Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2022, 10:21   #736
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
A parting letter from our beloved Polo:

Attachment 2294026

I don't know but that really made me feel sad. Feels like someone close just left and wrote this letter before going. Goodbye Polo.
Also, I think the last part confirms that we won't be getting a new Polo:(
DIV17 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 11:46   #737
BHPian

Quote:
I can't find any car that can actually replace the Polo now in all aspects. Yes, the N Line is competent, but still falls short of driving pleasure that the Polo can give.
Many congratulations on your new car Vedirah. I'm very happy that you made the right choice. Nothing beats the driving pleasure of a Polo, irrespective of how much Hyundai spends on their advertisements to make i20 sound better. Polo hasn't aged at all, just to compare the first generation i20 looks from a different era all together.

You mentioned about run in of 1000kms, VW cars come with pre run-in engine as far as I remember. Since you are an avid driver, do opt for their extended warranty for maximum time as its proves to be very cheap in case of any replacement of parts.

Sad to know that VW has pulled the plug on Polo, but for you its a moment to rejoice as you now own a drivers delight which others wont be able to. Wishing you many happy miles ahead brother.
skyocean is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 12:56   #738
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshye View Post
Thanks for the info.

I did ask the SA, but he said, they can't do it. drcodemyvw folks charge 6k, which I'm not willing to shell out yet for some random small modifications.

I'll definitely contact you once I recover from a million rupees deep hole in my pocket. We'll spend some fraction of a million more on this car. It sure is a keeper!
For what it’s worth our cars don’t have dedicated cornering lights. They just use the fog lights. So if you keep them on you have permanent cornering lights.

6K for basic VCDS? I did it for free from the service center back in 2014 when I bought the car. Along with wiper tear wipe, anti hijack locks etc etc
H_Dogg72 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 13:34   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIV17 View Post
I think the last part confirms that we won't be getting a new Polo:(
Well the last line is more of a cliffhanger if you ask me.

"Until next time"

Reading between the lines and keeping my fingers crossed, I feel at least the GTI variant will reach India as a CBU, much like the vRS.
skyocean is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 13:35   #740
BHPian

Quote:
A parting letter from our beloved Polo:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIV17 View Post
I don't know but that really made me feel sad. Feels like someone close just left and wrote this letter before going. Goodbye Polo.
Also, I think the last part confirms that we won't be getting a new Polo:(
It struck me as strange that they are stopping production.
Wasn't the Polo their best selling car?
Are they taking a leaf out of Toyota's book when they stopped the Qualis and got the Innova?

If this were true, then maybe they get in the Golf
jomson13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 15:52   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I move on, I pass my legacy to SUVW and sedan siblings.
Is that a word play or just a spell mistake, SUVW for Sports Utility VolksWagen?

That "Until next time " is misleading. VW India bosses already said new Polo isn't coming. VW globally has said they will be phasing out small budget cars over next 8 years. What is happening here exactly?!
Old 8th April 2022, 16:54   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabareesh10 View Post
I upsized from the stock R15 Comfortline alloys to R16 Momo Massimos. I also upgraded the rubber from the stock MRF ZVTV 185/60/R15 to the Conti UC6 195/65/R16.
Congratulations. Superb alloys. Great Choice and looks HOT on carbon steel polo.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th April 2022 at 04:34. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
Old 8th April 2022, 17:58   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I remember thinking to myself - it looks the same as it did 10 years ago. What's possibly new about the Polo? Who even buys this car these days that its still on sale?! Needless to say, this was the car at the last of my list.
I can assure you that a lot of folks who have driven the 1.2 Polo but not the 1.0 TSI may write it off as an "old" or "obsolete" product but only those who've driven both engines would know that 1.0 TSI is basically another level of beast.

The mid range is mind blowing, it doesn't lose steam all the way upto 6500 RPM and if you get addicted to Sports mode then the only thing stopping you from having more fun would be frequent visits to the fuel bunk.

A lot of people tell me that 1.0 is like a Stage 1 factory tune of 1.2 and I can't agree more. Mine is a very small family, in number as well as size, so I get to enjoy Polo even on highways and the back seat space (biggest issue that people have) doesn't really bother me as my little one is the only one back there.

Such is the power available on tap that initially I wanted to get a remap as soon as I got the car but it humbled me such that I decided I'd rather get new tyres (once due) and upgrade brakes instead.
fine69 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 19:46   #744
BHPian

Many congratulations on buying one of the most adorable cars. Wishing you many happy and grinning miles.
mohitm29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 23:31   #745

Hi

Nice choice of alloy wheels
I also wanted to ask if you have retained you existing stock alloys or swapped with the new one?
I am actively looking for OEM alloys for my Trendline Polo. If you have the OEM alloys with want to sell, please let me know.

Quote:
Dear BHPians,

If you’re still reading, thank you for your patience, presenting to you *drumroll* ‘The Grey Baron’!

Attachment 2291809

Attachment 2291818

Attachment 2291826

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th April 2022 at 04:34. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 9th April 2022, 08:01   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Is that a word play or just a spell mistake, SUVW for Sports Utility Volkswagen!
I think that is what VW calls their new line-up of SUVs for their India 2.0 project.
DIV17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 17:19   #747
BHPian

Quote:
I upsized from the stock R15 Comfortline alloys to R16 Momo Massimos. I also upgraded the rubber from the stock MRF ZVTV 185/60/R15 to the Conti UC6 195/65/R16.
Congratulations on getting this beauty of a car. However, at the cost of playing a spoilsport, and considering what you've written is NOT a typo, but a fact, that upsize is not at all recommended. That's almost a 9% increase in circumference, which means speedo error, i.e. for a speed of 100 Kmph, it'll show you 109 Kmph. Also it may seriously affect the driving dynamics of your car, and may affect handling and cornering at high speeds as well. You should consider 195/55 R16 tyre size, within the max limit of 3%.

Safe driving!
Old 11th April 2022, 19:08   #748

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
From what I understand- even the showroom installation is not gonna be giving you adaptive guidelines in your camera view. Is this something that is okay with you?

Secondly, the showroom where I did my enquiries quoted me 10K for rear camera installation so I feel there is more scope to negotiate. Your point about the installation being done at showroom is right- they can't create any warranty concern.
I have booked Polo GT TSI recently. I checked with showroom and they were not ready to install rear parking camera. Are they still installing in few showrooms?
Old 11th April 2022, 20:14   #749

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
I guess I was wrong then. I thought, the Flip camera is also available in the Tiguan range.

I did happen to read your thread in full and also the YouTube links you've shared. I am afraid I may not have so much time and energy to figure out all the nuances associated with the installation. I have to find out someone in Bangalore who can help me with the installation. Perhaps a local Car accessories shop can help me. Let me decide.

Again, thanks for the offer. Really appreciate it. I will PM you if I need anything.
What did you decide finally? Can you mention showroom. My SA denied to fit reverse parking camera and mentioned fitting it from outside will void warranty.
Old 13th April 2022, 14:02   #750
BHPian

I am expecting a delivery of my Polo GT Legend Edition in Flash red avatar in a week or two. Currently, the registration process is ongoing for the car. I am getting the GoodYear Assurance TripleMax tyres with section 195/55/R16 as stock. Would it be worth to swap these with Yokohama's Earth 1 with same section?

Last edited by sarang.vaidya : 13th April 2022 at 14:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks