Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2022, 17:28   #826
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
This is insane numbers gt3t0uring. Probably even the ARAI wouldn't apply such "Strict conditions"!

I own a 2019 GT TDI and with cruise control on a well paved tarmac, the best KM/L numbers I got on the MID was 26.2!
My observation is that in general, the cruise control will give you lesser FE. It accelerates faster that what I usually do after slowing down. Also the cruise control will try to keep the same speed on up slopes and down slopes which is less efficient that decelerating on up slopes and accelerating ok down slopes while maintaining the same throttle input
robby0707 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 21:33   #827
BHPian

Hi all,

I don't know how or when this happened, but the passenger side door of my car has been scratched. It is a deep scratch which cannot be removed merely by using rubbing compound. VW showroom is quoting 8.5k for repainting the whole door panel. I wanted to ask you guys - will repainting it at the VW authorised body shop be as good a finish as the OEM finish? The showroom I'm planning to take it to is PPS motors at Bangalore North.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220524_192256.jpg
Old 25th May 2022, 10:43   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
I wanted to ask you guys - will repainting it at the VW authorised body shop be as good a finish as the OEM finish?
Getting an OEM finish will be quite difficult. Moreover, authorised body shops are generally less efficient in this process.

My 2 cents- If it’s only as big as it’s looking in image, put a TBHP sticker and get it done with. No need to spend that much moolah.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 07:52   #829
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Wolf Moto has come up with something unique for 1.0 TSI, I believe it's a world first. Multi map switching helps the owner to switch between different maps on his own.

https://www.facebook.com/18856650460...0980370026233/

A friend of mine has picked up Polo 1.0 TSI recently. We will be trying this MMS from Wolf and I shall post the timings too .
Did you try this? What is the outcome? Anyone who has tried this with switching ability kindly post feedback. I'm considering this for my Polo TSI MT.
Old 27th May 2022, 08:39   #830
BHPian

Members,

One more noob query on 1.0 TSI. What is the tyre pressure being maintained typically while driving in the city? My car has mostly 2 adults only. Should I go for 33 in all 4 or do 32/29 as recommended.
Old 28th May 2022, 23:14   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
Hi all,

I don't know how or when this happened, but the passenger side door of my car has been scratched. It is a deep scratch which cannot be removed merely by using rubbing compound. VW showroom is quoting 8.5k for repainting the whole door panel. I wanted to ask you guys - will repainting it at the VW authorised body shop be as good a finish as the OEM finish? The showroom I'm planning to take it to is PPS motors at Bangalore North.

Attachment 2312354
I got my door repainted, nobody till date could identify if it's repainted or not, car has been taken to 3M and some local detailers but none observed till now.

To your point, OEM EXACT finish will not be there but it's really good. BTW I got it repainted from VW Delhi, can't say how they do it in the ASS you mentioned.

My advice would be to go there and ask the body shop manager to show you current cars which are or have been repainted. This is how I went, I had a nasty dent as well so I went to 3 ASS and checked the work they did to accidental cars and I was really satisfied with one of the ASS so my car was given there and I have no complaints.

I got my car repainted again there on the same door, (don't ask ) again no complaints.
Sahil00090 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 06:04   #832
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Members,

One more noob query on 1.0 TSI. What is the tyre pressure being maintained typically while driving in the city? My car has mostly 2 adults only. Should I go for 33 in all 4 or do 32/29 as recommended.
So far in Mumbai, 31 front, 29 rear is working well with Michelin Primacy tyres.
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 06:49   #833

Quote:
Originally Posted by k491 View Post
Too late, already got the Stanley leather seats today. Will get the CR70 tints soon as all the funds have dried up. (65k for PPF, 7.5k for the mats and 60k for the Stanley seat covers)
Where did you get your PPF done? Also, coincidentally I was also looking at Taigun and Kushaq but due to build quality ended up finalising Astor turbo. In few days got to know that Legend edition of Polo being released. Everything changed and now I own Polo GT.

Quote:
The wiper of my 3 week old Polo makes a horrible sound on every wipe. The noise is pretty irritating and I believe this could be an issue with blades of poor quality or they have become hard (in a 3-week old car ?)

Has anyone else faced or is facing this issue ?
Yes, I am also facing the same issue with my month old Polo. Service agent said that wiper blades are not aligned properly and twisted those blades a bit.

But the sound started again. Did you find any solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jijivishu View Post
Exactly my thoughts as well.

I recently took mine for a trip to Allahabad which is around 160 kms from where I'm located.
I am getting
city mileage(Banglore): 8km/l
Highway: 15km/l

1K service is done. 6K kms service is pending. Will the mileage increase after that?

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th May 2022 at 08:09. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 30th May 2022, 11:21   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusta_throttle View Post
Where did you get your PPF done? Also, coincidentally I was also looking at Taigun and Kushaq but due to build quality ended up finalising Astor turbo. In few days got to know that Legend edition of Polo being released. Everything changed and now I own Polo GT.

Yes, I am also facing the same issue with my month old Polo. Service agent said that wiper blades are not aligned properly and twisted those blades a bit.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=z3PT6GXTXCc
But the sound started again. Did you find any solution?

I am getting

1K service is done. 6K kms service is pending. Will the mileage increase after that?
Your mileage numbers are similar to mine. My car has clocked about 12k kms so far. The 1.0 L is very sensitive to throttle inputs so mileage is a function of how much control you have over your right foot That being said, I’ve seen upto 19 kmpl during some legs of my highway runs but eventually end the trip at 13 kmpl. Hard to resist revving that engine !!
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 18:05   #835
BHPian

My wipers started juddering and making them unusable during rain, as it may create scratches on the windshield. I cleaned the windscreen multiple times with multiple options like Glass Cleaner, Iso propyl alcohol, car shampoo, clay bar, news paper and what not. The juddering and shaking won't go away.

The blades seems soft though. Now decided to change the blades. The VW ones are RS 1300 a pair as per my service centre. Was wondering whether to buy that or try the Bosch clear advantage, which would be approx RS 750 for the 24/16 Any suggestions or advice?
Old 30th May 2022, 19:30   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
Now decided to change the blades. The VW ones are RS 1300 a pair as per my service centre. Was wondering whether to buy that or try the Bosch clear advantage, which would be approx RS 750 for the 24/16 Any suggestions or advice?
You can go for Bosch ones, they offer pretty clean sweep, make no noise and last well. Frame or Frameless is something you need to decide based on aesthetic taste.
ToThePoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 01:10   #837

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusta_throttle View Post
I am getting

I haven't observed any significant increase in the mileage on the time frame since it was purchased.
It is though, highly dependent on throttle input. Our chauffeur used to get 13-16kmpl on same highway stretches I mostly get 21. It's plain boring though.
Also during the 6 month checkup, the service centre guy cleaned the filter with a vacuum cleaner. The result was disastrous and the pickup and mileage of the car, both took a significant dip. It was driven from 7k-16k in that condition and it was horrible to drive for me as i mostly drive with feather foot. The car would start de-accelarating with the feather touch.
On the other hand, our chauffeur who drove lots of diesel and was used to pressing the throttle decently didn't even mentioned a single change in power.
There's no 6k service its simple checkup of coolant and other fluids, no reasons to increase mileage.
jijivishu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 01:04   #838
BHPian

After 11 months, with 2.5 months in VW ASS, the car breached the 15k mark and will be going in for first major service on Monday. I will also be getting the engine guard installed for which I have been quoted 9,000/- excluding labor.

Took her to Dehradun over the weekend, drove her sedately as it was the first road trip for our baby boy! Got a respectable 15.6 kmpl as per MID.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-c8c69eaa19e64a459b6586bd5f3fadf9.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-32a7b92105bd43cca1aa809a0806949d.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-bbb75bc421974379b533ef14be1c5b9f.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-d34f94ca4f6647a3902d6ad858b9198b.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-823ff29646254fa281b9c194848d0968.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:07   #839
BHPian

My Polo buying journey.

This post is regarding me buying VW Polo in 2022, post the news that Polo was being discontinued.

I did not fall in love with Polo until recently. Earlier I was looking at Polo as the only car in the garage where it was to be used by the entire family. Because the car was supposed to be used by the whole family, I was most concerned about the lack of rear space. I bought a Hyundai i10 in 2010 with the limited budget I had.

Fast forward to the year 2022. By now, i10 had raked up 45k on the odometer and was used as a second car in the garage. I purchased a Corolla Altis AT in 2018 to be used as a car for daily office and out-of-station drives. By now i10 had started showing its age, some electrical failures, lack of comfort, and moreover manual mode in Bangalore, which meant we were looking at an automatic car to buy.

Jan 2022, the Idea was pitched by my wife and gladly accepted by me and hence started the journey. I started filtering cars with only 2 criteria in mind - Adequate power for City / Outstation trips and Fun to Drive feel. Having driven i10 in the city and outside, I was really looking for a better, powerful hatch that was fun to drive with a good steering feel. This has narrowed down my considerations to only 2 cars: Polo and i20. I20 was immediately out of the list since I had a Hyundai before. Polo it is.

Feb 2022, Called up all showrooms in Bangalore to book a Polo Highline Plus AT, the one with rear AC vents. This model sit’s just below GT TSI but saves around 75k in taxes and features rice. This one even gets 2 remote keys.
VW JP Nagar - Yes to booking, No commitment for delivery
VW Palace Cross - No to booking
VW Hosur Road - Yes to booking, 3 months for delivery
VW Whitefield - Yes to booking, No commitment for delivery
Naturally, I went ahead and booked Polo Highline Plus AT in Flash Red via VW Hosur Road.

Mid-Feb 2022, I requested the sales advisor to include a Carbon Steel Gray color option as well since I wanted to get the car in any possible color except Silver.

From then on till early April there was complete silence from my sales advisor.

Early April, The Legend edition and news of discontinuation came together. Spoke to all the dealerships again and did not get a clear answer on how to get the legend edition.

Due to this, I got a little desperate, since we were planning to shift my current hatchback, i10, within the family and there were queries on when the transition could be done. One Saturday, I became very desperate, so I took my son and went to Nissan showroom to test drive Magnite. The car felt good to drive in the city but I was basically turned off by the condition of the car's plastics.

Dropped the plan and moved to Honda Showroom on Hosur Road, I was waiting there for a TD of Jazz Auto when my phone rang and it was my SA on the other side. He requested me to come to the showroom to talk about the legend edition. Since I was in the vicinity, I moved from one Elite property to another quickly, both Honda and VW showrooms on Hosur road are owned by the same person.

My SA mentioned that if I commit now and start the proceeding he will get the car delivered by April End. I jumped with joy and went ahead with the Carbon Steel color as it was the only one available now. Started quickly with loan proceedings and shared all the documents. I chose to go for a loan as I like to invest money in equity markets.

One day wife checked on the car color and when I mentioned Carbon Steel “Grey”, she remarked that our current i10 is also “Grey” so we should go for another color. Immediately spoke to my SA who requested a day to check on this. The next day, he called and mention that choices are not available and I have to proceed with Carbon Steel only. Spoke to my wife and she knew how much I wanted the car, so she let it slide. Full points to her.

On 18 Apr, I went for PDI as the cars had arrived in Stockyard. This is where the next surprise came. My SA had blocked a Flash Red Polo while the Carbon Steel had been allocated to someone else. The sales staff was panicking thinking they committed the same car to two customers and were expecting some noise or cancellation from my end. I meanwhile was super happy that I got the signature Flash Red color and immediately went for a PDI.

On 23 Apr, finally, the car got delivered in a gala ceremony hosted by VW. I captured the delivery experience earlier in this post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5307011 (Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review)

Since buying the car has received
Ceramic treatment from CarLux
Waterless wash 3 days a week - Carselona
Soft rubber mats for Door Pockets and Cup holders - https://www.amazon.in/Drome-Soft-Rub.../dp/B0773PRCZ9
Soft rubber cover for Key
I am delighted to say that the car is a joy to drive and I am very happy that I went for Polo instead of any other car. I finally see the benefits of having a powerful automatic hatch for the Bangalore city traffic.

Here is my car resting in a small village near Bangalore. Looking forward to long journeys with this car.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_0486.jpg

Last edited by vivek.ks : 3rd June 2022 at 14:24. Reason: Added link for rubber mats
vivek.ks is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:20   #840
BHPian

Quote:
My Polo buying journey.
Soft rubber mats for Door Pockets and Cup holders
Congrats on your purchase!

Can you share photos of these mats? Where did you buy them - online/shop?

In the last 4 months of my ownership, the only noise that's annoying me is that of the bottles and some random items kept in door pockets. I've been looking for a reliable damping solution to reduce the noise.

Last edited by akshye : 3rd June 2022 at 14:25.
akshye is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks