Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 14th May 2020, 22:12   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
I went to Lakshmi Tata in OMR, Chennai today to check out Altroz.

Are car showrooms open in Chennai? Isn't it a red zone? And even if they are open, it is best people stay at home. Its best to postpone the test drive. Already 5000+ cases in Chennai and people are still roaming around?
Old 15th May 2020, 10:53   #122
BHPian

Just curious- would a factory fitted CNG help the sales figures? Except Maruti, almost no compay provides the factory CNG option any more. EV might be popular on the internet in India, but many customers want a 2-3 rs. per km fuel cost while retaining the traditional vehicle characteristics. People have been fitting CNG kits on Nexon, Tiago for quite some time now, with bad results because the tuning wasn't done well.
Old 15th May 2020, 15:52   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Just curious- would a factory fitted CNG help the sales figures? Except Maruti, almost no compay provides the factory CNG option any more. EV might be popular on the internet in India, but many customers want a 2-3 rs. per km fuel cost while retaining the traditional vehicle characteristics. People have been fitting CNG kits on Nexon, Tiago for quite some time now, with bad results because the tuning wasn't done well.
I know a person who has an excellently tuned CNG in a Nexon. Works like magic. But then if I were a customer, I'd never look for CNG at all.

Would you buy a car nearing 10 Lakh rupees OTR in a metro, that has no boot to talk about and then spend 30 minutes at a gas station queue with autos trying to cut through all the time? I just don't see that happening. CNG also makes the engine noisier thanks to the need to revv higher compared to petrol. Not something that the Altroz would want to volunteer for. At least for now in Indian market dynamics, the words CNG and Premium don't go together. And its a nice highway tourer this car. You simply cant take a CNG hatchback for roadtrips with your family or friends. No luggage space & you run out of CNG in a day. Afterwards its a petrol car with no luggage space.

Last edited by Reinhard : 15th May 2020 at 15:53.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 22:44   #124
BHPian

Stumbled upon this - Used car market has some used (as good as new) Tata Altroz examples. Interestingly, all of them are 1.2 petrol variants and all but one are driven for less than 500 kms.

While the listed reasons are different, one would wonder if the lackluster performance of the petrol engine could be THE reason for these owners selling their cars so early.

https://indianauto.com/stories/check...market-nid5636
Col Mehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 23:16   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
While the listed reasons are different, one would wonder if the lackluster performance of the petrol engine could be THE reason for these owners selling their cars so early.
I don't think so. Anyone who is so finicky about their car engines that they will put a brand new car for sale due to lack of power would not buy it in the first place. Their research and test drives would have eliminated the car way before the cheque was signed.

Last edited by warrioraks : 20th May 2020 at 23:43.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 10:35   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I don't think so. Anyone who is so finicky about their car engines that they will put a brand new car for sale due to lack of power would not buy it in the first place. Their research and test drives would have eliminated the car way before the cheque was signed.
Not really. While what you said is true for most of the buyers but there are always exceptions. Let me quote an example.

Someone in my close family relations bought MS Dzire diesel AMT. Busy guy, runs a medium size business. Never took any test drive, only word of mouth. Didn't even go to take the delivery - sent one of his employees to take his car home. Just one word - bizzare!

And within a month, he realised he couldn't live with the jerky AMT and sold it off within first couple of months.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 21st May 2020 at 10:43. Reason: Typo
Col Mehta is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed