Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2022, 14:00   #496
BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Its surprising to note that many people say ADAS is not suited for Indian conditions. I remember many saying the same for cruise control, yet its been one of the biggest additions in recent times in the indian mass-market auto story. It makes long distance highway driving very comfortable.

ADAS, cruise control etc come in handy when you do long distances in good divided 2/3 lane highways. Agreed, there will always be lazy truckers and idiot drivers and packed highways closer to the city that will make these pointless. But when one does a good 600 odd kilometers, they do come in quiet handy for the better part of the drive. For my recent Bangalore-Goa trip, the car was in cruise control for 90% of the drive. And I can assure you ADAS FCW would have definetly been a boon in that drive.
Different experience here. I have had cruise control in my cars for over a decade now and never been able to maintain good constant speeds thanks to erratic driving even on our so called expressways. Maybe I'm just too old school , but I'm not a place where I'd let my car take critical decisions for me with ADAS. I'd be totally paranoid. If I'm at the wheel, I have to be in full control.
Frusciante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 16:54   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
I have had cruise control in my cars for over a decade now and never been able to maintain good constant speeds thanks to erratic driving even on our so called expressways.
Hope "adaptive cruise control with stop & go" will provide a better experience even on Indian roads when compared to constant speeds requirement of the non-adaptive ones. But then the question is whether even on the test drive vehicle whether we will be comfortable letting the ADAS unit make decisions and be a standby operator!
Old 27th July 2022, 10:08   #498
Senior - BHPian

That was a wild French Kiss!, a friend remarked.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img20220727wa0024.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 27th July 2022 at 10:10.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 15:04   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
The C5 seems to have held up better (relatively).I couldn't identify the other car.
Old 28th July 2022, 19:50   #500
BHPian

Quote:
The C5 seems to have held up better (relatively).I couldn't identify the other car.
Looks to me like a Vento or Rapid but can't confirm.
Old 28th July 2022, 20:01   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't identify the other car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsWagen View Post
Looks to me like a Vento or Rapid but can't confirm.
I think it's a third-gen Octavia (Onyx edition?)
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 20:09   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
It is a Volkswagen (logo on alloys). Might be a Polo or Vento. In both cases, C5 did keep up the kiss!

Last edited by Aditya : 29th July 2022 at 04:58. Reason: Spacing, excess dots
thirumalkumaran is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th August 2022, 20:58   #503
BHPian

I recently did a test drive of the C5 - for the 2nd time actually, once before at the time of launch. Considering the insane price hike of almost all vehicles in the recent months, I feel the C5 somehow justifies its price tag based on its overall quality and depth of engineering. I plan to go for the vehicle in the coming months, but at the same time would like to check out the facelift when/If it arrives.
I spoke to the Sales person, but he has not got any news regarding the same. If given the choice between the new Tucson vs the C5 Aircross, I would choose the C5 every single time. Something about the Tucson doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited by Harsha89 : 26th August 2022 at 20:59. Reason: forgot to add a word
Harsha89 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 22:19   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
I recently did a test drive of the C5 - for the 2nd time actually, once before at the time of launch. Considering the insane price hike of almost all vehicles in the recent months, I feel the C5 somehow justifies its price tag based on its overall quality and depth of engineering. I plan to go for the vehicle in the coming months, but at the same time would like to check out the facelift when/If it arrives.
I spoke to the Sales person, but he has not got any news regarding the same. If given the choice between the new Tucson vs the C5 Aircross, I would choose the C5 every single time. Something about the Tucson doesn't sit well with me.
As a C5 owner, I completely adore my car. Never a moment where I have regretted my decision. Even the ASS experience has been great (in Mumbai). As far as comparison with the new Tucson goes, the C5 is leagues ahead in terms of looks. It has a timeless classic design unlike the Tucson full of weird cuts and creases. But when it comes to features and tech, I do grudgingly admit the Tucson does pack a punch. In terms of ride quality, I haven't driven the Tucson but I doubt it can beat the C5 in that department. So overall yeah, if you dont mind letting go of some cool features like 360 degree camera, ventilated seats etc... you can't go wrong with a C5. You're also likely to get your car with almost no waiting period.
Frusciante is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 01:47   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
I plan to go for the vehicle in the coming months, but at the same time would like to check out the facelift when/If it arrives.
I spoke to the Sales person, but he has not got any news regarding the same.
As per the dealer in Pune, the facelift C5 will be launched by middle of September. But he also mentioned to expect a price hike of around 2 lakh for the facelift version.
sups is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 19:13   #506
BHPian

How not to sell a car ft. Citroen

Hello BHP-ians. After lurking on this forum for about 10 years, I've finally joined as a member.

I am one of the many BHP-ians who is stuck in the long waiting list of XUV700 and scouting for other alternatives. Owing mostly Hondas and Toyotas with bulletproof reliability, the ideas of niggles persisting in the XUV surely gives me a lot to worry about.

After reading the positive reviews, I called up the Citroen showroom in Mumbai. The SA informed me that they are looking to sell 3 models within the month which are lying in the showroom and are a little eager, hence willing to negotiate on the pricing. I asked the SA to WhatsApp the brochure and Pricelist and requested to schedule a test drive for the next day, i.e. Sunday.

For most of the day, I heard nothing from the SA. I reminded him a couple of times, and ultimately he apologised stating that he was out to customer locations for test drives. Since, I too was eager on closing my purchase decision, I therefore called the SA and sent him a reminder message, which were left unanswered and late in the evening I get the priceless and brouchure yet no confirmation on the time for test drive.

The next day I call the SA and it's not answered. He subsequently calls me to inform me that the management has taken a decision to not take out the car on "weekends" for test drive as they expect a lot of walk in customers. To which I told him that yesterday was a Saturday, and you were out for test drive the whole day. And till yesterday the test drive was confirmed. He wasn't the one to be reasoned and he simply blamed it on the management and ended the call.

I therefore called the showroom to speak with the manager. The team leader answered and he immediately apologised about the harrowing attitude of the SA. He said that the manager is not available. He said that there's no such management decision and infact the car is going to go on a test drive. And in the morning meeting even my test drive was scheduled. He said he's unaware why his colleague said that the cars don't go for test drives on weekend, as they went on Saturday and are scheduled for Sunday. I told him that I'm not interested as the experience so far has been far less pleasurable. He even asked the SA to call me, I told the SA that I'm not interested and put off by the experience to which the SA replied "Sir, do not give me all that, now we have arranged a car for you." Speak about entitlement!

The showroom kept chasing for a test drive and repeatedly called to reconsider my decision. Ultimately the car had come for test drive. I waited for the SA to get out and greet, however he stayed in the car and waited for me to approach him. Talk about French hospitality. He asked me if I would like to drive, to which I replied. 3 family members sat at the back. My father immediately informed the SA that he's not comfortable with the seat and wishes to adjust the backrest. The SA once again planted on his seat just nonchalantly informed my father, "you will find a lever somewhere". After about 2 minutes of requesting and coaxing him, he finally reluctantly got out of his seat to show it.

While the car was brilliant, and the suspension deserve a separate post, through my 10 minutes long test drive, the SA kept quiet. To a point where we had to ask him "Do you want to tell us anything about this car". He's like "yes, it's a good car. It has many standard features." And that summarised his marketing the car, leaving us on our own to figure out the features, the USPs and what is good, bad and ugly about the car.

At the end of the test drive, we informed the SA that we wished to see the boot, he's like "it's at the back you can open and see it." I gave him a blank stare. I'm sure one will not be able to sell the Citroen C3 with this attitude, let alone a car that costs Rs. 40L+!

The test drive ended with the SA calling the primary SA who I was speaking since the last 2 days. Who on the phone asked me if I got the test drive, and he said we will talk later about the sales and other formalities.

The SA after the TD floored the accelerator and zoomed the car out of the Building. He drove way above 60km on the short and narrow podium, where you often finds kids playing or cars coming up and down the slope with a blind spot. Which irked my security as it was a sure shot threat.

My wife got out of the car and exclaimed "The most French thing about this car, was the attitude of the Sales Advisors". Downright impolite and made no efforts to pitch sales. Just a week back Volkswagen, Hyundai and Skoda's SAs were trying every trick from their book to get us to close the sales with them and here we have the new kid on the block, writing a new chapter in the book of marketing titled 'How not to sell a car'.

I'm sure the product is capable of selling a lot more units, but for the disastrous sales team. And

Ps. It's been over a week, the Citroen SA has still not called to follow up on the possible sale. Had this experience been more courteous, I'm sure I would have booked the car, as I am in the look out for an immediate delivery car. And the car itself is brilliant.
3WiseMen is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 21:48   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3WiseMen View Post

I waited for the SA to get out and greet, however he stayed in the car and waited for me to approach him. Talk about French hospitality.
I don't think your sales advisor was French.
And from what you have narrated, I can see its more of the problem of the dealership personnel rather than that of the C5 Aircross. I agree that a bad purchasing experience can ruin a vehicle's success, But I'm sure you can give it another go, If you're really liking the vehicle.

My experience has been the total opposite with Citroen Coimbatore. The Sales Advisor was extremely courteous, prompt and friendly. He got down from the vehicle as soon as he saw me approaching and greeted me with a warm smile and hello. I was even able to take a long test drive at my leisure and he explained all features patiently. For me, he seemed far more knowledgeable about the vehicle, than what a typical SA is.

At the end of the drive, I was throughly satisfied with the customer service as well as the vehicle.

My advice - Don't lose heart based on a single bad episode. Plan your next visit to the dealership, try to contact a higher official in Citroen and maybe get assigned a different SA. Hope things turn out to be the best for you, friend.

- Cheers
Harsha89 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 22:22   #508
Senior - BHPian

Opposite experience I had in Bengaluru. The SA was the most courteous when she came home, and pretty well informed. I almost picked it up, but my Dad pointed to the fact that there was not a single car is on the roads (Way back in time, during launch), so we paused it
Quote:
Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 09:38   #509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ps. It's been over a week, the Citroen SA has still not called to follow up on the possible sale. Had this experience been more courteous, I'm sure I would have booked the car, as I am in the look out for an immediate delivery car. And the car itself is brilliant.
He is just a sales adviser, maybe non-trained, probably under-paid & it maybe his first job.

Don't let that cloud your judgement about this wonderful car, if you decide to buy this or any other car, it is going to be you and the car. I usually do this & recommend others to have a look at the service center & it is always good to speak with floor managers / supervisors / mechanics prior to buying the car, especially for a new brand.

Don't let this experience deter you from buying the car if you like, I too was angry with the way my SA behaved when I was buying my Ford in '10, but, post purchase, it was me and the car.

Happy buying .

Last edited by Sheel : 29th August 2022 at 15:32.
Sheel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 13:46   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to know your experience. Anybody will be put off with this sort of behaviour.

On the contrary, the dealership at Pune, B4S Motors, has been brilliant. They have so far arranged three test drives, and all within very short notice. And in all these drives, they have been pushing me to go for longer duration test drives. If I compare my dealership experience for the last three car purchase (Hyundai, Toyota and Jeep respectively), the Citroen Pune dealership has been the best.

As other members said, it would be better to not decide on the car purchase based on dealership experience.

I am about to book one of the few left C5's before the facelift comes next month along with a price hike.
sups is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks