Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2022, 19:43   #916
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Completed 20k kms with my 1.0 TSI AT! The milestone came up on the trip to Chandigarh. Fuss free ownership so far, touchwood, no rattles or any other repairs related issue post the accident. The Continental UC6 are doing a great job. Given the power available on the tap, I wish VW had equipped the car with good brakes!

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-3d0c35a523bd4a24a91dd4714b9a2523.jpeg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-d312f36c58804c608766138bb5bc0423.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 14:30   #917
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Completed 20k kms with my 1.0 TSI AT! The milestone came up on the trip to Chandigarh. Fuss free ownership so far, touchwood, no rattles or any other repairs related issue post the accident. The Continental UC6 are doing a great job. Given the power available on the tap, I wish VW had equipped the car with good brakes!

Congratulations on completing 20k kms without any problems. I have a question for you what kind of mileage figures are you getting in the city and highway i get a 7-9 in city and 17 on the highway. Wishing you many fuss free miles ahead.
PrathamTSI7DSG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 16:41   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Both are completely normal.
Thanks for the assurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Completed 20k kms with my 1.0 TSI AT! The milestone came up on the trip to Chandigarh. Fuss free ownership so far, touchwood, no rattles
Congratulations on the odo! The workmanship of VW guys involved is appreciable
jijivishu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 14:53   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrathamTSI7DSG View Post
I have a question for you what kind of mileage figures are you getting in the city and highway i get a 7-9 in city and 17 on the highway.
Varies a lot, my commute requires me to take the G.Noida-Noida expressway. Worst I have seen in 9 kmpl and best I have seen is 15.5 kmpl. On the highways, yet to see the FE drop below 15 Kmpl.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 09:05   #920
BHPian

Hi BHPians!

If you had followed my thread about the ICE upgrade, you'd know there were a lot of mistakes made. One of them was the routing of signal wires to the crossover. In my research, I found that the cable that connects to the door wiring harness through the grommet ends at a molex connector. Does anyone have any idea of the size of the pins in this connector? A picture highlighting the molex connector:

Name:  sl500.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  45.2 KB

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to pass the signal cable through this molex connector, using crimp pins. I'll cut the signal cable into two pieces. One end of it will go into the female pin and the other will go into the male pin. That would make the installation a lot more professional and neat. I'm trying to procure the pins online. Part numbers will be much appreciated!

Many thanks.

Last edited by vedirah : 19th September 2022 at 09:10.
vedirah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 09:35   #921
BHPian

Hey Vishal - please check boodmo, am pasting a link here for your reference.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-6rf864207lxpa-37478115/

Otherwise, you can check with your SA off the records, am told there are a few car accessory showrooms in Mumbai and Pune that still have these in stock.

- Sameer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaljawahar View Post
Hi - I'm looking for OEM armrest for my Polo GT but it's not available anywhere. Accessories department of the dealership says it's no longer being manufactured so they don't have it anymore. Order on Boodmo is pending for more than 45 days and they keep extending the delivery date saying they are unable to source it from the manufacturer. It's available on aliexpress but that's not an option due to obvious reasons.
Is there anywhere else I can source this from?

Last edited by sameer_vwagner : 19th September 2022 at 09:37. Reason: Added a line for aftermarket shops.
Old 19th September 2022, 20:13   #922
BHPian

Got the much needed upgrade done in my Comfortline 1.0 TSI AT. Had got the Polo in April when stocks had started drying out, the only 2 options that were available then were Comfortline AT and Highline Plus MT. I really wanted AT given the city use and hence settled for Comfortline.

However, never liked the interior look with the aftermarket Blaupunkt San Marcos unit that VW gave with the car. Also the lack of steering mounted controls didn't look very appealing. After much deliberation, decided to change the audio unit to OEM VW RCD 340 unit and the OEM Highline Plus steering wheel. This was a plug and play change done by a professional installer.

Had to get the toe-in adjustment done after the steering change from VW workshop given the alignment was slightly off. Other than that, everything turned out to be just perfect.

Before:
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220919-7.46.25-pm.jpeg

After:
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220919-7.46.25-pm-1.jpeg
sid_deb is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 13:16   #923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
However, never liked the interior look with the aftermarket Blaupunkt San Marcos unit that VW gave with the car. Also the lack of steering mounted controls didn't look very appealing. After much deliberation, decided to change the audio unit to OEM VW RCD 340 unit and the OEM Highline Plus steering wheel. This was a plug and play change done by a professional installer.
Neat outcome! RCD340 definitely looks just so gorgeous in the VW cabin. I was contemplating on installing it in place of the RCD320 that was in my Polo's dash. But then - pretty much all my known avenues were quoting approximately 30K for the unit, which was way over my available budget even after a stretch. Settled for a Canbus-integrated android HU instead & did a DIY install of it.

If I may ask - how much did you pay for the RCD340 & the steering wheel? Where did you source it from? Thanks. (Why I ask - while the RCD340 is not on the cards anymore, I might be interested in sourcing a GT spec (not GTI) wheel with paddle shifters if one comes at a reasonable price.

Have you also upgraded the speaker setup? Or running stock? Any plan of changing them as well in coming days? Agreed that the one that I recently picked up is a good 8 years old specimen, but it has the worst stock speakers that I have ever listened to. Sooner or later I have to replace them for sure. I don't think the DSG has the potential to make the ICE fully redundant .

Last edited by Reinhard : 20th September 2022 at 13:21.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 18:32   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Neat outcome!

If I may ask - how much did you pay for the RCD340 & the steering wheel? Where did you source it from? Thanks.

Have you also upgraded the speaker setup? Or running stock? Any plan of changing them as well in coming days?
Thanks. I have sent you a DM on the pricing and source. Haven't upgraded the speaker setup yet, the audio quality has gone up several notches just by switching to RCD 340 and serving my needs well.
Old 22nd September 2022, 18:39   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Thanks. I have sent you a DM on the pricing and source. Haven't upgraded the speaker setup yet, the audio quality has gone up several notches just by switching to RCD 340 and serving my needs well.
Can you please share the details here so that it can help all the bhpians, i don't think your source would mind getting a few more customers from your shared information.
yesyeswe is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 05:05   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
Hi BHPians!

If you had followed my thread about the ICE upgrade, you'd know there were a lot of mistakes made. One of them was the routing of signal wires to the crossover. In my research, I found that the cable that connects to the door wiring harness through the grommet ends at a molex connector. Does anyone have any idea of the size of the pins in this connector? A picture highlighting the molex connector:

Attachment 2359461

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to pass the signal cable through this molex connector, using crimp pins. I'll cut the signal cable into two pieces. One end of it will go into the female pin and the other will go into the male pin. That would make the installation a lot more professional and neat. I'm trying to procure the pins online. Part numbers will be much appreciated!

Many thanks.
There are two sizes of crimps in this door connector, depending on the kind of wire gauge you would need. How many slots would you need? The door connector is 1K0 937 702C. You can buy these crimps (both female and male) on places like AliExpress, or buy a repair wire from VW which would include a wire crimped to these terminals.

Look up 000 979 150 E, 000 979 151 E and 000 979 132 E, 000 979 022 E. You should be able to find them on AliExpress. Hope this helps. Here is a picture of what these look like. I had bought a couple of these.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20220906_074045.jpg

Last edited by fluidicjoy : 25th September 2022 at 05:11.
fluidicjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 11:03   #927
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Can you please share the details here so that it can help all the bhpians, i don't think your source would mind getting a few more customers from your shared information.
I've upgraded from the OEM Highline Plus's headunit to Kenwood DMX8020S and speakers to Focal Integration plug and play speakers. Front are components with tweeters connected without splicing the stock wiring. Connection of tweeters needed extension of the tweeter's supplied wire, so the extension was made using heat shrink wrap as in pic. Tweeters were mounted in sail panel by cutting a hole with saw drill. I added an Alpine underseat subwoofer for a completely balanced sound. Installation was done by Motorogue, Tardeo, Mumbai. More details will be posted in a separate thread detailing all upgrades.

The sound quality is phenomenal. The Kenwood unit is head and shoulders above other brands at similar price. However, now that I've learnt what is possible with sound quality using modern audio equipment, I'll upgrade further!

The OEM unit is for sale in Team-BHP.com classified.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20220829_135328.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20220829_134436.jpg  

ais is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 11:26   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
There are two sizes of crimps in this door connector, depending on the kind of wire gauge you would need. How many slots would you need? The door connector is 1K0 937 702C. You can buy these crimps (both female and male) on places like AliExpress, or buy a repair wire from VW which would include a wire crimped to these terminals.

Look up 000 979 150 E, 000 979 151 E and 000 979 132 E, 000 979 022 E. You should be able to find them on AliExpress. Hope this helps. Here is a picture of what these look like. I had bought a couple of these.

Attachment 2361407
Thanks a lot fluidicjoy! I can see that there are two gauges available in that connector. Which of the part numbers you have shared correspond to the smaller gauge and the bigger gauge?

Also, I need two slots - one for each polarity. Does the connector have two free slots?

Regards,
Haridev
Old 26th September 2022, 12:08   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Absolutely, great idea. Anyone interested in a similar modification can get in touch with Praveen from Bengaluru at 9110295587. He also has a VAG Pro Channel on Youtube. Found him to be very knowledgeable and reliable.
sid_deb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 08:58   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_vwagner View Post
Hey Vishal - please check boodmo, am pasting a link here for your reference.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-6rf864207lxpa-37478115/

Otherwise, you can check with your SA off the records, am told there are a few car accessory showrooms in Mumbai and Pune that still have these in stock.

- Sameer
Thanks for the suggestion, Sameer. However, I had already ordered this on Boodmo but they kept postponing the delivery date and eventually canceled the order saying the seller is unable to source the part from the manufacturer.

Like I had mentioned, I contacted my SA as well and he said the OEM has stopped manufacturing the part so it’s no longer available. As per him, Polo, Vento, Ameo owners need to go for an aftermarket armrest if they really want one. But I don’t want to go for the aftermarket part as installing it requires small holes to be drilled for the screws around the handbrake area. So still on the lookout for the OEM armrest and hoping for some luck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks