Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2020, 22:12   #121
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
I went to Lakshmi Tata in OMR, Chennai today to check out Altroz.

Are car showrooms open in Chennai? Isn't it a red zone? And even if they are open, it is best people stay at home. Its best to postpone the test drive. Already 5000+ cases in Chennai and people are still roaming around?
Old 15th May 2020, 10:53   #122
BHPian

Just curious- would a factory fitted CNG help the sales figures? Except Maruti, almost no compay provides the factory CNG option any more. EV might be popular on the internet in India, but many customers want a 2-3 rs. per km fuel cost while retaining the traditional vehicle characteristics. People have been fitting CNG kits on Nexon, Tiago for quite some time now, with bad results because the tuning wasn't done well.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2020, 15:52   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Just curious- would a factory fitted CNG help the sales figures? Except Maruti, almost no compay provides the factory CNG option any more. EV might be popular on the internet in India, but many customers want a 2-3 rs. per km fuel cost while retaining the traditional vehicle characteristics. People have been fitting CNG kits on Nexon, Tiago for quite some time now, with bad results because the tuning wasn't done well.
I know a person who has an excellently tuned CNG in a Nexon. Works like magic. But then if I were a customer, I'd never look for CNG at all.

Would you buy a car nearing 10 Lakh rupees OTR in a metro, that has no boot to talk about and then spend 30 minutes at a gas station queue with autos trying to cut through all the time? I just don't see that happening. CNG also makes the engine noisier thanks to the need to revv higher compared to petrol. Not something that the Altroz would want to volunteer for. At least for now in Indian market dynamics, the words CNG and Premium don't go together. And its a nice highway tourer this car. You simply cant take a CNG hatchback for roadtrips with your family or friends. No luggage space & you run out of CNG in a day. Afterwards its a petrol car with no luggage space.

Last edited by Reinhard : 15th May 2020 at 15:53.
Reinhard is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 22:44   #124
BHPian

Stumbled upon this - Used car market has some used (as good as new) Tata Altroz examples. Interestingly, all of them are 1.2 petrol variants and all but one are driven for less than 500 kms.

While the listed reasons are different, one would wonder if the lackluster performance of the petrol engine could be THE reason for these owners selling their cars so early.

https://indianauto.com/stories/check...market-nid5636
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 23:16   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
While the listed reasons are different, one would wonder if the lackluster performance of the petrol engine could be THE reason for these owners selling their cars so early.
I don't think so. Anyone who is so finicky about their car engines that they will put a brand new car for sale due to lack of power would not buy it in the first place. Their research and test drives would have eliminated the car way before the cheque was signed.

Last edited by warrioraks : 20th May 2020 at 23:43.
warrioraks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 10:35   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I don't think so. Anyone who is so finicky about their car engines that they will put a brand new car for sale due to lack of power would not buy it in the first place. Their research and test drives would have eliminated the car way before the cheque was signed.
Not really. While what you said is true for most of the buyers but there are always exceptions. Let me quote an example.

Someone in my close family relations bought MS Dzire diesel AMT. Busy guy, runs a medium size business. Never took any test drive, only word of mouth. Didn't even go to take the delivery - sent one of his employees to take his car home. Just one word - bizzare!

And within a month, he realised he couldn't live with the jerky AMT and sold it off within first couple of months.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 21st May 2020 at 10:43. Reason: Typo
Col Mehta is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 19:05   #127

1379 Altroz sold in May 2020 and ranked 9th in the overall car sales. seems to be a decent numbers within this crisis. Have TATA started dispatching Diesel Altroz ? Anyone have verified news?
535dinesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 00:19   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535dinesh View Post
1379 Altroz sold in May 2020 and ranked 9th in the overall car sales. seems to be a decent numbers within this crisis. Have TATA started dispatching Diesel Altroz ? Anyone have verified news?
No! It's still not available. As per the dealers in Kolkata, the deliveries will begin in July.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 14:22   #129
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors is offering an attractive EMI scheme with the Altroz.EMI starting from just Rs. 5,555 per month for first 6 months and it can be booked online or through your nearest dealerships. This EMI amount will be applicable on a loan amount of up to Rs 5.5 lakh, which will subsequently increase over a maximum tenure of five years.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-smartselect_20200610142202_chrome.jpg

https://gaadiwaadi.com/drive-home-th...-only-details/
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 20:09   #130
BHPian

I just saw my first Altroz yesterday in BLR.

What a delightfully good looking hatchback. Smashing !

Does it share its rear indicator cluster with the Harrier?
I also saw a Harrier today and exterior fit and finish was excellent - on par with the Jeep Compass.
Redline6800 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 21:20   #131
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The Altroz is a delicious looking car. I spent time looking at it in KHT Motors Inner Ring Road in Feb.
Truly lovely looking. The design cues are spot on.
It ought to have had a few things to differentiate it - basically offer greater value by way of more features and reliability - because it is always going to be a bit of an underdog compared with the Koreans and Japanese and Chinese. Notably there is no AT version which by now really ought to be a part of the standard variants on offer.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 16:07   #132
BANNED

The GC might turn out to be a serious concern.

Old 16th June 2020, 16:47   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
This video doesn't make sense in isolation, ie, testing only the Altroz. He should test its competitors like Baleno, I20, Polo, Jazz and then bring out the true picture.
Old 16th June 2020, 17:26   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post

https://Youtu.be/HANrBtiBTYA
The place where this video is shot is in my town. It is a crossroad with 3 malls and a metro station, and hundreds of cars are usually parked in this place during busy weekends. I cross this stretch every few days. The Altroz should really not be scraping its underside here. My 2012 Jazz, a car with a known tendency to scrape its underside, doesn’t kiss mother Earth here. The low front bumper lip seems to be the culprit. Hope the bumper locks are made of good quality plastic, otherwise we’ll soon start seeing scores of new cars with damaged and misaligned bumpers.

PS: the car in the video seems to be the base model with basic steel rims. The top variants with bigger wheels and tires will have those vital extra mm of clearance.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 16th June 2020 at 17:31.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 17:41   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
PS: the car in the video seems to be the base model with basic steel rims. The top variants with bigger wheels and tires will have those vital extra mm of clearance.
165/80/R14 = 309.8 mm Rolling Radius
195/55R16 = 310.45 mm Rolling Radius

Its less than a milimeter.
turbo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks