Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:04   #781
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Last month my Polo completed one year. So far I had done below changes.
205/55/16 yoko earth tires.
CR70 from 3M on windshields.
Std speakers replaced with Fender make.
Rear parking camera (number plate light one)
ORVM Mirror Auto fold.
80/120 alert delete.

Was itching to do something, and top in my list was a twin exhaust with valvetronic flaps. Did some search and inquiries and found that one place called code6 sarjapur road would do it. It would need full silencer pipe replacement, remus valvetronic muffler, remus twin exhaust tip. A stage 2 remap would be required to enable P&B's and also replacement filter. Total estimated cost 1.1L is not negotiable. They claim that the output increases to 140 BHP. I thought this to be a tall claim and asked for some pre and post dyno graphs for the work they have already done. After many days they didn't get the graphs, my interest was slowly subsiding. One day while dropping teenage son to school was discussing this mod his curt reply was "you old darts will buy a bs6 and delete the catcon and pollute the earth and make it unsuitable for next gen".
Suddenly whatever remaining enthusiasm also vanished.

Next in list was Vento high line led headlamp with DRL. The OEM one cost and installation is 1.5L nearly. The installer says sometimes he get second hand ones from vento, so waiting if i could get a decent one under a lakh.

Next in the list was putting leather seats. I like dark interiors. But with out a sunroof, and black trims, polo is quite claustrophobic. My other car is also full black interior, but with a full roof panoramic roof it doesn't feel dark. So I opted for nappa leather from Karlsson. Grey for seats and black for the handrest. cost is 65k, they have done a real good job. Finish is top notch. They have some new designs, but i opted for simple horizontal double line stitches.

Few pics for your enjoyment
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-dsc_0058.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-dsc_0052.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-dsc_0056.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-dsc_0062.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-dsc_0064.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-dsc_0074.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-dsc_0070.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-dsc_0069.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-dsc_0068.jpg  

motor_breathing is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 16:52   #782
BHPian

Last week, my neighbour knocked on the door at 10:30 PM. Tells me, my car's display is on. I go down right away and to my surprise, the HU was on, in a locked car. I unlocked the car and locked it back - it was still on. Then I unlocked the car, keyed the ignition on and off and then lock the car. That's when the HU goes off.

I hope this is a one-time scenario, but it could have drained the battery entirely, overnight. In all automated behaviour, we hardly pay attention if the car electronics go off after the ignition is off.

Has anyone else witnessed such behaviour?
Old 3rd May 2022, 21:59   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshye View Post
Last week, my neighbour knocked on the door at 10:30 PM. Tells me, my car's display is on. I go down right away and to my surprise, the HU was on, in a locked car. I unlocked the car and locked it back - it was still on. Then I unlocked the car, keyed the ignition on and off and then lock the car. That's when the HU goes off.

Any electrical modifications that you have on your car? Hard wired dash cam, after market reverse camera or lights or some wire splicing anywhere?
Old 3rd May 2022, 22:25   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshye View Post
I hope this is a one-time scenario, but it could have drained the battery entirely, overnight. In all automated behaviour, we hardly pay attention if the car electronics go off after the ignition is off.

If the HU is turned on after switching off the car and pulling out the key, it will continue to run even if you lock the car. If needs to be manually switched off.

So the question is, did you turn on the HU (purposely/accidentally) after removing the key from the ignition?

If no, that's scary.
Old 4th May 2022, 00:44   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
ORVM Mirror Auto fold.
How to go about with this mod? Sorry for the noob question but this is such a useful one. I very frequently forget to shut my mirrors manually and this would make my life easier.

I’m seeing a kit online at carhatke - https://carhatke.com/volkswagen-polo...ding-relay-kit

Is this the way to go? Does it void any warranty?
Old 4th May 2022, 08:48   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Any electrical modifications that you have on your car? Hard wired dash cam, after market reverse camera or lights or some wire splicing anywhere?
I do have a hard-wired dash cam. But that was right after I got my car; it's been almost 3 months now. No such signs were visible this far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
If the HU is turned on after switching off the car and pulling out the key, it will continue to run even if you lock the car. If needs to be manually switched off.

So the question is, did you turn on the HU (purposely/accidentally) after removing the key from the ignition?

If no, that's scary.
I didn't do anything. Typically, the HU remains on for a few of seconds after removing key. But this time, it stayed on indefinitely.
Old 4th May 2022, 09:39   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
How to go about with this mod?
Is this the way to go? Does it void any warranty?
Its some thing similar, an additional unit will be placed in the dash. It sends a signal to the ORVM to fold when it sense a lock unlock. No wire cuttings were required, but some additional wires were added to the empty pins of some socket. Regarding warranty, even though its plug and play, any electrical malfucntion VW will definitely blame on this, may be they will put the onus on the owner to prove otherwise. For me the unit and installation together cost 14K, so surprised at the 2K cost of the unit in the link.
Old 4th May 2022, 14:28   #788
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support: Do NOT TROLL on Team-BHP. This is not Twitter. We STRICTLY prohibit any attempts at trolling or flamebait.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th May 2022 at 08:29.
hangover is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th May 2022, 20:52   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post

Many times I’ve kept my palms on the lever at signals. The car has gone into reverse instead of 1st.
Don't want to sound like I am condemning your driving skills dude, but this exact behavior is a big NO NO! One must never rest his/her arm on the gear lever for more than few seconds.
Also, not that I am defending VW gear gates but IMO the reverse gear in VW MT is just perfect.

In case you don't have one yet, I'd recommend you get an Arm rest in your Polo, which can greatly help you get rid of resting your palm on the gear lever.
Vik0728 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 15:29   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Last month my Polo completed one year. So far I had done below changes.
Std speakers replaced with Fender make.
Hi, The car looks great in white!
I am also looking to replace the speakers in my Ameo, I have a few questions:
1. How is the sound quality compared to the stock speakers?
2. How much do these speakers cost and where did you procure them?

Thanks.
Old 8th May 2022, 00:43   #791
BHPian

Quote:

Next in list was Vento high line led headlamp with DRL. The OEM one cost and installation is 1.5L nearly. The installer says sometimes he get second hand ones from vento, so waiting if i could get a decent one under a lakh.
There’s an ad on the TeamBHP classifieds for a used pair at 75k. They seem to be in good nick.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 01:10   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Are there any specific instructions on how to run the new engine?
Be under 4k RPM for the first 1500 kms.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 14:43   #793

I own a 2020 Oct manufactured HL+ model. Third service is due in Oct 2022. It has run approximately 8500kms in this period with just one long trip to Kerala from Bhubaneswar. During that trip, I got a mileage of around 16kmpl with 4 persons and full luggage. Gradually, I’ve seen that figure dropping to hardly 9 in city traffic. Highest mileage is around 15-16 with very sedate driving on highways. Can anyone advise on what to do next? Bhubaneswar is not very famous for the service offered by the VW here.
Old 8th May 2022, 19:36   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaishak View Post
I own a 2020 Oct manufactured HL+ model. Third service is due in Oct 2022. It has run approximately 8500kms in this period with just one long trip to Kerala from Bhubaneswar. During that trip, I got a mileage of around 16kmpl with 4 persons and full luggage. Gradually, I’ve seen that figure dropping to hardly 9 in city traffic. Highest mileage is around 15-16 with very sedate driving on highways. Can anyone advise on what to do next? Bhubaneswar is not very famous for the service offered by the VW here.
This pretty much looks like the regular mileage offered by the 1.0 TSI engines, so does not seem like a cause of worry IMO. Cruise control on expressways can give you around 18ish kmpl.

City traffic makes these things thirsty. Peak Bombay rush hour traffic makes it drop to around 7 - 7.5 kmpl for me.
Old 9th May 2022, 10:40   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithishsaba View Post
Hi, The car looks great in white!
I am also looking to replace the speakers in my Ameo, I have a few questions:
1. How is the sound quality compared to the stock speakers?
2. How much do these speakers cost and where did you procure them?

Thanks.
I feel the stock speakers were better on treble and this one better on bass. Overall the improvement is marginal. especially since i like soft music. It cost around 25K if i remember correctly, when the door trims were opened for installing the mirror fold, the guys quickly told about the speakers and with out much thoughts i jumped in. Overall not worth it unless you are looking (only) for high bass
motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks