATA says in their website that Altroz comes with i-tpms. Anyone facing the same issue?
Attachment 2317511
It's most likely on newly retailed vehicles. Good to see that though in-built.
rd18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 18:29   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd18 View Post
Haven't seen anyone on TBHP reporting this. Is it for Petrol or Diesel? Try to talk with SA on your next visit. With Manza kept for 12 years, you would have contacts inside the dealership. Will always recommended Altroz over i20, and their sales figure also point towards that.

It's most likely on newly retailed vehicles. Good to see that though in-built.
From what I've come to know from current owners it's something related to the mix of ethanol in the petrol mixture which they say the stock spark plugs cannot handle and over a period of time they experience a drop in milage and performance. Now I'm not much technically aware of this but i would really appreciate if someone could guide me if this issue is true. SA says there is no such issue but many customers have reported it on the Altroz owners group on FB
Old 1st July 2022, 14:14   #434
BHPian

Has anyone faced any issue with the headlights? My projectors stopped working after a year. When i took it to the SC the first time, they removed the headlights and connected it back to make it work. And then it stopped working after another 2 weeks. This time the left bulb wasnt working. So they replaced it.

Also any suggestions for light upgrade?headlights and interior led?
Old 5th July 2022, 11:48   #435

Re: Prassy's 1st Small Tata | 2021 Altroz XZ+ 1.5L Revotorq Diesel | Ownership Review | 20,000 km up

Hello everyone, I dont know if this is the right forum/section to post or not but my brother-in-law is under duress due to his experience at a Tata dealership.
He went to SAB motors (Tata dealership Lajpat Nagar) on 3rd July to get his Altroz delivery. After paying full amount for the car, he found that the car ignition was not happening. There were multiple technical issues like battery low, petrol low that was being displayed. Eventually he found out that engine had water in it, and he didn't take the delivery of the car.
The dealer is not ready to give it in writing that water was found in the engine.

This is my brother-in-law's tweet : https://twitter.com/utk_2003/status/...ZbQDHrzeg&s=08

Can someone suggest the possible way forward and/or amplify this issue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks