Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2023, 13:23   #511
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Can anybody advise if this is rusting as I couldnt figure out with naked hand? If yes, what can be done or safe to be ignored.
This is right below steering assembly. I couldnt take a better picture as the ambient lighting is always focussed.
The car is about 7months old with 6500kms on odo and went for 2nd servicing 2 days back.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-20230723_122302.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2023, 17:32   #512
BHPian

Hi - Has anyone got leather padding done for the arm rest on the front door ? Find the arm rest and the material hard and uncomfortable to rest the arm. If yes please share pics. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_1780.jpeg  

Old 11th August 2023, 18:46   #513
BHPian

Has anyone purchased/booked altroz within last 2-3 months ? I booked one at Kropex Tata, Bangalore in mid of July. I was promised delivery in 4-6 weeks but even allocation has not happened yet (4 weeks are over).

I wrote to customer support mail of Tata motors and they basically asked me to check with dealer. Dealer is saying that they are trying for allocation by 25th Aug (allocation after 6 weeks of booking). Nobody has an answer of why is there a delay.

Wanted to know timelines if anyone bought it recently if this delay is normal or not.
Old 15th August 2023, 18:28   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman_tales View Post
Has anyone purchased/booked altroz within last 2-3 months ? I booked one at Kropex Tata, Bangalore in mid of July. I was promised delivery in 4-6 weeks but even allocation has not happened yet (4 weeks are over).

I wrote to customer support mail of Tata motors and they basically asked me to check with dealer. Dealer is saying that they are trying for allocation by 25th Aug (allocation after 6 weeks of booking). Nobody has an answer of why is there a delay.

Wanted to know timelines if anyone bought it recently if this delay is normal or not.
4 weeks is normal and should get it much easier based on color and model.
You can alternately ask another dealer on the current waiting period, any stocks available for immediate sale.
Old 16th August 2023, 21:21   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
4 weeks is normal and should get it much easier based on color and model.
You can alternately ask another dealer on the current waiting period, any stocks available for immediate sale.
Don't want to wait few more weeks again, will rather wait for the same dealer as issue seems to be from tata end. I just wish the i20 were priced lower, would have bought it otherwise
Burgman_tales is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 03:43   #516

Tata Altroz - 1.2 NA Petrol Experience

It all started when my younger brother was searching for a car and I had to assist him with one. This was almost 10 months back when I was the only driver at home. you'll know how a middle class family works when you are the only car driving member in the family. The sleepless long drives when your entire family is dozzing off in the back seat. Anyways coming back to the topic so we started with Suzuki obviously because it is the most famous brand when you have budget less then 10 lakhs.

We visited the Suzuki showroom in Nashik MIDC and I had suggested my brother Swift as it was quite popular in the hatchbacks. However I always had my 6th sense poking me saying no to Suzuki because of the bad safety ratings I have heard for Suzuki Xpresso and other cars they made. And just to let you'll know I use to drive my classic Ford Fiesta which was a gem of a car it was a 1.6L Duratec Petrol with a power which can even beat today's modern generation sedans, it was full of power and comfort and it was a 2006 model. I will write another post for my experience with my Ford. However I now own a KIA Sonet D 1.5 IMT again another post and review for my current IMT.

My initial expression the SA was trying to push us towards wagonr and the new celerio I am not sure why but may be they had sales target for these car that month. But I was firm and asked my brother to only insist for Swift. They did not have a manual available for test drive so I tested the automatic petrol version also for some reason they insisted I drive in their parking lot only and not outside on the road it clipped me and I immediately felt something off with their SA and we had an immediate disconnect. I could not test the full potential of the vehicle because of this incident and we left the showroom. I am assuming it was a delivery vehicle for some customer and they did not want to show kms on the ODO.

Next up we went to Sterling Motors near Dwarka in Nashik the SA was quite good and welcoming he immediately adjusted a test drive vehicle and we are off doing a test drive. First up the looks of the car are amazing the curves and the body structure you will know the engineers have put a lot of effort in designing the exterior of this car and it is a piece of art. Similarly the interior is equally mesmerizing with the ambient lighting and other loaded features which you usually get in a car above 10 lakhs with good hard plastic and fiber used only where required and still it did not felt cheap inside the car.

It was heavy traffic that day hence I could not drive freely so we insisted we get another test drive the next day during noon hours when there is less traffic the SA was okay with it.

Me and my brother were on time the next day at 1pm for a test drive and this time I took it for a good 15mins ride initial expression the car had less power then my Ford and that was understood as this was a 1.2 NA Petrol and the eco mode was anyways designed to have less power and more efficiency however I was expecting more from the city mode but that mode also did not please me. But then my brother was going to be learner driver hence I was okay with his car having less power and more of safety.

Comfort wise the seats are adjustable for height and position so it was good, the visibility from the cabin was good only durin right turn the A pillar was blocking the view subsequently this could have been better. Atat Altroz XZ model which we were eyeing at comes with R16 so the ground clearance was good. Harman music system is a cherry on top with its crystal clear output and bass levels upto the mark it makes the Altroz a complete car.

We were suppose to check out the i20 but we decided that Altroz it is as me and my brother had a common opinion on the new looks of the i20 and it did not pleased us also it was more expensive then the Altroz. Ford which was already out of market hence Figo was never there in our checklist however I still wonder if Ford was still available then it would have been a difficult choice for us. We booked the car and now the waiting period started for the delivery the SA told it will 1month but the car arrived in 20 days we did a PDA at their warehouse we had booked the opera blue colour. Delivery experience was great 11th Nov 2022 the car was ready for delivery the SA explained my brother about the whereabouts as per their standard process and also helped us with the paperwork swiftly.

Dec 22 we made a trip to Indore in the new Altroz the car performed beautifully on rough roads and speed bumps. There was not many jerks and the suspension is accurately built for the Altroz to sustain impacts. Steering is comfortable and weighs adequately and gives a sense of control on speeds above 100kmh. It gave me a good average of 19kmpl on highway with all the traffic and bad roads near Dhule. I felt the engine could have been more peppy as I felt the car gives up after it crosses 120kmh. Maybe I am asking more from a 1.2 NA but then Altroz is a full size hatchback it did need a peppier engine. Doors are heavy and it feels the car is built with strong metal. Automatic climate control AC is good not as good as my KIA but does the job nicely. Weight distribution of the car is good and you do not feel the centrifugal force pushing you harshly here and there on high speeds. Overall I would rate the car a 7 out of 10 only because of the engine.

P.S Tata still needs to work on their customer service reps at the service center as they are still not trained to handle passenger car customers. Tata will lose its ground if they do not improve on their customer service skills they are making excellent vehicles but only because of their customer service they will lose it.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20221118_165323.jpg  

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20221118_165333.jpg  

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20221118_165348.jpg  

Vivian.A34 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 00:03   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman_tales View Post
I too had booked XZA+ (S) vairant on 15th July and the dealership had placed order for the car immediately after the booking. As of now the dealership doesnt have any clue about when the car will arrive. They too havent received any mail from TATA's end regarding allocation of the car till now. The dealership also showed me a mail addressed to TATA with critical marking with regards to certain bookings which were also delayed.

I was hoping to get the car on 31st August since its my birthday and the same was conveyed to the dealership to which they promised to make it happen but it seems that wont be possible anytime soon
Old 27th August 2023, 15:49   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronak_7 View Post
I too had booked XZA+ (S) vairant on 15th July and the dealership had placed order for the car immediately after the booking. As of now the dealership doesnt have any clue about when the car will arrive. They too havent received any mail from TATA's end regarding allocation of the car till now. The dealership also showed me a mail addressed to TATA with critical marking with regards to certain bookings which were also delayed.

I was hoping to get the car on 31st August since its my birthday and the same was conveyed to the dealership to which they promised to make it happen but it seems that wont be possible anytime soon

My vehicle has reached dealer, will soon do PDI and delivery within 1 week hopefully
Old 9th September 2023, 22:41   #519

Hi everyone, I am in market to replace my 9-year-old Grand i10, which will be driver driven for my parents use. Today dad and i went to Cars24 to check out 2021 Altroz iTurbo XZ with 10K on Odo. Car handled the bad roads really well and we both were happy with the car and performance. I have following queries and hoping you guys can guide me
1) Test drove Altroz after driving a Punch, felt the seats aren’t having enough thigh support , rather the seat is narrow, is that the case with Altroz?
2) iTurbo was fun to drive, will Revotron petrol engine be enough for driver driven commuter car for both city and highway run?
Parents are not fully convinced with the pre-owned car due to the scratches, so we may go for a new XM / XM+ version.
Old 12th September 2023, 11:44   #520
BHPian

Hello,

I got a video from a friend. They were driving from Trichy to Madurai last night and stopped for a break around midnight. They SWITCHED OFF the car and everyone left the car with the key inside, and it ended up locked.When they came back a few minutes later, they couldn't get in. They had to call the patrol police to help them open the car (you can watch the video below).

My friend has some questions:

1. My friend has left the key inside before several times without this problem. So, we're wondering why it happened this time.

2. Before they left the car, they noticed the inside light wouldn't turn off, even when they tried. You can see it in the video. Could this be an indication there is something wrong in the electronics that could have caused the car to lock itself?

3. If the car service connects a computer to it now, will it show any error messages?

4. Has anyone else had this happen? We'd like to know if it's something unusual with Altroz alone or is it a electronics fault that can happen to any brand.

P.S. We've already told our friend to be more careful with the key, keep a glass breaker tool in pocket, or use a phone app to lock/unlock it and he is very frustrated with the experience and the irritating free advice on top of it from all of us . So you can kindly excuse yourself from suggestions in those lines and help him understand why this happened in the first place and how to fix it from occurring in future.

Best regards,
Dev
Old 12th September 2023, 15:11   #521
Senior - BHPian

You guys should see if steel scale solution works. Usually most decent shopkeepers will have one you can borrow it you ask nicely
Old 12th September 2023, 15:21   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Hello,

I got a video from a friend. They were driving from Trichy to Madurai last night and stopped for a break around midnight. They SWITCHED OFF the car and everyone left the car with the key inside, and it ended up locked.When they came back a few minutes later, they couldn't get in. They had to call the patrol police to help them open the car (you can watch the video below).

This looks like the XZ variant of the Altroz. Was the Keyless entry button on the driver side door not unlocking the car?

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th September 2023 at 15:36. Reason: Quoted part trimmed.
Old 12th September 2023, 21:39   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB_4763 View Post
This looks like the XZ variant of the Altroz. Was the Keyless entry button on the driver side door not unlocking the car?
I just spoke with my friend, and he messaged, "Yes, Dev, I gave it a try, but it didn't work."

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
You guys should see if steel scale solution works. Usually most decent shopkeepers will have one you can borrow it you ask nicely
Is this response regarding the Altroz auto lock issue? If so, then yes, the steel scale solution would work. However, it was 2:30 AM in the middle of the night, and theh were stranded between two cities with absolutely no nearby shops or houses. It was certainly an unsafe area, and the local police had advised them to vacate the area quickly. Just imagine if a family with children had been stuck in such a situation. Fortunately, it was only a group of men this time.
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 23:05   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
lMy friend has left the key inside before several times without this problem. So, we're wondering why it happened this time.
I'm not sure if this is the case, but one potential issue with these smart keys is that a low key battery could make the car think the key is outside. This, in turn, may lead to auto-locking. As the battery nears low, the key detection strength will decrease. The low key battery warning would only show up later when it hits a certain threshold. I've noticed this on my Sonet.
robincsamuel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 23:06   #525
BHPian

Few months back keyless entry was not working on my car randomly. Later i got to know that there was a recall regarding the PEPS Switch [Tailgate and driver door handle]. Please check once if your friend had got this replaced.
NB_4763 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks