Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2022, 22:16   #466
BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

Excellent pics Frusciante. Love the greenery in background. Makes the black pop out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
On that note I’m curious to know more about the active TPMS you have mentioned in your post.
I got this Nexdigitron TPMS sensor. You simply need to screw it in. There are plenty of options out there, including here in tbhp forum.
the.city is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 13:58   #467
BHPian

Did any other C5 owners get a call from their service centers about calling in cars for a general ECU update? I got a call and they mentioned it was a regular software update, a 2 hour job. Wondering if anyone else went through it.
Old 12th March 2022, 11:13   #468
BHPian

Since Citroen has limited number of dealers/service centers, just wanted to know how owners in non-dealer towns are getting their cars serviced. I understand that Citroen has a "flying doctor" service for them. Do they charge additional for this facility?
Old 14th March 2022, 15:26   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
Since Citroen has limited number of dealers/service centers, just wanted to know how owners in non-dealer towns are getting their cars serviced. I understand that Citroen has a "flying doctor" service for them. Do they charge additional for this facility?
It is free, from what I have been told by C5 customers from non dealership covered cities.
Frusciante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 21:00   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Did any other C5 owners get a call from their service centers about calling in cars for a general ECU update? I got a call and they mentioned it was a regular software update, a 2 hour job. Wondering if anyone else went through it.
I got a call too. Not gone through it yet. Planning for next week.
the.city is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 00:42   #471
BHPian

Quote:
[*]I used to drive my City on the expressways at respectable 80+ speeds and every time I saw a swish SUV whiz past, I used to wonder what made them want to break speed limits and tear through when other cars are also almost at a 100kmph. Well now I know. The kind of torque and power on tap that this car can produce is mind-blowing and even going from zero, you won’t realize when the car is at 120 kmph+ if it were not for the warning beeps. I’m certainly not advocating breaking speed limits but I can completely relate to the restrained feel that drivers of cars like these feel on an open road when restricted to a speed limit.
I agree, coming from an i10 , going lower in an Alto K10 and climbing up in the current Nexon, there's a day and night difference in highway driving at night, there's less glare from incoming traffic due to higher seating position (horrible in hatchbacks/sedans , every make and build), but in city, I guess one cannot escape the lord Activa with auto activated high beam, (every LED equipped 2 wheelers nowadays) , one needs a truck to avoid glare and un-necessary blinking maruti cars with led headlamps (Tech Goes Bold??)
FASTLIFE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 00:07   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a feature list on paper, more the merrier not thinking about what it really adds to their drive. I still can't fathom what value 64 colour mood lights add to a car if it doesn't give you an excellent ride. But priorities are skewed . For those shopping in the 30-45 L bracket and focused on SUVs/CSUVs, you either get a very dated Tuscon at the lower end of that price spectrum or one can join the herd and get a white fortuner coz that what everyone else does. In my humble opinion thats where the C5 hits a sweet spot, focusses on being a great car for the 40L you pay.
I don't care much for mood lighting but things like ventilated seats, 4x4 etc that the jeep compass gets is definitely something that can be useful and should be considered seriously. 360* camera as well is something that could be useful though its not really a deal breaker for me. Wireless charger is pointless unless it also comes with wireless carplay. Considering its also cheaper, the compass does make a fairly strong point for itself. However, the lethargic 9 speed gearbox and the average suspension takes it down a few notches and in the end, those are what really makes a car worth owning for someone who likes to reach his destination quicker.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 18:19   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I don't care much for mood lighting but things like ventilated seats, 4x4 etc that the jeep compass gets is definitely something that can be useful and should be considered seriously. 360* camera as well is something that could be useful though its not really a deal breaker for me. Wireless charger is pointless unless it also comes with wireless carplay. Considering its also cheaper, the compass does make a fairly strong point for itself. However, the lethargic 9 speed gearbox and the average suspension takes it down a few notches and in the end, those are what really makes a car worth owning for someone who likes to reach his destination quicker.
Righto. It's all about the "Experience". In this day and age of cab aggregators and online portals, the only reason to still buy a car with its associated costs is if you enjoy the drive. And that's where the C5 triumphs over most of its competition including the entry level German biggies. I would extend the experience bit to reliability and hassle free ownership experience too. Having read yours and other responses on what TATA vehicle ownership feels like, I'm so glad I didn't pick the Harrier which was also one of my contenders when I was out in the market. The Compass, apart from the factors you have mentioned did not work out for me as it is significantly smaller and cramped, both for the passengers and luggage, and personally the ride quality felt much plusher in the C5.
Frusciante is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 21:07   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.city View Post
Recently took 1060km round trip from Hyderabad to Hampi and back. Shared the route experience in the dedicated Hampi thread (Hyderabad to Hampi : Route Queries). Using this thread to share the ride experience.
Quote:
Excellent points. And in continuum with my earlier comment on our car journeys being very similar , I too took my C5 out for a long spin last week ( 1800 kms - Mumbai-South Goa-Murudeshwar).
Very encouraging to read your feedback for prospective buyers like me.

I have a Compass diesel manual and have been looking for a diesel automatic and that's how C5 comes into the picture. The usage of back seat is important for me as my wife and son travels quite a lot in the back seat.

I drove C5 for around 15-20 minutes in the city with my family. It was extremely easy to drive in the city compared to manual compass. The standout point was how muted were the speed breakers and road undulations in C5 as compared to the compass. Both myself and my family were very impressed with the ride comfort. The automatic gearbox was seamless and that mated with the powerful engine and a quiet cabin leaves a lasting impression.

However, there was one major turn-off point and for which I would like to have your opinion as you have experienced the car in long drives. The rear seat depth was low and as a result the under thigh support seemed inadequate even for average build person like me (I am 5 ft 7 inch by the way). The legroom was also very average. These two factors did not add to the comfort in the short drive. Any comments from your family members seating at the back? After the drive when my wife went back to our compass, her immediate comment was: "compass feels so much airy in comparison". It is only the "feel" factor, because dimension wise C5 is bigger. I must say that there is no such feeling in the front, it was only in the back.
Old 26th April 2022, 14:02   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
However, there was one major turn-off point and for which I would like to have your opinion as you have experienced the car in long drives. The rear seat depth was low and as a result the under thigh support seemed inadequate even for average build person like me (I am 5 ft 7 inch by the way). The legroom was also very average. These two factors did not add to the comfort in the short drive. Any comments from your family members seating at the back? After the drive when my wife went back to our compass, her immediate comment was: "compass feels so much airy in comparison". It is only the "feel" factor, because dimension wise C5 is bigger. I must say that there is no such feeling in the front, it was only in the back.
During my pre-purchase comparison, I too observed the same, that rear seat in the C5 seems less supportive. But I think in the Compass, the rear seat is at an angle which makes one feel the support is better. The rear seat in C5 is more flat in comparison. For someone 5'7", the thighs would certainly not touch the seats fully. The rear leg room is also just about adequate as you've observed, especially for tall people. The individual sliding rear seats is a marketing gimmick as this does not liberate more legroom (rather reduces legroom as it slides forward. This forward sliding is good to increase boot space).
In my C5, the rear seat is primarily occupied by my kids (and sometimes by my wife), and they've been extremely comfortable during the long drives. I've done Mumbai-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Mumbai and Mumbai-Goa-Coorg-Mumbai and all of us have been pretty comfortable. I'd like to add that the comfort also comes from the nice suspension, powerful AC, noise insulation, and the seamless gear changes.
The Compass' airy feeling is probably due to the light colored seats and interior. C5 isn't bad in any sense. Not sure which model you test-drove, but the panoramic sunroof does help to make the cabin feel super spacious and airy.
I see you are from Pune, thats where I had bought my car from. The B4S guys are good and quite helpful. Do another longish test drive before you finalize. DM me if you have any more queries.
streetfighter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 18:22   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post

Similar observations as what @streetfighter has quoted above. I have had rear seat occupants who are in the 5.5 to 5.7 feet range accompany me on my outstation drives and they had no trouble whatsoever. Infact the 33% split seats took slightly more getting used to as we all come from cars with rear bench seats but the leg room/underthigh support is more than adequate for most passengers. Good luck with your purchase
Old 6th May 2022, 00:18   #477
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
[list][*]I usually abhor night driving, even in the city let alone the highways. But the C5 with its spectacular LED projector illumination, driving position, powerful braking and overall road manners and build quality enabled me to undertake an 8+ hour night drive from Kolhapur to Mumbai at highway worthy speeds. A small personal win for me. [*].
Are you sure the top end C5 comes with led projectors, the sales guy said LED's in reflectors or did Citroen cut down on this feature too
Old 6th May 2022, 12:24   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Are you sure the top end C5 comes with led projectors, the sales guy said LED's in reflectors or did Citroen cut down on this feature too
That's strange. I think they are definitely LED projectors.
Old 7th May 2022, 22:39   #479
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to the sales guy again, he says no projectors, can you share a pic of the projectors?
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 01:04   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. They are LED reflectors. There are no projectors inside the headlight assembly.

Name:  337978A97924436C83E74397AF8942B2.jpeg
Views: 867
Size:  35.5 KB
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks