Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 00:04   #406
BHPian

Another Citroen Buying (and first month) Detailed experience

I've been procrastinating on making a post for past few weeks, but thanks to streetfighter, I got tempo to finally post my experience

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-20211218_150157.jpg
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-20211218_150424.jpg

Deliberations

The new car bug bit me in 2020. However, 2020 and early 2021 was a whitewash. I switched my energies in the more theoretical studies. I spent a lot of time on TBHP, YouTube and other vehicle related websites.

I wanted mid-size SUV/CSUV. Good ground clearance and good boot space were key factors in mind. Coming from Honda City, I quickly recognized that it's very tough to beat the comfort and ride quality with similar ~1.5L CSUVs in market. Especially because I had the good luck of landing with a TC auto gearbox of the ANHC back in 2012 - not the CVT of recent Honda cars. CVT was the primary reason I skipped Honda in my considerations -- well, that and the fact that they don't sell CR-V anymore! My original budget was 30-35L range. I was surprised by how few vehicles are available in this range. Some of my notes about vehicles I considered --
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-carcomparison1.png
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-carcomparison2.png
  • Jeep Compass - Excellent vehicle. Top end has 4x4 and 360 cam. Unfortunately it's too small a vehicle for what I wanted. Especially rear seat and boot space. Moreover, the negative feedback of Jeep's auto box in this forum was also in my mind.
  • Premium brands - I was already crossing my budget upper limit with C5. So I thought may be cross it bit further and try out premium brands. I tested BMW X1 and Volvo XC40. Merc GLA and Audi Q2 were too small for my requirements. Both X1 and XC40 were impressive vehicles but rear seats for both are way too small. Unfortunately, neither could match the ride quality of C5. Talking more with dealership gave me an impression that buying the cheapest premium brand car is not the best idea. The real comfort and ride quality starts with the one-step larger vehicles (X3, XC60, GLC, Q5). I spent several weeks looking for pre-owned X3, XC60..etc but no luck. TBHP forum also has great nuanced advice against pre-owned post-warranty premium cars.
  • Hyundai Tucson - It went down to Tucson vs C5 in the end for me. Tuscon is an great vehicle. It has all the right features but the old styling and the fact that new Tuscon is around the corner was a major downside. I was really hoping that there will some launch plan announced for 2022 - and I was ready to wait for it too. Unfortunately no one, including the dealer had any idea on new Tucson launch dates. I had to make a call and decided to stop delaying further.
  • Not available - VW Tiguan and Skoda Kodiaq were not available at the time I was looking. BS6 had forced both to be discontinued temporarily with the plan to launch with 2L Petrol in future. I believe Tiguan is on it's way now. Not sure about Kodiaq. Either way, I was slightly wary of going with 2L Petrol.

After months of deliberations and weekends spent across town in dealerships, I finally took the plunge. Booked in mid-Nov. Received delivery in ~2 weeks to get Citroen Nov sales to triple digits (November 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis) .

Vehicle experience and tidbits

Sharing some detailed objective feedback, trying to keep my new car euphoria aside.
  • Ride quality: Ride quality is just mind blowingly good. It's impossible to explain in words. You literally just glide over bad roads. The marketing gimmick of 'flying carpet' and what not, is actually .. kind of .. true. (to my own surprise). Yes, the soft suspension adds to body roll. But honestly, I didn't find it any better in other 'taller' vehicles such as XC40. In fact, my honest suggestion to anyone considering C5 would be to NOT test drive C5 as your first vehicle. That's what happened with me. I booked a few test drives and C5 happened to be the first one. After its test drive I just couldn't find that level of comfort in others.
  • Engine/Transmission: I'm extremely impressed with vehicle power and gearbox. You rarely ever 'feel' the gear shift. May be the 1st to 2nd shift, but then everything else is very smooth. This was a big factor in my decision. I don't know if it's me coming from 1.5L naturally aspirated Petrol to 2L Turbocharged Diesel but the raw power really surprised me. You're never short of bhps when overtaking. I don't think the vehicle even downshifts every time I decide to push the accelerator for overtaking. There's just so much power available.
  • Stability: The composure and stability of vehicle at high speeds is exceptional. In fact, I need to make a conscious mental shift on how I perceive vehicle speeds. It's so easy to reach 80s in casual City driving without even realizing it. (This might also be due to my low-to-high sitting position change coming from City). Either way, the build quality and driving experience feels premium.
  • Seats: The 33-33-33 rear seat configuration is actually good if one your seats is occupied by child car seat. Yes, you get less space per person. If you or your family is on the.. well.. heavier side then you may find it uncomfortable. However, at 1970mm the vehicle's wider than Fortuner or Innova or Endeavour or Gloster. That helps with rear seat - you don't have shoulders rubbing each other with 3 people sitting on back. It also helps with the front seat experience with wide seats and spacious feeling in cabin. A friend even joked that C5 front seats helps you follow social distancing when outside
  • Storage: The central arm rest storage space is huge. And I mean HUGE. I stored by wife's large hand bag, 1L water bottle, phone holder and a variety of other small items in there. Best part is it's cooled. You get nice chilled water during your ride.
  • Glove box: The opposite sentiment for the glove box. The space is half the size of normal glove boxes. They left the fuse box there when converting the vehicle to right-hand drive.
  • The electronics - touch screen, center console, steering wheel buttons, etc - are all good but it's clearly visible that they're cut down version of original European vehicle. Ex. There's a button for directly initiating navigation. But that button doesn't work unless you have Android Auto / Apple CarPlay connected. European vehicle has an in-built navigation which also shows directions on driver console behind steering wheel. The parking camera gives you a 360degree view but with only the rear cam. As you back up, it will stich the images. Again, original car has both front and rear cams. I honestly miss the 360 view on this wide vehicle. Thankfully there's proximity sensors. Any one coming from MGs or XUVs will find the touchscreen small. I feel it's an adequate size but low pixel-density.
  • TPMS: On electronics, I didn't like the fact that they don't have active TPMS. You get a low pressure warning but it doesn't tell you which tire. From what I read, it's a byproduct of zillion of transmission sensors and ABS/ESP/<another three letter acronym> system. The system senses differential rotational tire speeds to warn you of possible pressure loss. (Someone more knowledgeable should correct me if I got that wrong). I don't care how cool it sounds, they should have given in-built TPMS.
  • Door lock: The weirdest observation for C5 for me was the door lock. Pulling the door handle from inside overrides central locking's LOCK status and simply opens the door. There's central locking button on center dash but there's no dedicated physical lock button/slider/tab on the door itself. I don't know if it's a thing on other cars too. In some way this is good -- I never end up in situation where I accidentally try to open a locked door then spend next few seconds trying to figure out which way should I twist the lock switch. On other side, I find it really unsafe. I'm going with the assumption that car electronics won't unlock-and-open the door when vehicle is moving but I'm yet to test this out. (To be honest I don't think I'll test it :/). Of course, this doesn't happen on rear doors with Child Lock <wipes sweat off the head>, phew.
  • Door design: Another peculiar observation are doors, which go all the way down. I don't know if any other vehicle is designed this way, but C5 doors wrap all the way to the bottom. All cars I could find have a strip of metal at bottom which is not part of door. That way you can see the door outline when you see the vehicle from side. Now, I don't care so much about the design, but C5 doors going all the way down means that they get dirty at the bottom, especially in wet weather. That dirt is visible on the inside when you open the door. I wonder if this will affect the door's paint coating in long term. It also looks a bit shabby when you open the door. It's not a big deal but it's one of those you-cant-unsee-it situations.
    Citroen C5 Aircross Review-20211218_150722.jpg
  • Note - Feature removals: Since Nov, there are two features silently removed from the car -- 1) the physical key door lock slot on outside is removed from driver side. It's only on passenger side now. Weird, but okay. 2) Boot open button on driver console is removed. This one hurt me a bit. It was a slick option to open boot when you're entering mall or office for inspection. You could just tap that '2x boot open' button and done. You can still open the boot with key or the security person can press the button on boot door. Still, I feel that driver console button was nicer.
Overall, I will admit I do get that 'they should have given that feature for this price' thought occasionally. However, every vehicle has some or other small absurdity. The moment I step on gas, I forget all these minor feature issues and enjoy the wonderful ride. I'd seriously recommend anyone considering entry level vehicles of premium brands to try out Citroen C5.

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-20211218_151728.jpg
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img20211119wa0005.jpg

Many thanks to CircleOfLife for your inputs on this thread and to TBHPians for their helpful insights on literally everything - vehicle details, ride experiences, dealership negotiation, insurance, PDI, registration - just every possible bit of buying experience. Amazing stuff folks. I cannot thank this community enough!
the.city is offline   (109) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 02:54   #407
BHPian

Re: Another Citroen Buying (and first month) Detailed experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.city View Post
My original budget was 30-35L range. I was surprised by how few vehicles are available in this range.
[*] Hyundai Tucson -Unfortunately no one, including the dealer had any idea on new Tucson launch dates. I had to make a call and decided to stop delaying further.
[*] Not available - VW Tiguan and Skoda Kodiaq were not available at the time I was looking. I believe Tiguan is on it's way now. Not sure about Kodiaq. Either way, I was slightly wary of going with 2L Petrol.[/list]

Vehicle experience and tidbits

Sharing some detailed objective feedback, trying to keep my new car euphoria aside.
  • Door design: Another peculiar observation are doors, which go all the way down. I don't know if any other vehicle is designed this way, but C5 doors wrap all the way to the bottom. All cars I could find have a strip of metal at bottom which is not part of door. That way you can see the door outline when you see the vehicle from side. Now, I don't care so much about the design, but C5 doors going all the way down means that they get dirty at the bottom, especially in wet weather. That dirt is visible on the inside when you open the door. I wonder if this will affect the door's paint coating in long term. It also looks a bit shabby when you open the door. It's not a big deal but it's one of those you-cant-unsee-it situations.
  • Note - Feature removals: Since Nov, there are two features silently removed from the car -- 1) the physical key door lock slot on outside is removed from driver side. It's only on passenger side now. Weird, but okay. 2) Boot open button on driver console is removed. This one hurt me a bit.

Overall, I will admit I do get that 'they should have given that feature for this price' thought occasionally. I'd seriously recommend anyone considering entry level vehicles of premium brands to try out Citroen C5.

Hearty congratulations and wishing you many happy miles with new member in the family. Hoping you munch miles sooner & overall experience with the brand stay positive over years.

Very valid points, it is still tough find a perfect allrounder with in 30-35 Lacks until 2022. Hopefully once Kodiaq, Tiguan & New Tucson are available in the market there will be more options for customers. It's been a year of price hikes expecting these will list at premium. Customers will end up shelling more.

Very interesting observation on the door. Some how i had missed this part. Hawk eye indeed. Would be interesting to see how it works on water logged roads.

Prices have steadily been on upward trajectory for this model from launch and dilution of features so early is surprising. Not sure how much saving it adds per car & is it worth doing it?

Thanks for sharing your observations. Hoping this well engineered car finds more homes.
CircleOfLife is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 10:38   #408
BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

Nissan kicks has this very same lower door design problem of catching mud during rains. As You know kicks is redesigned car based on Duster's Bo platform. The kicks door also runs all the way down to the running board. The platform is set inside inside fenders, as you see the fenders of duster pops out.

In kicks, they have placed a rubber beading above 2 inch fro.thr lower door panel, but this does not stop the mud below the rubber shield.

We kicks owners too have the question of long term rusting and panel damage. But we don't worry much as the warranty would take care of the design fault.

We have also sent Voice of customer of this issue with few more suggestions to the company through our kicks owners club.

Hope we see some corrections in their face-lift?
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 10:44   #409
Senior - BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

I believe that door design is to ensure that when the car is dirty and you get in or out, your lower legs don't get dirt on them. I don't think it's a bad design, although I don't know how it's executed on the C5. The Tata Harrier does something similar.

The door lock design is commonplace in European cars. All VAG cars behave the same way.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 20th December 2021 at 10:50.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 10:57   #410
BHPian

Nice brief review of an underrated vehicle

Quote:
Door design: Another peculiar observation are doors, which go all the way down. I don't know if any other vehicle is designed this way, but C5 doors wrap all the way to the bottom. All cars I could find have a strip of metal at bottom which is not part of door. That way you can see the door outline when you see the vehicle from side. Now, I don't care so much about the design, but C5 doors going all the way down means that they get dirty at the bottom, especially in wet weather
This door design is becoming common in more premium SUVs nowadays. The advantage here is that one doesn't accidentally brush ones trousers, sarees, etc. against wet and muddy door sills when getting in/out.
batladanny is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 11:28   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I believe that door design is to ensure that when the car is dirty and you get in or out, your lower legs don't get dirt on them. I don't think it's a bad design, although I don't know how it's executed on the C5. The Tata Harrier does something similar.
The door lock design is commonplace in European cars. All VAG cars behave the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batladanny View Post
This door design is becoming common in more premium SUVs nowadays. The advantage here is that one doesn't accidentally brush ones trousers, sarees, etc. against wet and muddy door sills when getting in/out.
Thank you McLaren Rulez and batladanny. That makes sense. It's a good concept for muddy road conditions.

On the door lock - it might be a safety thing too. To allow for quick and easy exit in a panic situation.
Old 20th December 2021, 13:08   #412
BHPian

Wow, Congratulations on your car and its amazing how similar our car buying journeys are. Heck, you even saved me a lot of typing effort on this forum thanks to your well articulated post on testing, choosing and owning a new C5 aircross. I too was the owner of a 3nd gen Honda City for 10 long years and the reliability and performance of that car set a high bar of the one to follow. Over the recent years, my family grew as well with a child and a 50kg dog to the brood so my prime considerations for the car upgrade were comfort, safety, performance, ground clearance (only sore point with my City) and very importantly flexibility around space. Driving around with a huge dog the size of a calf is no easy feat.

My budget was capped at 50L. I tested many options 20L upward - Alcazar, Hector, Gloster, Compass, Safari, BMW X1 to name a few. For some strange reason the C5 was not in my initial list of considerations and I went on to book a Gloster. Was promised delivery around Diwali and as fate would have it, it got delayed with no delivery timeline in sight. Though the Gloster did check off many of the boxes in my list of considerations, I was a bit edgy about its overall design language which seemed a confused mish mash of many premium SUVs , plus the fit and finish of the interior elements like knobs and buttons seemed too flimsy for a 45L vehicle. Add to that the alarming number of reported malfunctions and reliability concerns about the Gloster online kept me a bit restless about my decision.

That's when I saw the C5 aircross ad with a pretty cool financing option ad online and called for a test drive. It was love at fist drive, and it checked off all my boxes even on space and flexibility front. The 3 seats and folding options were perfect for me and the family. We even did an elaborate test drive with the dog (must have been a first for Citroen to have a dog join a TD) and he seemed to like it too. Space apart, the C5 blew me away with its distinctive design language, both on the exterior and interiors. The fit and finish of the materials used scream premium (my earlier niggle with the Gloster). I also loved the understated elegance of the car where the design right up to the quality of paint used, speaks for itself without overuse of chrome and badging. On the feature list, I feel the C5 offers the most relevant (atleast to me) bunch of features like auto headlamps, auto wipers, hill climb assist, auto start stop etc. I personally don't care for features like wireless charging, 64 color mood lighting (makes the car look like a bar on wheels in my opinion, I prefer the tastefully done subtle white illumination in the C5). There are however some features that I think the C5 should have covered :

1. Music system : Being an avid audiophile, the music system falls short of what one expects in an ~40L car. As the Team BHP official review rightly put , even lower end cars like the Alcazar and Hector offer a vastly superior audio experience with branded speakers like Bose or Infinity. The stock speakers on the C5 are just OK.As a pro tip, you can maximize the EQ settings on the C5 controls and EQ the source input for better results as most smartphones have very capable digital signal processing for their music output. This is of course a temporary workaround and I plan to upgrade my speakers shortly.

2. The boot release switch : There was a dedicated boot release switch in the earlier models of the C5 in India and I cannot stop wondering why they would do away with something so basic but essential. Now opening the boot at checkpoints like mall entries etc. requires you to switch off the car fully to release the boot via the key fob, which in my opinion is terribly inconvenient.

3. 360 degree camera. A must have feature in cars of today for our road and parking conditions. While the 8 proximity sensors on the car do help in bumper to bumper conditions as well as parking in tight spots, for a car of this size and price adding a 360 camera would have been very beneficial.

In the 3 weeks that I have had the car, I have covered almost 1000 kms including expressway runs, ghat climbs (Mumbai - Mahabaleshwar) and of course navigating through city traffic and the car outshines in every condition. There is enough torque on tap without any lag what so ever. Hill climbs on steep ghats as well as overtaking capabilities even with full load are a breeze thanks to the 2.0 L gem of an engine. Absolutely zero niggles, glitches, rattles that are reported so very often in new cars these days. And the cherry on top is the stunner that the car is. I have had admiring glances and enquiries about the car wherever I have gone, including from premium brand owners like Mercs and BMWs. I personally think Citroen is doing a pretty poor job of advertising all that the car is capable of and focusing on just the comfort element alone. The car is definitely high on comfort, but there's a lot more going for it and if Citroen can create more buzz around these factors, we should see more C5's on the road soon. The other bit is the after sales experience. While I have not had an opportunity to experience the quality of their after sales experience, users on some online forums have reported some hurdles in claiming support under warranty. I sincerely hope Citroen has its ear to the ground and pulls up its socks on these fronts. The car itself is brilliant and I'm extremely happy to see other discerning fellow T-BHP members joining the C5 owners club along with me. Hope to see our community increase over the months and many glorious years of driving this awesome car. In summation, I see the C5 to be a lot like an Apple product - nothing like the others in the market, speaks its own design language. Are there competitors in the market that can do its job for a lower price, sure yeah but there's a reason why Apple products create such a buzz even if perceived as inherently overvalued and that is exactly why one would would buy a C5 if they do.

Sharing a few pictures from my 3 weeks of ownership.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-20211220_095733.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-20211220_095958.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-20211220_100038.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-20211220_100513.jpg  

Frusciante is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 13:28   #413
BHPian

Quote:
  • Door lock: The weirdest observation for C5 for me was the door lock. Pulling the door handle from inside overrides central locking's LOCK status and simply opens the door. There's central locking button on center dash but there's no dedicated physical lock button/slider/tab on the door itself. I don't know if it's a thing on other cars too. In some way this is good -- I never end up in situation where I accidentally try to open a locked door then spend next few seconds trying to figure out which way should I twist the lock switch. On other side, I find it really unsafe. I'm going with the assumption that car electronics won't unlock-and-open the door when vehicle is moving but I'm yet to test this out. (To be honest I don't think I'll test it :/). Of course, this doesn't happen on rear doors with Child Lock <wipes sweat off the head>, phew.
Yes, the door handles work from inside irrespective of whether the central locking is engaged or not. It is the same for all European cars is what I gather. Both my GT and the Karoq have this. Apparently this is a safety requirement so that the occupants can come out even if the electronics fail after a crash. So, for us, if there is/are kids, child lock is mandatory.

And yes, the doors open even if the central locking gets engaged at 15kph and the car is moving . I've tried it on the GT.
cpabhijit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 14:30   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*] Door lock: The weirdest observation for C5 for me was the door lock. Pulling the door handle from inside overrides central locking's LOCK status and simply opens the door. There's central locking button on center dash but there's no dedicated physical lock button/slider/tab on the door itself. I don't know if it's a thing on other cars too. In some way this is good -- I never end up in situation where I accidentally try to open a locked door then spend next few seconds trying to figure out which way should I twist the lock switch. On other side, I find it really unsafe. I'm going with the assumption that car electronics won't unlock-and-open the door when vehicle is moving but I'm yet to test this out. (To be honest I don't think I'll test it :/). Of course, this doesn't happen on rear doors with Child Lock <wipes sweat off the head>, phew.
Congratulations on your purchase.

These kind of confusing door locks (which open-up promptly from inside even when centrally locked) are found on the VW cars as well, like the Polo.

To add, the locking-action applies only to the 'outer' door handles, not to the 'inside' door handles.

When my Kid grew up and wanted to sit in the front, I had to tape off the entire inside door handle, to prevent him from opening it accidentally.
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 16:43   #415
BHPian

Quote:
I've been procrastinating on making a post for past few weeks, but thanks to streetfighter, I got tempo to finally post my experience
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your happiness with the group. Great analysis while shortlisting the Aircross and nice observations about the door and feature omissions. None of the other reports highlighted those and they are an eye-opener. I hope Citroen doesn't go the Ford way and keep removing features silently.

Now that the C5 Aircross is in, how would you fix your team-bhp handle "the.city" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
Wow, Congratulations on your car and its amazing how similar our car buying journeys are.
Congrats, the black looks absolutely stunning. Any coating done? Please share details.

Regarding the dealership and after sales service (ASS) experience, I feel most of the dealership employees have come from from the Marutis, Fords and Hyundais. Unless Citroen enforces a cultural change and be customer oriented, there won't be a major shift in the way customers are treated or hows cars are serviced. ASS has been a hit or a miss in my earlier experience with other brands. With less number of cars to attend and service, I expect Citroen to be marginally better. Still early days for me, yet to get to 2k kms/2 months for the first service.
streetfighter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 17:13   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post

Congrats, the black looks absolutely stunning. Any coating done? Please share details.

Regarding the dealership and after sales service (ASS) experience, I feel most of the dealership employees have come from from the Marutis, Fords and Hyundais. Unless Citroen enforces a cultural change and be customer oriented, there won't be a major shift in the way customers are treated or hows cars are serviced. ASS has been a hit or a miss in my earlier experience with other brands. With less number of cars to attend and service, I expect Citroen to be marginally better. Still early days for me, yet to get to 2k kms/2 months for the first service.
Thank you sir. Yes I had a diamond ceramic coating done. Not only does it provide this absolute mirror finish to an already beautiful paint job, but more importantly I'm hoping it retains all or most of its effect over the years to come, helped by some free touch ups that the detailing studio has promised me. This was a 35k, 48 hour affair.

I agree with you on the dealership and ASS experience. SO far the journey with the Citroen Mumbai dealership has been fairly OK, nothing spectacular but nothing bad either. The lack of well established service centers is a bit of a concern but I guess we all have taken a leap of faith for this car we love.

Congratulations to you too on your beautiful new ride. . Looking forward to more updates from you on your ownership experience.

Here's a pic of the car right after the ceramic coat job.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-20211220_170246.jpg  

Frusciante is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 17:24   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your happiness with the group. Great analysis while shortlisting the Aircross and nice observations about the door and feature omissions. None of the other reports highlighted those and they are an eye-opener. I hope Citroen doesn't go the Ford way and keep removing features silently.

Now that the C5 Aircross is in, how would you fix your team-bhp handle "the.city" ?

BTW, I noticed you are from Mumbai too. Which dealership did you get your vehicle from, Andheri or Worli ? I got mine from Andheri.
Old 20th December 2021, 17:24   #418
BHPian

Quote:
That's when I saw the C5 aircross ad with a pretty cool financing option ad online and called for a test drive. It was love at first drive, and it checked off all my boxes even on space and flexibility front.
Congratulations. At last, this thread has gathered some steam, and hoping the excitement continues. Black color is a stunner you got there. Hoping you got everything in your arsenal to maintain this color. Would definitely recommend a PPF (at least partially). The music system is average in default settings. I wonder when was the last french car in India that had a music system that satisfied Audiophiles?

Won't changing of speakers would effect the warranty? Anyone has tried soft offroading yet?

I still get excited seeing this vehicle occasionally on the roads. There is a lot of exclusitivity owning one now. Reluctance of Citroen to spend on marketing is surprising. Feels like they are very happy selling the minuscule numbers and only want to invest more when C3 comes to the market. The only marketing is through TBHP or word of mouth.
CircleOfLife is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 17:42   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Congratulations. At last, this thread has gathered some steam, and hoping the excitement continues. Black color is a stunner you got there. Hoping you got everything in your arsenal to maintain this color. Would definitely recommend a PPF (at least partially). The music system is average in default settings. I wonder when was the last french car in India that had a music system that satisfied Audiophiles?

Won't changing of speakers would effect the warranty? Anyone has tried soft offroading yet?

I still get excited seeing this vehicle occasionally on the roads. There is a lot of exclusitivity owning one now. Reluctance of Citroen to spend on marketing is surprising. Feels like they are very happy selling the minuscule numbers and only want to invest more when C3 comes to the market. The only marketing is through TBHP or word of mouth.
Thank you sir . Yes, have done a ceramic coat for now (details in my other post) and I'm hoping the color stays protected for a long time to come. Lucky you to have spotted another C5 on the roads. I have kept my eyes open for the past 1 month and almost a 1000 kms on the road but haven't had the luck of spotting one. . Hoping that changes. And yes, Citroen's marketing strategy is very puzzling. Not just the frequency and channels the market through, but also the content. There is an excessive focus on comfort and less on features which should appeal more to the "value" seeking Indian market. Most car portals mark features like cooled glove box and hill climb assist as unavailable for the C5 in their reviews. Such is the poor level of awareness about this car in the market. Citroen should take a leaf out of MGs marketing playbook.
Frusciante is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 17:55   #420
BHPian

Quote:
The Black C5 looks stellar. Congratulations on the buy.

Last edited by auxsend : 20th December 2021 at 17:56. Reason: type error
auxsend is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks