Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2021, 18:09   #436
BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
I got a grass matt for my pet. She has her own (boot) space now and enjoys every bit.
I just noticed you have a pet dog too. Have you done any long drives with her in the boot? How was the experience for your and her. While I've clocked a few kms with my Lab, the one thing I'm yet to try is an outstation trip where I have my pooch + bags and I'm hoping it doesn't get very comfortable behind. Let me know if you have any experiences on that front.
Old 22nd December 2021, 21:31   #437
BHPian

Friends,

I was shopping for an SUV and my priorities were simple:

1. It must have a great ride + safety features.
2. Must seat 5 in comfort + should not be a very large vehicle.
3. Must be Automatic.
4. Budget Rs. 35 Lacs

Citroen C5 Aircross perfectly fits the bill and I am contemplating to buy it.

Is it better to buy the SUV in Jan 22.
The dealer is offering a discount of Rs. 50,000/- on Shine model and tells me that this discount may not be available in Jan 22 plus, the price of the vehicle may go up from Jan 22.

Existing owners can you please share if you have received any discounts + offers from your dealers.

Appreciate all the help.

Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2021, 22:03   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post
Existing owners can you please share if you have received any discounts + offers from your dealers.

Appreciate all the help.

Thanks.
Hey Nikhil, I got a discount of 1L in Mumbai in November. I also heard that the C5 rates are going to go up again in Jan so your dealer may be right. About the car itself, its the perfect fit for your requirements so no hesitation there. Good luck.
Frusciante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 12:39   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arreyosambha View Post
In the past 6 months since the launch, I've chanced across a grand total of ONE Citroën C5 on Delhi roads.

For context, in the same time frame, I've spotted 2 different Ferrari 812s.
As a matter fact have not been able to sight one on Chennai Roads till last week, before I went to take a test drive. Boy, the car really is a good one to drive and own despite the goodies that are missing. The only pain point is pricing. I was thinking, what will be the brand value once C3 is launched. If its launched less than 8L, and it becomes a rage/ hit, one will loose the premium value of buying C5 today. Alternatively, the positive would be that there will be many cities / service stations that would come up and reduce one of the key risks which we are fraught with today. With around 50-75 vehicle sales a month, its not sustainable to continue C5. If C3 is launched around 15 L, it may not get in volumes but brand will retain the premium position and number of dealerships may not grow. Its a devil vs deep sea situation. Even if C5 was priced at INR 25 L Ex show room, does any one think would they sell volumes that would justify the cost reductions. They may have almost cannibalized Compass Limited /S model Diesel sales. It would be great to understand how the Stellantis team thought about the market and pricing

Last edited by Lalitha Venkat : 24th December 2021 at 12:40.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 14:07   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
As a matter fact have not been able to sight one on Chennai Roads till last week, before I went to take a test drive. Boy, the car really is a good one to drive and own despite the goodies that are missing. The only pain point is pricing. I was thinking, what will be the brand value once C3 is launched. If its launched less than 8L, and it becomes a rage/ hit, one will loose the premium value of buying C5 today. Alternatively, the positive would be that there will be many cities / service stations that would come up and reduce one of the key risks which we are fraught with today. With around 50-75 vehicle sales a month, its not sustainable to continue C5. If C3 is launched around 15 L, it may not get in volumes but brand will retain the premium position and number of dealerships may not grow. Its a devil vs deep sea situation. Even if C5 was priced at INR 25 L Ex show room, does any one think would they sell volumes that would justify the cost reductions. They may have almost cannibalized Compass Limited /S model Diesel sales. It would be great to understand how the Stellantis team thought about the market and pricing
I have heard the C3 is slated to launch in the the 6-11L bracket which puts it head to head with hot sellers like the Nissan Magnite etc. And I'm following the C3 updates closely. I think Citroen is still misreading the Indian market even with C3 as it comes without auto climate control etc. which puts it back by a decade. Unfortunately India is a market which is won more by feature lists + mileage than good driving dynamics, comfort and safety which is why the Asian tin cans rule. As a C5 owner, that does have me thinking on the same lines that you have pointed out - Citroen presence will probably be restricted to Tier 1 cities where some discerning customers will buy it due to dealership/ASS presence but will it make pan-India inroads. Sadly, observing Citroen's playbook so far, I'm not very optimistic.
Frusciante is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 17:20   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
I have heard the C3 is slated to launch in the the 6-11L bracket which puts it head to head with hot sellers like the Nissan Magnite etc. And I'm following the C3 updates closely. I think Citroen is still misreading the Indian market even with C3 as it comes without auto climate control etc. which puts it back by a decade. Unfortunately India is a market which is won more by feature lists + mileage than good driving dynamics, comfort and safety which is why the Asian tin cans rule. As a C5 owner, that does have me thinking on the same lines that you have pointed out - Citroen presence will probably be restricted to Tier 1 cities where some discerning customers will buy it due to dealership/ASS presence but will it make pan-India inroads. Sadly, observing Citroen's playbook so far, I'm not very optimistic.
Agree with you on the fact that these guys have not been able to read Indian market at all. We are taking about highly paid executives who have a considerable auto experience and not some punks. If Fiat made a mistake first decade of 2k, it is still understandable. But they have had the collective wisdom of at least 15 years to analyze the market and come up with some thing that is a winner. But one thing to their credit is, I have never felt wowed driving any car like C5 in the last few years in less than INR 35 price point.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 23:54   #442
BHPian

Today I saw a C5 on the road for the first time!! And that too in a remote ghat in the outskirts of Dandeli, of all places. And I live in Bangalore.

I've driven a Citroen C3 before in Scotland. It felt like driving a solid car. I had some real pleasure driving the hatch through some nice countryside on the way to Fort William. The story of that drive is for another time!

I know the C5 is a solid car. I'd love to drive one. But I wouldn't buy one in India. And it pains to me that the fatly paid executives were so bad at execution that they are likely to kill a brand with their "best blow". They just had to price it better.
Old 7th January 2022, 14:00   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
I just noticed you have a pet dog too. Have you done any long drives with her in the boot? How was the experience for your and her. While I've clocked a few kms with my Lab, the one thing I'm yet to try is an outstation trip where I have my pooch + bags and I'm hoping it doesn't get very comfortable behind. Let me know if you have any experiences on that front.
Hey, sorry for the late post, was on a road trip to Jaisalmer & Jodhpur with my Aircross (more on this later). I didn't take my pet on this trip but I did take her on a day trip to Nashik in the boot and she was pretty comfortable. Since we were just 4 people travelling in the car, I fold one rear seat so that my pet can see us and we can watch her too. With luggage, taking the pet in the boot can become uncomfortable and risky too if the luggage slides around.
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 14:41   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, sorry for the late post, was on a road trip to Jaisalmer & Jodhpur with my Aircross (more on this later). I didn't take my pet on this trip but I did take her on a day trip to Nashik in the boot and she was pretty comfortable. Since we were just 4 people travelling in the car, I fold one rear seat so that my pet can see us and we can watch her too. With luggage, taking the pet in the boot can become uncomfortable and risky too if the luggage slides around.
Excellent..eagerly waiting for your roadtrip experience and pictures. I was planning a long trip to Goa this month but...sigh..Omicron
Frusciante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 15:40   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... I fold one rear seat so that my pet can see us and we can watch her too. With luggage, taking the pet in the boot can become uncomfortable and risky too if the luggage slides around.
a non Citroen Aircross (great car btw) comment: I hope you attach the Dog's collar/Harness to a seat belt Anchor. If not, I highly recommend it. I had a crash in my car and fortunately he was anchored down to the middle row seat with a seat belt attachment. If not, He'd have been greatly injured flying all around the car during the incident.
My Dog now rides in the boot of my Sorento with the anchor attached to the middle row headrest.
14000rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 15:57   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
a non Citroen Aircross (great car btw) comment: I hope you attach the Dog's collar/Harness to a seat belt Anchor. If not, I highly recommend it. I had a crash in my car and fortunately he was anchored down to the middle row seat with a seat belt attachment. If not, He'd have been greatly injured flying all around the car during the incident.
My Dog now rides in the boot of my Sorento with the anchor attached to the middle row headrest.
Great tip, I missed this part. I tie the pet harness to the tie-rings provided in The Aircross' boot. Citroen has provided 4 such metal rings in 4 corners and the metal rings feel pretty sturdy.Citroen C5 Aircross Review-citroen.jpg
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 10:53   #447
Senior - BHPian

Citroen C5 Aircross sales numbers for the month of December 2021 and comparison to sales of November 2021.

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-smartselect_20220108104830_chrome.jpg

Source : Auto Punditz
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 11:59   #448
BHPian

C5 Aircross is underrated in my opinion. I think the pricing(though it seems worth every penny) and lack of dealerships and service centers worked against it. The car is definitely a looker, excellent engine-gearbox combo, premium interiors with focus on ride quality, 4star euro ncap rating, all make it a car worth considering. I’m in the market for a new car and I have short listed this one. I hope they introduce the facelift sooner as it is now more aligned to the current market expectations in terms of features. Anyone aware of potential India launch?
techmotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 13:17   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmotor View Post
C5 Aircross is underrated in my opinion. I think the pricing(though it seems worth every penny) and lack of dealerships and service centers worked against it. The car is definitely a looker, excellent engine-gearbox combo, premium interiors with focus on ride quality, 4star euro ncap rating, all make it a car worth considering. I’m in the market for a new car and I have short listed this one. I hope they introduce the facelift sooner as it is now more aligned to the current market expectations in terms of features. Anyone aware of potential India launch?
Goodluck on your purchase. The facelift in the Euro markets seems like its for the hydrid model and I'm not sure if we'll see it in India anytime soon as Citroen's focus will now shift to C3 in India. As for the pricing, I can guarantee those crying about the price have never had the opportunity to drive a C5 and see what exactly they are getting for the price. A lot of Indians buy their cars like their groceries - a feature list on paper, more the merrier not thinking about what it really adds to their drive. I still can't fathom what value 64 colour mood lights add to a car if it doesn't give you an excellent ride. But priorities are skewed . For those shopping in the 30-45 L bracket and focused on SUVs/CSUVs, you either get a very dated Tuscon at the lower end of that price spectrum or one can join the herd and get a white fortuner coz that what everyone else does. In my humble opinion thats where the C5 hits a sweet spot, focusses on being a great car for the 40L you pay.
Frusciante is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 13:21   #450
BHPian

Thanks @Frusciante for your inputs. I completely agree with you on the pricing part but unfortunately most people compare features primarily and that’s where they come up with statements like 15lakh car is having so and so features but not a 40lakh car. C5 have all the necessary features and even some more and I’m really impressed with the car even without talking a TD. Since I’m in the shortlisting phase and doesn’t require a new car urgently, I’m awaiting for newer models as well. For instance, facelifts of C5, Tucson etc. and probably any new car launched in between. I’ll be closely watching yours and streetfighter’s ownership updates especially with respect to after sales services. Please do keep us updated. Wishing you more safe and happy mile munching in your car
techmotor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks