Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2021, 10:08   #391
BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
The C5 comes home
Congratulations for the lovely car. I am sure you will get many heads turning whenever you are on road.

Can you share some interior pics here?
TheVegabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 11:44   #392
BHPian

Congrats on this lovely car. Not many will go with Citroen C5 considering its price for features combo but if I had the budget, I'd keep the final decision between C5 and newly launched Tiguan, nothing else. I hope you and your family have a happy and safe ride in it and I wish Citroen to keep growing in India and roll in C5's younger sibling C3 very soon.
Excommunicado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 11:44   #393
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. Looks great. I guess, this might be the first C5 in here. Waiting to hear more ride experiences.
enj0y_ride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 12:00   #394
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations ! C5 is a total head turner, there is one in my area and probably only one in my city. I just keep looking at it, whenever I come across it. It's a total heart over head buying decision.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 12:10   #395
BHPian

Congratulations streetfighter! Citroen Cars are a real pleasure to drive especially the diesel engines. I have driven them a few times over the last 15 years outside India and have never been disappointed by the performance. Wish you many happy and safe drives with this.
anandavinash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 12:27   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted C5 aircross for the first time on road.

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-20211207_095215.jpg

The car had an unique French aura to it. Can't be mistaken for any other brand. It did resemble Renault Koleos from a distance, from the rear.

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-20211207_094949.jpg

The front definitely had more character than the rear
PrasannaDhana is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 13:19   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The C5 comes home ... and my signature is updated too !
What a fantastic car. Read the review again, and the C5 Aircross gives me the impression of a car that's engineered and built to a much higher standard than the Compass or Tucson. Other models that had the same feel in India were the Karoq, T-Roc, Tiguan and Kodiaq!

All of them were criticized for being too expensive but that quality is totally worth the price in my opinion.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:05   #398
BHPian

Quote:
The C5 comes home ... and my signature is updated too
Hey congrats on the car! What do you mean by signature updated?

Seems to be the only C5 on TBHP. We're all awaiting more pics and updates.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:42   #399
BHPian

Citroen C5 did not receive the credit it deserved, despite receiving super positive reviews.
Wishing you many more miles of happy driving and error-free ownership.

Quote:

The dealership team provided 2 miniature models of the C5 Aircross to both my kids.
Based on this first photoshoot, it appears you like the miniature model more than the original.

Last edited by Torque250 : 7th December 2021 at 14:49. Reason: Quoted picture removed
Torque250 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 15:14   #400
BHPian

Wow! Many many congratulations on the new purchase.

You hit the nail on the head, heart ruled over head. For most it may seem as too expensive, but for the few, who prefer ride comfort more, over the handling part, I think it is a brilliant car.

It is same as any other expensive products from LV or Gucci etc. they provide relatively superior quality and obviously snob value to command a higher price.

Can't wait for you to fill up the forum with Pics and owners review of the same.
sidharthg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 00:25   #401
BHPian

Many Congratulations for new family member. Yes, ride quality is among best in segment.

Waiting for 5K report soon.
Happy aircrossing!
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 09:44   #402
BHPian

Funny Incident from Uniform Life;
We managed to impress a French 3star with our Para skills to an extent he invited us to train with his team in the Alps. The right to choice fell with me, my superior and his and his wanted me to take the best of men so that the positive impression continued, this I did but the hurly burly men of para div spoke only para language, to normal ears that went between few words of Hindi and choicest of abuses
Now we landed in France and the courteous hosts arranged for a translator, no doubt he spoke chaste English but with French pronunciations, so the French had three Citroën vehicles, Berlingo, C3 Saint James and Alencon, when spoken by the translator it sounded like Beringo, San Jam and Econ...first day we are all suited, mind you that's all geared with 30kgs of material of different kinds...the French JCO yelled something which meant we needed to board three vehicles in file and column, none understood even when translated so we stood confused (it was freezing sub temp in the alps) till one Jat boy yelled back "Durge Mataa Ki Jaay" and we all loaded ourselves in the Berlingo much to the horror and confusion of our hosts
tatafanatic is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 16:03   #403
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car and hopefully more owners add their reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatafanatic View Post
Funny Incident from Uniform Life;
till one Jat boy yelled back "Durge Mataa Ki Jaay" and we all loaded ourselves in the Berlingo much to the horror and confusion of our hosts

Sir we need more such stories. Could you please start a thread or add more to the jokes thread.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 09:15   #404
BHPian

Congratulations!! This is a lovely car albeit the price. But you will have the unique and novelty factor making you happy for a much longer time!! A different car always has its own charm so thats money well spent!!

Very few/ none of the competitor cars even a notch above or rather the germans as well can match the ride quality of the C5. Hoping the service guys take good care.

Happy miles!!
SN88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 15:38   #405
BHPian

Thank you everyone for the good wishes. Enjoying the small drives in the city but itching for that long trip. A long trip is planned coming week

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVegabond View Post
Congratulations for the lovely car. I am sure you will get many heads turning whenever you are on road.

Can you share some interior pics here?
Interior pics were shared in the original review - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5001198 (Citroen C5 Aircross Review)
Sharing a few more...
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_7097.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_7101.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_7100.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_7098.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_7102.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Congratulations ! C5 is a total head turner, there is one in my area and probably only one in my city. I just keep looking at it, whenever I come across it. It's a total heart over head buying decision.
Absolutely a heart over head decision, but loving it to the core. "Money can buy comfort and happiness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandavinash View Post
Congratulations streetfighter! Citroen Cars are a real pleasure to drive especially the diesel engines. I have driven them a few times over the last 15 years outside India and have never been disappointed by the performance. Wish you many happy and safe drives with this.
Same here, I had driven a Citroen earlier, probably that experience made the buying decision easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Hey congrats on the car! What do you mean by signature updated?
I meant that the team-bhp signature for my name has been updated. Normally, we bhpians put the names of our cars we drive in the signature, hence I updated that (for reference, look at the last section in this post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque250 View Post
Citroen C5 did not receive the credit it deserved, despite receiving super positive reviews.
Wishing you many more miles of happy driving and error-free ownership.

Based on this first photoshoot, it appears you like the miniature model more than the original.
Good observation. I am not able to shoot many pictures of the car as I am the sole driver. So I was toying with the camera at home. Promise to share more pics in coming days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharthg View Post
Wow! Many many congratulations on the new purchase.

You hit the nail on the head, heart ruled over head. For most it may seem as too expensive, but for the few, who prefer ride comfort more, over the handling part, I think it is a brilliant car.

It is same as any other expensive products from LV or Gucci etc. they provide relatively superior quality and obviously snob value to command a higher price.

Can't wait for you to fill up the forum with Pics and owners review of the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post
Congratulations!! This is a lovely car albeit the price. But you will have the unique and novelty factor making you happy for a much longer time!! A different car always has its own charm so thats money well spent!!

Very few/ none of the competitor cars even a notch above or rather the Germans as well can match the ride quality of the C5. Hoping the service guys take good care.

Happy miles!!
Couldn't agree more, you've echoed my thoughts. Yes it is pricey, but I felt it is a better product in terms of fit, finish and quality. The recent issues with Compass did give me jitters as I didn't want a hit or miss product (most new compass owners have fingers crossed and praying that issues should not crop in in their vehicle). The quality of product and the quality of dealership and its employees was also very good. Right from sales head to service manager, accounts manager, to the guy who explained features, to the CRM head, each one was friendly and shared their contacts.
Post my purchase, many friends and family members questioned why I didn't go for the big Germans... but as soon as they looked and experienced the vehicle, they did agree the car was indeed good. Many also loved the fact that the spare wheel was Michelin, full size and alloy, unlike many other manufacturers. Of course the ride quality, silent cabin, and comfortable seats were the other talk points.
I am yet to do my first service, will keep you guys posted. Some more pics...

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_7193.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_7191.jpg

I got a grass matt for my pet. She has her own (boot) space now and enjoys every bit
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_7155.jpg

The 3-D tails lamps are gorgeous
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_7076.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_7078.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_7079.jpg  

streetfighter is offline   (23) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks