Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 18:44   #331

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer_Shower View Post
Those who did service recently, which were the latest update versions received for ECU and Harman infotainment system?
Official ECU version is AL04. They are doing AL05 installation is being done to few cars for trial purposes.

Harmon Update is 14.43. It is March 2021 update.
Archer797 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 13:41   #332
BHPian

Features have been removed along with price increase!

Leather wrapped steering wheel and TFT instrument cluster are removed from XZ. Going forward XZ to get XT like instrument cluster.
Tata Altroz : Official Review-screenshot_20210804133505_chrome.jpg
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 13:41   #333
BHPian

My experience with Altroz 1.2 NA Petrol after 2000kms:

I got behind the wheel of Altroz when the odometer read 50! Hence, I have been driving the car very gently, 30% in the city and 70% on the highway.

As has been said already, it's underpowered; but it is good enough for a daily commuter. It pulls well at around 2000 rpm (and at 2200 upshift indicator shows up). For a new car, I have not crossed 3000 rpm yet.
The best thing I found in this car is, it automatically rev-matches as you release the clutch. It's a great feature for a new driver or when you're switching from another car.

Handling is just perfect! Car is always perfectly planted. Suspension is at right balance between comfort and handling. The brakes are alright. The OEM MRF tyres are not that good anyway, to hold with harder braking. The steering weighs up quite a bit at speed and is light enough at parking speeds.

There are some design issues that are pretty annoying for daily use though.
  1. The auto AC reacts very erratically based on external sunlight/shadow. I believe the temperature sensor measures some surface temperature, rather than room temperature. So, when sunlight hits the dashboard, AC starts chilling already cool car. Hence, every time you need to set the temperature of AC, based on the way the HVAC is behaving at that instance of time (sometimes I have to set 25, sometimes 27 for the same feel).
  2. HVAC is set to 23 degrees, every time you start the car. No memory, no nothing. (Searched through settings and user manual, no work-around was found)
  3. The horn switch is too narrow - so you need to aim right for it, else you end up changing track.
  4. The track change as well is very sluggish. It takes longer to honour your request.
  5. Radio starts playing every time you start the car. No way around it. (I've set radio volume to 0; that's the only solution I had)
akshye is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 20:31   #334
BHPian

TATA to gift Altroz to all those athletes who missed bronze narrowly in the recently concluded Tokyo Olympics

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tr...s-7325241.html
RaghuVis is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 16:23   #335
BHPian

Excellent decision by Tata Motors. These players train very hard and it is time that those who represented the country are also honored.
Dhillon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 17:40   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
TATA to gift Altroz to all those athletes who missed bronze narrowly in the recently concluded Tokyo Olympics
So, basically, those who missed winning a bronze will now get a Gold (standard)

Last edited by captain.torque : 17th August 2021 at 17:42.
captain.torque is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 22:06   #337
BHPian

I have been experiencing squeaking sound from my seats especially in broken roads, any pointers how to fix the issue?

Squeak resembles this sound from the video.

Old 26th August 2021, 17:37   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Tata Motors presented Altroz hatchback to 24 Indian athletes who missed Bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics 2021 as a token of appreciation.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-20210826_173418.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 20:18   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Don't remember seeing any pics of the Instrument Cluster of the lower variants.
It's now the default cluster on all except the XZ+ variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Personally, I would prefer Rear Wash Wipers over Cruise control, but may be I am a minority here. Tata should include the Rear wash wipe from the base version across all their models. Some of the convenience or bling features can be surely be compromised to include this.

Irrespective of the climatic conditions, rear wash wipe is a must for the highway drives, I hope the govt. makes it a mandatory feature, just like the ABS, Airbags and reverse parking sensors.
I totally agree with this. Always missed it on my Uno (Retrofitted it when I restored the car). I enjoyed the convenience of it on the i10. Sadly when I picked up the Celerio the Automatic was not available in ZXi trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Finally got delivery of my Altroz XZ Diesel. Shes my first Tata and joins the garage which was for last 10 years, Ford oly. Immediately got the stock 185/60/R16 Goodyear Triplemax 2 replaced with Conti UC6 205/55/R16 which shop guy said could be a overkill but they fit very nicely. Initial impressions are great.
Congratulations. Hoping to join the club soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_mvpa View Post
Features have been removed along with price increase!

Leather wrapped steering wheel and TFT instrument cluster are removed from XZ. Going forward XZ to get XT like instrument cluster.
XZ was the model I had shortlisted. Now I have to consider the XZ+.

One feature missing is the auto dimming IRVM. Does any Tata Vehicle come with an auto dimming IRVM? If so maybe a retrofit can be done.
Old 6th September 2021, 20:51   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
One feature missing is the auto dimming IRVM. Does any Tata Vehicle come with an auto dimming IRVM? If so maybe a retrofit can be done.
You can take a look at the option discussed by our fellow members here (DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon)
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 21:29   #341
BHPian

Guys looking for Headlight upgrade, I mainly travel 50kms around 7-8pm in mostly highways and found High beam particularly lacking. Any pointers?
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:14   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer016 View Post
Guys looking for Headlight upgrade, I mainly travel 50kms around 7-8pm in mostly highways and found High beam particularly lacking. Any pointers?
Have not changed mine yet. Pointers are available in this forum (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades).

Also, found recommendations from Mycarhelpline post for Philips Xtreme Vision Plus or Osram Night Breaker Unlimited.

Whatever you choose, do share your experience later.
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:39   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer016 View Post
Which Altroz trim do you own? Does it have projector low beam in the headlamp? If yes - the look nowhere else but a good 55W 4300K HID conversion kit from IPH/GS/AES etc.

If your trim has reflector headlamps - then your options are very very limited in the Altroz (especially since there is no possibility to install projector fog lights either). LEDs - well I have my reservations towards these. They "look good". But having tried quite a few of them - I feel they don't actually help in improving night / rain visibility. Heavily dependent on the car's reflector specifications.
Old 24th September 2021, 11:32   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Which Altroz trim do you own? Does it have projector low beam in the headlamp? If yes - the look nowhere else but a good 55W 4300K HID conversion kit from IPH/GS/AES etc.
Please suggest any reference in Pune to do this. I see we both have location as Pune, but unable to use DM yet.

Trim for my car is XZ.
Old 24th September 2021, 12:04   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd18 View Post
Please suggest any reference in Pune to do this. I see we both have location as Pune, but unable to use DM yet.
Trim for my car is XZ.
If you don't mind DIYs - its very easy to do actually. There are plenty reference threads available that you can explore. Here is a sample one from me regarding the conversion on Nexon.
Link - Reference thread for DIY HID conversion in headlamp low beam. (DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit)
(I suggest not to use the kit I used in that thread - I have since replaced it with a 55W GS conversion kit, which is definitely far better.)

I can guide you if there are any queries during install.
If you don't want to fiddle yourself - and if you are located in the western parts of the city - CarCupid on Pashan-Sus road and Carrax near Balewadi CSM Sports City are renowned places for this.

For procuring the kits yourself - you can contact Blaze India or Motorbasket.com. Or can source from Bangood/Wish etc.

Last edited by Reinhard : 24th September 2021 at 12:26.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks