Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2022, 19:53   #676
HMV
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Hi guys, I am having trouble sourcing Low-Tone Horn for our Vento TSI. I checked with some VW Dealerships and none have it in stock. Also tried ordering it on boodmo. Placed order with them on 25th January but they kept changing the dates and didn’t dispatch it until now. So, cancelled it finally. Any leads to sourcing them will be really helpful. Thanks in Advance!

PS: One VW Workshop recommended to not wait as the production for those Horns has been stopped and will no longer be available. Hope it’s not true.

Last edited by HMV : 4th March 2022 at 20:13. Reason: Added Extra Information
Old 4th March 2022, 22:52   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMV View Post
Hi guys, I am having trouble sourcing Low-Tone Horn for our Vento TSI. I checked with some VW Dealerships and none have it in stock. Also tried ordering it on boodmo. Placed order with them on 25th January but they kept changing the dates and didn’t dispatch it until now. So, cancelled it finally. Any leads to sourcing them will be really helpful. Thanks in Advance!

PS: One VW Workshop recommended to not wait as the production for those Horns has been stopped and will no longer be available. Hope it’s not true.
I can source you from my city dealership if you want. Dm me
MayurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 23:34   #678
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayurS View Post
I can source you from my city dealership if you want. Dm me
Hi, Thanks for the offer. I don’t seem to be able to send & receive PMs, being a Newbie. I’d be glad if you could source it for me.
Old 5th March 2022, 10:46   #679
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Thanks for the offer. I don’t seem to be able to send & receive PMs, being a Newbie. I’d be glad if you could source it for me.
Hi, since I can’t PM you here, we can try chatting on Instagram. My username is: “hammad.vhora”.
HMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 12:11   #680
Senior - BHPian

Fellas!

I have a Red Highline Plus AT with me since last week. The car turns head even today in this color but the sheen needs to be maintained so I want to keep it covered during day time.

Please suggest a good car cover for Polo that can tolerate some gusty winds too.

Few other questions -

1) The horn is a joke and there are some posts around it. What are some horn sounds that go well with this car, I'll get an aftermarket horn accordingly.

2) High beam is utterly ridiculous, is Bi-Xenon the best & most reasonable upgrade or have people had significant success with LEDs as well?

3) There is no lumbar support in the seats. I don't want to keep any lumbar support accessory on the seat and was thinking of getting seat covers instead. Has anyone had success in lumbar support with seat covers?

4) Driver's seat feels a little tilted to the left. It doesn't bother when I'm concentrating on driving but it feels so a little, has anyone else experienced it?

5) The car pulls towards the left, very very minutely though but I can feel the difference. Its too minute to cause unever tyre wear but its there. Should I visit an outside 3d alignment shop or tell this to VW folks during my first 1000 km checkup, the car's done 400 kms since delivery last week.
fine69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 13:13   #681
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Fellas!

I have a Red Highline Plus AT with me since last week. The car turns head even today in this color but the sheen needs to be maintained so I want to keep it covered during day time.
Congratulations for the car! The Polo, with new GTI-inspired Bumpers is quite a looker. The design is so timeless.

Quote:
Please suggest a good car cover for Polo that can tolerate some gusty winds too.
I’ve had a good experience with OEM VW Body Cover for my Vento TSI. It doesn’t let dust in, says it’s waterproof (didn’t get a chance to verify it but the dew of the winter mornings didn’t intrude in the car) and covers the full car really well. Material might put swirls on the paint though and hence, I am not covering it lately.

Quote:
The horn is a joke and there are some posts around it. What are some horn sounds that go well with this car, I'll get an aftermarket horn accordingly.
Yes, the horn from the factory sounds too ridiculous. It’s due to the fact that it comes with only High-Tone and has a provision to add Low-Tone Horn, which will make it sound like typical VW Fanfare horns. You can upgrade it at your dealership if they have it in stock. Part Number for Low-Tone Horn is: 6RF951221B.

BTW, for detailed information on the horn upgrade, BHPian fluidicjoy has an amazing post (Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review) on the same.

Quote:
High beam is utterly ridiculous, is Bi-Xenon the best & most reasonable upgrade or have people had significant success with LEDs as well?
Agreed. Dual-Barrel Headlights are too useless. Haven’t done anything about the same in my car but I guess bulb upgrade should solve the problem.

Quote:
There is no lumbar support in the seats. I don't want to keep any lumbar support accessory on the seat and was thinking of getting seat covers instead. Has anyone had success in lumbar support with seat covers?
Don’t know about Polo’s seats but Vento’s Leatherette seats offer good support. It’s still not excellent but it’s acceptable. Owners of the Polo can give information on this.

Quote:
Driver's seat feels a little tilted to the left. It doesn't bother when I'm concentrating on driving but it feels so a little, has anyone else experienced it?
It happens but moving them a bit forward or backward and pushing them usually resolves it. You should hear a clicking sound when pushing after adjusting the seat.

Quote:
The car pulls towards the left, very very minutely though but I can feel the difference. Its too minute to cause unever tyre wear but its there. Should I visit an outside 3d alignment shop or tell this to VW folks during my first 1000 km checkup, the car's done 400 kms since delivery last week.
My Vento too is experiencing the same issue. It’s too little to be bothered but it’s noticeable. Will get that checked when I visit VW next time.
HMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 15:00   #682
Senior - BHPian

HMV is the kind of newbie I like on the forum!
Quote:
Congratulations for the car! The Polo, with new GTI-inspired Bumpers is quite a looker. The design is so timeless.
Its the best looking 6R till date!

Quote:
Material might put swirls on the paint though and hence, I am not covering it lately.
Swirls are ok compared to bird poop, nicks from bikes, the damn sun!

I think I'll get the OEM cover only.

Quote:
Part Number for Low-Tone Horn is: 6RF951221B....
Thanks a lot for all your other responses, much appreciated!
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 15:24   #683
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
HMV is the kind of newbie I like on the forum!
Glad I was of any help to you. Thanks for the appreciation!

Quote:
Its the best looking 6R till date!
That goes without saying! It has aged really well and continues to look swell to this very day.

Quote:
Swirls are ok compared to bird poop, nicks from bikes, the damn sun!
Since mine is Carbon Steel, swirls look horrible. Hence, I only cover it for a few day after I wash it. Once dust accumulates, I don’t. But, yes, Bird Poop for sure damages the clear coat. That has to be wiped off instantly!

Quote:
I think I'll get the OEM cover only.
It should be good enough for your requirements.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for all your other responses, much appreciated!
Anytime!
HMV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 17:56   #684
BHPian

Quote:

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-air_..._horn-5972840/ You can try this horn too. This is an OE for Laura, Superb etc. It's on the expensive side but hopefully it should get delivered.
Phukan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 18:05   #685
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-air_..._horn-5972840/ You can try this horn too. This is an OE for Laura, Superb etc. It's on the expensive side but hopefully it should get delivered.
Yes. That should work (and it’ll also get delivered since it’s ‘boodmo fulfilled’) but it’s a bit too expensive than the Polo/Vento’s. But, that is worth it too since they’re made by Clarton in Spain and might sound better but I’m currently trying to source the one that is an OE fitment for Polo/Vento (made by HITGT) as it’ll go well with the supplied OE High-Tone which is also made by HITGT.
Old 6th March 2022, 07:18   #686
BHPian

Headlights and Warranty

What kind of headlamp replacement can one do without voiding the warranty? The relay + high power halogens?
jonathanarmy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 13:27   #687
BHPian

6 Months - 7K Update - I could name my ride "Aśva - The white horse." (Comfortline AT)

I updated my boring SW to MFSW with paddlers, and it is/will be the expensive retrofit by far! But it was a much-needed functional upgrade.

7K includes mostly highway runs, a few ghats (Charmadi and Yercaud), and city beats (Bengaluru). So far, it is an uneventful journey (touchwood), except for a few scratches and a dent (keeping it for self-reminder). I continue to take care of and maintain in whatever way I can.

I got the wheel alignment and balancing from the best in Bangalore, Madhus Tyre Centre, Wilson Garden. No wonder it is the best rated! These folks are experts, and they handle all queries professionally. Thanks to Mr. Rocky, he was happy and patient enough to explain the process since I am a newbie.

Personal observations on fuel types:
IOCL: XP95 and Regular fuel types returned an average of 14-16/liter on highways, 9-11 in the city.
Shell: Wanted to experiment with both Regular and VPower. I could sense the engine performed better, and the VPower gave the extra edge on mileage. It consistently returned an unbelievable 19-20/liter on highways and around 13+ in the city.

Snapped en route to Yercaud from Palani:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20220307_131926.jpg  

TeaYesEye is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 14:31   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaYesEye View Post
I updated my boring SW to MFSW with paddlers, and it is/will be the expensive retrofit by far! But it was a much-needed functional upgrade.
Hey, could you share some more details of the installation process for the multi-functional steering wheel? Is it plug & play for the Comfortline AT variant?

Is there a requirement for any wire/connector splicing because of the on-wheel buttons or lights? Also what's the costing for that? Would be great if you could share a few pictures as well!
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 08:24   #689
BHPian

Re: Headlights and Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanarmy View Post
What kind of headlamp replacement can one do without voiding the warranty? The relay + high power halogens?
I'm also looking for advice on this. Anyone?
Old 8th March 2022, 19:33   #690
BHPian

VW retiring Polo. Special edition coming in April before saying goodbye!

akshye is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks